REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
i don't what the big deal is with admission & cost of food.

Same shit people pay for PNE for the same shit. There's always a cost of doing business. As for food being expensive, well that's a given. Sorry this ain't no Thailand / malaysia street food; so paying 1.5 - 2 dollars for a skew is pretty normal nowadays. Heck, cost of inflation yo.

Admit me (and me too), we are just older that's why, when we were kids (minus online shopping), we are all over that shit... remember it first started off at Lansdowne mall back in 01

North Van is a bit less intimating but you really ain't getting the same experience.
Advertisement
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #27
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Difference is that PNE actually has shows and other things for people to do once you go inside.

The only thing night market has are food stalls and booths that sell China crap that you can order off Aliexpress for cheaper.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #28
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
PNE never gets old.......... It's too bad they got rid of the Show Mart.

I haven't been on the wooden roller coaster in decades. It's time to ride it again.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,337 Times in 5,647 Posts
Corkscrew is gone with plans on the expansion.

PNE you pay to get in then you don’t have to spend a dime to take in free shows and assuments. Night market = pay to pay
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I live in Abby and moving to Deroche soon, sadly living this far out it would take me less time to fly to winnipeg then driving to the night market
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
How much was admission last year?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #32
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I live in Abby and moving to Deroche soon, sadly living this far out it would take me less time to fly to winnipeg then driving to the night market
You sold Mission and went to Abby?

As for RNM, whatever, it's an outing for the family. Go for a walk, get some different food, kid gets to play a couple of games and I see what my next Ebay order will include. It's basically an excuse for the family to get out and do something.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #33
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
so paying 1.5 - 2 dollars for a skew is pretty normal nowadays. Heck, cost of inflation yo.
At least 5 bucks for one skewer at the night market last year I went.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Go when is close to closing. Usually the food is cheaper to
striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #35
MG1

I went to the Coquitlam Farmers Market for the first time ever. It was interestingly different. I can't wait for the FM at Dude Chilling Park to open.

Anyway, there was this East Indian food truck at the Coquitlam FM, can't remember the name of it, but it had these deep fried chips made of either naan type bread or wrap that they included on the side of their main choices. So addictive. My kids are like, really, dad? Subtle spice flavour with some salt. It came with one of the offerings, but I ordered a bag of them for two bucks. Gotta go back next week just for that, lol. It's probably nothing special. kkthind probably has it all the time.

Rocky Point Ice Cream truck was there along with this frenchie baked goods vendor. Pretty good shit. No Chiggers in sight......... just a smattering of CBC's and some Koreans. A good ratio. Quiet and peaceful........ Then there was this dude who was selling Koji Miso soup balls. He was telling his customers how special his miso was. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't anything special. Hell, Amano Miso, a locally made organic miso is 1001 times better. My brother-in-law's side of the family in Japan makes this miso called Kinzanji Miso. Kinzanji miso itself is nothing special, but they make this one batch once a year that is so amazing that it is served at the Japanese Imperial Palace. It is never sold to the public, but I got to taste it once when brother-in-law's mother brought a small amount back from Japan. And let me tell you, it is heavenly.

It's just that when someone touts their product to be special, it damn well better be. Dude's packaging was good and everything looks very appealing, but the proof is in the pudding. I tried the sample he was giving out, but to truly get the idea of how good miso soup is, you need to have more than just a thimble sized sample.

Anyway, this thread is now about Farmer's Markets and miso soup, gulolol.

Last edited by MG1; 05-13-2019 at 07:01 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #36
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I went to the Coquitlam Farmers Market for the first time ever. It was interestingly different. I can't wait for the FM at Dude Chilling Park to open.

Anyway, there was this East Indian food truck at the Coquitlam FM, can't remember the name of it, but it had these deep fried chips made of either naan type bread or wrap that they included on the side of their main choices. So addictive. My kids are like, really, dad? Subtle spice flavour with some salt. It came with one of the offerings, but I ordered a bag of them for two bucks. Gotta go back next week just for that, lol. It's probably nothing special. kkthind probably has it all the time.

Rocky Point Ice Cream truck was there along with this frenchie baked goods vendor. Pretty good shit. No Chiggers in sight......... just a smattering of CBC's and some Koreans. A good ratio. Quiet and peaceful........ Then there was this dude who was selling Koji Miso soup balls. He was telling his customers how special his miso was. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't anything special. Hell, Amano Miso, a locally made organic miso is 1001 times better. My brother-in-law's side of the family in Japan makes this miso called Kinzanji Miso. Kinzanji miso itself is nothing special, but they make this one batch once a year that is so amazing that it is served at the Japanese Imperial Palace. It is never sold to the public, but I got to taste it once when brother-in-law's mother brought a small amount back from Japan. And let me tell you, it is heavenly.

It's just that when someone touts their product to be special, it damn well better be. Dude's packaging was good and everything looks very appealing, but the proof is in the pudding. I tried the sample he was giving out, but to truly get the idea of how good miso soup is, you need to have more than just a thimble sized sample.

went to the trout lake farmers market on the weekend and it was solid.

if the frying pan food truck is there they got bomb ass fried chicken sandwiches and beef bulgogi fries
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #37
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
if the frying pan food truck is there they got bomb ass fried chicken sandwiches and beef bulgogi fries
They’ve been at the Winter Farmers Market at Nat Bailey every two to three weeks. If they weren’t there, the other guys with KFC were. I think they’re called Disco Cheetah. Frying Pan is still my favourite.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 PM   #38
MG1

I went to both Burnaby FM and the Trout Lake one last Saturday. I usually go to the Riley Park (Nat Bailey), but two is my limit, lol.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #39

The guys who do Flaffel out of their food truck make some really good dishes as well, they were at Hastings most of the time
Old 05-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Lol, should have just renamed this thread as the "Official Richmond Night Market Sucks" thread.

2 pages in, and I don't think there was a single positive post about it yet.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #41
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
this is true and its funny as fuck now.

i recall last year everyone said.."phone cases & shitty hurricane potato sticks"
Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Lol, should have just renamed this thread as the "Official Richmond Night Market Sucks" thread.

2 pages in, and I don't think there was a single positive post about it yet.
that's cuz rs doesn't have those shitty basic youtube lifestyle influencer vloggers who all smile and say that everything is amazing (thank god)

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #43
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

Where is is located in Coq?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #44
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
that's cuz rs doesn't have those shitty basic youtube lifestyle influencer vloggers who all smile and say that everything is amazing (thank god)
LOL does any forum board? Every board I've been on has been a cesspit of negativity and cynicism....which is awesome!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #45
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Yeah, those beef and lamb skewers at the Richmond night mkt are overpriced. Having said that, I'm still gonna order them at the market.

The best time to get a discount on those skewers is in the last hour of night market when the vendor needs to get rid of inventory. I bargained with the vendor that wears the headset by offering four bucks for 10 skewers. What a deal.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #46
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
The last time I went, I spent almost $70 between me and my gf. Instant regret, could have had way better sit down meal instead of stale chow mien, rubbery shrimp dumpling. $10 for a fruit drink and $5 lamb skewers.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #47

There’s somthing about wasting money on food that really cuts deep

I could go spend a couple hundred on some stupid shit but $10-$15 on some shitty, regrettable food. That shit burns
Old 05-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #48
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
They’ve been at the Winter Farmers Market at Nat Bailey every two to three weeks. If they weren’t there, the other guys with KFC were. I think they’re called Disco Cheetah. Frying Pan is still my favourite.
Disco Cheetah has a restaurant on Davie downtown now.

I got these bomb ass japanese chocolates from Coconama at the trout lake FM and holy fuck they are good
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #49
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
The last time I went, I spent almost $70 between me and my gf. Instant regret, could have had way better sit down meal instead of stale chow mien, rubbery shrimp dumpling. $10 for a fruit drink and $5 lamb skewers.
Definitely don't want to bring your date to dine at the night market.
Made that mistake back then.

With their prices in order to get full, you can take her to the keg and get some beers on top.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #50
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
$80 spent between two people... Got dragged along even though I insisted I rather spend the $ in an actual restaurant....

Something about Instagram and girlfriends wanting to go....

Fuck me, felt hungry still and had a bad shit afterwards.

$14 for 5 skewers was worth it. Chicken hearts is bomb

Everything else, not!

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote