REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #26
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
I don't really consider pick-pocketing and opportunistic theft as a safety issue. It's literally something that can happen anywhere in the world. Rule for me is don't bring anything out with me I can't afford to lose. This is the rule for anything from heading out to dinner in Kits to walking around a sketchy Latin American neighborhood at night.

Things I would consider as safety issues would be a high prevalence of:
Violent Robbery (muggings)
Sexual harassment
Terrorism (sadly a fact in most Western countries now)
Political instability (demonstrations, riots)

Ironically, Eastern Europe has less of the latter 2 issues than Western Europe nowadays.
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #27
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
i will give tiger the BENEFIT of the doubt, most of the time, its not the dude, it's the wife / gf/ sign other who are not as adventurous.

i traveled to europe once and my gf was scared as fuck to stay in the air b n b apartment herself (we had the whole apartment). Again, some are not as educated as well as "my mom and dad kept telling me blah blah blah etc".

high # of people say to be careful of pick pocket in china / barcelona / hong kong... never had an issue.. yet my mom still wears her purse in the front when she's walking around Richmond....
This. She skipped on my trip to India to see Taj in Dec. She will not come to see Egypt pyramids. She will not go to mexico. She says certain countries it's better to go as husband + waifu and less chance of issues. I'm not a woman so I'll trust her call on this.

Thanks to all for suggestions. Keep them coming. I'm also considering Italy due to leaning tower

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #28
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,333 Times in 5,645 Posts
Egypt is kinda sketch but the rest are typically aight..

If you go to Pisa the French Rivera is only about 1.5-2 hours north and the cinque terre is about the same south. Both are fantastic, easy going places. However, I’d say Nice feels more dangerous/grimy than a place like Berlin even as the influx of African migrants. This is actually quite visible and isn’t somthing that’s just mentioned for the sake of fearmongering.

Cinque terre is sick af

Pisa is nothing but the leaning tower, and that’s 2 hours (4 if you wait to go up maybe)

So there’s a lot of time to fill outside of that