REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #26
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Anyone build a Lack enclosure like this? https://all3dp.com/2/ikea-3d-printer...sure-tutorial/

Recommendations for a custom plexiglass place?
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:09 PM   #27
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You fool. You are suppose to print a Benchy first!!!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:763622
So I went full send yolo and got a Bambu Labs P1P

This time I printed the benchy first, lol.

God damn, it busted it out in 20 minutes.

Videos of it going ham - https://imgur.com/a/AZzDGv1

Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2023, 07:06 AM   #28
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
is there a popular user friendly go to budget printer out there? would it be the voxelab linked in the previous page?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:44 AM   #29
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
So I went full send yolo and got a Bambu Labs P1P

This time I printed the benchy first, lol.

God damn, it busted it out in 20 minutes.

Videos of it going ham - https://imgur.com/a/AZzDGv1
If your P1P didn't come with the LED light and camera, make sure to check your email on redeeming those two free upgrades. More info below:
https://store.bambulab.com/pages/bambu-lab-p1p-update

Quote:
But that's not all - we're committed to making sure that all of our customers have the best possible experience with P1P. For those who purchased P1P without the early bird gift, we'd like to offer a one-time compensation to send the camera and LED light for free. Keep an eye out for an email from us this week with a gift voucher to redeem the camera and LED light at our official web store.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #30
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
If your P1P didn't come with the LED light and camera, make sure to check your email on redeeming those two free upgrades. More info below:
https://store.bambulab.com/pages/bambu-lab-p1p-update
Yeah, I was browsing the subreddit last night and noticed it. Going to put in an order tonight. Too bad they ran out of basic PLA.. could've ordered some to get free shipping and save money on filament at the same time.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2023, 11:58 PM   #31
Say! Say! Say!

God damn. Second day of owning the P1P and it's literally a dream machine. All I've been doing is just dropping STLs into the slicer, printing things on default settings (+/- some minor settings) and they all come out fast as hell looking perfect.

I printed an espresso puck screen holder. It took 3 hours on my previous printer at 0.15 layer height with missed layers and seam nubs. I printed the same thing at 0.20 layer height on the P1P and it took only 38 minutes with a flawless result.

I've done absolutely zero calibration on this machine. It just works and it fucking rocks.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2023, 11:40 AM   #32

Did you get the AMS as well? That’ll make the experience even better
Old 04-05-2023, 12:07 PM   #33
Say! Say! Say!

No AMS for now, but it is nice that I can purchase it and print an adapter to mount it on my P1P.

I'm currently looking at different spool holders that I can mount at the top. For some reason Bambu put the spool holder mount directly above the poop chute, which causes some clearance issues.

Did you print a poop chute attachment? I was looking at some yesterday. Not a lot of options out there for something that can "pop off" for easy dumping of purged filament. That and I'm worried about vibrations causing rattles with the attachment. This machine vibrates like mad, lol.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:41 PM   #34

Quote:
No AMS for now, but it is nice that I can purchase it and print an adapter to mount it on my P1P.

I'm currently looking at different spool holders that I can mount at the top. For some reason Bambu put the spool holder mount directly above the poop chute, which causes some clearance issues.

Did you print a poop chute attachment? I was looking at some yesterday. Not a lot of options out there for something that can "pop off" for easy dumping of purged filament. That and I'm worried about vibrations causing rattles with the attachment. This machine vibrates like mad, lol.
I printed a small one in the link below - it's low-profile and I don't use my printer too much so it's large enough for me. It has a hole for you to insert a 0.5"d x 0.1"h magnet.

https://www.printables.com/model/333...tic-poop-chute
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2023, 08:41 PM   #35
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
I printed a small one in the link below - it's low-profile and I don't use my printer too much so it's large enough for me. It has a hole for you to insert a 0.5"d x 0.1"h magnet.

https://www.printables.com/model/333...tic-poop-chute
Where did you buy your magnet? I'm having trouble finding both a 0.5" diameter magnet that's also 0.1" in height.

Is the magnet strong enough to hold the chute up or should it be supported by something below?

I currently have my printer on an Ikea Lack table, thinking of putting the printer on a concrete slab to make the table vibrate less and add more stabilization.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:56 AM   #36

I don't have a magnet in mine so the chute just rests on the surface. I check on it periodically and reposition it if it moves away from the printer's vibration.

Just did a quick local search and it looks like these guys sell the right size. Better than buying 20pcs on Amazon.
https://leeselectronic.com/en/produc...ISC12X3MM.html
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2023, 07:12 PM   #37
Say! Say! Say!

Bought a 16x16 concrete paver and printed some Ikea Lack brackets. Table is probably as sturdy as it gets now. Not sure if I need the rubber on top of the concrete or if I should just let the printer rest directly on it.

I was at Ikea, ended up picking a small pack of neodymium magnets from KMS Tools for the poop chute. Super glued the magnet and it's working very well. Let me know if you'd like one, I can drop it off next time I'm in your area.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 07:20 AM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Any of you guys with a printer willing to print something for me for material costs + fee?
https://www.printables.com/model/342...ing-stand-for-

I would imagine it'd be cheaper than Etsy :-D
OriginalJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 08:46 AM   #39
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJC View Post
Any of you guys with a printer willing to print something for me for material costs + fee?
https://www.printables.com/model/342...ing-stand-for-

I would imagine it'd be cheaper than Etsy :-D
I can try a print for you later today. Looks like it's about $2 of filament based on what's mentioned in the link.

EDIT: Ok, I don't have PETG. Will need to buy some first.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 04-10-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #40

Quote:
I can try a print for you later today. Looks like it's about $2 of filament based on what's mentioned in the link.

EDIT: Ok, I don't have PETG. Will need to buy some first.
Not sure what materials cost, but happy to pay $30 this thing :-D
Old 04-10-2023, 01:26 PM   #41
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJC View Post
Not sure what materials cost, but happy to pay $30 this thing :-D
It should only cost around $2 in filament at $30/1KG if I nail the print on the first try.

I'm just happy to put this machine to good use and yours can be the first PETG print I try on it.

A few of my friends came over on the weekend and saw the machine. They were amazed at the SD card box I printed for them, lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 09:09 PM   #42
Say! Say! Say!

Pretty good for a first print.

I used the same settings I used for PLA and the default PETG filament temperature (255/80). Had some minor stringing and nubs that I needed to clean up at the end, but screws came out perfect.

Screws go in perfectly, but was a little tight so I added a bit of lube. It's perfect now.

I think next time I print PETG, I'll lower the temperature to 240 for the hotend and then see if I need to adjust the speed.

Going to try another print. Send me a PM @OriginalJC for when you want to pick this up.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 09:31 PM   #43

Quote:

Pretty good for a first print.

I used the same settings I used for PLA and the default PETG filament temperature (255/80). Had some minor stringing and nubs that I needed to clean up at the end, but screws came out perfect.

Screws go in perfectly, but was a little tight so I added a bit of lube. It's perfect now.

I think next time I print PETG, I'll lower the temperature to 240 for the hotend and then see if I need to adjust the speed.

Going to try another print. Send me a PM @OriginalJC for when you want to pick this up.
Nice that’s awesome. And quick! I’ll send you a PM, cheers
Old 04-26-2023, 05:38 AM   #44
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
What are some recommendations for an office printer with a budget of $800.

Most likely be used just to print out mini models of some of our construction projects or conceptual designs. Ideally beginner friendly so other people in the office can use it and low maintenance as we probably don't have time to continually tinker around with it much after it works.

I've been looking at the Ender S1 Pro, but I heard Prusa actually makes more reliable printers that just work out of the box better. Any other suggestions? I feel with that budget, I have a lot of options to get what (the company) pay for... but not everything is necessarily good just because it's expensive.

I'm currently using the Voxelab Aquila (Ender 3 clone), so not sure if that should factor in the decision in which brand to go with, as I'll be the guy that's going to show the other staff how to use it.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:18 AM   #45

^ I think you should stretch that budget a tiny bit and go with the P1P.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:21 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
^ I think you should stretch that budget a tiny bit and go with the P1P.
Not my call, lol.
This is a big firm so $1k is peanuts, but still, need to go through hoops of management and I'm a small fry.

At this point, it's more of a "We can get a 3D printer and do fun stuff with it if the price is right" kind of thing. Our business definitely doesn't need it to make money.

What's the main benefits of P1P over one of those more common ones? I'll have to convince my boss who'll have to convince his, and his, so forth. If that's the case.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:32 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Not my call, lol.
This is a big firm so $1k is peanuts, but still, need to go through hoops of management and I'm a small fry.

At this point, it's more of a "We can get a 3D printer and do fun stuff with it if the price is right" kind of thing. Our business definitely doesn't need it to make money.

What's the main benefits of P1P over one of those more common ones? I'll have to convince my boss who'll have to convince his, and his, so forth. If that's the case.
I came from a Ender 3 V2 and went to a X1 (basically a P1P with an enclosure) so my experience is slightly different, but it comes down to:
1) Print speed
2) Print reliability (no constant fiddling)
3) Print quality
4) Ability to send print jobs over a network out of the box (if that matters)
5) Works out of the box
6) App support (if that matters)

Everything just works out of the box and what you'll save in upfront cost will be negated by its print speed and time saved from not having to constantly tinker with the machine.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2023, 12:21 PM   #48
Say! Say! Say!

+1 for the P1P.

It's as close as you can get to an idiot-proof 3D printer, which is perfect for me, lol.
Old 04-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #49
Say! Say! Say!

Anyone ever used recycled PLA?
Old 04-28-2023, 03:03 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)?

Any other alternatives that are cheaper? lol.
Apparently upper management said $650-800 for a 3D printer, so $800 would already be at the upper limit. Don't think $1k for the P1P is gonna work.