REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #26
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
I recently started listening to his podcasts, but like how he's able to bridge conversations with big name guests that are in a field he knows nothing about.

He was literally trying to relate to Tony Hawk skateboarding with his MMA experiences lol. He makes it work though somehow.

These are usually the episodes I listen to.

If he can keep this up when he hops over to spotify, I think I might continue to listen.
Advertisement

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
I heard his first guest might be Alex Jones hahahaha awesome
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:43 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Meh, it is what it is I'll still listen. I listen to most his shows unless he has someone on discussing a topic I really have no interest in like for example last week Rhonda Patrick hard pass.

Yeah, he repeats himself a lot and you have to take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt, for me it's strictly entertainment not a news source.

The one thing I will say this Spotify thing sort of goes against everything he's been saying the last bunch of years about not selling out and doing it on his own. I know what he'd say to that, he's still in charge of content and creative direction so it's not a sell out. I mean I really don't care either way I think you'd be a moron to not take the money if you have one of the top podcasts in the world but don't say one thing and do another.
Bro if the deal was $100M, would you not dance like a monkey? Come on bro. Doesn't everyone have a price?
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:19 AM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
If you guys were getting sick of the latest JRE shows with his yes-men agreeing with all his covid shit, the latest episode with David Pakman was a HUGE change from that. Pakman stood up and challenged Joe on many points, not in a confrontational way. Joe had nothing for him really. He needs to have more guests like this, who won't necessarily agree with him on everything, and actually get him to think out loud to his audience who may agree with things because they don't know any better.

A good one was asking him why he supported Bernie, but when it's Biden vs Trump, he now seems to support Trump. Like what are the actual policies that favoured Bernie vs Trump and not Biden vs Trump?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^Many Bernie supporters are facing this dilemma. What is the best way to shift the Democrats closer to the policies of Bernie? Vote for Biden, who has done absolutely nothing to draw in progressive voters, adopt any of their policies, or employ any Bernie campaigners. Just yesterday he even told the black community, who if they had trouble deciding between Trump or himself, that " you ain't black." The only real benefit from a Biden election, in there eyes, is the appointment of Dem leaning judges to the Supreme court, to further prevent a shift to the right. The Dems would continue to ignore progressives as they would have no reason to listen - they already got their vote without appeasing them in any way.

The other option is to abstain or vote for Trump, enduring 4 more years, but forcing the Dems to reevaluate their establishment positions and finally start listening and working to bring the progressives back into the party. Either way its a long game, but he and other Bernie supporters are not for Trump.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Bro if the deal was $100M, would you not dance like a monkey? Come on bro. Doesn't everyone have a price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Meh, it is what it is I'll still listen. I listen to most his shows unless he has someone on discussing a topic I really have no interest in like for example last week Rhonda Patrick hard pass.

Yeah, he repeats himself a lot and you have to take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt, for me it's strictly entertainment not a news source.

The one thing I will say this Spotify thing sort of goes against everything he's been saying the last bunch of years about not selling out and doing it on his own. I know what he'd say to that, he's still in charge of content and creative direction so it's not a sell out. I mean I really don't care either way I think you'd be a moron to not take the money if you have one of the top podcasts in the world but don't say one thing and do another.

Yes, that's why I said you'd have to be a moron to not take the money.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I never would have called him a UFC sellout until he started agreeing with their downright vile coronavirus shit. In fact it might have been what set him on his course towards virus denial - he went from totally accepting the facts, to trying to find some way to get around them, to flat out denial. And it started when he went from "I just want to see what the UFC does, Dana is "gangster"" to flat out going there to do a show.

People generally don't know how insane and and gross Dana is. Some day the stories might come out. He is really, really bad. Like not just a "Trump idiot" bad, but actually pretty evil.
Can you expend on the UFCs vile coronavirus shit? I know they have held events recently but what has been vile about it so far?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Can you expend on the UFCs vile coronavirus shit? I know they have held events recently but what has been vile about it so far?
The whole idea of putting on live events now, even without a crowd, goes against all advice from experts, and puts everyone at risk. Of course the fighters are going to fight, but we haven't been this close to fighters being actual gladiators since the Roman days (remember the old UFC intro?). They are being thrown to the wolves - in this case the virus - just to make money.

It's shameful and humiliating, but for whatever reason didn't really get picked up by mainstream press. If it was NBA or NFL trying to do this right now, people would rightfully all over them about it.

I mean we see the humiliating pictures of people in huge crowds right now... All we're doing is waiting to see if a second wave comes now. These people may be dumb, but they're just doing it because they're stressed out after being locked up, lots of them probably don't even have jobs any more, and they just want some release. But when UFC does it, and puts OTHERS at risk for it, it's just plain gross.

Dana is Trump's buddy, a virus denier, and oh man there are so many stories... A lot of them semi-public knowledge, sometimes you have to dig for them. Others I just happen to know some of the right people to hear these stories, and I can't repeat them unfortunately. Just think "how bad could he really be?" and multiply that by about 100, and you'll be close to the bottom range of the ball park.

Now we wait and see if the fighter with the positive test had been spreading it around before he had to leave. He was cautious, wearing gloves and a mask MOST of the time, but as we know that's not fool proof.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #34

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I suppose but it hasn't blown up in their face just yet. If anything so far they've shown it's possible to pull off with the right measures in place.

Has the WWE still been doing events? I know they aren't considered a sport but it's not any less dangerous as far as the virus goes.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #35
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
I suppose but it hasn't blown up in their face just yet. If anything so far they've shown it's possible to pull off with the right measures in place.

Has the WWE still been doing events? I know they aren't considered a sport but it's not any less dangerous as far as the virus goes.
In Florida the WWE is considered an essential service.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ct...1_4895231.html
Old 05-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #36

Quote:

Here's a report on the UFC situation. It's a very long read, but you'll know absolutely all the details, good and bad.

WWE and AEW are still doing events, and should receive similar criticism. AEW taped a bunch of shows right when the lockdown occurred, and are taping new ones weekly. Both have no crowds, and try to limit how many people are in close contact. AEW puts about a dozen wrestlers where the audience would be, to replicate crowd noise. It makes a HUGE difference. Wrestling with zero crowd is practically unwatchable to me. With a fake crowd it's still bad, but a huge improvement.

Wrestlers are free to not show up if they don't want to, with the promise that their spot on the card won't be demoted. AEW is making good on the promise, while WWE has already stripped the title off one guy for not showing up, and has basically removed one of their top stars from existence (he has leukemia so it's not a good idea to risk anything at all)
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #37

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you guys were getting sick of the latest JRE shows with his yes-men agreeing with all his covid shit, the latest episode with David Pakman was a HUGE change from that. Pakman stood up and challenged Joe on many points, not in a confrontational way. Joe had nothing for him really. He needs to have more guests like this, who won't necessarily agree with him on everything, and actually get him to think out loud to his audience who may agree with things because they don't know any better.

A good one was asking him why he supported Bernie, but when it's Biden vs Trump, he now seems to support Trump. Like what are the actual policies that favoured Bernie vs Trump and not Biden vs Trump?
I like David Pakman, I listen to his podcast actually. Loved the way he challenged Joe on a lot of his bullshit, Joe didn't have much to come back with, as all these guys do.

It's a pity he rarely has the Pakman-types on the show, though. He responds to what his fanbase wants, if you check the Youtube for this interview, it's got 13K in dislikes, not far off from how many likes.

Maybe that's more my issue, JRE's listening base.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #38

Another good episode.. Great in fact, I'll probably follow these two now

Old 06-04-2020, 01:29 AM   #39
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I like David Pakman, I listen to his podcast actually. Loved the way he challenged Joe on a lot of his bullshit, Joe didn't have much to come back with, as all these guys do.

It's a pity he rarely has the Pakman-types on the show, though. He responds to what his fanbase wants, if you check the Youtube for this interview, it's got 13K in dislikes, not far off from how many likes.

Maybe that's more my issue, JRE's listening base.
Joe's got a good range of lefties on. Krystal Ball finally made it on today with her conservative co-host Saagar. Kyle Kulinski has been on multiple times, as has Jimmy Dore.

I used to like Pakman but the few times I've seen him go head to head with any of the pseudo intellectuals online, he doesn't seem to perform that well IMO.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #40
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I really enjoyed David Choe on Rogan.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #41

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Love David Choe.

I don't listen to JRE any longer, but I listened to this one, huge fan of David, back from the Thumbs Up days.

He's an extremely interesting individual, to think he went to the Congo on his own back in the early 90's is absolutely amazing. He's such a renaissance man, could listen to him for hours more.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote