REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
I never understood the reasoning behind wiping someones criminal record clean at the age of 18. If you don't know the difference between right and wrong by the age of 16 it's unlikely you will at 21, 22. We let them drive at 16 ffs but don't hold them accountable for anything.
Advertisement
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #27
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Individuals can probably sue the parents at the small claims court for their losses, but that would take time away from each affected person's lives, and I suspect a good number of them won't bother.

With the kids being under 18, they'll basically just get a slap on the wrist without any sort of permanent records at all. Granted, as costly as this 100+ tire slashing spree is, I don't think this incident should be held against these teens if they decide to really change their ways.

I wonder what the parents are like, and I wonder what kind of kids these teenagers are... Are they showing any remorse at all? Are they aware of the scale and severity of what they have done?
I would organize a class action lawsuit just speak to everyone around the block and get anyone who is affected sign up for it. Teach the parents a lesson for bad parenting.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
I never understood the reasoning behind wiping someones criminal record clean at the age of 18. If you don't know the difference between right and wrong by the age of 16 it's unlikely you will at 21, 22. We let them drive at 16 ffs but don't hold them accountable for anything.
That's a whole other issue, but conversely do you make someone unemployable for the next 60 years where, when they can't get jobs because of something they did at 16, they just stick to being criminals their entire life and costing all of us a tonne of money instead of working and contributing taxes?

Rehabilitation always has to be the first priority so that they have a chance to contribute to society rather than continue to weigh it down.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #29
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
I've now hit an age where I've seen people grow up, and realize that some people are complete jackasses in their youth but learn how to be proper humans as they hit adult age.

I know of a few highly successful people who were idiots when they were in their teens. The thought of these folks being written off before they even had a chance is a sad thought.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
We should deport all these assholes back to Europe where they came from
Quote:
White privilege wins again.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I wonder what the parents are like, and I wonder what kind of kids these teenagers are... Are they showing any remorse at all? Are they aware of the scale and severity of what they have done?
This in itself is quite valuable imo...

If they don't have proper influence at home, and if they are bragging about this and not showing remorse, there's much less chance of these kids turning it around.

The first step is knowing and admitting you're wrong.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Public caning and be done with it.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote