REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-23-2023, 09:37 AM   #5301
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,332 Times in 2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ yea it's an excuse for the Western world, aka USA to build a military outpost there to "keep the peace" literally this can be stopped today Ukraine and Russia just has to talk it out, We clearly know that Ukraine has no resources of it's own to win this. They are just trying to beg their way too drag other people in. How will sending more weapons stop a war?
And so we get all the way back to square one -- should NATO just roll over and let Russia take Ukraine then? Isn't that what they did in 2014, and look where that has gotten us now? And if NATO really just rolled over and gave up on Ukraine, what do you think is going to happen to Poland and a number of other adjacent countries a few years down the road?

You do realize that Poland is right next to Germany, right?

If you think Ukraine and Russia can "just talk it out", I'd have to say you have zero understanding of how this war has been.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 09:52 AM   #5302
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,757 Times in 913 Posts
You do realize borders are imaginary and man made right? Are you gonna give your stolen Canadian land back to the natives? Give up that house? End of Sept is coming up.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 10:14 AM   #5303
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,434 Times in 5,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
And so we get all the way back to square one -- should NATO just roll over and let Russia take Ukraine then? Isn't that what they did in 2014, and look where that has gotten us now? And if NATO really just rolled over and gave up on Ukraine, what do you think is going to happen to Poland and a number of other adjacent countries a few years down the road?

If you think Ukraine and Russia can "just talk it out", I'd have to say you have zero understanding of how this war has been.
Ukraine isn’t in NATO.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #5304
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,414 Times in 3,481 Posts
Indian media is wild. This Indian politician said India should nuke Canada.
Quote:
"This issue must reach its logical end after escalation .. it should not be left in the middle .. Mr Trudeau What are you? .. Today 10 of our submarines will go from Hindustan and nuke you Canada .. What is your place?" the Indian politician said in the video.
https://twitter.com/ashoswai/status/...a-on-live-show

Indian politicians are also corrupt. 40% of Indian MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:46 PM   #5305

This is one of the most cringey things I’ve ever seen him do.. and we had to suffer through all his raw raw Covid BS…

Has any other leader the world over done this type of grandstanding lol? Like this is literally crazy.. who does he think he is lol Jesus Christ

Btw he actually outlines at some point in this that they’ve actually given 9 billion so far and that’s not gonna end any time soon.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM   #5306

Meanwhile in Canada they brought out and recognized a Nazi
Old 09-25-2023, 08:05 AM   #5307
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,931 Posts
Yah, one decade a guy can be a hero ... another, he's a devil.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:15 AM   #5308

Why the fuck are you even trying to trot out people who fought against Russia.. like are you fucking insane? Lol who fought against Russia in WW2? The nazis, Italians, and whatever fringe countries formed the axis?

No shit the guy was a nazi, he was fighting against the allied campaign in the Russians you fucking fools! Lol like Jesus Christ the guy is the most stereotypical Hitler youth, SS German you’ve ever seen even in his 90’s and because it suits your little ra-ra campaign you bring him out without figuring out the most basic detail of his life?

Only Trudeau would trot out a nazi thinking it would be a good idea because it suited a publicity stunt that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Even senile fucking joe Biden wouldn’t be this stupid.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:27 AM   #5309
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,226 Times in 7,183 Posts
It was the house speaker, who carries no alliance with any party. I was waiting for the "it's trudeaus fault" post from you without understanding what happened. I'm surprised it took as long as it did.
This brings up a bigger issue in our political system here though, is that almost everyone at every level is just plain fucking stupid. The people in government are so concerned with image that they can't even pass grade 3 social studies.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 08:35 AM   #5310

Didn’t see any clip other than Zelensky and Trudeau pointing at and praising a guy who is almost certainly a Nazi in the crowd, so figured it was Turds handy work as he seems to have a knack for situations like this

While it’s pretty clearly the house speakers fault, a quick search seems to show the party hosting these types of events should probably vet the guests being invited who they are to praise in a scripted speech lol…

Quote:
At one point, Mr Rota pointed to Mr Hunka who sat in the gallery, saying the man was "a Ukrainian hero, a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66908958.amp

I won’t put the blame directly on Turd but Jesus Christ, as you said, people are fucking dumbbbbbb

Last edited by Hondaracer; 09-25-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:04 AM   #5311
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,395 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It was the house speaker, who carries no alliance with any party. I was waiting for the "it's trudeaus fault" post from you without understanding what happened. I'm surprised it took as long as it did.
This brings up a bigger issue in our political system here though, is that almost everyone at every level is just plain fucking stupid. The people in government are so concerned with image that they can't even pass grade 3 social studies.
While the Speaker is supposed to remain impartial for his official duties they still have party allegiance because they're sitting MP's. The Speaker has been a Liberal MP since 2004, it's impossible for him to be 100% impartial. Either way the Prime Minister was made aware and approved bringing this guy in to Parliament for the dog and pony show during a foreign dignitaries visit. So long story short you're right but they're both equal fucking idiots.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 04:34 PM   #5312
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,838 Times in 2,517 Posts
did PP blame it on JT yet and demand he resign?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 04:45 AM   #5313
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,414 Times in 3,481 Posts
Indian media is fcking wild. Former ambassador from India is calming JT's plane was full of coke and he was high for 2 days.

https://organiser.org/2023/09/26/197...g-revelations/

Quote:
There is shocking revelation by the Former Indian diplomat Deepak Vohra that Justin Trudeau was high when he came to India for G20. Sniffer Dogs found cocaine on his plane. Justin Trudeau didn’t even come out of his room for two days, leaving him unable to attend G20 programmes.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:44 AM   #5314

This is a good example of why I'm willing to go on the defence for canada when people overuse terms like facism, and accuse the media of lying all the time. The media here totally puts a spin on things, right or left pending the outlet, but no one's just sitting on the shitter making up random rumours and passing it off as fact. That's fucking pathetic.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 07:13 AM   #5315
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,704 Times in 5,217 Posts
I have friends who did the most simple things like volunteer for Team Canada at the Beijing Olympics and Sochi Olympics and in both places anytime they left any venue obviously had agents and police following them and were told to not bring phones or other devices or let these agents bump into them because they'd be cloning phones and doing all kinds of espionage... one person did bring their phone somewhere and "lost" it and then it magically appeared again on another table and the CSIS people with them took the phone and isolated it, they found it was full of backdoor software already.

When people talk about living in fascist states and then indicate they live in places like Canada, they have no fucking idea what they're talking about. Like... zero... none at all. We're not even on the spectrum governmentally.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 08:08 AM   #5316

Thanked 4,862 Times in 1,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

Yeah, appeasement has always historically been fantastic policy, one which is guaranteed to stop agressors and prevent them from conducting future invasions and conquering more territory....

*looks up European History 1938-9*

Ah Crap!

As I mentioned in the other Ukraine War thread, NATO is only as good as a member country's pledge to support it. To date only the US has ever invoked article 5 after 9/11. It has never been invoked in european conflict. Only a few years ago the USA had a president advocating for them leaving NATO altogether. I can't imagine Bud and Cleetus in Alabama are going to give more of a fuck if Russia wants to take a slice of Poland or Lithuania than they currently do about Ukraine. There is no guarantee of support. Much better to provide funds to stop the cancer from being able to spread now, then trying to fight it later with your own bodies.

Side note: Due to Russian sanctions, Canada's potash industry is having a huge boom, shipping double the tonnage per year over 2021...
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 09-26-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 08:59 AM   #5317

Lol you think Google, Apple, bezos and Elon doesn't have all your nudes, and vids of your car sex
Old 09-26-2023, 08:59 AM   #5318
Performance Moderator

I knew I should have bought potash stonks when I had the chance
Old 09-26-2023, 09:15 AM   #5319

Hahahaha

Poland now taking steps to extradite buddy that was dragged up for being a “Canadian hero”

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6978266

You can’t write this shit
Old 09-26-2023, 09:27 AM   #5320
Performance Moderator

it's so weird that dude wanted to be there and reached out... he had to have known that if his name hit anything resembling a headline there'd be calls for extradition and tribunals
Old 09-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #5321

At 98 I assume he didn't understand a ton. Would be cool if canada didn't let nazis live out their golden years here though.
This is by far the most embarrassing thing canada has done in recent memory, and there should be at least one job lost because of it, if not more.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 10:00 AM   #5322
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,590 Times in 4,304 Posts
Just watch the Liberal government is going to ignore it until it goes away. No one is going to get fired or even reprimanded over it either.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #5323
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,560 Times in 847 Posts
Rota stepped down just now, did he not

homie retired a few years early
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:45 AM   #5324
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,590 Times in 4,304 Posts
Hopefully more people fall from this, Rota can't be the only causality.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...0c370b26&ei=14
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 11:19 AM   #5325

Personally I think every MP that stood up and cheered should be replaced.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: