REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #4226
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
I ate a cookie from them while at a friends for dinner, myself and another guy split it. Half way through dinner I turned to the ladies and I’m like sorry but I am -fucked- right now Lolol

I’ve been using one of their 510 carts though and I don’t really care for it, the pineapple taste tastes chemically. Think I will stick to the govt. stores for distillate cartridges
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #4227
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Anyone growing their own since legal?

I'm making an attempt not sure how it will go exactly TBH it's a bit of a learning process. This is what I have so far still in Vegetative state. I have a greenhouse at my new place, Macyvered some fans I had laying around for intake and exhaust at the top. 3 of those I germinated from seeds one was a clone I ordered.

I also bought some lights so I can move into my shed if it gets to cold or maybe they are a little rank during bloom.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2020, 05:03 PM   #4228

I had these from clones that were about 12” tall when I got them:

They were in the greenhouse to start but I think the reach too much with the filtered sun of the greenhouse. Also the stalks seem fairly weak from lack of air flow and wind VS a friend of mine who also started with the same clones and his stalks are substantially stronger.

Moved them outside for good I think now, my maintenance has been lacking however as they are at my parents house as I don’t have room

Also my pots are too small but it was impossible to find pots with the covid gardening rush
Old 07-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #4229
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Soooo where do you find clones nowadays? Back before legalization, they used to sell them at dispensary. Where to find these now, other than to "know someone"
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:37 AM   #4230
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Soooo where do you find clones nowadays? Back before legalization, they used to sell them at dispensary. Where to find these now, other than to "know someone"
I found some online can't remember the site off hand but I had some issues with them so would not recommend anyway.

Just go.on facebook marketplace and search cannabis seeds, not very hard to germinate seeds in paper towel with distilled water.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:14 AM   #4231
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I mentioned it before but I've moved onto 510 cartridges. So damn convenient. I see no reason to buy flower anymore.

Problem is these legal carts are so fricken expensive with a stupid 20% vape tax. Thoroughly enjoy redecan trainwreck and good supply blue dream.

I've gone back to trying black market full spectrum carts by Engima Extracts. Will let you guys know.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #4232

Completely agree with the 510’s

When I first got them wife and I were sitting on the porch playing board games and I’m like uh oh...lol so easy to just grab the pen and take a pull

So far I’ve only tried 3 different cartridges but the cannaca straight distillate was the best so far
Old 07-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #4233
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,613 Times in 1,738 Posts
I find I never get high on vaping oil, not sure why, but always prefer the actual flower.

I grew a few hydroponics in my den last Summer, the stuff turned out quite good, but I wouldn't do it again, was a pain in the ass in terms of upkeep, checking PH levels, changing the water, etc.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #4234
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

What are you guys using for 510 pens/battery? Looking at PCKT and Vessel but it's quite a premium.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #4235

There is some kinda scam or some shit when it comes to the batteries imo.

So I went into eggs canna with full intentions to buy the premium $30 stand alone pen that comes with the stand up dock as opposed to the screw in USB type charger

I then get this sales pitch as to if I buy this or that 510 cart, the company selling the cart is throwing in a pen for free. So I ask, well if that’s the case why would I spend $30 on the other one? Is it substantially better? Because if it is I’ll just buy the better one.

She then gave me some schpeal about how this is a limited tine thing we only offer it till it’s gone “the higher end pen and dock may last longer because of the type of charger”

So I’m like ok..well you’re making it sound like I’d be a fool not to just take the free one?..

So I’m not sure if there is incentives on their end to sell off these combo cart and pens or what.

This is the freebie topleaf one I’ve been using and seems to work fine so far:

Old 07-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #4236
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Yocan uni pro . If you can wait a month buy it off aliexpress or fasttech.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #4237
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I found some online can't remember the site off hand but I had some issues with them so would not recommend anyway.

Just go.on facebook marketplace and search cannabis seeds, not very hard to germinate seeds in paper towel with distilled water.
Yea i've came across several place to purchase seed. kind of want to start with clones, any tips on where to find those?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #4238

Mine were just through knowing a friend of a friend type thing
Old 07-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #4239
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I've been using their PAX Era cartilages for some time now and really enjoy playing around with the temperature on the phone app. Really clean hits, potent and some very flavourful. Favourite has been UNPLUG by Solei and Ultra Sour.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:30 PM   #4240

Gf ordered a pax era and some pods today. Not sure why she decided on pax carts instead of the 510. We'll see how that goes. I've been vaping flower for awhile with a solo 2 and it's great. Enjoying some broken coast quadra
Old 07-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #4241
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hows the high effect from Pax pods vs 510 ones? Similar id imagine...?

Anyone with the Pax3? I like that it can do dry and concentrates. Just not sure of smell..
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #4242

Weird that pax had such power that they could force the govt. to carry their own branded cartridges
Old 07-27-2020, 09:04 AM   #4243

Really thinking about picking up a personal vaporizer/pen type for concentrates. But theres so many!
Pax 3 seems to be good as it also does dry herbs. But its pricey.
Any other alternatives that are low in maintenance?
Old 07-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #4244

I have the pax 2 and it’s been flawless since day 1, I’d recommend The 3 if you can bite the bullet on the price.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #4245

How long can u realistically go without cleaning the oven with both herb and concentrate use?

I typically only smoke at night time, around 8pm onwards... wouldn't consider myself a heavy user. Prob moderate?
Thinking of grabbing on later this afternoon. But not sure about maintenance part. Lol
Old 07-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #4246

If you want to stay on top of it I’d say 10-15 uses before cleaning? You can easily go 20-30 though without a big deal. Just grab a little dish of iso, drop all the removable peices in there, use the pipe cleaners and q-tips to wipe down everything, dry and done. Can be cleaned in under 10 minutes

Can’t speak to the concentrates though
Old 07-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #4247

Sold. 10-15 use btwn cleaning is a lot better than I had imagined.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #4248

Like, it’s gonna get dirty and some resin buildup but it’s completely useable despite the appearance.

Just don’t want ya to buy it and think it will stay squeaky clean after that many uses, but the appearance does not effect the performance after that many uses at all imo. Just knock the old bud out and a little scrape with the brush provided and you’re good to go

Don’t think you’ll be disappointed
Old 07-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #4249

Yup, realize that after taking my first toke, itll prob never be able to get it back to brand new clean. But I was worried that I HAVE TO keep it clean all the time, for some reason.
I typically use a pipe, so I know about the build up of resins.

Can't wait to pick it up later!
Old 07-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #4250

Solo 2 vape is super easy to clean. Drop the glass pipes in rubbing alcohol and a little rubbing alcohol + q-tip for the device and it looks brand new.
This post thanked by: