REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:38 AM   #2501
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I know. It’s just funny that the most irrelevant and stupid party of years past is no worse than the other options.
I’d say their racism is more thinly veiled.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:09 AM   #2502
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Bloc is pretty openly racist...
Well, westopher is white and from alberta...

Old 09-01-2021, 08:39 AM   #2503
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Bloc is looking like best option lol
PPC - openly racist and basically brain dead
Liberal - scandals and empty promises
Cons - cute words trying to paint themselves as a "new" Conservative party with no backbone for actually running platforms based on that image
Green Party - how can you govern anything when you cant even operate as a party
NDP - pie in the sky ideas which will pummel me financially
Here is the PPC platform. Please point out the open racism.
https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/platform
Old 09-01-2021, 08:51 AM   #2504
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
"When Mr. Singh entered the foyer, Mr. Bernier said, referring to Mr. Singh, 'Il ne se fera jamais élire avec ce torchon sur sa tęte,'" wrote Conway. He translated the phrase into English as, "He'll never get elected with that rag on his head."
Quote:
In one of the tweets, published in March of this year, Bill Capes said "Yellow people been working since 5am, black people up at noon. Lol."
Quote:
COQUITLAM (NEWS 1130) — A People’s Party of Canada candidate has been told he can’t run anymore after calling on the party’s leader to denounce white supremacy.

Coquitlam–Port Coquitlam candidate Brian Misera said he was tired of being called a Nazi. He posted a series of videos on Twitter Sept. 10, calling on the party — and Leader Maxime Bernier — to distance itself from racism. He said he was trying to find out why “there is human garbage in our ranks,” saying it’s not enough to just “expunge racist idiots.”

In a video, he had said the party needed to be clear about how they are different from hate groups, or he would leave.

“I don’t want anything to do with that crap. If you cant be adamantly clear about that, I don’t know how the hell you expect me to campaign for you. You’re putting the onus on me to show that we don’t do this,” he said in a video.

“I mean, you should understand how hard it is to go out and canvas and talk to people. I don’t want to be berated by people who think I’m an actual Nazi.”

The party removed him from its ranks the next day, Misera tells NEWS 1130.

“I woke up this morning and I got an email from PPC headquarters that said ‘we’ve revoked your candidacy status, you’re not allowed to campaign anymore, but we hope that you still support the party.’ That was it, there was no explanation given,” he said.

But he has an idea why he was removed: “I can only assume what it was, which was — I criticized Maxime.”

NEWS 1130 reached out to the PPC at 3:08 p.m. Wednesday requesting comment on his videos. At 3:46 p.m. the same day, Misera was told in an email that he can’t represent the party in the federal election.

Misera has also been critical of the party’s stance on climate change. He says he is “pro-science” and has has never denied climate change is real.

“This wasn’t part of the platform when he founded the party,” he says. “I would much rather, Maxime, that you stop picking fights with 16-year-old girls who want to save the world in order to push your point of view and those who share your point of view, and just instead accept debates with climate scientists.”

The now former-candidate says he’s devastated, as he’s spent nearly a year with the party.

He said the party’s stance on freedom of speech was initially what drew him to it.
I didn't say their platforms are racist. The people in the party, and the leader, are racist.
I look forward to your youtube video response.

From the platform:
Quote:
The primary aim of Canada’s immigration policy should be to economically benefit Canadians and Canada as a whole. It should not be used to forcibly change the cultural character and social fabric of our country. And it should not put excessive financial burdens on the shoulders of Canadians in the pursuit of humanitarian goals.
Fucking lol. What is the "cultural character and social fabric" of our country and how is it being forcibly changed?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 09-01-2021 at 08:56 AM.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #2505
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
Wow, that’s as big of a DDT as I’ve ever seen in this thread hahaha

Jake the Snake would be proud.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #2506
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
It gets peoples panties in a bunch but he’s not wrong with the Turban remark.

The rest is..yea.. lol
Old 09-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #2507
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Finally Libs release their election platform ... 3 weeks into a 6 weeks election ... that they called !! The incompetence is shocking.

JT probably said to his party about calling an election, 'Don't worry ... I got this, a guaranteed majority. Easiest campaign ever. Platform ... why? They will just vote for me cuz I'm me.'
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 10:39 AM   #2508
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
As a rule, I generally believe in the free market for most things. But with housing affordability being such an important issue, I wonder if government intervention might actually be needed somehow, and I wonder what sort of consequences -- esp the bad ones -- might result.
Going back a few pages but just saw this video and it's amazing how manipulated our market has been by foreign buyers. There needs to be a free market but this kind of shit never should have occurred. I'd be really interested to see what if any mortgages were like in these cases and if Canadian banks and municipalities knew the fraud that was taking place and were complicit.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/40989...-0242ac110006/

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Finally Libs release their election platform ... 3 weeks into a 6 weeks election ... that they called !! The incompetence is shocking.
They had to take notes from the other parties first, obviously. I remember looking one day out of curiosity and I believe I didn't find a single Liberal cabinet minister who had prior experience in the files they were handling. Freeland for example got shuffled in to replace the corrupt fraud Morneau as Minister of Finance. Her qualifications? She has a BA in Russian history and literature and an MSt in Slavonic studies then worked as a freelance journalist before entering politics. No wonder Trudeau 'doesn't think about monetary policy' when it comes to the economy, his own minister doesn't have a damn clue what she's doing either!

The 2021 CPC aren't going to change the world but they'd be a huge upgrade from the current group of totally incompetent ministers currently running the country in to the ground socially, economically, and on the global stage.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #2509

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Quote:
"When Mr. Singh entered the foyer, Mr. Bernier said, referring to Mr. Singh, 'Il ne se fera jamais élire avec ce torchon sur sa tęte,'" wrote Conway. He translated the phrase into English as, "He'll never get elected with that rag on his head."
This is in reference to supposed comments made in 2018 while Bernier and Conway were with the Cons. It was brought forward by Warren Kinsella.
Quote:
Kinsella’s Daisy Consulting Group had been paid by a lawyer who was a member of the Conservative Party to run an anti-Bernier public relations campaign for a six-week period ending June 29, 2019.
The matter is currently before the courts, so I will reserve judgment until then. Even if he did say it, the translation could be a mild as 'cloth'. More recently Trudeau got a pass for describing Singh with his turban as 'Marge Simpson'. At any rate, to many, a turban represents open expression of a religion. Secularists such as myself aren't too keen on voting for such openly religious figures, for fear they might put their beliefs before facts and reason at critical moments. This shouldn't have to be said: Yes that includes crosses and other western religious symbols. Considering Singh used his personal religious beliefs to justify mass murder and terrorism (Air India), only changing his position after heavy criticism, it is not hard to believe he might again allow his beliefs to cloud his judgment. Whatever Bernier said or didn't say, the notion that a religious turban won't have a broad appeal to a growing secular country, is probably true.
Quote:
In one of the tweets, published in March of this year, Bill Capes said "Yellow people been working since 5am, black people up at noon. Lol."
As far as I can tell Bill Capes isn't a member of the PPC and not running in this election.
Quote:
COQUITLAM (NEWS 1130) — A People’s Party of Canada candidate has been told he can’t run anymore after calling on the party’s leader to denounce white supremacy.....
Another old story from the previous election? Not actual evidence of racism, just the effectiveness of people like Kinsella/Daisy Group/Cons, CBC, etc to reach the ignorant masses.

Quote:
I didn't say their platforms are racist. The people in the party, and the leader, are racist.
I look forward to your youtube video response.

From the platform:

Fucking lol. What is the "cultural character and social fabric" of our country and how is it being forcibly changed?
Since you wanted one, try this to start:
It won't give you the answers you seek, but it is a starting point to making sense of what is being said. I agree, the PPC needs to do a better job of explaining some of their points, but they can be heavy subjects not easily summed up for a platform.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #2510
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Maybe JT does need the boot but is this toole the better way to go? I hope people wake up and realize that their anger right now is making them revolt irrationally. Everyone in the running is starting to make Harper look like a saint.
As of so far, that's the way I'm leaning, I can not vote for the Liberal Party anymore so long as JT is the leader.

O'Toole is running a great campaign, seems like he hit the ground running.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #2511
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Yes this is not racist.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #2512
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Yes this is not racist.

I'm just curious. Why is it racist? I personally don't see the comment "it's ok to be white" as racist.

Can someone elaborate?

T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Maybe JT does need the boot but is this toole the better way to go? I hope people wake up and realize that their anger right now is making them revolt irrationally. Everyone in the running is starting to make Harper look like a saint.
Why not give O'Toole a minority and see what he can do? Keep him in check ... But if Cons does get minority win, watch the talk grow about a Libs and NDP partnership forming government.

The hate for JT is real ... !!!
Old 09-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #2514

The implosion continues.

There has never been a leader in recent memory that goes so far out of his way to say virtually nothing in an attempt to skirt a question. When called out by a global reporter today he went on this 5 minute spiel about how things in parliament have improved and women feel safe in Ottawa etc. The reporter then called him out saying how can the liberal govt. say the military cannot investigate themselves when it comes to sexual assault but the liberal party is completely capable of investigating these matters in house?

To think people actually questioned Harper as a leader lol.. this shit is embarrassing even for liberal die hards.

Love that a good chunk of people who voted for this imbecile and thought the cons were the reason they were poor and divided are now in a substantially worse off situation and in a country that has never been more divided. These are now people with zero light at the end of the tunnel.

Thought the budget was gonna balance itself?

Last edited by Hondaracer; 09-01-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #2515

Quote:
Why not give O'Toole a minority and see what he can do? Keep him in check ... But if Cons does get minority win, watch the talk grow about a Libs and NDP partnership forming government.

The hate for JT is real ... !!!
If the cons get a minority we will have another election in less than a year. The NDP have said they will not work with them.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #2516

Another election would be the death blow for the liberals. The NDP isn’t going to have a choice if it goes con minority.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #2517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Another election would be the death blow for the liberals. The NDP isn’t going to have a choice if it goes con minority.
The Liberals will not work with the Cons. Another election would only help the NDP.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #2518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Yes this is not racist.

Agreed. Next
Old 09-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #2519
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,231 Posts
And the reason why it is

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #2520

Whatever result comes from this election, assuming it will be a minority one ... and the party that triggers an election to topple the minority gov't will endure the kiss of death.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #2521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The implosion continues.

There has never been a leader in recent memory that goes so far out of his way to say virtually nothing in an attempt to skirt a question. When called out by a global reporter today he went on this 5 minute spiel about how things in parliament have improved and women feel safe in Ottawa etc. The reporter then called him out saying how can the liberal govt. say the military cannot investigate themselves when it comes to sexual assault but the liberal party is completely capable of investigating these matters in house?
JT has to be silent ... he went through one himself (accusation of inappropriate sexual behaviour) .. remember? Kettle can't be calling the stove black.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #2522
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Agreed. Next
Are you always this

68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #2523

Quote:
Whatever result comes from this election, assuming it will be a minority one ... and the party that triggers an election to topple the minority gov't ... will endure the kiss of death.
You think the block, Libs, Greens, block or the NDP will support the Cons in what ever bill they try to pass? The cons may try to put forward a bill one of the other parties might like but that will cause them lose support from the base.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:02 PM   #2524
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Going back a few pages but just saw this video and it's amazing how manipulated our market has been by foreign buyers. There needs to be a free market but this kind of shit never should have occurred. I'd be really interested to see what if any mortgages were like in these cases and if Canadian banks and municipalities knew the fraud that was taking place and were complicit.

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/40989...-0242ac110006/

They had to take notes from the other parties first, obviously. I remember looking one day out of curiosity and I believe I didn't find a single Liberal cabinet minister who had prior experience in the files they were handling. Freeland for example got shuffled in to replace the corrupt fraud Morneau as Minister of Finance. Her qualifications? She has a BA in Russian history and literature and an MSt in Slavonic studies then worked as a freelance journalist before entering politics. No wonder Trudeau 'doesn't think about monetary policy' when it comes to the economy, his own minister doesn't have a damn clue what she's doing either!

The 2021 CPC aren't going to change the world but they'd be a huge upgrade from the current group of totally incompetent ministers currently running the country in to the ground socially, economically, and on the global stage.
We have a drama teacher running the country, an interior designer in charge of health, and a journalist in charge of finances. Ya it does look pretty bad on paper even for a politician.

I enjoyed watching the JT smear campaigns last election but I think it really hurt the conservatives. I am glad the conservatives have toned down the JT smears and focused on what they actually want to do. Realistically, I still think we’ll end up with the same Liberal minority government. JT seemed pretty unscathed after black face and constant ethics violations which makes me think he’ll bounce back some way but I hope he doesn’t.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 10:28 PM   #2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Are you always this

You tell me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Wow, that’s as big of a DDT as I’ve ever seen in this thread hahaha

Jake the Snake would be proud.
Simple pleasures please simple minds?