REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
I believe hypa originated "I'll fuck your face" at one of these old meets... Oh wait a min this isn't the hockey pool thread, sorry

Fuck I remember going to one of these meets and some guy with the swapped chevette was killing it, and the diesel trucks when they showed up... Just wow
Going against Corrado and ludes was fun in my Sc aw... I really should get the dam car back on the road my kids are old enough to learn to wrench.. Free labours!
Advertisement
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #27
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Everyone showed up to stunt but it wasn't for "likes" or web fame. Street cred is way different than online appreciation IMO.
Damn, that was well said and completely undeniable.
Also, the irony of liking your post wasn't lost on me either

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
I believe hypa originated "I'll fuck your face" at one of these old meets... Oh wait a min this isn't the hockey pool thread, sorry

Fuck I remember going to one of these meets and some guy with the swapped chevette was killing it, and the diesel trucks when they showed up... Just wow
Going against Corrado and ludes was fun in my Sc aw... I really should get the dam car back on the road my kids are old enough to learn to wrench.. Free labours!

I remember bringing out my swapped EG hatch. Dudes were losing it! The Maple Ridge crew was talking it up so much that the Mustang and Camaro guys were afraid to race me. Seriously, I was running low 14's at best, and these guys were freaked out

I ended up racing a whacked out RX3 with no exhaust and a full street port. That thing was so fast, probably high 11's. When he beat me the domestic guys realized that a twin cam civic, is still a civic. We had lots of great races after that. Import vs Domestic.

By the end of my street racing career we were smarter than the average bear. We had radios and people posted on the blocks around. We knew the cops were coming long before they got there. The scene in TF&TF where all the cars peel out at once? That was genuine.

Would I want my kids to have the same habits as I did in my late teens and early 20's?
Not these days. There are too many people, too many idiots, and too much to lose. But back then even if you got caught it was a ticket for loitering at the worst. Now they will impound with impunity.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #28
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,696 Times in 3,127 Posts
Yeh you can't do jack shit nowadays.

I had a 2001 b15 Sentra se with the sr20de not T. In fucking automatic cuz it was the family car and I still tried to race all my buddies in their eg/Ek civics and the rich motherfuckers who had integras and preludes. My dad kept asking why the tires were balding in the front and why we had to buy new tires every year. He eventually sold the car thinking it was a lemon cuz it ate brakes and tires.

I miss you Sentra !!!!
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #29
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Which guy was it on RS who would brag all the time on here he had a Ferrari and it turned out to be a Mondial that one of his relatives owned and he got spanked so bad when he came out cuz the Mondial has like a 7.5sec+ 0-60 time hahahaha lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #30

Back in those days if you had an accord V6 you already balling Outta control. I remember this Viet guy showed up with his dad's 318i and we were all like daaammmmnnn !!! He got mad pussy that year.

A dude with a mondial would be epic king shit
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I hope the take over scene in Cali never comes up here. I'm sure you guys have seen Supercar Suspects and the dumb sh*t that goes on down there in intersections and mall parking lots.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #32
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
I hope the take over scene in Cali never comes up here. I'm sure you guys have seen Supercar Suspects and the dumb sh*t that goes on down there in intersections and mall parking lots.
I just discovered Supercar Suspects last week funny enough. I clicked a video out of curiosity and wish I didn't.

Had to book a chemo appointment the next day.

So many cringey car channels on youtube.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #33
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Reminds me of my older brother's high school days. The "rich kids" had Integras and Preludes. In my high school days, the "rich kids" had S4's and M3's. More power equals a substantially higher margin of error. Even a V6 Camry nowadays can run high 14's.

Cops are also tougher on anyone with even a slightly modded car these days. When I was 18, I got hassled by an RCMP officer at a drinking/driving roadblock for having yellow fogs on my Civic. They weren't even on. My car was stock otherwise. Meanwhile people in that vid were running drag slicks on the road.

Different times, different people.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #34
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
A dude with a mondial would be epic king shit
One of my relatives had one, and I was lucky enough to borrow it a few times. That wasn't me in 68style's story though. I would cruise White Rock and Guildford, not the street drags. You can't pick up chicks at the street drags, it's not like TF&TF

Plus, I knew my target market. Surrey girls love Ferraris. Plus they're not cultured enough to know the difference between a Testarossa and a Mondial. Also, Mondials have more seats which means more chicks.

Mondial > Testarossa

This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #35
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^
On this note, I always wanted to ask all the guys who would cruise Robson in Vettes back in the day what they would do if any girls actually wanted to go with them... does 1 guy get out and walk?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #36

What ?!!???!! Bros before hoes. Well if the bro is bro enough he'll get out for the hoe
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #37
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
On this note, I always wanted to ask all the guys who would cruise Robson in Vettes back in the day what they would do if any girls actually wanted to go with them... does 1 guy get out and walk?
Usually ask them to meet up or have someone in a 2nd car lol. Girls usually had their own cars too.

Fuck I miss Robson too. No kids will every experience that again. Cruise Robson until it got shut down then it was time to hit the races. My Civic was all Boom back then. 2 15"s in a wall behind the seats. I think my favorite quote was when a cop stopped me at one of the intersections (I had turned it down half way to him) and he says "Turning it down doesn't really make a difference when I can feel the ground shaking from a block away"

Who remembers the White Vette (Russ?) starting a race in Reverse? That was always good for a chuckle.

Berz out.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #38
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Spoiler!

Who remembers the White Vette (Russ?) starting a race in Reverse? That was always good for a chuckle.

Berz out.
Was that the guy with the 70's Stingray who used to trailer it to Port Kells?
If so, that was a fast car. It disappeared from the scene for a long time too, until a few months ago when it popped up on some facebook marketplace. It's been sitting in a barn for the last decade. Crazy!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #39
Ricer Mod

Yea that was the biggest race of the time. Russ in the Vette vs. Dal Sangha in his 5.0 Both crazy cars.

Berz out.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #40
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Regardless of “safety” and “growing up” I do sometimes miss how simple things were back then... RS was a car forum with social discussions... now it’s a social discussions forum with a car section. Trolls would come on here like Alex (GotBoost) and run their mouths in epic posts and rants about cars and lifestyle and then someone would actually ask them to put their money where their mouth was like Dalton (?) with his ITR and a race got set up... Alex got spanked and that was it, he had to resort to Fight Club after that lol... now where are we today? Is anyone going to challenge welfare to a race? Does he even own a car? I have no idea lol...

#nostalgia
Probably Crescent @ C-Speed with the turbo GSR.

We are all acting like old men on rocking chairs telling our grandchildren the good ole days...lol
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #41
Ricer Mod

Now that I think about it, the reason we had this as long as we did is BECAUSE there was no social media. Just imagine if we had facebook, snapchat and all this shit. "Yo Port Kells is Lit!! Get there fam!!" 5 mins later Po Po would show up.

I think some of the best nights were out in Chilliwack. Could race there for hours and hours.

Berz out.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
i remember going to chilliwack once and some guy had this old gmc or chevy truck metallic purple that or even magenta (it was nighttime lol) had hydraulics laying patches. back then i came for the girls drinking on the sidelines
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2018, 10:23 PM   #43
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Which guy was it on RS who would brag all the time on here he had a Ferrari and it turned out to be a Mondial that one of his relatives owned and he got spanked so bad when he came out cuz the Mondial has like a 7.5sec+ 0-60 time hahahaha lol
Salari?
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #44
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Oh mannnn.
I remember in the early 2000's...two guys pushing probably 450 RWHP each (which was a lot back then) going to do a roll race nearby. I was asked how much I weighed, and I was skinny so they asked if i'd ride shotgun and hold the camera lol.
I didn't end up going for some reason but it was an honour to be chosen.

A lot of camaraderie, hanging out, nobody really got hurt.

Hell, I remember in the early to mid 2000s the Camaro/Firebird guys and the Mustang guys held meets in the spring down at Spanish Banks. I distinctly remember burnout shows, revving, etc. Hell, sometimes a cop would be present and they wouldn't react to it, just let it go on.
There are videos of this still on YouTube.

If you did that today at Spanish Banks, had a car show with burnouts, people would shit a brick because it would interfere with their yoga and bicycle meditation.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #45
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
If you did that today at Spanish Banks, had a car show with burnouts, people would shit a brick because it would interfere with their yoga and bicycle meditation.
Naw this isn't about hippy bullshit. It all comes back to the Jimmy Ng crash. That incident was the game changer for all the street racing scene. It's all about heat now. You can't do fuck all anymore with the pressure from the police so doing burnouts and stuff that brings heat to you or your meet is why people get pissed.

The worst part of that crash and how it affected everyone was that it had NOTHING to do with the organized night time street racing that we were all doing.

Berz out.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #46
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Naw this isn't about hippy bullshit. It all comes back to the Jimmy Ng crash. That incident was the game changer for all the street racing scene. It's all about heat now. You can't do fuck all anymore with the pressure from the police so doing burnouts and stuff that brings heat to you or your meet is why people get pissed.

The worst part of that crash and how it affected everyone was that it had NOTHING to do with the organized night time street racing that we were all doing.

Berz out.
I remember Jimmy Ng, I think he died in 2002?
I know for sure the Spanish Banks burnout meetings went on regularly in 2005 and up until 2008 and Port Kells around that time, too.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:39 PM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
now where are we today? Is anyone going to challenge welfare to a race? Does he even own a car? I have no idea lol...
Is that your timid little pussyfoot roundabout way of challenging me to a race?

Time to make street racing great again son
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:15 AM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Is that your timid little pussyfoot roundabout way of challenging me to a race?

Time to make street racing great again son
Take it to the track bitch.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:23 AM   #49
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Take it to the track bitch.
No.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #50
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Ah yes "Resist the Race"

I am not sure if anyone remembers VPD had a silver Civic SiR ep3 with decals all over it that they would bring to community events.

My neighbour bought it at auction and still drives it. You can still see "Vancouver Police" on the side where the decals were removed. The paint is scratched so badly like they washed it with steel wool.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote