REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #51
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,663 Times in 3,112 Posts
Soooo besides the 600 gst clams, for a childless couple, there isn’t any other incentives right ?
Advertisement
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #52
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
The last place I worked at, we just had to install this app on our own personal PC at home and then we could work remotely and connect to the work server.

I think my currently place is expecting those that work at home to literally take our entire workstation home. Not sure if that's the most efficient way or why one method is done over another. I'm not an IT expert though.
its more of a security concern than anything using your own pc at home.
In my eyes as an IT consultant, your PC can be filed with malware and can compromise the network.

Spent the whole week setting up people for remote access, buy a ton of laptops, and hardware for vpn access
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
LMAO this is really getting to people. Even me, the no gyming thing has made me want to just drink A LOT. CHEERS TO ALL Y'ALL OUT THERE - LOVE YA RS

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:16 PM   #54
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Did you guys not spend a lot of time with your SO before marrying? I'm shocked at the amount of ppl who can't stand it, not just from RS, but from ppl ik
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
How tf are you guys going nuts after just a couple days?

One thing I haven't seen considered, people in domestic abuse situations are super stuck right now
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Did you guys not spend a lot of time with your SO before marrying? I'm shocked at the amount of ppl who can't stand it, not just from RS, but from ppl ik
Pretty sure they married the wrong person if they can't stand each other after 2 days... LOL
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #57
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,253 Times in 1,966 Posts
Quote:

This song popped in my head...

Quote:
We are strangers by day, lovers by night
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:52 PM   #58
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How tf are you guys going nuts after just a couple days?
My job is typically sit down and do work for 10 hours. I try to have a balance of going to the gym and seeing friends. Seeing that I'm am inherently extroverted, I draw my energy from interacting with people.

Typically when I'm stuck at home, like this, I'll either just smoke a lot of weed or get really drunk LOL

Maybe I'll attempt my header job on my car LOL

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Fiance and I have lived together for 17 years, known each other since grade 3. If I were working from home, it’d be great hanging out together.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:04 PM   #60

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
JUST be thankful you have a job. I'm mofo jobless. EI won't kick in cause I'm in sales...and doesn't just terminate until pay / package ends. 500,000 people (real #s) applying for EI on the phone / servers shutting things down.

I've been working from home for 10 yrs, but those who are married... who are now "stuck" together... there are no spaces between two people.

It's will test marriages for sure. Those who are well seasoned / married for a while are doing fine, but those who are newly weds, young kids... realizing they are going to be lock down, standing in line for groceries, can't order take out everyday, 1 loses a job etc.....

The cabin fever is real man; you don't have "friends" to talk to. "Oh, Charmaine and i are going to go for a drink", or "i'm going to watch the game with the boys"... those days are over. Everyone's dirty little secret / ticks / little things you have been putting offt come out after 2 weeks of face to face with each other, and once lock down is near (it's a matter of time), in 3 week's time.... dooms days. (Can you imagine... Canada somehow is able to say in the press in 2 weeks: JT "hi everyone, because we are so obedient and social distanced ourselves... our country is now perfectly OK.." Good luck with that.)

There's only so much sex you can have, so much netflix... the "boredom" kicks in because there's NOTHING indoor to do. People can't go read a book or learn a new hobby (cook / bake) because "ugh... it takes so long" .... A few of my buddies are already stressed out what to do. He still thinks he can go jump in his Porsche and "pretend to get groceries" at squamish / whistler...

Next week will be raining... no more going to seawall for a walk...or going outside...

Last edited by 6793026; 03-20-2020 at 10:09 PM.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #61

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Lol, yeah I mean we've been together over 22 years but I don't want to be around her all day that's why we've been together 22 years.

Seriously though, I mean I could be around her I have a home office she'd be downstairs I'd be upstairs so technically we could totally avoid each other if we wanted but you know it's like even to much chocolate gets gross after a while haha.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #62
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
My job is typically sit down and do work for 10 hours. I try to have a balance of going to the gym and seeing friends. Seeing that I'm am inherently extroverted, I draw my energy from interacting with people.

Typically when I'm stuck at home, like this, I'll either just smoke a lot of weed or get really drunk LOL

Maybe I'll attempt my header job on my car LOL

I'm an introvert, so I imagine the discomfort you get from isolating is similar to the discomfort I got from anytime I've been forced to do extroverty stuff. On the one hand I sympathize, on the other the introverts have been made uncomfortable by the extroverts their entire lives so the extroverts can be the ones to deal with it for once

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
The cabin fever is real man; you don't have "friends" to talk to. "Oh, Charmaine and i are going to go for a drink", or "i'm going to watch the game with the boys"... those days are over.
Technology has made it easier than ever to work around that. Fire up facetime/Skype/Discord/etc and do stuff with people.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #63
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
NOW IS OUR TIME! INTROVERTS RISE UP! (online)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 01:56 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
One thing I haven't seen considered, people in domestic abuse situations are super stuck right now
I saw on instagram of all places, there are posts reaching out to ppl who have to quarantine but are in an abusive relationship, some group has setup quarantine havens for ppl who want to get away from their abusive partner but will still be able to quarantine
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #65
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
The cabin fever is real man; you don't have "friends" to talk to. "Oh, Charmaine and i are going to go for a drink", or "i'm going to watch the game with the boys"... those days are over. Everyone's dirty little secret / ticks / little things you have been putting offt come out after 2 weeks of face to face with each other, and once lock down is near (it's a matter of time), in 3 week's time.... dooms days. (Can you imagine... Canada somehow is able to say in the press in 2 weeks: JT "hi everyone, because we are so obedient and social distanced ourselves... our country is now perfectly OK.." Good luck with that.)

There's only so much sex you can have, so much netflix... the "boredom" kicks in because there's NOTHING indoor to do. People can't go read a book or learn a new hobby (cook / bake) because "ugh... it takes so long" .... A few of my buddies are already stressed out what to do. He still thinks he can go jump in his Porsche and "pretend to get groceries" at squamish / whistler...

Next week will be raining... no more going to seawall for a walk...or going outside...
Because I can't relate, I find it quite interesting to read different perspectives to hear how others are feeling.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a homebody to the extreme.
And I literally been just going to work and back home all week. Honestly, no difference from my regular routine. It's only the weekends where my wife wants to go out, we can't anymore. (Win for me, lol)

Last weekend, I just sat on my computer for 16 hrs because I'm self isolating now. Depending if there's events on the weekend, I may shorten my computer usage, or not have a chance to use it for the day. But otherwise, it's not uncommon for me to average about 10-12 hours a day. Cause I also use the computer for work, so that's an easy 8+ hrs there. It's weird though, my eyes don't get strained, my body doesn't ache, I don't have carpel tunnel symptoms or anything. I don't get drained from the computer, I get entertained and energized. This has been my lifestyle for like 2/3 of my life.

Lots of YouTube, google and researching trivial things all day, RevScene, fb, COVID-19 news, lots of web whatsapping (I can chat for hours to like 20 different people throughout the entire day), I recently got really addicted to foosball so I've been drawing up designs so I can build my own table (cause I can't afford to buy a good one).

I still have a big backlog of games on steam that I haven't had time to play, movies to watch, anime, tv shows, etc. A ton of videos I can edit (cause that's another hobby). These are the kind of things I CANNOT do when I go travelling, which, unpopular opinion, is why I'm actually not that into travelling and prefer "staycations".

And not to mention, if this whole VI thing wasn't going on, I would actually have a bit more passion to continue working on my car... but so much for that. I always feel there's just so much that can be done and I can never catch up...

The only "outdoor" thing that I'm missing out is playing hockey since that's been suspended now.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 03-21-2020 at 02:22 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #66

Thanked 8,663 Times in 3,112 Posts
I used to play mmorpgs. Seems like a great time to get back into lineage 2 but now the game sucks and I don’t wanna regrind (Bot) all the way back up.

Trying these survival games. Pretty fun. Subnautica is great !
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #67
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
If you want an entire day to disappear, just get into Civ
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #68

There's mobile games to take up your time too, new Naruto game, or seven deadly sins, 7ds is fun, and there's so much to do in it that you kind of feel overwhelmed, like it shouldn't be a mobile game
Old 03-21-2020, 07:46 AM   #69
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
First time using Group FaceTime yesterday with a few buddies, having some beers etc. Over face time lol, the new norm
Old 03-21-2020, 07:47 AM   #70

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
One thing I found last weekend and going into this weekend with being couped up I find myself working like everyday. I'll work half days on Sat & Sun and then cut my hours a bit during the week....I mean I can only watch so much netflix or play so many games...I'm bored and like welp I might as well get some work done.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:14 AM   #71
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Gas is cheap, probably go for a drive today and find some twisties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
First time using Group FaceTime yesterday with a few buddies, having some beers etc. Over face time lol, the new norm
Haha my buddies and I have a recurring monthly wings night on the calendar, was thinking we should all order wings delivered to our respective places and do it via FaceTime next time around.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 08:47 AM   #72
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Lol, yeah I mean we've been together over 22 years but I don't want to be around her all day that's why we've been together 22 years.

Seriously though, I mean I could be around her I have a home office she'd be downstairs I'd be upstairs so technically we could totally avoid each other if we wanted but you know it's like even to much chocolate gets gross after a while haha.
Agreed. We get along great cause we have our lives apart (work/friends/hobbies) and our lives together. Quarantine life upsets that balance.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 03-21-2020 at 09:24 AM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:51 AM   #73
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Probably stating the obvious here, but if you're planning on taking some time to do projects around the house, a few thoughts:

1) make a list and get EVERYTHING (i know, projects never work out this way but if you're thorough and really think it all through, you should be able to) in one hit, that'll last you at least a few weeks. spread it out and take your time.

2) stay the hell away from home depots, Canadian tires, and big box stores. With so many now laid off and all this freed up time, these places are going to be packed.
Luckily i have a home hardware and ace builder centre near me that never has more than four or five people at any time.

3)if you're going to do this, do it now. As infection rate rises, besides being at higher risk of infection, I'd anticipate these smaller stores to be closing their doors.

Take care, and be safe.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #74
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Last night (Friday). There were lines of people at the private liquor stores getting their booze as the BC gov ones were closed early.

With the bars closed now, everyone is getting drunk at home now on a Friday night. At least I hope that reduces the amount of drinking and driving.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:59 AM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Small silver lining I thought of was. Home break-ins must be at an all-time low right now
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: