REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #151
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Your right. Stand in the 50km/h batting cages and see how you react when one comes at you at 140.
Are you trying to tell me that when you are making left hand turns you aren't paying attention or expecting cars to be passing you at different rates of speed? You should be assuming people are driving unsafe and most importantly watching what is coming towards you before you make that turn.
Advertisement
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #152
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
Are you trying to tell me that when you are making left hand turns you aren't paying attention or expecting cars to be passing you at different rates of speed? You should be assuming people are driving unsafe and most importantly watching what is coming towards you before you make that turn.
I think what he's trying to get at is judging a vehicle going 140km/h is much harder than we may think. from the time he entered the intersection to the impact he was traveling 39m/s, considering it would be about 5-6 seconds or so it's really hard to judge a vehicle 200m+ away.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #153
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

u damn right we all saints, all those speeding videos on youtube are fake, completely fake.

No one speeds in this city, hell we dont even need baby sitting from the popos on marine drive and boundary on a sunny day. overrated i tell ya
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #154
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
The hypocrisy on car forums is always what cracks me up and depresses me. As if everyone on these boards are angels and have never broken any laws in any kind of vehicle. Most of you act as if you have never sped. Most of us were 18 at some point driving like an asshat.
You do realize there's a huge gap between the kind of illegal driving most people have done and doing nearly 3x the limit, in town, in traffic, in the middle of the day, and in the wet. I'd wager a lot of people have done some douchey driving in a lot of those ways (aside from the 3x the limit) but very few people are stupid enough to combine all of them.

Quote:
Even more hypocritical most still do speed in their adult lives too. You all act like this is a scenario you could never find yourself in on either. The reality is you can spend years never speeding and decide one day you are going to open your car up for just a moment and next thing you know you end up in a situation like this.
Again I'd wager plenty of people do, but they choose a much better time and place than this idiot did. The other big difference between this guy and most other people is that when normal people have a near miss they change their behavior. He had an actual accident yet still acts like a massive asshole.

To me the excessive speeding ticket he got after this accident takes away any potential "it was a momentary mistake" and rolls this guy straight into the massive sack of shit category. Most people have the decency to show some amount of remorse after their actions either caused or contributed to the death of someone, but he clearly does not.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #155
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Oh we're acting like cruising 20km/h over the limit keeping up with traffic, or opening up the car on an open highway is the same as weaving in and out of traffic at 140km/h on a busy city street. Ok then great argument.

I guess you don't know the difference between a slap on the ass and rape either.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #156
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
I’m trying to tell you, that neither fucking you, or I, would be very good at processing the information that a car 1 city block away was going to be at us in under 3 seconds.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #157
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

excessive speeding is quite vague, everyone will get excessive speeding for example, on marine, going 80 @ a 50zone. Not saying Ken Chung is any right in the 140km/h thru an intersection, but i think a lot of us are drawing too much on speculation and assumption that probably doesn't mean anything.

But Ken Chung is definitely a shithead though, bet you he never braked
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com

Last edited by nsx042003; 06-20-2018 at 02:30 PM.
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:55 PM   #158
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Reading the comments of this thread lead me to believe that licenses need to be revoked for some of you guys. I have in fact experienced fast cars flying by me in the opposite direction many, many times in my life. Have you ever turned left on a highway with a posted limit of 120km/hr? Most people are doing 140-160km/hr. Have I experienced people flying by at those same speeds in 50 or 60 zones? Ya, and trust me when I say you can tell the difference if you are paying any kind of attention. The fact you all seem to think that it is near impossible or extremely difficult to gauge this kind of speed is disturbing to me. The fact you are even on the road and can't spot cars going various different speeds is scary.
It’s a little different when you’re in a 120km/h zone and people are going 140-160 and a 50km/h zone and someone doing 140.

A more apples to apples example would be if you were in a 120km/h zone with lots of traffic, cars, people and distractions waiting to turn left and someone is going 400km/h

Someone said it before that it was probably dr. Hui seeing the first car coming at about speed limit so he judged his turn on that and didn’t see the Audi. No one in their right mind would of expected someone to be going 3x speed limit

And no one will ever know if your experiences are exact or not. The other car could of been going only 100/h for all we know. You make it sound like these speeds happen all the time
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #159
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Well there's always that guy who's seen it all and came out of it without a scratch if it supports his argument.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #160
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
The fact you are even on the road and can't spot cars going various different speeds is scary. It implies you are all giving at best a glance at traffic while doing a left hand turn.

Trolling, not in the slightest. The courts made a decision and thank god they made it and not the people of this thread. Pray you never find yourself in a situation where you are being tried by your peers because they apparently have very little mercy.

Just to the last part, so you are saying you are waiting to turn left. Double intersection car in front of you is waiting to make a LH turn from his side, vision is obscured partially. you can see normally a fair amount of distance to make a safe judgement call if you can make it.

Now this dipshit in the audi he definitely wasn't in the line of sight the Dr had, and went 150+ into the intersection. How far can you get in 5 seconds going that fast? Surely if the speeder was going 50 we wouldn't be having this conversation.
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #161
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

It’s both of their faults. There are risks when getting behind the wheel, and this is one of them. Ken took a risk speeding. The Dr took a risk turning, and it costed him his life. Both of them risked something, and it only worked out for one of them. Both could have been killed. If the doctor did not turn left blindly, there would be no crash. If Ken was going slower, there would be no crash. I believe there is equal fault here.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #162

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
To give you an idea how far the Audi was;

Reports have him going 119 kph into the intersection, slowing from 140 a block before. That's 33 m/s from 38 m/s.

At 5 seconds? That's at least 160m, Looking at Google Maps, that puts you just at W43rd. Audi was slowing down, so at 5 seconds he likely had't crossed 43rd yet.

50 to 70 kph is 13 to 20 m/s for reference.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #163

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
I'm not using an out of date definition, i'm using what the court used. The momentary lapse in judgement. A moment is 90 seconds. So anywhere in that time period is fair game to be called a moment.
Quote:
mo·ment
ˈmōmənt/Submit
noun
noun: moment; plural noun: moments
a very brief period of time.
"she was silent for a moment before replying"
synonyms: little while, short time, bit, minute, instant, second, split second; informalsec
"he thought for a moment"
an exact point in time.
"she would always remember the moment they met"
synonyms: point (in time), time, hour
"the moment they met"
an appropriate time for doing something; an opportunity.
"I was waiting for the right moment"
a particular stage in something's development or in a course of events.
"one of the great moments in aviation history"
formal
importance.
"the issues were of little moment to the electorate"
synonyms: importance, import, significance, consequence, note, weight, concern, interest
"issues of little moment"
PHYSICS
a turning effect produced by a force acting at a distance on an object.
the magnitude of a turning effect produced by a force acting at a distance, expressed as the product of the force and the distance from its line of action to a given point.
STATISTICS
a quantity that expresses the average or expected value of the first, second, third, or fourth power of the deviation of each component of a frequency distribution from some given value, typically mean or zero. The first moment is the mean, the second moment the variance, the third moment the skew, and the fourth moment the kurtosis.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moment
Quote:
Definition of moment
1 a : a minute portion or point of time : instant
a moment of dreadful suspense —Graham Greene
b : a comparatively brief period of time moments of solitude
2 a : present time
at the moment she is at work on her fourth novel —Holiday
b : a time of excellence or conspicuousness
there's … some deliciously funny moments, but most of it is numbingly subtle —Jess Cagle
3 : importance in influence or effect
decisions of moment must be made by our government —L. H. Evans
4 obsolete : a cause or motive of action
5 : a stage in historical or logical development
a document of one moment in the history of thought and sensibility in the nineteenth century —T. S. Eliot
6 a : tendency or measure of tendency to produce motion especially about a point or axis
b : the product of quantity (such as a force) and the distance to a particular axis or point
7 a : the mean (see 4mean 1b) of the nth powers of the deviations (see deviation b) of the observed values in a set of statistical data from a fixed value
b : the expected value of a power of the deviation (see deviation b) of a random variable from a fixed value
Moment | Define Moment at Dictionary.com
Quote:
noun
an indefinitely short period of time; instant:
I'll be with you in a moment.
the present time or any other particular time (usually preceded by the):
He is busy at the moment.
a definite period or stage, as in a course of events; juncture:
at this moment in history.
importance or consequence:
a decision of great moment.
a particular time or period of success, excellence, fame, etc.:
His big moment came in the final game.
Statistics. the mean or expected value of the product formed by multiplying together a set of one or more variates or variables each to a specified power.
Philosophy.
an aspect of a thing.
Obsolete.an essential or constituent factor.
Mechanics.
a tendency to produce motion, especially about an axis.
the product of a physical quantity and its directed distance from an axis:
moment of area; moment of mass.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/moment
Quote:
A very brief period of time.

‘she was silent for a moment before replying’
‘a few moments later he returned to the office’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.1 An exact point in time.
‘she would always remember the moment they met’
1.2 An appropriate time for doing something; an opportunity.
‘I was waiting for the right moment to tell him’
More example sentences
1.3 A particular stage in the development of something or in a course of events.
‘one of the great moments in aviation history’
2formal mass noun Importance.

‘the issues were of little moment to the electorate’
3Physics
A turning effect produced by a force acting at a distance on an object.

Example sentences
3.1 The magnitude of a turning effect produced by a force acting at a distance, expressed as the product of the force and the distance from its line of action to a given point.
Example sentences
4Statistics
A quantity that expresses the average or expected value of the first, second, third, or fourth power of the deviation of each component of a frequency distribution from a given value, typically mean or zero. The first moment is the mean, the second moment the variance, the third moment the skew, and the fourth moment the kurtosis.

Example sentences
Yeah, totally not out of date. I guess the judge totally meant the definition that hasn't been used since the middle ages. Fuck off

Quote:
The hypocrisy on car forums is always what cracks me up and depresses me.
Like this kind of hypocrisy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
another incident with White Benz in Richmond.... right outside the RCMP community office too.

https://youtu.be/kDwe7SqrpZg
Quote:
I wouldn't call that bad driving. He has a bunch of trees blocking his view and as the person was moving forward saw you and stopped. I'd say you are more of the idiot as you had a clear lane beside you, time to slow down, check if it's open beside you then move over. Instead you insisted on driving all the way up to his front bumper in what looks like an attempt to express your outrage.
So, in this particular case, the guy going straight is at fault (while going at or near the speed limit), but the left turner isn't a bad driver? But if the video poster were going 143 km/h and smoked the Benz, killing the Benz driver in the process, it would've been the Benz driver's fault? K

Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote:
As if everyone on these boards are angels and have never broken any laws in any kind of vehicle. Most of you act as if you have never sped. Most of us were 18 at some point driving like an asshat.
You still do, judging from your comments about having your vehicle impounded if you were driving in AB like you do here.

You are, after all, speed.
Quote:
Even more hypocritical most still do speed in their adult lives too. You all act like this is a scenario you could never find yourself in on either.
Yeah, man, everyone here totally goes 143 km/h in a 50 zone all the fucking time, especially in the rain on weekday mornings.
Quote:
The reality is you can spend years never speeding and decide one day you are going to open your car up for just a moment and next thing you know you end up in a situation like this.
Maybe you do. I've never decided to gun it to 143 km/h in the rain in the city in the middle of the day through intersections.
Quote:
I'm also willing to bet on almost a daily basis many of you make unsafe left hand turns. Aka Vancouvers signature 3 car rule.
Quality argument given you've likely never seen anyone else on here drive, let alone "many" of us.

Quote:
Reading the comments of this thread lead me to believe that licenses need to be revoked for some of you guys.

Quote:
I have in fact experienced fast cars flying by me in the opposite direction many, many times in my life. Have you ever turned left on a highway with a posted limit of 120km/hr? Most people are doing 140-160km/hr.
So going 16-33% > posted limit is the same as doing 186% > posted speed limit? Makes sense.
Quote:
Have I experienced people flying by at those same speeds in 50 or 60 zones? Ya, and trust me when I say you can tell the difference if you are paying any kind of attention.
So you've experienced people flying by at 160 km/h in the city while it's raining at 8 AM? Was this in the few years you've been in Vancouver or back in Edmonton?

Quote:
The fact you all seem to think that it is near impossible or extremely difficult to gauge this kind of speed is disturbing to me. The fact you are even on the road and can't spot cars going various different speeds is scary.
No one pays attention except you. Congratulations, you're the world's greatest driver.

A reasonable person wouldn't expect a vehicle to be traveling 2.86 times the speed limit or double the "normal" speed of traffic, especially in the rain at 8 AM.

A reasonable person wouldn't accelerate to 143 km/h in the rain on a city street in the middle of the day.

A reasonable person would say it's extremely unsafe to operate a motor vehicle at those speeds in those conditions and the potential for devastating consequences is extremely high.

Quote:
It implies you are all giving at best a glance at traffic while doing a left hand turn.
You're inferring that. We're implying nothing of the sort, moron.

Quote:
Trolling, not in the slightest. The courts made a decision and thank god they made it and not the people of this thread. Pray you never find yourself in a situation where you are being tried by your peers because they apparently have very little mercy.
The case is being appealed and many cases in the past have been overturned (e.g. nurse who blew through a red light and killed two people). You'd think an attentive person like yourself would've been aware of that.

Lots of people in this thread have mercy. Maybe they don't for people who do stupid shit and kill people.

Thank god you're not making the decisions, given you'd pull the licenses of anyone who disagrees with you without ever seeing them drive.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #164

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
excessive speeding is quite vague, everyone will get excessive speeding for example, on marine, going 80 @ a 50zone. Not saying Ken Chung is any right in the 140km/h thru an intersection, but i think a lot of us are drawing too much on speculation and assumption that probably doesn't mean anything.

But Ken Chung is definitely a shithead though, bet you he never braked
In BC, excessive speeding is defined as traveling more than 40 km/h over the speed limit.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #165
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
gonna lump anyone who's driven over 51kph in the city with what should've been man slaughter?

give us a google map example of where you can make a left turn on a highway that has 120kph limit in BC

and prudz you're still a hindsight warrior because if you're turning a left on a highway, you're expecting highway speeds...not so much on Oak street...70-80 maybe...100 tops...140 during rush hour is batshit asinine

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-20-2018 at 06:42 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #166
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
The fucking retard was going 140kmh in rush hour traffic in a 50kmh zone, how the hell is this debate even happening?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #167
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you don't need good grades to apply for any school
you don't need good credit to buy a car

but you don't believe 70k names for a local case and the subsequent news coverage and social media spotlight after only a week has any weight?

are you friends/related to the judge, defense lawyer or Ken Chung?
70k random names, all of which are completely un-verifiable if they are actually people. If you can actually read, I didn't say I agree with the outcome, I just say online petitions are 1000% useless, especially when it actually goes to court and a decision was made. No court is going to overturn a decision because XXX69playa1999 signed an online petition.

You think our courts give a fuck about social media and Instagram feeds to determine outcomes in the judicial system? Do you know why judges are entrenched? Give you a hint, it's so they can make unbias, sometimes unfavourable decisions based on the law, past cases and evidence presented without having to worry about 1000 of teens (that have not seen a shred of evidence and making emotional judgements) complaining and him losing his job.

And if you didn't catch it the first time, I did not say I agree with the outcome in this case.

Last edited by trollface; 06-21-2018 at 08:38 AM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #168
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
In BC, excessive speeding is defined as traveling more than 40 km/h over the speed limit.
except certain area you know the speed limit is completely bullshit

Hwy 1....90km.... LOL

NO ONE does 90, and if u do, prepare to get rear end or tailgated. Everyone is going 110-130km

Marine drive.....LOL

not a single soul gonna be driving at that unreasonable speed
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 AM   #169
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
70k random names, all of which are completely un-verifiable if they are actually people. If you can actually read, I didn't say I agree with the outcome, I just say online petitions are 1000% useless, especially when it actually goes to court and a decision was made. No court is going to overturn a decision because XXX69playa1999 signed an online petition.

You think our courts give a fuck about social media and Instagram feeds to determine outcomes in the judicial system? Do you know why judges are entrenched? Give you a hint, it's so they can make unbias, sometimes unfavourable decisions based on the law, past cases and evidence presented without having to worry about 1000 of teens (that have not seen a shred of evidence and making emotional judgements) complaining and him losing his job.

And if you didn't catch it the first time, I did not say I agree with the outcome in this case.
You can calm the hell down ... nobody said that the petition would sway the judge's decision for a minute. The overwhelming response to the petition showed the Crown and ICBC the kind of societal outrage for the acquittal. The petition was a factor in getting the crown to appeal which is what the family wanted. Now hopefully, another common sense judge will do the right thing.

So at least we have one thing in common, we both do not agree with the outcome of this case so far.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #170
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
except certain area you know the speed limit is completely bullshit

Hwy 1....90km.... LOL

NO ONE does 90, and if u do, prepare to get rear end or tailgated. Everyone is going 110-130km

Marine drive.....LOL

not a single soul gonna be driving at that unreasonable speed
I do agree, marine drive is 50 and commercial around 1st ave is also 50. That doesn't make sense.

BUT

140 on oak mid-day is NOT ok
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #171
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
cassiar to port mann southbound averages 90 in the slow lane during rush hour

if someone's impatient with me doing 100 outside the passing lane i'll drive even slower so there's less chance of a rear-ender as suggested in the driver's manual

marine drive many are often doing 70+ but there's frequent speed traps near the burnaby stretch

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-21-2018 at 12:22 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #172
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Some new west fire chief cut into me on the HOV lane at grandview exit at 90km/h when I was doing the average traffic speed of 110km/h and then proceeded to do 90km/h through on the fast lane till the tunnel.

Dude is a fucking genius.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #173
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Some new west fire chief cut into me on the HOV lane at grandview exit at 90km/h when I was doing the average traffic speed of 110km/h and then proceeded to do 90km/h through on the fast lane till the tunnel.

Dude is a fucking genius.
Guy should see this

https://twitter.com/ISPVersailles/st...26autosize%3D1
Old 06-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #174
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Jmac rekt them.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #175
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
the opinions expressed by trollface are of those trollface. they do not reflect the opinions or views of the troll community or its members
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote