REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Old Port Kells Street Racing Video

this really brings me back to highschool days, too bad this could never happen again in a million years. recognize so many cars from back in the day.

Advertisement
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Miss the old ricer races on 6 road way back,
And the drags on north Fraser way at the end of boundary
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,695 Times in 3,126 Posts
The old deltaport causeway. Shit we used to light it up there so often it had tire marks for days
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
And look. No one died. Not in the years and years I attended. Shit I only ever saw about 2 crashes. 1 into the corn field and some idiot on a bike who did a U turn in front of a car.

Berz out.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
I think old member captain fiero either made this video or had known the guy who did

I remember these days well, meeting up at Tim’s, driving down to river road etc lol.

Civics with Turbos and mustang with Nos were the shit! Lol
Old 09-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
We have something similar in Nanaimo on Sundays drag racing, drifting, and side shows. I have never been because it's all young people.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
^ I remember going to Nanaimo to bungee zone and more often that dead end road by Duke pt terminal. I think kids still screw around there. Some drunk guy came down the road revving his pos car around and tried to do a u turn and drove in the ditch

Gforce days

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
^ I remember going to Nanaimo to bungee zone and more often that dead end road by Duke pt terminal. I think kids still screw around there. Some drunk guy came down the road revving his pos car around and tried to do a u turn and drove in the ditch

Gforce days
You remember G force! LOL. The owner of G force is now a city council member. Dude was a legend back in the day.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

let's drift some people bowling
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #11
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I remember the night they filmed the burnouts. The boys from maple ridge came over with bottles of bleach. Then someone fired a pistol into the air and everyone took off. Good times were had by all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
And look. No one died.
Spoiler!

Berz out.
How in the hell did we survive Berz?
Those were some great times. We would rip out of there when the cops came in. Dozens of cars at a high rate of speed rushing out of three exits. The cops would let us go too, as they didnt want to deal with the paperwork.

Those were the good old days. Actually, up until that chinese asshole hit the cop in Richmond, we were pretty well left alone. After that terrible incident is when things changed.

RIP Jimmy Ng
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #12
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
JavaHut meet right now!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
I need a fox body Mustang in my life.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #14
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
I used to do the Jacks Loft meet and go to that industrial park out the east side of Richmond next to Annacis Island.... Same thing there never an accident although I remember a couple of GTI who wouldn’t give in side by side and almost went through the stop sign onto Westminster and the concrete barrier to Hwy91 hahaha

Delta port had 1 accident I remember a NX2000 froggy going into a ditch... just wanted to be in its natural habitat I guess
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #15

why the fail hypa

that video was only bearable because of the limp bizkit track, the random viper/prowler/foxbody cuts...semi tractors going at it was interesting i suppose

everything else we see is the exact non-sense we condemn today...showboating in front of a crowd...only difference is most of the dumb shit don't get recorded like plowing into the bystanders, jumping the median etc.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #16
Performance Moderator

^
Cuz you weren’t there, that never happened... never

I was there live to see the semi-trucks race... People didn’t try to be extreme back then trying to get on videos or get likes, everyone was just there to enjoy cars... there were none of those moments to film because they simply never happened. The accidents happened when people raced on the streets in traffic or stoplight races, the night drags were an outlet to get rid of that... but as originalhypa said it all went to shit after that moron crashed his Civic into Jimmy Ng, they locked that shit down within months after and so much as a tire squeal was impound city after that... hell you couldn’t even drive through a sobriety check with a GT Wing on your car after that without getting done for something.

That said, cars today are too fast and too capable, your average V6 family sedan now has a 5.x 0-60 time and 300+hp, shit goes wrong real fast today compared to the 90’s.

Back then Revscene itself was a racing club, the very owners of this forum went to the night drags... I ran my car against one of them myself! Lol
Old 09-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Thank you for the reply 68style.
That is exactly why I failed him. Im not even condoning this sort of stuff anymore. That said, back in the day it was our identity.

I never crashed while racing, nor did anyone I know. We are all older now, and far more responsible, but we also take our driving very seriously. Something that this automatic/instagram/baller generation doesn't get.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #18
HELP ME PLS!!!

It was different back in the 90s. It was ok to bike ride without a helmet, play outside until dusk, and street race. Times have changed, a lot of it was ruined by reckless people that thought they could be like the fast and the furious. There was a time where it was all about rice and showing off. dark dark times... lol

Pretty sure a cyclist was hit one night. That pretty much shut things down.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #19

that's my point though

you give that same crowd in the 90s smartphones, instagram, and double or triple the power to the wheels...you're bound to the same facepalms we see with the knuckleheads at thursday night meets...i dont think the youth today that are out at car gatherings are any less into cars just because they use social media to propagate the culture...yet we sound like grouchy old hypocrites some times
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
HELP ME PLS!!!

You have given the 90s crowd smartphones. They've grown up, started families, moved on to other things. I didn't mention anything about instagram or social media in my last post though. No idea why that was brought up.

Whatever happened to the market square meets? I suppose it got ruined out of pure popularity. Attracted too much of the wrong crowd, which again, were show offs, doing burnouts in a public place. From what I saw there were lots of people out there just to meet other auto enthusiasts. Disclaimer, I never went to one of those meets.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
yea Semi's racing! lol cause there were a few yards there where they parked, watched a couple line up more than once as we were all on those side streets and they were pulling out for the night lol
Old 09-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
Performance Moderator

Regardless of “safety” and “growing up” I do sometimes miss how simple things were back then... RS was a car forum with social discussions... now it’s a social discussions forum with a car section. Trolls would come on here like Alex (GotBoost) and run their mouths in epic posts and rants about cars and lifestyle and then someone would actually ask them to put their money where their mouth was like Dalton (?) with his ITR and a race got set up... Alex got spanked and that was it, he had to resort to Fight Club after that lol... now where are we today? Is anyone going to challenge welfare to a race? Does he even own a car? I have no idea lol...

#nostalgia
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #23
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
that's when street racing when it was at its peak,fast and furious "Rice" was considered cool.
the way i remember it was import drivers sticking together and lifted trucks would keep trying to race calling us "ricers"...yet they couldn't keep up with rice rockets with bolt on superchargers.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Nice throwback. Those definitely were the days. Deltaport and Ironwood(old AirCare) were the places I frequented. Nice to see a few Dakota R/T's in the video as I rocked one of those during the street racing hype. It was slow though. Haha!

It was a way different vibe back then. Berz nailed it. Everyone showed up to stunt but it wasn't for "likes" or web fame. Street cred is way different than online appreciation IMO. New generation won't ever get to feel what that was like. Yea, there was beef and shit talk but everyone banded together if something went wrong or cops showed up. Nothing compared to that feeling. Motives are different nowadays. #samegang
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #25
Need my Daily Fix of RS

in the late 90s we used to go down to foreshore on byrne road in burnaby to race

Good times !
dorian is offline   Reply With Quote