REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #26
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The US (pretty much all western countries) is built around exploiting people for empire building... even if it means enslaving people to this day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly25hmMzTdc
Because Eastern countries aren't like that?
Advertisement
adamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

Many garbage eastern countries are also puppets to western rulers... they see countries as farms and people as cattle. The object of the game is to make as much capital as possible without breaking the system.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Many garbage eastern countries are also puppets to western rulers... they see countries as farms and people as cattle. The object of the game is to make as much capital as possible without breaking the system.
Why don't you grow some balls and move to Iran? There you can turn into a woman and marry the man of your dreams.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29832690
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

I have to bank my money first... cant go there as a beggar and expect to marry up to 4 wives.
In Iran, the government works with the people to own a home... where as western ideals are to systematically drug and bankrupt people before their engineered early death.. as Henry Kissinger puts it...

Irans Mehr Housing project; short video clip (free land and loans for millions)
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/...using-project-

edit only $6000 for an apartment.
Spoiler!

Meanwhile in Seattle and Vancouver things will never change... peasants will always be running the rat race so they can afford to live under a roof on stolen Native America land.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-06-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:22 AM   #30
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
I have to bank my money first... cant go there as a beggar and expect to marry up to 4 wives.
In Iran, the government works with the people to own a home... where as western ideals are to systematically drug and bankrupt people before their engineered early death.. as Henry Kissinger puts it...
He never wrote that. Show me what page that quote is on to prove me wrong.

I am sure you can sell your cardboard body kit cars there and afford to live there.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:37 AM   #31
I don't get it

Yes they should just give them more tax dollars and let them fix the problem.
Even the construction workers knew better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I watched the documentary a few days ago, and I found it somewhat slanted. KOMO News is owned my Sinclair Broadcast Group, a conservative company that propagates these pro-police narratives throughout the stations they own throughout America.

The doc just smelt a little slanted to me, clearly pushing a certain conservative agenda, weighing heavily on "anonymous" police statements. Granting police more "power" is not the answer, that mentality does not work, and hasn't worked.

It's functionally a problem with US culture specifically towards drug addiction, and mental health. The lack of a true social safety net that Canada for example carries, is a major reason why Seattle looks the way it does. Simple prosecution of drug addicts, throwing them in jail, and granting police more power to do so does not fix this problem.

Americans need to open their eyes to a more holistic approach to drug addiction, to empower and rehabilitate these people, and address their mental illnesses. I do like how the documentary briefly touched on that idea, but I was not a fan of them pushing the agenda of bringing back a "3 strikes you're out" type of law.

You might think the DTES is bad, but in fact Vancouver is doing a pretty decent job at addressing the problem the best we can, of course more needs to be done, but we're no where near Seattle's issue.

I agree with Honda, I've never been a fan of Seattle, never liked the vibe of the city, and certainly not a fan of the downtown area. Vancouver could very easily be like Seattle, we are lucky we have a proper social safety net in place that somewhat stops that from happening, as someone said above though, this is a problem in most major US cities, especially on the coasts.

This is a social-economic problem, plain and simple, which the coastal cities have a major issue with.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
He never wrote that. Show me what page that quote is on to prove me wrong..
He was supposedly overheard saying that but Kissinger ran in those kind of circles... the policies are pretty evident from the past to present. Watch the documentary of cut, burn and poison, and you see that they are whole slaughtering millions with unnecessary Chemo treatment.

Only upto the 70's did the US stop forced sterilizations... Im sure many people in Seattle and Vancouver would fit the criteria of criminality and alcoholism which is system engineered addiction and being poor.

btw Bush had nominated Kissinger as head of 9/11 taskforce.
youtube.com/watch?v=ORIU7vPiiV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
I am sure you can sell your cardboard body kit cars there and afford to live there.
Im sure too, but I cant just go there broke and start carving out kits without a CNC machine and workshop.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Yes they should just give them more tax dollars and let them fix the problem.
Even the construction workers knew better than that.
Riiiiight, cause that's EXACTLY what I said, right?

When in my post did I state that more tax dollars should be collected for this issue?

You do realize that allotting the police more powers to arrest, and detain drug addicts in jail, also costs huge tax dollars? Based on your logic, that would also be a further appropriation of tax dollars to the problem.

What I've been saying is that American law enforcement and the DEA need to take a fundamental look at how they view the war on drugs. It simply isn't working, and is a massive waste of money.

Instead of vilifying a drug user, as this documentary does, why not appropriate dollars in a better way to rehabilitate these people? This ridiculous no tax, libertarian mentality does not work, plain and simple. I've traveled through the States and I see the same thing in their major cities, abject poverty of the likes one would see in third world countries.

You simply do not see the same level of poverty in major cities within Canada due to our social safety net. Yes we pay more taxes, but I would much prefer a safer and more ethical society than the likes I see in a lot of these American cities, it's damn depressing. I always feel a sense of unease in Seattle whenever I enter that city, I find myself wanting to get the fuck out of there as soon as I can. I can't explain it, the city has a bad energy, it just feels sad.

Many of these people on the street, you don't know their stories. Any one of us can end up in the same predicament as them, working in corrections taught me that from my dealings with some of these folks. One bad decision, one major bump in life can easily result you in such circumstances.

We are all connected as human beings in this society, learn to carry some more compassion for these people, and better yourself as a person.

On a side note, we were at Calabash last night for drinks and dancing, and inevitably I ended up walking the DTES looking for a damn cab home @ 2 AM for about 40 minutes. As usual, I never felt any sense of danger on unease from the people around me. I would definitely not feel that same way walking areas of Seattle at night.

If the price on that means more taxes, I'll take it.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Finding a solution that costs money is always just "throwing tax dollars" at something according to anyone that doesn't believe or acknowledge that the solution proposed could work.
It seems the common thread between people with no empathy for people with addictions either
A) Have never had a real meaningful interaction with anyone with that issue.
B) Overcome that issue themselves and have the "If I can do it why can't they" attitude.
Some people will just never have the interest in putting in the effort to understanding someone else problems unfortunately, and will just go on considering those around them who don't benefit them a burden.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #35
I don't get it

Of course those that are willing to throw money at the problem are rarely the ones that are paying 40+% taxes either. Go figure.
I'm all for the Portugal model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Finding a solution that costs money is always just "throwing tax dollars" at something according to anyone that doesn't believe or acknowledge that the solution proposed could work.
It seems the common thread between people with no empathy for people with addictions either
A) Have never had a real meaningful interaction with anyone with that issue.
B) Overcome that issue themselves and have the "If I can do it why can't they" attitude.
Some people will just never have the interest in putting in the effort to understanding someone else problems unfortunately, and will just go on considering those around them who don't benefit them a burden.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: