REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #4876
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Cmon brehs we all know Richmond is a ghost town because all the mainlanders went back to China already
Advertisement
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #4877
I don't get it

More like your children will have to ask people like gates to have children.
Enjoy as you lose your freedoms and police show up at night to take you out of your home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Oh fuck bill gates is going to control our brains via those vaccinations way faster than before now.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #4878
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,469 Times in 5,709 Posts
Old 05-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #4879
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,890 Times in 8,240 Posts
Second wave begins in Jilin

^^^ that's an official communist party tweet BTW. If they are admitting to the "potential" of a second wave, then I assume it's already happening.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #4880
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Racoon is an anagram of Corona
Racoons wash their hands frequently
Racoons wear masks when out in public

This is clearly a plot by racoons to overthrow humanity. It all adds up
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:25 PM   #4881
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Enjoy as you lose your freedoms and police show up at night to take you out of your home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981Wmic6kmI&t=600s
Are they being taken to the hospital because they just flew back from somewhere?

Why couldn't they just bring test kits if they think they're positive?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #4882
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
I think they're being taken to the hospital for a psych evaluation
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #4883
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,426 Times in 3,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Are they being taken to the hospital because they just flew back from somewhere?

Why couldn't they just bring test kits if they think they're positive?
This was there second visit.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #4884
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Wish I was rich enough for people to think I'm some evil mastermind...
Old 05-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #4885
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
^^heavy is the head that wears the crown, my friend.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #4886
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
What’s Ontario’s situation? They’re at ~350 cases per day which seems pretty good given the population. There are *suburbs* around Toronto that have higher population density than downtown Vancouver.
pretty good compared to hot spots in the US or say taiwan that has higher urban density WITHOUT shutdowns and manage subsequent undetectable days?

there may be some merit that public mask-wearing in East Asia is not as stigmatized whereas top health officials in North America were publicly shaming those that did just few months ago

i dont claim that's the reason BC is doing slightly better than other regions but not sure we can claim relatively early success with the explanation 'because Canadians aren't dicks'

Last edited by twitchyzero; 05-17-2020 at 09:32 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #4887
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,269 Times in 1,236 Posts
Can someone explain to me what the argument is here? Is Richmond being more of a ghost town and quick to wearing masks supposed to be reminiscent of them caring more about their fellow man than other people in BC?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2020, 10:13 PM   #4888
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Can someone explain to me what the argument is here? Is Richmond being more of a ghost town and quick to wearing masks supposed to be reminiscent of them caring more about their fellow man than other people in BC?
Something about farts....?
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #4889
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
takeaway is that everyone has something to learn from this initial wave even the authorities like who, cdc, surgeon general etc

about to restart aerosol-generating procedures and local cdc still offering contradictory guidelines
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #4890
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,777 Times in 3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Yeah man. I’m not even commenting on that article. Seems like some racist bait trapping
Old 05-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #4891
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Trying to figure out the answer to this questions. If both my wife and I have COVID, and she is asymptomatic, are we okay with kissing and hugging each other? Or, are we just trading more COVID particles, making the situation worse?
Old 05-18-2020, 03:57 PM   #4892

A look at the quarantine camps where the HK govt sends incoming travelers from parts of Asia and Africa. Note that they don't send people from EU or NA or China, Japan, or Korea here. Despite those places all being in the top 10 for corona cases.

Pakistan is #20 for instance, Nepal #133, but people from there can't quarantine at home, they have to go to this place:

There's more pics and video in the thread.

Absolutely disgusting and sad
Old 05-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #4893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Trying to figure out the answer to this questions. If both my wife and I have COVID, and she is asymptomatic, are we okay with kissing and hugging each other? Or, are we just trading more COVID particles, making the situation worse?
IIRC, severity of symptoms and length of infection seems to be based on viral load. So in your case you want to prevent contact as much as reasonably possible. I can't imagine someone with symptoms being in the mood for kissing or anything beyond that anyway
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #4894

Thanked 1,418 Times in 556 Posts
No sexy time for 2 weeks. You can dooooo it.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #4895
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,843 Times in 2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Something about farts....?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #4896
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981Wmic6kmI&t=600s
Took a look at that form 2 that the mental health worker was talking about and it's for a psychological evaluation under the mental health act
chris walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #4897
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,697 Times in 1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
A look at the quarantine camps where the HK govt sends incoming travelers from parts of Asia and Africa. Note that they don't send people from EU or NA or China, Japan, or Korea here. Despite those places all being in the top 10 for corona cases.

Pakistan is #20 for instance, Nepal #133, but people from there can't quarantine at home, they have to go to this place:

https://twitter.com/laurelchor/statu...69236732637184

There's more pics and video in the thread.

Absolutely disgusting and sad
Seen this recently as well. My father is absolutely going off on how the Chinese have been treating Africans in China right now.

Have people been noticing the emergence of COVID doubters to a higher degree as of yet? You have Elon Musk using his stage to decry the legitimacy of the virus in the first place, along with other conservative news networks, and media spaces, along with QANON.

I had an ear beating earlier today from the owner of a restaurant I frequent, where she believes the entire thing is a complete hoax. I had to stop her midway and shake my head letting her know my girlfriend has been working in the COVID unit at VGH, and that it is very much not a fake thing.

I'm starting to hear friends of mine tout this same idea here as well.

It's very strange and interesting to see how this "Covid is fake" narative that is starting to really grow legs, who would've known that Bill Gates of all people, would be considered a now tyrant.

It's all very disheartening to see how internet propaganda has been able to successfully gaslight so much of our population, what is the overall agenda here?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #4898

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Seen this recently as well. My father is absolutely going off on how the Chinese have been treating Africans in China right now.

Have people been noticing the emergence of COVID doubters to a higher degree as of yet? You have Elon Musk using his stage to decry the legitimacy of the virus in the first place, along with other conservative news networks, and media spaces, along with QANON.

I had an ear beating earlier today from the owner of a restaurant I frequent, where she believes the entire thing is a complete hoax. I had to stop her midway and shake my head letting her know my girlfriend has been working in the COVID unit at VGH, and that it is very much not a fake thing.

I'm starting to hear friends of mine tout this same idea here as well.

It's very strange and interesting to see how this "Covid is fake" narative that is starting to really grow legs, who would've known that Bill Gates of all people, would be considered a now tyrant.

It's all very disheartening to see how internet propaganda has been able to successfully gaslight so much of our population, what is the overall agenda here?
I don't know if I posted it earlier in the thread, but this was bound to happen if we successfully "flattened the curve". There just seems to be a pretty large percentage of people who can't really think critically, and think that everything is some weird conspiracy. Maybe we're in a simulation, and some brains just can't handle it? Who knows.

Then again, there is a lot of misinformation being spread by some pretty influential people. I know you listen to JRE, so you must be as disappointed as I am when he went from being one of the better mainstream sources for info on the virus (when he had Osterholm on, and later Hotez, and repeated their advice) to practically being a "covid denier" who thinks people are only susceptible to it if they're tired or lacking vitamin D.

Musk is even more disappointing, because he's supposed to be a smart guy. Yet he concludes that because the lockdowns were effective, and the death rate was kept in check, that means it was never a threat to begin with. Oh I get that the billionaires want to keep being able to make money, and the lockdown is costing them a lot, but is that all it takes to turn one of the (purportedly) brightest minds into a complete moron?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #4899

Thanked 1,418 Times in 556 Posts
Yea the guy smart but he seems to always have something to prove. He ain't happy unless he's part of the solution or invents some crazy contraption and take credit. Seen this pattern over and over, it is disappointing yes.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #4900
Banned (ABWS)

California is so much in debt from corona closures it can't afford to reopen schools. Loool

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...virus-response

edit:
Now that I read more, they "flattened the curve" and flattened the ability to pay their healthcare workers and other essential services.
Whelp I guess better die from your state being unable to fund hospitals than dead from COVID-19. Time to resell those ventilators.

First in line for firing are frontline healthcare workers according to their governor in an attempt to blackmail congress. Well shouldn't you have thought about all unintended consequences before making your decision.

California is a good barometer of what you will see in the coming months. Widespread provincial and municipal shortfalls and budget cuts. Unless they get a bailout, you will probably see defaults as well. You think public services are underfunded now? Well you haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited by twdm; 05-19-2020 at 05:35 PM.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: