REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Honda E Prototype (Urban EV) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715893-honda-e-prototype-urban-ev.html)

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 06:25 AM

Honda E Prototype (Urban EV)

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...ve-e-prototype

almost production ready, this thing looks so damn cute!

https://www.topgear.com/sites/defaul...?itok=MQgACd2I

https://www.topgear.com/sites/defaul...?itok=t-iFU3IE

https://www.topgear.com/sites/defaul...?itok=kQECwl3n

anti-vip 02-27-2019 06:49 AM

just saw the video. looks great but its gonna be pricey

Badhobz 02-27-2019 06:50 AM

Id probably crosshop between these 2. This ratrolla sedan has a really fugly front, but god damn is that MPG amazing.

twitchyzero 02-27-2019 06:58 AM

i mean it doesn't have to be as bare as a Model 3 but why does it look like a goddamn command center in there?

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8940836)
i mean it doesn't have to be as bare as a Model 3 but why does it look like a goddamn command center in there?

lol the screens are kinda crazy but I love the flat wood that stretches across the dash. it reminds me of the straight dash from EF

Spoon 02-27-2019 07:19 AM

So it's not distracted driving if the manufacturer basically installs a smartphone with 5 screens in the car?

Hondaracer 02-27-2019 07:24 AM

Pretty nice, the screens are a little much though

Great68 02-27-2019 07:27 AM

Kind of harkens back to the look of the 1st gen civics. I like it!

bcrdukes 02-27-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 8940842)
Kind of harkens back to the look of the 1st gen civics. I like it!

+1

The design cues certainly resonate the 1st gen Civics, which is quite neat. Let's hope they don't rust like them. :D

Great68 02-27-2019 08:39 AM

I have a soft spot for the 1st gen civics, my mom had one (not sure what year, maybe '77) she bought brand new as her first car. I was brought home from the hospital in that car.

For some stupid reason she decided to just give it away to one of my cousins for free in the mid 90's, he wasn't even a very close cousin (who sold it a year later to buy a rusty MK2 golf)

If that car was still around when I turned driving age, I'd have it and probably would have been a Civic guy today instead of a Mustang guy :P

dinfung 02-27-2019 08:59 AM

I am really liking the Urban EV. hope they will actually come with 5 seats and not 4.

Bender Unit 02-27-2019 09:50 AM

I read they will initial release in Europe
and then Japan

No mention of North America................ :(

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 8940856)
I read they will initial release in Europe
and then Japan

No mention of North America................ :(

kinda make sense... no one wants a short range EV within NA.

Great68 02-27-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 (Post 8940862)

I don't understand this. If you can charge at home, how many people really need more than 200km a day?

Bender Unit 02-27-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 (Post 8940862)

the majority of EV available today
Most are around 200km driving range
Leaf, E-Golf, A3 Etron....

Except Model 3

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 11:39 AM

The new leaf will have 360km of range but yea the fact is its hard to charge an ev in vancouver.

Living with a few EVs in the past year is actually quite difficult if you don't live in a house. I was not able to run power from my apartment and my work didn't have a plug-in. So what I ended up doing was going to the mall to charge. Metro having only 7 chargers means its generally taken up.

When I had the Smart EV which only had about 100km of range was a headache. I kept having to go to Market Crossing to charge the car and sit inside Starbucks or Tim Hortons and waited. Worse was when another car would pull up taking up 1/2 the current and increasing the charge time.

Berzerker 02-27-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 (Post 8940869)
The new leaf will have 360km of range but yea the fact is its hard to charge an ev in vancouver.

Living with a few EVs in the past year is actually quite difficult if you don't live in a house. I was not able to run power from my apartment and my work didn't have a plug-in. So what I ended up doing was going to the mall to charge. Metro having only 7 chargers means its generally taken up.

When I had the Smart EV which only had about 100km of range was a headache. I kept having to go to Market Crossing to charge the car and sit inside Starbucks or Tim Hortons and waited. Worse was when another car would pull up taking up 1/2 the current and increasing the charge time.

And yet they want Vancouver to be gas free by when? lol

Berz out.

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8940875)
And yet they want Vancouver to be gas free by when? lol

Berz out.

I mean it is getting better, especially DT.

The only thing is I live in Burnaby and work in Burnaby commute isn't long at about 15km but with a bit of hills and what not it gets a bit dicy.

GS8 02-27-2019 02:17 PM

Can it take a selfie? :ahwow:

My friend just bought a Kona EV (which looks 1000x better than the gas version) and it supposedly gets 415km of range.

IMASA 02-27-2019 02:33 PM

My dad just bought a Kona EV. I believe if you want the battery to last, you're supposed to only use around 80% capacity, so the range isn't really 415km, but that's still pretty good.

His commute is only around 20km each way and he charges it once a week or so.

AzNightmare 02-27-2019 02:34 PM

EV is great and all, but I don't find EV charging readily available enough yet at this point, and it still takes extra effort to make sure you can find a spot to charge up.

I park on the street at home so I don't have a convenient way to charge up.

Gas is expensive and all, although I've personally never considered it too expensive to the point I would rather drive EV to cut costs. I have no issue with the range, but I just don't want to worry about not being able to find places to charge up when I need to. Not really practical for my lifestyle. I have friends that pre-plan everywhere they go and select restaurants to go eat out based on whether it's close enough to a charging station, lol.

prudz 02-27-2019 03:27 PM

I would actually buy one of these. Dig the car inside and out. Roughly 200km is a good enough range for in the city.

asian_XL 02-27-2019 03:47 PM

the screen reminds me of this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCD4jmHW0Ac_4kw.jpg

Hondaracer 02-27-2019 06:12 PM

Personally I wouldn’t even consider an EV that didn’t get at least 600km. 1000 would be ideal. It’s not so much in day to day use, it’s the 6-10 trips a year where I don’t want to stop 3 times for half an hour to charge.

A few people at work have Model X’s and they park them on the street. They use those like rubber car ramps to conceal the cable over the sidewalk when charging..kinda ghetto

Anyone interested in an EV should be doing research regarding chargers. Because my understanding is that only Tesla’s can use the “supercharger”? Where as Tesla’s can use any charger with the adapter?

!Aznboi128 02-27-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8940899)
Personally I wouldn’t even consider an EV that didn’t get at least 600km. 1000 would be ideal. It’s not so much in day to day use, it’s the 6-10 trips a year where I don’t want to stop 3 times for half an hour to charge.

A few people at work have Model X’s and they park them on the street. They use those like rubber car ramps to conceal the cable over the sidewalk when charging..kinda ghetto

Anyone interested in an EV should be doing research regarding chargers. Because my understanding is that only Tesla’s can use the “supercharger”? Where as Tesla’s can use any charger with the adapter?

Correct, only Tesla can use their superchargers however there are DC fast chargers around town which is pretty quick but those are paid rather than free like regular chargers.