REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #51
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
^
I think he knows this already, it’s fucked up though as he said.
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #52
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I don't think that forcible confinement will have any repercussions here as this is really a case of citizens arrest, The key factor is that the detainment is for the purpose of waiting for the police to come to resolve the situation as opposed to you can't leave ever until you pay.

FC laws are generally interpreted in domestic violence situations and ransom type situations. Ie pay your gambling debts or business debts and we will let you/your family go.

In terms of assault and battery you can see HUGE restraint on the part of the employees. Their physical altercations involve blocking the door and pulling her away when she starts slapping and pushing people. The male employees did not tackle or slap her, they only exerted enough force to protect the female employee and to prevent her from leaving.

#vietnamesedidnothingwrong #IANAL

I used to work in retail and this is how I would have handled it:

https://spankbang.com/2fumx/video/sh...ef+gets+cocked

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.

Last edited by Valour; 08-09-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #53
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
OT:

Looks like good things happen in the 'wack as well

https://www.theprogress.com/news/tri...stolen-guitar/
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:35 AM   #54
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I feel like I watched a different video from the majority of the people responding to this thread. I am not sure if it is the demographic of this forum or whether it's easy to jump to a stereotype about a tattoo'd caucasian girl in Chilliwack versus an ethnic Vietnamese family running a small business, however...

If the customer was simply trying to skip her bill, why does she claim, throughout the video, that she gave them an opportunity to correct the work done? I don't profess to be an expert on getting nails done, but let's say you got your car detailed and it wasn't to your satisfaction... i think it's a fair request to ask that the work be corrected prior to making payment.

Unfortunately, from the description of the events in the video, it appears once the customer pointed out the issue to the woman doing her nails, the woman doing her nails lost her temper. Whether it be due to ego or otherwise, the ball was dropped by the person offering the service. The customer wasn't upset about the wrong nail colour.

The 5 on 1 unlawful confinement that occurred after, documented by video no less, went further to damn the business in my opinion. I really want any of you responding here to think of your mother, daughter, sister, wife or girlfriend going 1 versus 5 (including two men). What would you do outside that door seeing your loved one being restrained and in sheer hysteria?

But you know... this chick fits a stereotype. Why think outside the box?

Everyone lost here. But who is in the wrong is very clear.

Kev

Last edited by Roach; 08-10-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2018, 01:22 AM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
we lasted at least 2 pages before race was brought up

good progress, everyone
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #56
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Here's what I see regarding credibility:

VN says at0:55 customer "hit" her ie. during the complaint process customer hit the service lady.

Customer claims VN lady hit her instead.

so we have word against word.

However something telling happens at 4:34. Customer initiates contact to push people out the way to the door. Melee ensues in which staff show relative restraint. Then at 4:54 she tries to gaslight everyone accusing them of assaulting her.

So customer shows example of not saying truthful things.

Also compare the step dad video. They tell police that it's 5 on 1 and that they are beating her up. This is not true, they showed a lot of restraint. If you go back to 5:30 of the staff video the girl initiates contact to push to the door again, and when repelled she takes a swipe at VN lady. VN lady gets a good parry back and all of a sudden entitled customer girl acts like victim again. This degrades her credibility further.

Also at this point customer knows that the police are coming. So why doesn't she wait and have the police deal with it? Probably because she knows she tried to pull a fast one and wants to leave the scene.

Now since you brought race into it: The Boushie Stanley case just made the news again. I wonder how the white knights defending the customer feel about Stanley defending his farm. Does the VN staff have a right to defend their property(cash/revenue/money) in this case?

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.

Last edited by Valour; 08-10-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #57
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Pay up and leave a nasty review which has lots of weight these days.
Or wait for the cops to come to resolve the situation.

Tatty redneck chose the viral way and make a chaotic breakout scene.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #58
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
So if I take my girlfriend to a salon to get her nails and say its ugly, I dont have to pay and she gets free nails done? lolol
Yes and if you put a cockroach in your meal after you've finished eating, you don't have to pay for your meal either

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: