REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 03-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #26
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
i see older people doing simple jobs all the time. i don't look down at them for doing them, and they shouldn't feel ashamed to do them either. older people have less to prove and while it may be a little sad to see a very able bodied 40 year old being a walmart greeter, when you're at retirement age most people just want a comfortable job with a little social interaction.
Advertisement
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
skip the dishes
drive around delivering food to people. the work isn't super physical and you set your own hours. just need a car, a phone and a warm bag
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Maybe join a makerspace. They are not for profit workspaces for woodworking metalworking 3d printing programming and whatever else you can think of. A lot of them also do workshops and classes.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I think driving is his best route. Just need to find the right position.
Unfortunately driving is a pretty basic thing. Pretty much anybody with a heartbeat can fill a drivers seat, so pay for basic things like parts/shuttle drivers dont climb far above minimum wage (especially with the jacking up of minimum wage that's happening).

Unless your old man, is going to drive a cab, or a bus, or get his class 1 or something, I just dont see him hitting a pay of anything higher than 20 bucks an hour with a basic driving job.

The only other "driving" option I can think of that I often see able bodied retirees doing is hot shot work. I use hot shots quite often, but its less common in places like vancouver, but in cities like whitehorse, kamloops, prince george, there is always a need for drivers who are willing to get behind the wheel of a pickup and trailer and drive 10+ hours to bring something somewhere to someone.

If the point of this job is just to get him filling his time, then I dont see why $5 bucks an hour is hanging you up so hard, it hardly seems the point.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote