REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #1251
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ Good

Now you can stop with your all conservatives are gun toting red necks BS. There are some that are social moderates.

Maybe if you stop using the extreme outlier as a strawman argument, Welfare will stop bringing up libtards.
Are they denouncing him because of what they believe or because that's what the voters want to hear? Insead of just denouncing him they should kick him out of the party.

In today's interview, he claimed something like 1/3 of conservatives feel the same way as him.

Richard Décarie is a strategic communication consultant who was Deputy Chief of Staff to Stephen Harper while he was the Leader of the Official Opposition after he became leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.[1] He had previously been Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to then Premier of Quebec Jean Charest.
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2020, 02:16 AM   #1252

Here is the interview. This guy is a real conservative.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1685267523513
Old 02-07-2020, 06:52 PM   #1253
I STILL don't get it

pipeline costs increased 12.6B

thank god all those protestors delayed progress!
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #1254

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,865 Posts
Protestors delaying every pipeline, meanwhile in Saskatchewan...

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #1255
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
With all these fucking gross protests, the blockades of rail lines etc. Basically the refusal to obey court rulings and with videos coming out of citizens trying to dismantle illegal blockades in fucking public highways and getting arrested, this is the first time I can really say I feel like Canada truly is in a bad place right now.

Terrible for investment and business, we’re shouting ourselves in the foot with the one resource we could use to transition to green energies, and we are allowing civil disobedience by essentially professional protestors who are allowed to shut down ducking cities?

Fuck this.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #1256
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
I’m with you. This is embarrassing for those of us that want to move forward with actual progress towards a future where environment is front of mind. We can’t just hit the brakes and do a fucking U-turn.
Most people are just acting on self righteousness.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #1257
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Some are resorting to what what many would equate to acts of terror...
https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...ked-1.24072539

Quote:
A bridge leading to where the Coastal GasLink pipeline project is being greeted with opposition has been repaired after RCMP noticed it had been vandalized while rounding up protesters over the weekend.

RCMP said officers noticed on Friday the support beams had been cut and some bolts loosened on Lamprey Creek Bridge, making it unsafe to support any kind of traffic. By Saturday, repairs had been completed and made safe, and a criminal investigation launched, RCMP said.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #1258
I STILL don't get it

So let’s recap..

- Protestors have shut down parts of CN Rail in order to stop a pipeline that has already been approved. The cost impacts to people, businesses and the economy is not yet known.

- Another group has occupied the front steps of the BC Legislature protesting the Gas Pipeline, which has already been approved.

- The RCMP are out in Flak jackets and fully armed taking down barricades in northern BC.

- Bill Morneau is negotiating the give away of equity in the Trans Mountain Pipeline to Native groups that have already accepted the terms and the pipeline has passed all criteria.

- The cost estimates of the pipeline expansion have just gone up 70% will soon hit $20B.

- Jagmeet Singh and the NDP are privately rewriting our most important trade agreement, the USCMA, before they agree to sign it.

- We are slated for a $30-40 Billion dollar deficit in 2020.

- Our Air Force can’t get those used planes going that the Aussie’s sold us in a garage sale.

- The 4 used submarines we bought from Britain for hundreds of millions and then spent hundreds of millions refurbishing them have yet to spend one day at sea.

- The Federal Cabinet is about to cancel approval on the last great opportunity for Alberta with the Teck expansion, a $20B project. Albertans have all but given up on the country.

- Recently accredited marine biologists have estimated the complete demise of the salmon population in BC in another 20 years.

- Canada’s GDP growth has taken last place amongst all G7 countries.

In the meantime, Trudeau is on a holiday mission in Africa doling out millions of Canadian tax payers dollars to kleptocratic and corrupt governments in an effort to win their support for a seat on the UN Security Council. Ironically, all of these governments run countries, without exception, that are fueling their economy with coal fired polluting plants built by the Chinese.

So glad the next generation sees that Trudeau has a solution for all of this. Otherwise, one might be concerned..
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #1259
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
JT have no solution. All he cares is to look good internationally...... wait he destroy his image with his Indian dance.......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2020, 02:05 PM   #1260
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,891 Posts
What is the difference between a 'band' and a 'hereditary band'. I understand 20 bands support the construction of pipeline but the hereditary ones are the ones behind protest.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #1261

When the pipe is completed JT will 750 million of taxpayers money on an ad campaign called Canada's action plan. Then buy a fleet of new cars build a fake lake and invite a bunch of foreigners to Canada for a meeting. After the meeting is over he will sell the cars at a massive loss.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #1262

Quote:
What is the difference between a 'band' and a 'hereditary band'. I understand 20 bands support the construction of pipeline but the hereditary ones are the ones behind protest.
This article may answer your question

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/elected-vs-her...ties-1.4247466
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2020, 02:41 PM   #1263

BTW, today's protest is Granville bridge.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #1264

Thanked 2,336 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
See is like this. Metro Vancouver approved Uber provincial... and you got stupid ass Doug McCallum from Surrey saying F U, not in my town.

For the last 20 years and countless bargaining, First Nations finally voted yes, but now, a tribe / new band chief within one area... says.... not in my life time...
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #1265

Why don't the elected band leaders protest the frickin hereditary band chiefs and settle it amongst themselves?

Why drag the White SJWs in?
Old 02-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #1266

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,865 Posts
I read the CTV article but it doesn't really specify what the hereditary chiefs have jurisdiction over? Without digging into a bunch of stuff it sounds like since the elected chiefs gave it the go ahead the majority of people are on board with it so I'm not super clear on why a hereditary chief not supporting it is necessarily relevant after the fact.

People protesting by blocking roadways and impeding the lives of regular citizens generally lose any support I may have had for them immediately, but I would be curious to know how many of these protestors are even members of the affected bands and not just paid protestors or members of completely unrelated bands.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:21 PM   #1267
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
So let’s recap..

- Protestors have shut down parts of CN Rail in order to stop a pipeline that has already been approved. The cost impacts to people, businesses and the economy is not yet known.

- Another group has occupied the front steps of the BC Legislature protesting the Gas Pipeline, which has already been approved.

- The RCMP are out in Flak jackets and fully armed taking down barricades in northern BC.

- Bill Morneau is negotiating the give away of equity in the Trans Mountain Pipeline to Native groups that have already accepted the terms and the pipeline has passed all criteria.

- The cost estimates of the pipeline expansion have just gone up 70% will soon hit $20B.

- Jagmeet Singh and the NDP are privately rewriting our most important trade agreement, the USCMA, before they agree to sign it.

- We are slated for a $30-40 Billion dollar deficit in 2020.

- Our Air Force can’t get those used planes going that the Aussie’s sold us in a garage sale.

- The 4 used submarines we bought from Britain for hundreds of millions and then spent hundreds of millions refurbishing them have yet to spend one day at sea.

- The Federal Cabinet is about to cancel approval on the last great opportunity for Alberta with the Teck expansion, a $20B project. Albertans have all but given up on the country.

- Recently accredited marine biologists have estimated the complete demise of the salmon population in BC in another 20 years.

- Canada’s GDP growth has taken last place amongst all G7 countries.

In the meantime, Trudeau is on a holiday mission in Africa doling out millions of Canadian tax payers dollars to kleptocratic and corrupt governments in an effort to win their support for a seat on the UN Security Council. Ironically, all of these governments run countries, without exception, that are fueling their economy with coal fired polluting plants built by the Chinese.

So glad the next generation sees that Trudeau has a solution for all of this. Otherwise, one might be concerned..
If my memory serves me right, you made a similar hyperbole-laden post pre-election? If not, then disregard. Either way, way too much hyperbole and way too little nuance.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #1268
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
If my memory serves me right, you made a similar hyperbole-laden post pre-election? If not, then disregard. Either way, way too much hyperbole and way too little nuance.
Blah blah. It was a general recap as stated, of which I believe to be valid.

There are -serious- problems infecting our country right now. Hard truth and fact is being masked by the slightest degree of disagreement or semantics.

This kind of outlook is a plague.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #1269
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Blah blah. It was a general recap as stated, of which I believe to be valid.

There are -serious- problems infecting our country right now. Hard truth and fact is being masked by the slightest degree of disagreement or semantics.

This kind of outlook is a plague.
But therein lies the problem, through generalization you've undermined the credibility of your criticisms.

You say "serious problems", but the reality is that these are better described as issues. Countries face issues all the time. This isn't the first time Canada has faced them, and it certainly won't be the last. Despite these challenges, Canada has found ways to overcome them. Things aren't as "calamitous" as you make them out to be.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #1270
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
https://twitter.com/jarmstrongbc/sta...591521792?s=21
Old 02-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #1271

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Old 02-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #1272
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
The 4 used submarines we bought from Britain for hundreds of millions and then spent hundreds of millions refurbishing them have yet to spend one day at sea.

Canada is gluttonous with first world problems and ignorant populous. It's been too good for too long and people here are SOFT. The moronic leadership we have from PM to Premieres like Horgan and City Counselors like Ben Isitt reflect the stupidity of the voting population. The video of the protestor who doesn't even know what she's protesting is a singular example of a widespread problem. Common sense, accountability, due diligence, and informed opinion have been replaced by blind passion and crying to get what you want, like a child. The country is getting exactly what it deserves on a variety of levels.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post

Canada is gluttonous with first world problems and ignorant populous. It's been too good for too long and people here are SOFT. The moronic leadership we have from PM to Premieres like Horgan and City Counselors like Ben Isitt reflect the stupidity of the voting population. The video of the protestor who doesn't even know what she's protesting is a singular example of a widespread problem. Common sense, accountability, due diligence, and informed opinion have been replaced by blind passion and crying to get what you want, like a child. The country is getting exactly what it deserves on a variety of levels.
The level of ignorance and blind virtue regarding this matter alone extend all the way to the UN.

https://nationalpost.com/news/first-...o-be-shut-down

Quote:
A Canadian First Nations chief is slamming a recent directive from a United Nations anti-racism committee after the organization called for the shutdown of an Indigenous-backed pipeline only to later admit that it did not seek Aboriginal views toward the project.

In December, the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) released a directive calling for three large-scale natural resource projects in British Columbia to be “immediately” shut down, including the Coastal GasLink natural gas pipeline that would feed into a massive export facility along the West coast. The project has signed benefit agreements with 20 Indigenous communities along its 670-kilometre route.

But in an interview with Reuters published Thursday, CERD chair Noureddine Amir admitted that the committee did not study First Nations views toward the project, saying he “did not know” that most communities supported it.
“I did not know that most First Nations agree on that,” he told Reuters. “This is something new that comes to my understanding.” He further said he did not seek out further information on the project because the role of the committee does not involve investigative work.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 02-12-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #1274
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
The level of ignorance and blind virtue regarding this matter alone extend all the way to the UN.

https://nationalpost.com/news/first-...o-be-shut-down
Yup, the UN once again proving what a useless and spineless organization it has become. Not even offering an apology to the nation and people it slanders in the report it admits it did zero due diligence in releasing. Meanwhile our PM is sucking up to it by campaigning to get on the UN Security Council while in Senegal, a country where it's illegal to be LGBTQ and is powered by oil/diesel plants. So not environmentally friendly or for equal human rights. At the same time back in Canada we have our "clean" energy LNG pipeline project making international headlines as a handful of indigenous people claim their rights are being violated. I mean you couldn't write this kind of tone-deaf hypocrisy. If it was a movie people would think it's a comedy. How the PM intends to project any of Canada's virtuous positions with a dying military he also doesn't support I have no idea.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:28 AM   #1275

We have gone full stupid.