REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #26
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Wow, ICBC considers less than 15 years of driving experience as "inexperienced".
Advertisement
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
First off, it shouldn't be so easy to transfer an out of country license. They should at least have to take a road test. Even with the same rules, every country has a different driving culture.
This.

And seniors need to be tested further on their ability to drive. I see just as many decrepit old people doing stupid shit on the road as I do N drivers.

If a pilot has to retire at 65 to keep flyers safe, i think it's totally reasonable to expect someone who wants to pilot 4000lbs of metal around pedestrians to be able to pass a second road test.

Also they really need to look at some sort of solution for people who insure two vehicles who are the primary (and only) operator of both vehicles. To me the discount on a second insured vehicle should be enormous.

Right now I am insuring two cars for 6 months of the year, only to drive my FX like 5 times a month, and yet I pay full insurance on it. Thats retarded, I should get a discount based on the fact that I clearly cannot drive both my insured cars at the same time.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The proposed CRS changes never actually took effect.
So this isn't actually what they're using? It's what I was shown a little while back.

https://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
said it before, will say again, if we want fair rates, only way is to plug in a monitoring device into obdII. may feel like big brother but if you got nothing to hide and can save significantly, why bother?
Those devices log:
- Acceleration/deceleration/speed
- km driven
- Time of day driving takes place

It doesn't quantify:
- Whether or not the driver is distracted
- Whether or not the driver is impaired
- Whether or not the driver is driving too fast for conditions
- Whether or not the driver is following too close
- Whether or not the driver is obeying traffic signals/signs
- Whether or not the driver is obeying traffic laws

So if it doesn't actually quantify useful data that accounts for the majority of crashes, how does it make things any better?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
So this isn't actually what they're using? It's what I was shown a little while back.

That IS what we're using (aka the old system)

The proposed system would've had anyone at -15 or lower increase to -9 with a single at-fault claim. It punished drivers with good records far more than drivers with poor records.

https://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/news...t-premiums.pdf

It was due to take effect May 6, 2018, but the NDP scrapped it.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This.

And seniors need to be tested further on their ability to drive. I see just as many decrepit old people doing stupid shit on the road as I do N drivers.

If a pilot has to retire at 65 to keep flyers safe, i think it's totally reasonable to expect someone who wants to pilot 4000lbs of metal around pedestrians to be able to pass a second road test.

Also they really need to look at some sort of solution for people who insure two vehicles who are the primary (and only) operator of both vehicles. To me the discount on a second insured vehicle should be enormous.

Right now I am insuring two cars for 6 months of the year, only to drive my FX like 5 times a month, and yet I pay full insurance on it. Thats retarded, I should get a discount based on the fact that I clearly cannot drive both my insured cars at the same time.
There's a new low-mileage discount (<5000 km/year), which will hopefully make it worthwhile for a weekend car.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #32
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

That was the old system and hasn't been changed. Shows that you can have 3 at fault accidents before your discount drops from 43%.

This is what it was suppose to be until they scrapped it for this new program.
https://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/news...pdf#search=crs

EDIT: oops, left the screen on too long and someone already posted. haha
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #33
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I've said it before, but if they want to have competent skilled drivers, you need to impose

mandatory re-certification / driving exams every 2 years or so, regardless of age.

It'll help generate revenue but also keep the shitty drivers off the street.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
IMO wage, distance to commute, and record should play a part.

A person who makes $12 an hour and has to drive 60km to get to that job shouldn't be paying a ridiculous amount of money because of what opportunities were (or in this case weren't) afforded to them, given that they have a good record.

A person who drives less than 15km to work with a so-so record should be paying substantially more, more accidents per kilometer driven.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #35
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
i have 20 years of driving experience, nothing at fault, i still pay about $1900/yr..
insurance rates have a lot to do with where you live. you can't get a $900 insurance rate like that guy in whistler living here in vancouver, unless you have just basic insurance with no collision/comprehensive.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #36
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post

A person who makes $12 an hour and has to drive 60km to get to that job shouldn't be paying a ridiculous amount of money because of what opportunities were (or in this case weren't) afforded to them, given that they have a good record.

A person who drives less than 15km to work with a so-so record should be paying substantially more, more accidents per kilometer driven.
A person with a $12/hour job should be taking the bus.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 AM   #37
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
not only that but it's not hard to get a min wage job, there's absolutely no reason to drive more than a few km to find one.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #38
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Wow, ICBC considers less than 15 years of driving experience as "inexperienced".
exactly! 10 years resulted in a discount prior, now anything less than 15 years relates to inexperience?

they're also still planning the general rate hike next budget as well, damn commy insurance
Derpdidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
not only that but it's not hard to get a min wage job, there's absolutely no reason to drive more than a few km to find one.
you be surprised at the expectations of employers for $12.65 of pay

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #40

Quote:

It’s an insurance company. Insurance companies shouldn’t be playing social politics; they should assess financial risk (to them) and charge based on that risk.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Try my driveway with, currently, five cars insured. Because I use each of my classics on an event, I can't put collector plates on any of them because for those three days I'm using them for 'work'. The fact that I pay full pop on each of the five vehicles, and I'm the ONLY person living in my house, is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
There's a new low-mileage discount (<5000 km/year), which will hopefully make it worthwhile for a weekend car.
Well, that will help. Especially since I have so many cars with non-op odometers. :P

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #42

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

That makes zero sense to me, like none. If you drive less you're less likely to get in an accident which is why they offer the discount if you're close to work. The wage thing really makes no sense, who cares what someone gets paid as my dad would say what's that got to with the price of rice in China? That's like saying I should pay $2,000 for a TV and some kid who works at Walmart should pay $600 because he makes way less then me.

It's all about risk management, some people are more risky then others so how do you judge who's more of a risk? IMO the only thing that's relevant is how long have been driving, how many accidents, distance to work and tickets should be factored in there as well. Those are the only fair metrics you can use that fairly judges where someones insurance rate should be. It's not perfect, but I can't think of any other way that would be more efficient or fair.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

so pretty much people who drive safe and don't live in lower mainland will pay less lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #44
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
What's "at fault"? Is 50/50 at fault? Is 1/99 at fault?

This indirectly discourages driving in the cities, as you automatically have way higher chance to get into an at-fault accident given the density compared to rural. Higher chance to be arbitrarily assigned partially at fault.

Just another tax on driving in Vancouver, albeit targeted.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
What's "at fault"? Is 50/50 at fault? Is 1/99 at fault?

This indirectly discourages driving in the cities, as you automatically have way higher chance to get into an at-fault accident given the density compared to rural. Higher chance to be arbitrarily assigned partially at fault.

Just another tax on driving in Vancouver, albeit targeted.
Existing ICBC at-fault premium increases
Quote:
When fault is split, you might share 25%, 50% or 75% of the fault with another driver.

Your insurance premium may increase if you are found to be more than 25 percent at fault for a crash unless you have been claim-free for a long time.
I'm guessing it'll stay the same. So 50% at fault = premium increase.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #46
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone know how the reimbursement works if you insure a car for a year. Then un-insure it a few months later cause it's a summer car. Do you just get the prorated days back?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #47
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Anyone know how the reimbursement works if you insure a car for a year. Then un-insure it a few months later cause it's a summer car. Do you just get the prorated days back?
yes, how ever long is left on the current policy will be refunded via credit card if paid via cc or cheque if paid via cash/debit. there is however, a non refundable surcharge for short term polices (re: 3 months or less if i remember right) of about $30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Try my driveway with, currently, five cars insured. Because I use each of my classics on an event, I can't put collector plates on any of them because for those three days I'm using them for 'work'. The fact that I pay full pop on each of the five vehicles, and I'm the ONLY person living in my house, is ridiculous.
Can't you get fleet insurance once you hit 5 vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Well, that will help. Especially since I have so many cars with non-op odometers. :P

-Dave
I'm assuming a non-op odometer is technically illegal, like rolling back the odo? Although some cars can max out their odo and then you're stuck so idk.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #49
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
Odometers with too few digits just roll over again... like my Mustang is at 9,000 miles right now... but it's actually 109,000 because it got to 99,999 and it went back to 0 again hahaha... kind of amusing actually
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #50

I meant the digital ones, I think it's the Matrix and Corolla that can top out at 3xx km.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: