REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #76
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,663 Times in 3,112 Posts
Advertisement
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #77
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
NOV 1ST IS TOMORROW! fess up, who on here is affected by this?!

https://theprovince.com/news/local-n...5-d35539e2f2d8

Both premiums are insurance penalties that drivers must pay on top of their original violation fines.
Beginning Thursday, risky drivers — those convicted of excessive speeding, impaired driving, distracted driving and other violations — will be hit with hefty penalty increases, Attorney General David Eby announced on Tuesday.

ICBC said there will be a 20 per cent increase in the amount of the driver risk premium (DRP), charged annually to drivers who are convicted of dangerous driving offences, and the driver penalty point premium, charged to drivers who have collected four or more points from traffic violations.

“Reckless drivers put others at risk, and they’re contributing to the rise in crashes we’re seeing on our roads,” Eby said in a statement. “To help make our roads safer and hold people accountable, we’re bringing in higher penalties for drivers who engage in dangerous behaviour behind the wheel.”

Drivers who fail to pay the remiums will not be allowed to renew their driver’s licence or purchase vehicle insurance through ICBC. They’ll also be charged 19.6 per cent in interest after 60 days without payment.

Both premiums are insurance penalties that drivers must pay on top of their original violation fines.

According to the attorney general’s office:

• The driver penalty point premium currently ranges from $175 for four points to $24,000 for 50 or more points. With the 20 per cent increase starting Nov. 1, these penalties will go up to $210 for four points and $28,800 for 50 or more points.

• Penalties will increase by 20 per cent again on Nov. 1, 2019, to keep in line with previous increases in basic premiums.

• Penalties will match any changes to the basic insurance premium. Based on the increases, ICBC expects to collect $26 million in penalties in 2019, $32 million in 2020, and $36 million in 2021 (fiscal year from April to March).

In January, it was revealed that ICBC expected to lose $1.3 billion this year because of more crashes and skyrocketing bodily injury claims costs, something Eby called a “financial dumpster fire.”
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #78
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I’m “only” getting the 9% premium increase for 19 years of accident-free, claims-free, ticket-free driving.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #79
I STILL don't get it

I got a good laugh from a letter from ICBC a month back.

"Congratulations, you now qualify for the max discount for insurance." the line that followed "Your rates have now increased $20 per month"

LMAO strong oxymoron. What cheeky cunt typed that line out?
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #80
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I’m “only” getting the 9% premium increase for 19 years of accident-free, claims-free, ticket-free driving.
Kind of helps when you’ve got the only horseless carriage in Duncan

Seriously though it’s guys like us that haven’t claimed a damn thing in 20+ years that are getting milked like a hormone filled cow in Texas for the newly opened Canadian market.

Personally I think I should get a fucking trophy for going accident and claim-free living in Richmond my whole life. I’m available for symposiums on defensive driving / awareness if you’re reading this ICBC, for a small speaking fee of course
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #81

Thanked 8,663 Times in 3,112 Posts
Apt description
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:27 PM   #82

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

Seriously though it’s guys like us that haven’t claimed a damn thing in 20+ years that are getting milked like a hormone filled cow in Texas for the newly opened Canadian market.

Personally I think I should get a fucking trophy for going accident and claim-free living in Richmond my whole life. I’m available for symposiums on defensive driving / awareness if you’re reading this ICBC, for a small speaking fee of course
I lived in Burnaby for 5 of those years ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:30 PM   #83
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:

Need your advice on how not to get rear ended (twice) while stopped at a red light for over 30 seconds
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #84
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Besides the Whistler part, this is pretty much me.

I registered my truck at my Whistler address last summer and it only saved me $50. I wonder what it will be like this summer?

Quote:
Spoiler!

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #85
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Need your advice on how not to get rear ended (twice) while stopped at a red light for over 30 seconds
Tap your brake lights like a mother fucker and use the horn when you see the car not stopping behind you?

A course isn’t really needed for defensive driving. Just ride a motorcycle for a few years in the city. You’ll learn, or die. Lol
Old 11-07-2018, 09:44 PM   #86
Need to Seek Professional Help

Anyone read the news article regarding executives making $50,000 in bonuses last year? I guess their six digit salaries are not enough for them.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:30 PM   #87
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
50k bonus is nothing.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:43 PM   #88

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
^ nothing against you, i don't know why everyone complaints about bonuses. (translink, ICBC, Telus etc)

-"doctors makes so much money" these people get paid so much blah blah blah; ever considered the fucking 8+ yrs of schooling + being in a stressful situation doing a nuro surgery standing in a room for 12 hours... we're paying for their skill set.
-50k bonus (is NOTHING) I work in IT and we had a rep who made 7 figures on their T4 one yr (base salary was 150k, on target earnings is 280k and rest was bonuses). He busted his ass off closing a $400 million deal; took him 3 years to close, countless rejections and LITERALLY doing a 217 page proposal. He earned every penny.
-all these CEO's getting paid multi-million dollars salary + bonus... THEY EARNED it (you think you get a lot of junk emails, these guys get 600+ emails a day and work from 7 AM con calls until 9 PM @ a social event 52 weeks a year) They all work on vacations.
-Without these crazy bonuses, NO one would EVER consider working at ICBC unless the salary is decent.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-08-2018, 04:33 AM   #89

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
.... so because doctors work hard, a shit run company like ICBC who are horribly in debt deserve to give their leaders bonuses?

Seriously?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #90
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
lmao comparing a CEO in the insurance industry whose crown corp is bleeding us a BILLION FRICKIN' DOLLARS getting a fat bonus to a doctor (who's probably self-contracted so no pension/benefits), IT field and CEOs in private sector

working hard =/= good pay

when your company is doing THAT poorly, no one should be getting bonuses
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #91
Performance Moderator

I think the problem is that they're not achievement based bonuses... my suspicious would be, in a unionized environment like ICBC, that the bonuses are structured into their contract automatically... so it doesn't matter how ICBC "performs" they are getting them regardless...

RCMP, for example, gives bonuses at the higher levels too and they're not a business. The exec just gets them for controlling salary dollars and stuff like that... so they actually get rewarded if they keep sections short staffed. Backwards thinking.

ICBC does have to do this in the industry because no one worth their salt will take a job at a place like that if they are an accredited CFO/CEO/whatever O if they could get a similar position in private and get all kinds of freebies and an expense account, etc. that they don't get in a government position.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #92
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
CIO getting 50k

guy makes the most money, gets 50k bonus

no wonder they are sinking

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #93
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Yes you need to pay talent $$$ to retain them. "Shocking". 50k bonus for a CEO is nothing. Bonus is given out on different tier of achievements and criteria. It is not an all-or-nothing thin, like "we're in debt so no bonus for you". This is perfectly normal and fair.

Even bankrupted companies needs to pay the people to run them post-bankruptcy, including bonuses, which the media and hoi polloi loves to dub it "golden parachute". This is to the benefit of all parties (bondholders, creditors, etc.)

50k bonus is nothing at the executive level. They have high base + some puny bonuses because there is no equities awarded. Makes total sense.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #94

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Japanese airline president and CEO "shares the pain" - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Quote:
After his morning commute on the city bus, Haruka Nishimatsu heads into the office and gets busy at his desk with the rest of his Japan Airlines co-workers.

At lunch, he lines up in the cafeteria and hopes his meal doesn't get cold as he waits to pay. It's not exactly the glamourous life you'd expect from the CEO of one of the world's top ten international airlines.

Perhaps that's why, then JAL slashed jobs and asked older employees to retire early, Nishimatsu cut every single one of this corporate perks. Then for three years running he slashed his own pay. He made about $90,000 last year, less than what his pilots earn.

Nishimatsu says, "The employees who took early retirement are the same generation and age as me. I thought I should share the pain with them. So I changed my salary."

This is what I expect from a company so bankrupt it would have died years ago if it weren’t suckling from the tax payers teet
Old 11-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #95
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post

This is what I expect from a company so bankrupt it would have died years ago if it weren’t suckling from the tax payers teet
Many CEOs take home a pay of $1 but it's made up for in stock. If their performance increases the stock price, they make millions from it. ICBC isn't public and there is no stock to give. Any compensation has to be in the form of salary or bonuses. Headlines like that make for a feel good story.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #96
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

For sure. They should let it die.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #97
Performance Moderator

Yah sure, usher in the era of “we found a photo of you at auto-cross, you’re dangerous, we won’t sell you insurance” private companies... it’s a double edged sword.

And this is coming from a guy who would benefit greatly from private insurance... and I share no love for ICBC.... but for-profit companies aren’t exactly interested in treating you fairly either guys...
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #98

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
50k bonus is nothing.
It's not the dollar figure for me, you should not be getting a bonus if you're doing a shitty job or if your company is losing money.

I'm eligible for a bonus every year depending on my branches profits, if we lose money no soup for me. It doesn't even matter if every project I'm involved with makes money, if my branch loses money no bonus.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #99
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Yah sure, usher in the era of “we found a photo of you at auto-cross, you’re dangerous, we won’t sell you insurance” private companies... it’s a double edged sword.
Or the worst I've heard of so far, "We found out you did AutoX, we're cancelling the policy on your AutoX car, your daily driver, your wifes car, and your house"
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #100

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
.... so because doctors work hard, a shit run company like ICBC who are horribly in debt deserve to give their leaders bonuses?

Seriously?
Cause if it wasn't for the leader / CEO / VP, they would be EVEN more in debt. Translink, ICBC, Worksafe, BC Ferries are super guilty of this.

Union/CUPE worker shared this with me which shall remain unnamed.

Person A "we should have hired someone who has experience from unions / public sector"
Person B "It's CAUSE you people who have been so used to accepting yearly hand outs from the government, no wonder we are in a shit hole. We need to run this like a private sector so there is an urgency instead of being in debt for 10 yrs in a role."

It's these BONUSES (not 50k lol), to entice people from private sector to come into a SHIT show ICBC to shake things up.

My recruiter called me every 2 months to ask me to jump ship to a tier 3 to a tier 4 company. (I've always worked in fortune 50). He says he KNOWS these are not great companies, but wait till you hear the bonuses 50k signing bonus, stocks, 4 weeks vacation,).... It's the only way to get me to even listen.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote