REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   filld gas delivery service in Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715634-filld-gas-delivery-service-vancouver.html)

Manic! 11-26-2018 10:12 PM

filld gas delivery service in Vancouver

https://filld.com/

Filld a gas delivery company just started servicing Vancouver. They charge what local gas stations in your area are charging plus a $5 delivery fee.

This statement on there site is complete b.s.

Quote:

Our gas is filtered and never sits in dirty, underground tanks, ensuring cleaner, fresher gas.
All gas is filtered. every gas pump has a filter. Looks just like a oil filter. Also there trucks are getting gas from somewhere. Above ground or below ground makes no difference in fuel quality.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...al-stationsank

AzNightmare 11-26-2018 10:49 PM

lol, I'll only consider if they can deliver me a mix of E30, cause it's kind of a hassle for me to drive to Northside Petroleum and mix it myself. But then again, I don't really trust anyone filling up my car but myself.

:fuckthatshit:

Mr.Money 11-26-2018 10:54 PM

they might be trying to gain the trust of car dealerships.

cause most of the time they sit almost empty till sold,but why pay anyone if you can save the 5 for more fuel.

twitchyzero 11-26-2018 11:16 PM

find it hard to believe it's only $5...doesn't sound sustainable for non-fleets

vitaminG 11-27-2018 02:38 AM

According to the article they do fleet service for ca2go and they're doing consumers while on their routes. They probably make a small profit on the fuel as well since I'm sure they get it cheaper than the gas station charges

68style 11-27-2018 07:51 AM

They have to be getting at least the same discount that gas stations get, $5 doesn't even cover them driving to your location let alone the trucks and employee cost.

Indy 11-27-2018 08:03 AM

perfect for residents of downtown where there are no more gas stations :D

also...add E85 delivery and I'll consider it cause like AzNightmare said, driving out to coquitlam is kind of inconvenient.

teggy604 11-27-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8930043)
they might be trying to gain the trust of car dealerships.

cause most of the time they sit almost empty till sold,but why pay anyone if you can save the 5 for more fuel.

because we humans are lazy and want convivence lol. Even in Richmond all gas stations have attendants filling your gas. Its the same price now, but I remembered before they charge a few cents extra. I note I trust a gas station filter and servicing protocol a lot more than these guys.

originalhypa 11-27-2018 08:44 AM

Replace the word "fuel" with "taxi", and "filld" with "uber" and you have the same scenario that has been playing out here for years. The old guard is being challenged by a new way of doing things. IB the fuel peddlars lobby the NDP for protection under the guise of public safety. Because that's just how it's done in BC.

Srsly tho, that is a good idea. Fill multiple cars once or twice a week and never have to deal with gas station lineups again. I wonder how they're going to deal with fuel price wars?

hud 91gt 11-27-2018 09:00 AM

^monoppoly should take care of that.

Great68 11-27-2018 09:10 AM

Interesting idea, can't say that filling up gas has ever constituted such a massive inconvenience or time sink for me that I would consider a delivery service.

I also don't know if I would feel comfortable just leaving my gas flap open all day.

68style 11-27-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8930070)
Srsly tho, that is a good idea. Fill multiple cars once or twice a week and never have to deal with gas station lineups again. I wonder how they're going to deal with fuel price wars?

The article says they just sell at whatever the average of the nearest stations to you are... so same as all the stations I guess

Manic! 11-27-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8930070)
Replace the word "fuel" with "taxi", and "filld" with "uber" and you have the same scenario that has been playing out here for years. The old guard is being challenged by a new way of doing things. IB the fuel peddlars lobby the NDP for protection under the guise of public safety. Because that's just how it's done in BC.

Parkland fuels invested $12 million. They own all the Chevrons a bunch or Esso's, Fasgas and some other brands.

https://www.parkland.ca/en/about-parkland/brands

https://www.parkland.ca/en/investors...dian-Consumers

Dragon-88 11-27-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8930083)
Parkland fuels invested $12 million. They own all the Chevrons a bunch or Esso's, Fasgas and some other brands.

https://www.parkland.ca/en/about-parkland/brands

https://www.parkland.ca/en/investors...dian-Consumers

Also the Chevron Refinery in Burnaby was bought out by Parkland.

Ferra 11-27-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8930044)
find it hard to believe it's only $5...doesn't sound sustainable for non-fleets

I assume they get their gas at wholesale like your regular gas station?
If so, the profit is at selling the gas.

With delivery they don't have the overhead cost of running a "brick & mortar" gas station... which probably cost tens - hundreds of thousands dollars per month to operate.

originalhypa 11-27-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 8930078)
Interesting idea, can't say that filling up gas has ever constituted such a massive inconvenience or time sink for me that I would consider a delivery service

Just wait until you get home from your daughter's volleyball game and realize as you pull into your driveway that you're out of gas. And you have a 6am hockey practice the next day.

:lol

trust me, it happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8930083)
Parkland fuels invested $12 million.
Spoiler!

So you're saying that Parkland is an investor in Filld?
That is an interesting fact considering that they're supplying gas already and seeing an opportunity in a market that hasn't changed since the 30's.

Manic! 11-27-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8930088)
Just wait until you get home from your daughter's volleyball game and realize as you pull into your driveway that you're out of gas. And you have a 6am hockey practice the next day.

:lol

trust me, it happens.

So you're saying that Parkland is an investor in Filld?
That is an interesting fact considering that they're supplying gas already and seeing an opportunity in a market that hasn't changed since the 30's.

Yes they invested in filld.

TOPEC 11-27-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teggy604 (Post 8930068)
because we humans are lazy and want convivence lol. Even in Richmond all gas stations have attendants filling your gas.

that is because its a bylaw that u cannot pump ur own gas in richmond, not laziness. this also applies to coquitlum.

Manic! 11-27-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 8930186)
that is because its a bylaw that u cannot pump ur own gas in richmond, not laziness. this also applies to coquitlum.

It's a stupid bylaw. When people move out of Richmond they have no clue how to get gas.

hud 91gt 11-27-2018 08:21 PM

^ I think it’s because the people in Richmond never knew how to get gas in the first place. Also probably took out a few fuel hoses while they were at it. Lol

teggy604 11-27-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 8930186)

Regardless, I still pump it myself even with the bylaw. I don't need a kid pulling the nozzle out and getting gas all over my car.

twitchyzero 11-27-2018 11:05 PM

weird

I was guessing Portland was the only place in North America where they must pump for you

BIC_BAWS 11-27-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8930238)
weird

I was guessing Portland was the only place in North America where they must pump for you

I got kicked out of a gas station in Portland once cause I was arguing with an attendant on why I can pump my own gas. I didn't realize that it was the law that I can't LMAO.

At least in Richmond, no one cares about the law. I aint about to wait 20 minutes cause dumbasses in CLAs doesn't know how to pump their own gas.

UnknownJinX 11-28-2018 11:12 AM

^It's so weird but that's a very Mercedes owner thing.

I have seen a lady with her MB's gas door fully open and driving down the road.

As for me, it would just be inconvenient because I have to pour in premix every tank. Don't exactly trust other people to do it.

Dragon-88 11-28-2018 11:17 AM

Every time I pump gas, I use the gas cap to pump the gas instead of holding the handle.. Some times you get the weirdest looks from people and then they look at their nozzle wondering how they can automatically pump gas.. Its fun to watch..