REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #26
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Just checking: cyclists are allowed to be in the middle of the road if there is a sign that says "Single File." Even has a picture on it that shows a car behind a bicycle. You aren't calling them dicks in these areas, correct?

I don't ride on big roads without bike lanes, but honestly, I think it's reasonable for a cyclist to stay behind a car at a stoplight. Cars are much faster than bicycles, so cars will end up passing the bicycle all over again when the light turns green and that's really annoying.
The thing is when the road is one lane of travel with no bike lane, and there is a line of cars sitting at a red light and the cyclist approaches the line of say 10 cars and squeezes up the right side between the cars and curb to get to the front of the line, and then doesn't let the cars pass when the light goes green.

Im pretty sure the law says that in that scenario, cyclists and vehicles are equal to eachother and share the same laws. Meaning the cyclist is not allowed to pass the other cars to get to the front.

Ive seen cyclists get off their bikes, pull them up on the curb/sidewalk and ride passed the line of stopped cars to get to the front of the line. fuck right off.
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
my goodness you guys are all so dumb
like, dumb as rock. jeez. did your parents drop you on the head as a baby?

the solution is simple you dumb twats.
ban bikes! make them illegal! they cause more harm than good any way, so why bother with bike lanes? get rid of them and turn that sidewalk into a third lane for cars..jeez so stupid. make canada great again

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Studies have shown that the co2 emitted from cyclists is a major contributor to global warming.

Save the planet. Ban bikes.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #29
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
my goodness you guys are all so dumb
like, dumb as rock. jeez. did your parents drop you on the head as a baby?

the solution is simple you dumb twats.
ban bikes! make them illegal! they cause more harm than good any way, so why bother with bike lanes? get rid of them and turn that sidewalk into a third lane for cars..jeez so stupid. make canada great again

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
As a car driver and cyclist, I can say 100% that car drivers are assholes when it comes to bikes. Get out my way, i'm faster than you and have no patience.

On the other hand, I can say 100% that yes, cyclists think the rules of the road do not apply to them. Run the red light? Sure!

Unfortunately this will always be like oil and water and will never mix.

I support the idea of continuing to build more bike lanes and designated bike routes to keep them separated as much as possible. That is honestly the only solution that works.
Orrrr they can ride on the sidewalk
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

There are way more bad cyclists than motorists. I can say 99% of cyclists don't stop at a stop sign!

Bike lanes, what are the usage during the fall/winter/spring when weather is less than desirable? But the biggest problem is still cyclists ignore it don't know the rules of the road.

They needed to be licensed and insured!
M Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
The thing is when the road is one lane of travel with no bike lane, and there is a line of cars sitting at a red light and the cyclist approaches the line of say 10 cars and squeezes up the right side between the cars and curb to get to the front of the line, and then doesn't let the cars pass when the light goes green.

Im pretty sure the law says that in that scenario, cyclists and vehicles are equal to eachother and share the same laws. Meaning the cyclist is not allowed to pass the other cars to get to the front.

Ive seen cyclists get off their bikes, pull them up on the curb/sidewalk and ride passed the line of stopped cars to get to the front of the line. fuck right off.
Again, if there is a "Single File" sign, then you have to stay behind them. That's why the sign is there.

Otherwise, I do agree. It makes more sense for cyclists to stay behind cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchie View Post
Orrrr they can ride on the sidewalk
Just gonna self-quote real quick here:

Quote:

1. Tell the cyclists to ride on the sidewalk. Admittedly, this is what some of my friends do if they have to ride on a busy street without bike lanes for their own safety. Problem is, this is illegal by the book, so they will be fined if a cop sees them do it. Also, we will eventually have pedestrians who are pissed at cyclists, so there will still be arguments, just with a different group of people.

UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #33
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

hold up, time out guys

someone please educate me

WHY THE FUCK cyclists have the privilege to hog a lane, especially dedicated left turn ones. So many times i see them take up the space, and pedal like a grandma crawling on the floor. Why cant they cross like a normal fucking pedestrian would?
They wonna share the road? Get a fucking plate, end of the story. Might as well invite the joggers, skate boarders, roller blades to all share the road? How are they any different

I never understood this part, therefore i always downshift 2 gears and blow past by them

Fuck you cyclists.

Seen it a million times, runs red light, blows by four way stop, ignores yield signs.

Awhile ago, i was at a four way stop, it was my turn to go. In the corner of my eye i glimpsed an idiot cyclist coming down full speed. So what do i do? Pedal to the metal and punch thru, to scare the cyclist pretending i was gonna run him over. So than he gives me the finger, and thats when i got fucking pissed. Chased him down few blocks later and got off the car and shove him off his stupid bike (thought about knocking him out but i tried to be sensible)

Last edited by GG; 10-19-2018 at 08:20 AM.
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #34
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Mutt View Post
What’s frustrating as well is we pay tax for the privilege of driving on the road. These roads are maintained via said tax revenue. Cyclists pay no such tax yet get access not only to the road but entire cycle only lanes as the population and thus traffic continue to increase. We live in a city where it rains for what...six to eight months out of the year? Let’s give cyclists their own lane and contest traffic even more while people are trying to get to work in the morning because a few people want to ride their bikes like bad asses in the rain. Common sense that’s not so common.

during the winter, NO ONE uses the bike lane

U will see maybe one, or two... at the most. I dont blame them, who the fuck wants to ride in the pissing rain and smell like a wet dog when they arrive at the office

So we spend millions .......building these useless bike lanes to cater to our shitty weather while they dont contribute jackshit
Old 10-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
By law, cyclists are supposed to cross intersections as if they were a pedestrian. They aren't supposed to ride their bike.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I've also noticed an alarming number of people riding bikes without helmets. When I think of all those patients my mom had to teach how to walk or feed themselves again after head injuries from bikes, it bothers me.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #37
GG

this shit shouldnt be allowed, only motorcycle and cars should be allowed.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #38
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post

so if the person going straight from the other direction hits them, does the car have the right of way?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #39
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

1. Tell the cyclists to ride on the sidewalk. Admittedly, this is what some of my friends do if they have to ride on a busy street without bike lanes for their own safety. Problem is, this is illegal by the book, so they will be fined if a cop sees them do it. Also, we will eventually have pedestrians who are pissed at cyclists, so there will still be arguments, just with a different group of people.
So on the road car driver has issues with the cyclists and if the ride on the sidewalks then the pedestrians will have issues with the cyclists.

Seems like there is a common problem here....
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #40
GG

^
let the pedestrians sort it out with the dumb cyclists, better than getting run over
Old 10-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

how did you get your license?

get it through your thick skull to share the road

a cyclist should only be using a pedestrian crosswalk if it's painted green as a multi-purpose ped/bike pathway
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #42
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
By law, cyclists are supposed to cross intersections as if they were a pedestrian. They aren't supposed to ride their bike.
...if your using a crosswalk.

The reason bikes are allowed on the road is because despite how
Much of a hazard you think they are to you inyour car. They are more of a hazard to pedestrians on the sidewalk.

I’ll put cyclists into 4 groups.

Competitive cyclist - Asshole, doesnt follow the rules as it will slow down his average pace and may not get the strava top time.

Recreational cyclist - Unlike the competitive cyclist, this style of rider is much more meek. Follows most rules as they are scared. Their hazard is the probably don’t know how to ride a bike well.

Commuter - Environmentalist, or can’t afford a car. Either way they don’t get much respect. Lol. 50/50 asshole/follow the rules.

Homeless - keep your distance. You don’t know what he’s going to do.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
hold up, time out guys

someone please educate me

WHY THE FUCK cyclists have the privilege to hog a lane, especially dedicated left turn ones. So many times i see them take up the space, and pedal like a grandma crawling on the floor. Why cant they cross like a normal fucking pedestrian would?
They wonna share the road? Get a fucking plate, end of the story. Might as well invite the joggers, skate boarders, roller blades to all share the road? How are they any different

I never understood this part, therefore i always downshift 2 gears and blow past by them

Fuck you cyclists.

Seen it a million times, runs red light, blows by four way stop, ignores yield signs.

Awhile ago, i was at a four way stop, it was my turn to go. In the corner of my eye i glimpsed an idiot cyclist coming down full speed. So what do i do? Pedal to the metal and punch thru, to scare the cyclist pretending i was gonna run him over. So than he gives me the finger, and thats when i got fucking pissed. Chased him down few blocks later and got off the car and shove him off his stupid bike (thought about knocking him out but i tried to be sensible)

I agree with your perspective, but wtf bro.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #44
GG

^

guess he caught me on my bad day, im so fed up with people when they are at fault and you call them out, yet they have the balls to start yelling/fingering u for their own mistakes.
Plus i had the right of way, even if i ran him over at the four way stop he'd still be at fault especially i got dash cam to proof that idiot didnt even bother to stop

The ratio is like this

3/10 drivers are bad drivers

8/10 cyclists dont follow rules

no helmet, no hand signal, traffic lights, traffic signs the list goes on and on

Last edited by GG; 10-19-2018 at 02:42 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #45

Quote:
Would really appreciate it if you can show me the source.

This is what I do at bigger intersections for my own safety, but I am not sure if this is a written law.

Quote:

U will see maybe one, or two... at the most. I dont blame them, who the fuck wants to ride in the pissing rain and smell like a wet dog when they arrive at the office

So we spend millions .......building these useless bike lanes to cater to our shitty weather while they dont contribute jackshit
True, but what about summer? Just today, I see a ton of cyclists riding on the bike lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchie View Post
So on the road car driver has issues with the cyclists and if the ride on the sidewalks then the pedestrians will have issues with the cyclists.

Seems like there is a common problem here....
Bicycles are in that awkward speed range that's too fast on a sidewalk, but too slow on a road. It's still not fun being hit by a bicycle when you are walking, and most sidewalks are pretty narrow anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
...if your using a crosswalk.

The reason bikes are allowed on the road is because despite how
Much of a hazard you think they are to you inyour car. They are more of a hazard to pedestrians on the sidewalk.

I’ll put cyclists into 4 groups.

Competitive cyclist - Asshole, doesnt follow the rules as it will slow down his average pace and may not get the strava top time.

Recreational cyclist - Unlike the competitive cyclist, this style of rider is much more meek. Follows most rules as they are scared. Their hazard is the probably don’t know how to ride a bike well.

Commuter - Environmentalist, or can’t afford a car. Either way they don’t get much respect. Lol. 50/50 asshole/follow the rules.

Homeless - keep your distance. You don’t know what he’s going to do.
And then there are a few people here who drive and cycle like me. Sorry, but the gym is way too close for me to warm up my car properly, and it just takes a while to walk there.

Of course, if you only drive, cyclists are all evil bastards that should burn in hell, and if you only cycle, every driver should have their car crushed.

One thing I do agree with is that fact that you should keep your distance with a homeless cyclist... I have once seen one that was cycling in circles in the middle of an intersection in downtown, Victoria at midnight. The light turned green for me and he was still doing his merry-go-round. Wasn't in the mood for that shit and eventually honked at him. The homeless guy looked at me like I was crazy... WTF
Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #46
GG

^

Bud, van aint practical at all. Lets be real here, it rains 9 months thru out the year. This aint no cali

If this was California weather? I would be all for it
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #47
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:

There are people utilizing them, they have gears for rainy weather.

They contribute by reducing congestion, for you.

I don't even ride but have an open mind.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #48

I know the winter rains a lot, but even then that's not 9 months. More like half of the year.

And again, what's a better solution other than bike lanes? As drivers, we all hate it when we get stuck behind a cyclist, but where else do they go? Sidewalks aren't feasible for them, either.

If money is a concern, I personally don't mind a small amount of road tax or something every year - it's still worth it for the gas money I save(especially with a rotary, LOL) and the damage I can do to my car by not warming up my car fully. I just don't see how this can be implemented without cyclists crying out.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #49
I STILL don't get it

It seems that as a city, we've decided to encourage cycling, and expand infrastructure to support cyclists. I don't understand why we haven't updated rules of the road to reflect that.

If cyclists are sharing the road with cars and motorcycles, I really don't understand why we don't treat cyclists on par with cars and motorcycles.

-Mandatory Bike License, just like a Driver's License or Motorcycle License (in order to cycle on the roads with cars and motorcycles)

-Mandatory Bike License Plate with Insurance, just like for a car or motorcycle (in order to cycle on the roads with cars and motorcycles)

No cutting in line at stop lights. Wait your turn like cars and motorcycles.

Existing rules like blowing through stop lights and stop signs, failure to wear a helmet, etc ; cyclists can be held accountable. Same points system as for cars and motorcycles.
Break too many laws while cycling? Lose your license/right to cycle.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #50
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts