REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 AM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
my kids have been riding their bikes now on the road, and I'm teaching them the road rules to follow and road courtesy all the good stuff. So I hope they become cyclists we all dream of. (they still ride in this damn weather)
But I'd like to remind you all, when you see them on the road. And this is important.... They have the right of way. Otherwise I'll run you over in the soccer van.
Jus saying.
Advertisement
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCPxkBc9I0

This was satisfying to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
hold up, time out guys

Spoiler!

Awhile ago, i was at a four way stop, it was my turn to go. In the corner of my eye i glimpsed an idiot cyclist coming down full speed. So what do i do? Pedal to the metal and punch thru, to scare the cyclist pretending i was gonna run him over. So than he gives me the finger, and thats when i got fucking pissed. Chased him down few blocks later and got off the car and shove him off his stupid bike (thought about knocking him out but i tried to be sensible)

So....uhm.... Is this you?

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #53
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I don't condone violence..

I also hate people who think they're above the law..

Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #54
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts

So this happened last night.

Some teenager on one of those BMX bikes that are obviously not set up for your normal street commuting. No reflectors, no flickering lights. I don't think the guy was even wearing a helmet.

It looks like he saw a few walkers taking up the full width of the sidewalk so he suddenly just veered into the street instead without looking. At the time, I was more annoyed than upset, so I didn't lean on my horn. But now I regret not honking him, cause he seemed oblivious and may not be so lucky next time. It probably would have helped him to realize he had a potential near death experience to not do it again.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #55
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I’ll put cyclists into 4 groups.

Competitive cyclist - Asshole, doesnt follow the rules as it will slow down his average pace and may not get the strava top time.

Recreational cyclist - Unlike the competitive cyclist, this style of rider is much more meek. Follows most rules as they are scared. Their hazard is the probably don’t know how to ride a bike well.

Commuter - Environmentalist, or can’t afford a car. Either way they don’t get much respect. Lol. 50/50 asshole/follow the rules.

Homeless - keep your distance. You don’t know what he’s going to do.
Your groups alone shows your bias lol. Where is the competitive, but follow the rules group?!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #56
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
So this happened last night.

Some teenager on one of those BMX bikes that are obviously not set up for your normal street commuting. No reflectors, no flickering lights. I don't think the guy was even wearing a helmet.

It looks like he saw a few walkers taking up the full width of the sidewalk so he suddenly just veered into the street instead without looking. At the time, I was more annoyed than upset, so I didn't lean on my horn. But now I regret not honking him, cause he seemed oblivious and may not be so lucky next time. It probably would have helped him to realize he had a potential near death experience to not do it again.
This same thing happen to me before on willingdon going down that steep hill from kingsway. It was like 10pm, no lights on the cyclist riding on the road. I almost cream pied him, gave him a good honk! I think even if we did hit him, we can sue him with our dash cam evidence.
Zanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #57
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Your groups alone shows your bias lol. Where is the competitive, but follow the rules group?!
I’ve done a little competitive cycling. I try and follow rules (stop at all stop signs when cars are around), hold behind traffic in lanes. Narrow roads I allow room to pass when safe. But when your in the zone, all rules go out the bloody window. Hahah we are all guilty.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:42 PM   #59
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
I almost cream pied him
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #60
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
my kids have been riding their bikes now on the road, and I'm teaching them the road rules to follow and road courtesy all the good stuff. So I hope they become cyclists we all dream of. (they still ride in this damn weather)
But I'd like to remind you all, when you see them on the road. And this is important.... They have the right of way. Otherwise I'll run you over in the soccer van.
Jus saying.
oh my goodness this

Would you use this same logic and put them behind the wheel of a car as "kids", teaching them the road rules too?
Same roads, same road rules, same road signs... how can a "kid" operate a bicycle like adults do with cars?

You can teach them in the car, verbally and visually showing how road rules and etiquette work, NOT while simultaneously endangering them and others around them.

Just like you need to be of a certain age and pass a driver's test, I think this should be applied to cyclists too.
ElleElle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #61
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
So alot of ways I can reply to this... . I'll put it the simplest way with some context.

We live on street. Kids ride bike around block, go to store, go to school... Etc. They must pass busy roads. With this in mind... They have right of way. Don't get it wrong, it's my duty to give them the tools to make it a safe ride for themselves and others around them (cars included) It is drilled in them with military precision AND I've put them in the bike schools to learn. So I trust them on a bike more than I trust most adults behind the wheel of a car. If while riding their bikes they get hurt through no fault of their own and following road etiquette .... Well that's a discussion I'll be having with whomever was driving and decided that they had right of way over my kids because they were late for work in the morning while the boys were just trying to get to school. (an example)

Even now I have dickwads bombing down our street when I'm teaching my youngest boys to ride a bike. (or playing) Got sick of yelling at them so now I throw whatevers handy at them. And yeah they're all different races and gender. The only thing they have in common is that they all are apologetic when they see the kids. And I tell them to smarten the fuck up and be road aware you fucking idiot.

If we lived downtown, or marine drive... Fuck no the kids aren't gonna ride their bikes.. The little shits are gonna take the bus.

Tl;DR
Live in burbs
Kids are trained to ride bikes
They get hurt (not at fault) , you get hurt
Human race as whole are douchebags. Don't want them to be one also.
And
Fuck you.for thinking I would ever endanger anyone, least of all my kids.
/rant
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2018, 07:27 PM   #62
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
So alot of ways I can reply to this... . I'll put it the simplest way with some context.

We live on street. Kids ride bike around block, go to store, go to school... Etc. They must pass busy roads. With this in mind... They have right of way. Don't get it wrong, it's my duty to give them the tools to make it a safe ride for themselves and others around them (cars included) It is drilled in them with military precision AND I've put them in the bike schools to learn. So I trust them on a bike more than I trust most adults behind the wheel of a car. If while riding their bikes they get hurt through no fault of their own and following road etiquette .... Well that's a discussion I'll be having with whomever was driving and decided that they had right of way over my kids because they were late for work in the morning while the boys were just trying to get to school. (an example)

Even now I have dickwads bombing down our street when I'm teaching my youngest boys to ride a bike. (or playing) Got sick of yelling at them so now I throw whatevers handy at them. And yeah they're all different races and gender. The only thing they have in common is that they all are apologetic when they see the kids. And I tell them to smarten the fuck up and be road aware you fucking idiot.

If we lived downtown, or marine drive... Fuck no the kids aren't gonna ride their bikes.. The little shits are gonna take the bus.

Tl;DR
Live in burbs
Kids are trained to ride bikes
They get hurt (not at fault) , you get hurt
Human race as whole are douchebags. Don't want them to be one also.
And
Fuck you.for thinking I would ever endanger anyone, least of all my kids.
/rant
Ah, yes, clarification always helps. All I saw from your original post was "my kids have been riding their bikes now on the road", and I have literally seen 7 year olds riding bikes downtown through traffic, so obviously to some poor kid's parents, that is not endangering at all. But hey, glad you let everyone know that you're not one of those!
ElleElle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #63
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
I love the motorized skateboard dudes on bike lanes & roads with no helmets. Especially prevalent on Commercial.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote