REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #151
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
1400KG tow capacity, what the shit is that. That’s rav4 territory. Lol
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #152
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
https://www.autotrader.com.au/toyota...-capacity/2003

Like any other truck, it depends how you order it. 7700lbs is well over what my trailers/loads are.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #153
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
But can you get them in LHD? I searched for a while for an older diesel offering of this style truck. They only seem to use them in the wrong parts of the world... except maybe Korea
Nothing in Central America?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #154
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coneZONE View Post
the one and only electric truck i'd advocate for is the Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series electric conversion performed by Tembo (although i think there's another company out there that also converts the Land Cruiser).

It's a shame the Land Cruiser isn't certified for on-road use in Canada (mines and off-road use only). But should be able to be registered after 15 years...

https://www.tembo4x4-elv.com/
https://www.tembo4x4-elv.com/Technical-Specs

Although the specs aren't as high as a consumer would maybe expect, keep in mind that its mainly made for mine use, so range isn't really an issue for those purposes.
Kinda seems somewhat bastardized to create an EV out of one of, if not THE most reliable vehicle/power train the world has ever seen.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #155
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Kinda seems somewhat bastardized to create an EV out of one of, if not THE most reliable vehicle/power train the world has ever seen.
Yeah but then you can recharge it with diesel generators with much worse emissions controls than a passenger vehicle ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #156
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Yeah but then you can recharge it with diesel generators with much worse emissions controls than a passenger vehicle ...
Sounds like it'd be easier to just sell some TSLA stock and buy a Unimog.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #157
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Nothing in Central America?
I didn’t look that hard.
Possibly? Only thing went South/Central America. All those vehicles are beat to crap.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:15 PM   #158
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
Watched a few "why I'm buying the Cybertruck", I think this one is the closest thing to what I feel.

He uses it for work a bit here and there, while I mostly need to carry family stuff. But still, the similarity is there.

We both need something that will both haul stuff while still be an excellent family car. And I think CT does exactly that.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #159

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
He's basically saying his truck is useless because he only bought the extended cab. News flash, buy the crew cab and you can still do all those things in comfort. His fault for not planning ahead.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #160

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Love it or hate when is the last time a new vehicle has had a 7 plus page post on RS in such a short time. Look at how many YouTubers have placed a pre-order many who have non-automotive focused channels. That's going to be a lot of content.

With a 6.5 foot bed, you could use the built-in air compressor to fill up an air mattress roll down the shutter and sleep in the back. If it gets cold you could plug in a small heater. In the morning you could plug in a hotplate to cook your breakfast. Mount a Starlink dish to the truck and you will have high-speed internet anywhere in the world.
If you need more power/range install some Tesla powerwall battery packs in the back.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Love it or hate when is the last time a new vehicle has had a 7 plus page post on RS in such a short time. Look at how many YouTubers have placed a pre-order many who have non-automotive focused channels. That's going to be a lot of content.

With a 6.5 foot bed, you could use the built-in air compressor to fill up an air mattress roll down the shutter and sleep in the back. If it gets cold you could plug in a small heater. In the morning you could plug in a hotplate to cook your breakfast. Mount a Starlink dish to the truck and you will have high-speed internet anywhere in the world.
If you need more power/range install some Tesla powerwall battery packs in the back.
Easy there CiC..
Old 12-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #162

Quote:
Easy there CiC..
How many vanlife channels are there on youtube?

Truck mentality has not changed in decades. Every truck that comes out looks the same with only small bumps in specs. A little more power, some more towing capacity, some added creature comforts. This truck is going to be used in ways people never thought of using a truck or car.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #163
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #164

Quote:
They have a $100 refundable deposit. That's not a pre-order. I doubt even a fraction of those people will actually buy one.

Quote:
You can do every single one of those things with any truck that has a 6.5' bed for a fraction of the price. None of that is exclusive to this thing.

Quote:
This truck is going to be used in ways people never thought of using a truck or car.
That's what everyone says about every slightly quirky truck (Avalanche, Ridgeline, etc), and then nobody buys them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 12-03-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #165

Cybertuk tuk?

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #166

Newish Toyota Tacoma’s already have 120V outlet in the bed, on top of the numerous anchor points for their endless selection of options from tents to storage units etc. And the amount of people that take advantage of them are probably in the single digits of owners

I’m not trying to bash this truck but to think the EV generational buyer is all of a sudden going to turn into this crazy outdoorsman because of features already available in other vehicles with not nearly the 3rd party support that Toyota etc. Offer seems like viewing this through rose coloured glasses.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #167
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
IMO the bold move on the design seems to be paying off. Some institutional buyers (namely police departments) are looking to get cozy with Cybertruck.

Which makes a lot of sense really. First, they want to make a statement: police is here, behave yourself! Plus, any vehicle with any sort of resistance to bullets is going to cost an arm and legs. Now they can get some basic resistance to smaller bullets for the cost of a regular vehicle.

Sure I am biased as hell as both a Tesla owner and shareholder, but after seeing the Cybertruck and now looking at other pickup trucks and they feel so... dated?

I'd love to see some better pickup design coming out of major truck companies. It's about time.
For cars we went from the boxes in the early 20th century to the absolute whack of a design say modern Ferraris and Lambos... and even more domesticated cars like Honda/Toyota design has changed a lot through the last few decades.

It's almost unbelievable that pickup stayed relatively the same for the last 50yrs. Which brings the question, is it really the best design already or manufacturer simply didn't dare to think out of the box?
Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #168

Because they have to have one of everything.

Last edited by Manic!; 12-03-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #169

Quote:
Newish Toyota Tacoma’s already have 120V outlet in the bed, on top of the numerous anchor points for their endless selection of options from tents to storage units etc. And the amount of people that take advantage of them are probably in the single digits of owners

I’m not trying to bash this truck but to think the EV generational buyer is all of a sudden going to turn into this crazy outdoorsman because of features already available in other vehicles with not nearly the 3rd party support that Toyota etc. Offer seems like viewing this through rose coloured glasses.
120v at how many amps and for how long? We have a company in Nanaimo https://www.vmacair.com/ they make vehicle-mounted air compressors. The cybertruck has it built-in and it's designed for air tools.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #170
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,101 Times in 5,000 Posts
^
But if this is the dream of the future...??? I’m kind of glad I’ll be dead before any of it takes hold
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #171

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,750 Posts
Quote:
1 The cybertruck has it built-in and it's designed for air tools.
The laws of physics still apply to the cybertruck. If you want to use much more than air nailers or a wheel gun intermittently, you're looking at a 5+ horsepower compressor. That's going to be some significant power draw, I seriously doubt it's going to be that big.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The laws of physics still apply to the cybertruck. If you want to use much more than air nailers or a wheel gun intermittently, you're looking at a 5+ horsepower compressor. That's going to be some significant power draw, I seriously doubt it's going to be that big.
It has 220 so you could run somthing like this.

https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com...ssor/p855.html

But who knows what it is running.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #173
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
the taco still has drum brakes, pretty choppy transmission and poor gas consumption
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #174

Quote:
The cybertruck has it built-in and it's designed for air tools.
Without the specs that could mean it can barely run a pin nailer, but if it's got the waft to run an impact gun strong enough to get its own lugnuts off that'd be a pretty handy upgrade over the usual weenie little tire iron you get.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #175

Also depends how big the tank is.

RSUV #7
This post thanked by: