REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #3976
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
So according to JT something for essential workers as well during his speech? Couldn't hear it clearly. If that's the case why not just give money to every Canadian that's over the age of 18? Much easier then what he is doing now.
They should’ve just implemented universal basic income like some other countries did. We all know it was coming eventually anyways, now is probably the best possible time to do it.
Advertisement
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #3977
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,836 Times in 2,516 Posts
andrew yang knew what was up, don't mess with an asian man that likes math

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #3978
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,657 Times in 1,755 Posts
My nurse GF was telling me again this morning, new patient in their COVID unit, false negative test 3 times in a row before coming back positive.

These tests really aren't that accurate, leading me further to believe we're simply all going to get this in some manner or another.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #3979
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,359 Times in 977 Posts
just shows how important it is to not just pop bottles of champagne and go party even thought you show symptoms but tested negatives. Trying to convince people but they still don't understand.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #3980

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Trump halts funding to WHO

https://globalnews.ca/news/6818210/t...o-coronavirus/
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #3981
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,652 Posts
Trump can blame WHO all he wants but he has played a huge role in their failure too. Just when it looked liked numbers in the US were heading in the right direction, today ends up being it's deadliest one so far. Almost 2300 have passed away in a single day so far
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #3982
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
So according to JT something for essential workers as well during his speech? Couldn't hear it clearly. If that's the case why not just give money to every Canadian that's over the age of 18? Much easier then what he is doing now.

Any details on this?
Old 04-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #3983
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,870 Times in 8,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Trump can blame WHO all he wants but he has played a huge role in their failure too. Just when it looked liked numbers in the US were heading in the right direction, today ends up being it's deadliest one so far. Almost 2300 have passed away in a single day so far
This doesn't absolve Trump, but he's doing the right thing.

It is pretty scary though, seeing the UN crumble. I mean they've basically been conquered by China at this point, which is in itself scary.

We're so used to peaceful times, every little thing leading the other direction is concerning.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #3984

Masks are now compulsory in Singapore, who were posting full page ads in the paper telling people not to wear masks a few weeks ago.

Huge loss of face that few governments would allow for, but they're doing it for the good of the people.

Every country will need to do this, or the virus will stick around pretty much forever.

I doubt we'll get a working vaccine for this for a long time, based on the research I've looked at. The "12 to 18 months" is wishful thinking, and even though researchers said this early on, we know how much else they got wrong since this is all so new to us. The type of vaccine they're researching for this is not the same recombinant type used for the flu. It's a genetic (DNA or RNA) vaccine, and so far there hasn't been one approved for human use.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #3985
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,687 Posts
Well, forever it is then
Old 04-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #3986
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,359 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
Not a fan of just giving $2000 to everyone over the age of 18.

2 reasons
1) One need to contribute and earned over $5000 and paid taxes in 2019. Filters out paper delivery boy who earned $50 dollars and now gets a check for $2k; or anyone, say seniors. My mom and dad should not just be getting a free hand out as they are already getting CPP & old age pension.

2) Just to give $2k to people who are already working right now just doesn't make sense.

You can be bias all you want, not like we are swimming in a surplus in any way shape or form right now. Heck, look at Mr Klein in Calgary who handed out $400 to everyone... didn't really do jack shit and now in a deficit shit hole asking for bailout on Oil and Gas
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #3987
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,307 Times in 1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This doesn't absolve Trump, but he's doing the right thing.
To add to this, he did say on April 1st that there would be 'Two weeks of Hell' and I would hope it doesn't get worse from here.

That W.H.O tweet saying there was no human to human transmission was a communicative virus.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #3988

He pretty much took them to town in the address I heard it come up live on BNN and if the timelines he laid out are even close it looks pretty bad for them

Refusing to accept human to human transfer
Suggesting against closing borders and stopping flight traffic
Accepting Chinese numbers as the truth from the beggning

Etc
Old 04-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #3989
in the butt

Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,196 Posts
Was trying to figure out why liquor stores are open, looked it up:
Liquor stores are open because addicts will cause self harm without booze

I guess its time to make hard drugs legal now, to make sure they have a steady local supply

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #3990

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
https://twitter.com/ChannelNewsAsia/...20287413805057

Masks are now compulsory in Singapore, who were posting full page ads in the paper telling people not to wear masks a few weeks ago.

Huge loss of face that few governments would allow for, but they're doing it for the good of the people.

Every country will need to do this, or the virus will stick around pretty much forever.

I doubt we'll get a working vaccine for this for a long time, based on the research I've looked at. The "12 to 18 months" is wishful thinking, and even though researchers said this early on, we know how much else they got wrong since this is all so new to us. The type of vaccine they're researching for this is not the same recombinant type used for the flu. It's a genetic (DNA or RNA) vaccine, and so far there hasn't been one approved for human use.
I'm trying to be optimistic. I think one thing this vaccine (once found) has going for it that others probably did not is the amount of brain power working on it world wide and the funding thrown at it to try and find it as soon as possible.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:26 PM   #3991

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Was trying to figure out why liquor stores are open, looked it up:
Liquor stores are open because addicts will cause self harm without booze

I guess its time to make hard drugs legal now, to make sure they have a steady local supply
Honestly the way everyone is drinking I think shit would hit the fan if they closed down regardless of if you’re an a Alcoholic or not
Old 04-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #3992
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Not a fan of just giving $2000 to everyone over the age of 18.

2 reasons
1) One need to contribute and earned over $5000 and paid taxes in 2019. Filters out paper delivery boy who earned $50 dollars and now gets a check for $2k; or anyone, say seniors. My mom and dad should not just be getting a free hand out as they are already getting CPP & old age pension.

2) Just to give $2k to people who are already working right now just doesn't make sense.

You can be bias all you want, not like we are swimming in a surplus in any way shape or form right now. Heck, look at Mr Klein in Calgary who handed out $400 to everyone... didn't really do jack shit and now in a deficit shit hole asking for bailout on Oil and Gas
The idea of universal welfare is that money will end up back in the economy/govts hands

The argument against is that ppl will hoard the money, or export it, but those are really only outlier situations
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #3993
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,652 Posts
Well, another one falls.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...om-coronavirus
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #3994
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,404 Times in 554 Posts
For us social drinkers, we've been sober for quite some time now
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'm trying to be optimistic. I think one thing this vaccine (once found) has going for it that others probably did not is the amount of brain power working on it world wide and the funding thrown at it to try and find it as soon as possible.
That's just part of it. From there, they have to convince the entire world that it's safe to inject foreign DNA or RNA into their bodies, which has NEVER been done on humans in this format before.

You don't even need to be a nutjob antivaxxer to be wary of this. You'd be foolish NOT to be.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #3996

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
For us social drinkers, we've been sober for quite some time now
I consider myself a social drinker but I'm not going to lie I've been getting real social with myself the last 4 weeks.

I have 3 friends that I'd do happy hour with every 3-4 weeks at a random bar or restaurant. We're doing Happy House this Saturday via video chat...should be interesting.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #3997

Thanked 31,221 Times in 7,182 Posts
I’m a one beer a night guy with a 5-6 beer night every couple weeks. Every night is a 3-4 beer night now. I haven’t seen anyone other than those I work with and my wife. I’m a social guy, and beer is definitely replacing some human interaction.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #3998
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,777 Times in 3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I’m a one beer a night guy with a 5-6 beer night every couple weeks. Every night is a 3-4 beer night now. I haven’t seen anyone other than those I work with and my wife. I’m a social guy, and beer is definitely replacing some human interaction.
ive been off for two weeks vacation. usually i dont keep beer in the house, right now im a 3-4 beer a night guy. just working on my motorcycle and drinking. thank god i go back to work tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #3999

Was never a social drinker, I prefer to make high quality cocktails at home that would cost me $20 USD each.

With my diet though I only get to fit in a drink here and there throughout the week, except on the biweekly cheat day where I go HAM.

This does help me appreciate the drinks more though Also I can get buzzed again.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #4000
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

It's like raaaaiiiiaaain.... on your wedding day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post