REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #26
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
^ Good times listening to Everybody Dance Now on a tinny speaker while waiting for my turn on the water slides at Splashdown way back when
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Do you guys know whether it is worth it buy the $25 reserve tickets for the concerts? Or just use the free admission and show up right at 7pm for the show?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

I went to Mother Mother (last year?) - last time I stepped in there... good place to take kids to a concert.. I don't think I'll be going this year though. The rides are lame. It's insanely busy. Costs are through the roof. And one of my kids is absolutely terrified of rides - so essentially a waste of money.

I do however have super fond memories of the PNE during my teen years.
XSSIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #29
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Do you guys know whether it is worth it buy the $25 reserve tickets for the concerts? Or just use the free admission and show up right at 7pm for the show?
100% worth it. The lineups for concerts start at like ducking 4pm

I’ve only got the last weekend off, but have tues/wed/thur for the first two weeks if anyone interested in a mid week beer garden meet lol
Old 08-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
fuck a beer garden,Smoke some joints.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #31

Either way
Old 08-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
any of you BCAA members can get cheaper tickets for the PNE.

link here.
https://www.bcaa.com/membership/rd/pne
Old 08-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #33

Corn dogs baby! Went last night got the 1 foot CD from the stand near the colliseun, was kills!

Also had some perogies and mini donuts lol, off to a good start

There is a decent classic car show there down by the race track. Also this is the second year you can walk anywhere with a drink, and they’ve set up plenty of bars throughout the whole PNE so should never have to wait In line. Won a couple bucks at the stupid spinner game as well lol
Old 08-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #34
Performance Moderator

Was there yesterday too got in during the $2 admission for wearing a sports/concert shirt........ there was NOBODY there until like 2pm, place was totally empty and then started to get a bit busy...

I hate how the mini-donuts went up in price so much starting last year... like damn... $7 a bag and $10 for 2??? It used to be 3 bags for $12 didn't it????

I noticed one of the other luxury donut places on the main drag is undercutting them now at $6.50... might be time to change loyalties...

I really wanted to win one of those stuffed toy sloths dammit... but it's on that game of throwing the ball into the bucket, can never get 2 consecutive on there! ARGH... damn carnies... get me every time.

Some of the cars at the show Hondaracer mentioned are pretty impressive... not sure how I feel about the "million dollar Lincoln" but there's a restomod Barracuda there that's amazing... and the Camaro in front of it isn't my style visually speaking, but over 1,000hp wow... impressive.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #35

Yea the cuda and camaro were pretty crazy, love the 67’s front grill

And yea the mini donut price increase was a joke, we remarked on that when we bought a bag
Old 08-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #36
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I think the mini donuts used to be $5 for 1 bag and $12 for 3 or something like that.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #37
Performance Moderator

^
They should really be doing some analytics on their income/profit levels, I am willing to bet they're taking a huge hit in profits with the higher prices and they're probably incorrectly blaming it on attendance numbers... I remember anytime I went before every machine would be pumping away and every line was 10 people deep... I never saw more than 3-4 machines working yesterday and a few people standing there waiting.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #38

Yea it’s dumb..price them so everyone is buying 3 bags. The overhead I’m sure is zero.

Was kinda nice to buy all the food though with no line up. Even the bbq lines were short
Old 08-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
A friend of mine visited Playland during this past weekend. He said there was one game that he played which involved a person hanging on to a chin up bar for two minutes in order to win a big plush toy.

There were crowds of people cheering my friend on as he was hanging on to the bar. He's quite strong.

Unfortunately, his hands started losing grip strength such that he let go of the chin up bar at the 1:51 mark.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #40
Performance Moderator

So many bro’s are trying and failing at that game hahaha it’s great to stand there and watch all these roid monkeys go at it and fail and then listen to all their excuses to their gfs and friends after lololol
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
So many bro’s are trying and failing at that game hahaha it’s great to stand there and watch all these roid monkeys go at it and fail and then listen to all their excuses to their gfs and friends after lololol
I never heard of this game but I took a look on YouTube. It seems like the bar rotates freely and any sort of small adjustment on the grip will cause the bar to rotate so your your thumb and tip of your fingers point up, thus losing grip.

I'm sure it's easier said than done, but I feel it's more of a mental game than physical, assuming you're fit enough to do chin ups regularly. It looks like people constantly adjust their grip to get more comfortable, maybe even subtle minor adjustments instinctively, and that's when the bar rotates and their hands slip.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #42
Performance Moderator

I do a significant amount of pull-ups an chin-ups every night and I can’t even do it on a stationary non-rotating bar. It sounds easy but trust me it’s only possible for very few people who trained specifically for grip training like hardcore rock climbers... in fact on a rolling bar with a wide bar to grip I’d say it’s pretty much impossible.

The only guy I know who can do it on a stationary non-rolling bar does training with 1 handed hangs while holding a 100lb weight in his other hand and alternates back and forth... he’s done over 4 minutes before but again this is on a non-rolling bar.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #43

So is the one at the PNE rolling?
Old 08-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #44
Performance Moderator

It’s height adjustable, so friction based but not rolling I don’t think... just not fixed either... there’s a secondary station nobody was at where the bar was super thick which is another degree of difficulty
Old 08-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #45
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
When this challenge first started, it was $100 for 100 seconds. 2 minutes is pretty much impossible unless you're 140lbs with God grip.

Not sure about the one at the PNE but the ones I've seen were rolling, oversized bars and no switch grip.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #46
i like gifs

I'd imagine people that do rock climbing would do well on a challenge like that since they already have the grip strength
Old 08-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #47
i like gifs

FREE Gate Admission for all Guests – August 21 & 28, 11am – 1pm – presented by YVR

Re-entrance hand stamps will only be given after 1pm. Guests are welcome to re-enter the gates prior to 1pm without hand stamp.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
how thick is the bar?
I got one of those doorway chin up bars (which I barely ever use, lol)
but just for fun, I wouldn't mind timing myself hanging on one just to see how long I can last. I assume the bar in this challenge would be quite a bit thicker?

Some vlogger who trains a lot and said he can hang on stationary bars no problem for 5 mins failed on this challenge simply cause it rotates.

It seems like the bar not being fixed (or rotating as you make micro adjustments in your grip) is the whole trick behind it, since no one actually trains on a bar like this, making it nearly impossible even if you're very strong. I also believe one of the rules is no switch grips, which is basically saying, hey! this bar will rotate!. lol
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #49
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
I would have done that 2 minute challenge but I ate too many BBQ pulled pork and ribs with side of beans to even bother

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:19 PM   #50
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Bar thinner or thicker than the average barbell? No switch grip but what about hook grip?