REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #26
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
83% of all stats are made up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #27
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Unless you can provide a source, I would say that statistically that statement is 50% likely to be true, and 50% likely to be false...

-Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
83% of all stats are made up anyway.
^ the lives of the party. If you're not having fun, no one will.

Like I said, read it somwhere down the line between my two wives. But a quick search found this: https://divorce.lovetoknow.com/Divor...iving_Together

Last edited by Zedbra; 05-14-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #28
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Stay single folks, 100% of all marriages end either in divorce or the death of one or both partners.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 05-14-2019 at 02:36 PM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Hair. Hair everywhere.
Unless the dude also has long hair...then oh gawd
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #30
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ LOL She already have tons of hair around the place. She have to clean it daily.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #31
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. HappySlip

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #32
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. HappySilp
Old 05-24-2019, 09:36 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
"imagine telling someone you love them so much lets get the government involved
Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Hair. Hair everywhere.
this so fucking much haha

was not use to having hair on the ground after i vacuum......

like hair would come out a second i would turn the vacuum off!!

its annoying

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #35
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
sorry to thread jack; happy for you being able to work thru

my x gf now and I collapsed because she wanted a wedding and for me to pay for it. Love her lots but I ain't able to fulfill her with her ideal wedding. Wedding is a partnership and 2 people will require to contribute, sad to say if the gf ain't goign to contribute / help out / see the wedding as something we both need to chip in, it's best to just part ways.

Lastly, I'm not going to sell my apartment nor goign to ask my family for money to get married; just not economical and not the way to go. Remember, we should all live within our means (paying for wedding is a big one)
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #36
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
my x gf now and I collapsed because she wanted a wedding and for me to pay for it. Love her lots but I ain't able to fulfill her with her ideal wedding. Wedding is a partnership and 2 people will require to contribute, sad to say if the gf ain't goign to contribute / help out / see the wedding as something we both need to chip in, it's best to just part ways.

Lastly, I'm not going to sell my apartment nor goign to ask my family for money to get married; just not economical and not the way to go. Remember, we should all live within our means (paying for wedding is a big one)
No offence to your ex, but me thinks her request / behaviour is indicative of how she would likely have continued to behave had the 2 of you gotten married -- instead of sharing the costs / burdens / responsibilities, she is going to expect you to step up and bear it all.

So IMO, you're better off bailing / breaking it off -- I'd even go as far as saying that you've dodge a bullet, really. At the same time, I hope the girl had learned something from the relationship as well.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #37
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

i'm sorry to hear that but honestly you are better off.
weddings truly don't mean anything. i've seen people spend thousands on a wedding only to get divorced anyway.

a lot of women don't seem to remember/care that the wedding industry is just a business and it's not indicative of a couple's love/strength to withstand hardships. even engagement rings.... it doesn't need to be a multi carat diamond to prove you guys are solid.

my partner and i are in talks of getting married and for both us, elopement then just having a simple bbq/dinner when we get back to celebrate with family and friends is enough.

you just need to find someone who has the same values as you
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #38
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
No offence to your ex, but me thinks her request / behaviour is indicative of how she would likely have continued to behave had the 2 of you gotten married -- instead of sharing the costs / burdens / responsibilities, she is going to expect you to step up and bear it all.

So IMO, you're better off bailing / breaking it off -- I'd even go as far as saying that you've dodge a bullet, really. At the same time, I hope the girl had learned something from the relationship as well.
Is going to be a small wedding. Actually two weddings to be exact. One wedding in Van and one back in China. Both will be small just relatives. I am paying for the one in Van and she is paying for the one in China since a lot of her relatives didn't/can't get a Visa to come. We are planing to have small ceremony in the wedding and have marriage commissioner come over to my place with relatives to witness the marriage, have some cake, fruits and snack and do the whole tea thing (have to offer tea the my elderly relatives). Then off we go to have dim sum. Afterwards we are going to take pics since my sister in law is a photographer the pic should be decent. Then have dinner around 30 people. She is planning to use one of her party dress she had before so we didn't get a wedding gowns or rent it. I am just going to use my suit which is good enough.

Going back to China in Sept again it will be relatives only that's where we are going to hire a professional photogrpaher since is much much cheaper in China and the quality is almost the same or cheaper but they have more styles.

Wedding is suppose to be two people coming together and celebrate but now it seems the couple that's suppose to be happy and exicted are stress just with the planning and financial burden. Not to mention the bride and groom aren't even having fun on their big day but rather they are more worry about the guest, how did the wedding turn out and barely had time to eat or relax. The whole day is just stress stress stress. Seen it happen with so many friend's wedding and my sister. I rather not have to deal with it at all.

She actually wanted a more simple wedding lol like just have a big party at the party room in either one of our apartments and just order some pizza, fried rice, noodles etc and get it over with. But my parents wanted something more traditional. I think she is more of a cheapstake than I am lol.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:08 PM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
l

my partner and i are in talks of getting married and for both us, elopement then just having a simple bbq/dinner when we get back to celebrate with family and friends is enough.
That is literally what my wife and I did last year. Just her and I eloped in Banff, came back and had a big rager bbq reception in Steveston at a family members home catered by Memphis blues. If we could do it over, we wouldn’t change a thing (and everyone still says to us “if we ever get married, THATS how we want it”.

Message me if you want deets

Spoiler!
Old 06-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #40
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
That is literally what my wife and I did last year. Just her and I eloped in Banff, came back and had a big rager bbq reception in Steveston at a family members home catered by Memphis blues. If we could do it over, we wouldn’t change a thing (and everyone still says to us “if we ever get married, THATS how we want it”.

Spoiler!
Dear God, what a beautiful photo!

What lake is this?
If you don't mind me asking, how much did your elopement run you guys in total for Banff?

My brother is getting married again (his 2nd) and he was looking at Banff for a reception venue but just the venue rental alone was almost 20g's.

I think I was put off by that and didn't even think about an elopement there.

I was brainstorming Vegas originally LOL my skin is really nice there because of the dry heat.

That picture is making me reassess though..........
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:11 PM   #41

That was moraine lake in Banff, about 10 minutes away from lake Louise, where the large fairmont hotel is. There is a small hotel at moraine lake (very private) with a lovely honeymoon suite, which was about $1000/night. We worked with a lovely couple from ‘elope banff’. The wife is the planner who handles all of the paperwork and organizing, and her husband is the photographer (head photographer for team canada olympics, amazing). They also take care of hair, make up, officiant, flowers etc. You really do just show up and get married. Message me and I can get the names from my wife and exact places.

Edit: I think the elope with extra photo time was about $2500, I’d have to ask my wife.

We did the ceremony early morning lake side. There were tourists around already, but they LOVED IT. it was actually really nice. Makes your day feel so special when 1000 people say “awwww congratulations”

Spoiler!

Last edited by 320icar; 06-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #42
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

You guys are god damn saints in this thread.

I could barely keep my 3 years relationship. I am happy single at the moment and love it I don't have to wait for anyone when I do things, but watching friends at my age got married and getting married adds to the pressure.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #43
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
When you find the right person, it really becomes as easy as pie. And then you wonder why the heck it had to be so crazy and ridiculously difficult before.

Granted, I am quite aware that not everyone is as lucky as some of us. To this day, I continue to be amazed by how incredibly lucky I am to run into my life partner.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #44
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKeeper View Post
You guys are god damn saints in this thread.

I could barely keep my 3 years relationship. I am happy single at the moment and love it I don't have to wait for anyone when I do things, but watching friends at my age got married and getting married adds to the pressure.
If i dont' have kids so be it, I'll leave it to God / stars alignment / fate. If I do, i just don't want to have a huge age gap that's all.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #45

Is been almost a month (one day left) since we got marry. Things are doing good. She pushes me to exercise more (swimming or walking around parks daily), going to the mall just to window shop(again trying to get me to off the computer), cook more healthy foods. We also went to strawberry picking, blueberry picking, hiking, etc etc. Overall happy life. Things did change for sure. Not sure why she likes to spot vacuum everyday when I am going to vacuum the place weekly or like to start the laundry every few days instead of waiting till the laundry basket is full and do one full load. Also not sure why she feels it is more clean to hand wash some of the clothes (the clothing can be put into the washer) or run very hot water to wash dishes.

Otherwise everything is fine there are.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #46
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
ASIANS

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
ASIANS
I think so lol. Still don't get why a lot Asian female thing is cleaner to wash underwear and socks with hands vs washer......
Old 07-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #48
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Quote:

Spoiler!
We had our wedding as a fairly elaborate backyard BBQ at my parents place catered by smoke and bones in North Van, the whole thing was over 25k lol

Depending on how you do it, it’s orovably cheaper to actually go somewhere that has catering depending on how crazy you go lol
Old 07-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #49

25k!?!?! Jesus Christ bruh
Old 07-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #50
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Quote:
25k!?!?! Jesus Christ bruh
Things add up when you have to rent or buy literally everything. It was somthing we didn’t really anticipate lol

Catering, booze, a DJ, all tables chairs utensils, toilet rental, etc etc.

Albeit we did have like 100 people

Oh and we had a couple local painters live paint our wedding on site..which was a deal at the time for what they charge now but that was a nice chunk of change lol