REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

There needs to be a new law to govern the knob cyclists on the road

I'm sorry, if you cut through 100 cars cycling between lanes, then rides in the middle of the lane to block all the cars behind, you don't get to play the pedestrian privilege card when cars try to pass you. There needs to be a new law governing these selfish moron cyclists who thinks they can do whatever they want, zero courtesy to others, then when cars cut them off, they start yelling like a pedestrian that just almost got hit.
Advertisement
Zanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
There is a law, and it’s the same one we obey while we drive.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
most cyclists doesn't think so.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I dont like they argue cars have to share the road and yet they dont follow the rules. Sure I will share the road when the cyclists are enforced to purchase plates for their bikes.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Law of natural selection?
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
I am Hook'd on RS

So this morning when I went to work, a dick cyclist cuts in front of all cars and gets in the middle so no one pass him. This afternoon when I came home, I was at the intersection with my signal on to turn right, this retard cyclist squeezed between the curb to get right in front of me, blocking me from turning right, when i looked at him, he gives me the finger... ya ok.

Last edited by Zanity; 10-17-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

I'm sorry but screw the cyclists. They hold up traffic, cut people off, the stop signs and traffic light are mere suggestion to them and most of all the don't pay shit to be on the road. Who gonna pay if they hit somebody? like fuck I'm irritated typing this...arg
Old 10-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

Then there's the homeless cyclist trying to scam people, they hide in the blind spot of a car, when the driver is looking left for traffic so she can turn right, the homeless cyclist jump in front of the car hoping they get hit and get rich. I've seen this shit happen.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #9
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,438 Times in 4,279 Posts
fuck you op

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #10
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
No new laws will prevent those situations you encountered. Just need someone to enforce existing laws.

Sounds like you'd like that mayoral candidate, Wai Young who is anti Robertson bike lanes.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just checking: cyclists are allowed to be in the middle of the road if there is a sign that says "Single File." Even has a picture on it that shows a car behind a bicycle. You aren't calling them dicks in these areas, correct?

Otherwise, I agree that some cyclists need to be taught the rules. As a cyclist myself(I ride a bike to the gym on a regular basis now), the 2 biggest things that upset me are the lack of hand signals from cyclists(getting a little better recently, though), and the fact that some of them are too cheap to buy a set of lights for riding at night.

I don't ride on big roads without bike lanes, but honestly, I think it's reasonable for a cyclist to stay behind a car at a stoplight. Cars are much faster than bicycles, so cars will end up passing the bicycle all over again when the light turns green and that's really annoying.

This probably makes me a dick to some people, but I do sometimes veer to the right a little bit if I am stopped at a red light to block a cyclist that I passed(on a road without bike lanes, of course)... It's better for everyone, really.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #12
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
fuck you op
karma will take care of shits like you.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
fuck you op

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #14
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.27714...7i16384!8i8192

turning left at this intersection is so frustrating. u have bikers coming south n turning right to head west bound who has the right of way, fine no stop sign fair game. then at the end of day the same ppl r getting off work these same bikers heading east bound turning left to head north blasts through the stop sign. i once had a biker tried to turn in front of me n stop to give me the wtf gesture, i told him he has a stop sign n he needs to stop, biker gives me the finger n rides away

fuck bikers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

They share the same road as car yet pay no insurance
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #16
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts

This was satisfying to watch
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCPxkBc9I0

This was satisfying to watch
Wow. I remember this. This was a few years back. I actually know someone that knows that driver in the video.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 AM   #18
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Wow. I remember this. This was a few years back. I actually know someone that knows that driver in the video.
do u know the full story? i'm sure the cyclist deserved it
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #19
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135i View Post
They share the same road as car yet pay no insurance
Agreed. If they use the road they should pay insurance.

If driver gets into an accident with a biker where the biker is at fault, the driver is the one who has to pay for it. how is that fair?
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #20
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
fuck you op

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #21
I STILL don't get it

What’s frustrating as well is we pay tax for the privilege of driving on the road. These roads are maintained via said tax revenue. Cyclists pay no such tax yet get access not only to the road but entire cycle only lanes as the population and thus traffic continue to increase. We live in a city where it rains for what...six to eight months out of the year? Let’s give cyclists their own lane and contest traffic even more while people are trying to get to work in the morning because a few people want to ride their bikes like bad asses in the rain. Common sense that’s not so common.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #22
private modder

Thanked 2,606 Times in 732 Posts
As a car driver and cyclist, I can say 100% that car drivers are assholes when it comes to bikes. Get out my way, i'm faster than you and have no patience.

On the other hand, I can say 100% that yes, cyclists think the rules of the road do not apply to them. Run the red light? Sure!

Unfortunately this will always be like oil and water and will never mix.

I support the idea of continuing to build more bike lanes and designated bike routes to keep them separated as much as possible. That is honestly the only solution that works.
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #23
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
As a car driver and cyclist, I can say 100% that car drivers are assholes when it comes to bikes. Get out my way, i'm faster than you and have no patience.

On the other hand, I can say 100% that yes, cyclists think the rules of the road do not apply to them. Run the red light? Sure!

I support the idea of continuing to build more bike lanes and designated bike routes to keep them separated as much as possible. That is honestly the only solution that works.
This sums it up nicely.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #24
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
I must strongly disagree, our downtown is in chaos because of the bike lanes, have you seen how dangerous it is to make a right turn when cyclists do not obey traffic rules ? They could care less about blind spots, and the amount of cyclists vs drivers using the road... I think I'll stop here before I explode on this issue again. That being said, there are good cyclists too, this morning coming to work, a cyclist stopped at an intersection stop sign and waited for traffic (with no stop sign), I then stopped purposely to let him through, he thanked me, bottom line is, if you're not being a dick on the road, people will treat you with respect.

Last edited by Zanity; 10-18-2018 at 03:44 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #25
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
Quote:

I must strongly disagree, our downtown is in chaos because of the bike lanes, have you seen how dangerous it is to make a right turn when cyclists do not obey traffic rules ? They could care less about blind spots, and the amount of cyclists vs drivers using the road... I think I'll stop here before I explode on this issue again.
I also see bike lanes as the solution. Separate the two groups of people and problem solved. Drivers don't have to stay behind a slow cyclist, and cyclists don't have to worry about being run over.

Admittedly, it's not the most ideal solution, but what are the other solutions?

I can think of 2, and both are worse than bike lanes:

1. Tell the cyclists to ride on the sidewalk. Admittedly, this is what some of my friends do if they have to ride on a busy street without bike lanes for their own safety. Problem is, this is illegal by the book, so they will be fined if a cop sees them do it. Also, we will eventually have pedestrians who are pissed at cyclists, so there will still be arguments, just with a different group of people.

2. Basically tell the cyclists to just F off and not ride. This is even less feasible and it will cause a huge backlash.

As for having cyclists paying for the road usage, this is about just as realistic. Expect environmentalists to scream at you.

Again, I agree that some cyclists are a-holes and need to be ticketed, but bike lanes are probably the best solution we have now. Cyclists just need to know how to use them properly. Perhaps you have a better solution for this dilemma?
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote