REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
What would you do if someone takes the parking spot

Just saw this on another forum and it seems to be more and more common these days. You been driving around the parking lot for a good 10 to 20misn looking for a spot and then you saw some car leaving, no one was waiting so you signal. As the car is leaving the parking spot some asshole drove in and stole your spot.

Do you just let it go, hurry in the spot blocking him/her so neither of you could park but at least he won't get the spot, get out and starts reasoning with the person. or do something to his/her car after they left?

Seems like a lot of people just opt to forget about it so the person who steals your spot will just keep doing it. On the other hand reasoning with them most likely won't work and damaging his/her car can get you in trouble.

Let's be real here. I would just try to rush in to the spot as well, turn the car off and see who can wait. I mean if they leave the car I could easily alert the mall security and have them ticket and tow. At least that's what I would do. But is getting more and more common where someone just steals your spot and clearly you been waiting there and no one else was around.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
ask rb

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Blast my hella horns till their ears bleed. If they successfully steal the spot and leave before I can inform them that their tires appear to be overfilled, I would kindly alleviate the pressure in all 4 tires so that they no longer pose a safety risk.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION

Last edited by SpeedStars; 08-06-2018 at 11:49 PM.
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Get out and politely say "excuse me, i was waiting for that spot first".
You'd be surprised how people react when you just address them with civility.

I'd start there anyways
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #6

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Old 08-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Let's be real here. I would just try to rush in to the spot as well, turn the car off and see who can wait.
On behalf of other drivers, I sincerely hope karma punches you in the dick for being a douchebag of a human.

-Mark
Old 08-07-2018, 06:05 AM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
On behalf of other drivers, I sincerely hope karma punches you in the dick for being a douchebag of a human.

-Mark
So I guess if someone steals your parking spot even though you were there first you would just do nothing and move on. Great! Next time don't get mad when your spot actually gets stolen by someone else.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post

-Mark
He can't fight for the spot he's been waiting for or did you, with some incredible mental gymnastics, turn him into the guy trying to steal the spot?
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Let's be real here. I would just try to rush in to the spot as well, turn the car off and see who can wait. I mean if they leave the car I could easily alert the mall security and have them ticket and tow. At least that's what I would do. But is getting more and more common where someone just steals your spot and clearly you been waiting there and no one else was around.

That's a 50/50 chance that'll happen. If they pull out and block you for those 3 extra seconds the other car is jumping in ahead of you.

What do you really think a mall security guy will do? Take 10 minutes to get there to only blow his rape whistle?

If you've spent 10-20 minutes looking for a spot you're a fool. Drive a block over and park on a residential side street and walk over. I see it all the time at Metrotown, cars driving in circles wanting a spot right in front. I'd rather not waste my time.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #11
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Is it really worth getting into an altercation for a parking spot? A parking spot.

Just drive further away
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #12
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
While I will admit, in the moment, this is annoying and can cause my temper to flare. Ultimately, I laugh at myself for being stressed out enough that a) I'm worried about a parking spot and b) arriving somewhere that 'finding a parking spot' is a major area of concern.

Life is too short to experience a coronary over these sort of things. When going somewhere busy, like Metrotown, factor cruising the parking lot into your scheduling. Start at the furthest-out areas, and walk in.

...besides, anyone who's willing to 'fight' over a parking spot is willing to damage my car. I'd rather park on the outskirts, where I'm less likely to get a door ding, and walk in.
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #13
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
If you get stressed over the spot or you spend 10 minutes waiting them out, you've already lost. Just move on stress free and get another spot

Then happily key their car on the way into the mall.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #14
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Simple, I stay out of Richmond..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #15
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Get out and politely say "excuse me, i was waiting for that spot first".
You'd be surprised how people react when you just address them with civility.

I'd start there anyways
do you live in metro vancouver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #16
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
the answer is to park across 2 handicapped spots. duh, thats how you do it in richmond.

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #17
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Simple, I stay out of Richmond..
This is my one of my pet peeves when trying to find parking in Richmond, or any place with lots of Asians... You will always run into that one person that will block off traffic to wait for the parking spot closest to the door. Most of the time you can drive around but there are times when you can not (like Aberdeen or Crystal mall even if they're designed like shit).

My point is most of these people refuse to drive 100 meters to park at an open spot and walk to the door which would take an extra 5 minutes. They would rather wait 15 minutes in their car for that "perfect" parking spot.

I know because I usually park further out and a lot of the times still make it to the door before they're even parked.

But I guess that's why I see so many Asians with handicap parking signs parking in the handicap spots too. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm sure there are lots of fuckers taking advantage of the system too.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post

But I guess that's why I see so many Asians with handicap parking signs parking in the handicap spots too. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm sure there are lots of fuckers taking advantage of the system too.
Really depends if they have an elderly person the family. Most elderly person do have some issue and you as a family member can apply for a handicap parking sign. I know my aunt have one and usually only use with she is driving my grandma who have issue walking.

Most of the time parking is fine but is getting worse and worse and more often we are seeing asshole who just loves to steal your parking spot. Happens to my dad a few times as Costco and the spot is not even that close to the store. Is just the parking lot is full. I could care less but is like those people who like to cut in front of you when lining up. It piss you off but most people don't do anything about it till they snap and do something crazy about it.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #19
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I don't think I've ever waited 20 mins in my entire life looking for a parking spot. Then again I'm the type of guy that does 1 drive by the close and free spots and if there are none gladly move onto the paid option instantly because I can't be bothered circling. I'm all about whatever is the quickest so if I have to pay I'll pay.

If in advance I know that paid parking is closer and easier where as free parking is farther I would just got for the pay option right away without even considering the free option.

As for someone legit hijacking a spot that was mine it happened only one time in the Yaohan parking lot. I was fucking furious and I got out of my car, approached the car andgot the to front of the car so I can look the driver in the eye and smashed my hand down on his hood. It was a Honger couple around my age at the time and the gf had fear on her face and told the bf to just back out and leave in which he did.

All the other "parking jacking" scenarios I've had were situations where you could argue well who signaled first? in which I just let it go because it isn't even a clear case to argue.

Or the scenario and you've all been there where you see a spot, the fucker in front of you already drove past the parking about to leave in question but then they signal with their reverse light on even though you've already signaled. For those, I just stand my ground.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #20

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
do you live in metro vancouver?

Nope. And those are just two of the reasons why.
-Norm Franz
Old 08-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #22
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Is it wrong that my initial reaction is to use violence?

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #23
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
one time i pulled into a spot and this little asian girl came up to my window and just absolutely ripped into me for stealing her spot. i didn't even realize that she was waiting for the spot, because her car was not stopped in a position that made it obvious at all. she was sort of directly perpendicular to the spot, not a few car lengths away with her signal on like you'd expect. i told her i didn't realize she was waiting for the spot and i even offered to give her the spot back but she was so worked up over it that she didnt want the spot back anymore.

seriously, if anyone stole my spot i'd just give a dirty look and then go find another one. i'm not going to get confrontational over a fucking parking spot. if i'm in the position where i have to camp out a parking spot, i'll just drive to the other end of the lot where there are no cars and walk the extra 2 minutes. walking up to someones window is akin to road raging and getting out of you car on the street to confront the other driver. just keep calm and carry on.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Nope. And those are just two of the reasons why.
actually the worst behavior i've seen by far is in california. i was leaving laguna seca after motogp and the chaos to leave the parking lot was just the most uncivilized shit i've ever seen in my life. the cars wouldn't let anyone zipper out, so you could be right by the exit and have to wait a literal hour to move 2 cars. the cars going out would hold the line so tightly that they were within 6" from each other. they were prepared to hit each other rather than let each other out.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
actually the worst behavior i've seen by far is in california. i was leaving laguna seca after motogp and the chaos to leave the parking lot was just the most uncivilized shit i've ever seen in my life. the cars wouldn't let anyone zipper out, so you could be right by the exit and have to wait a literal hour to move 2 cars. the cars going out would hold the line so tightly that they were within 6" from each other. they were prepared to hit each other rather than let each other out.
Give Vancouver time...
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by: