REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 04-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #51
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Any other alternatives that are cheaper? lol.
Apparently upper management said $650-800 for a 3D printer, so $800 would already be at the upper limit. Don't think $1k for the P1P is gonna work.
I have no experience with this, but the Ender 7 is $400 on sale right now and fits your budget.

https://www.digitmakers.ca/products/...-etl-certified

Advertisement
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:32 PM   #52
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,400 Posts
Out of curiosity, what are you guys planning on using the 3D printer to make and print? Depending on its use case, it will determine the filament needed and not all printers support the same type of filaments.

For example, most common filaments are PLA/PETG and don't need any enclosure or exhaust fans. But if you guys plan on printing anything in say ABS, you'll need them.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:39 AM   #53
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Out of curiosity, what are you guys planning on using the 3D printer to make and print? Depending on its use case, it will determine the filament needed and not all printers support the same type of filaments.

For example, most common filaments are PLA/PETG and don't need any enclosure or exhaust fans. But if you guys plan on printing anything in say ABS, you'll need them.

Most likely just replica models.
Because of fumes, I doubt we'll be using ABS.
A printer with a quiet fan would be nice too as it's going to be placed near some cubicles.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:28 PM   #54
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,397 Times in 3,473 Posts
creality has a k1 coming out to compete with thew bamboo. It will be $799.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #55
Say! Say! Say!

For anyone that wants to get into 3D printing, this is a very nice deal on a used machine to get your toes wet without spending much.

Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:12 PM   #56

Looks like Bambu Lab is discounting the P1P by $130 as part of their 1-year anniversary sale.

https://ca.store.bambulab.com/products/p1p
Old 07-07-2023, 04:17 PM   #57
Say! Say! Say!

Noticing warping of corners on my larger prints. I think it's temperature related since it's always gradual and there's a layer shift higher up (first layer lays down well based on what I can see).

Now I wish I had gotten the X1C since printing/building an enclosure is a bit of work.

Old 07-10-2023, 04:10 AM   #58
Say! Say! Say!

Hopefully they release the enclosure as an add-on for the existing P1P.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #59

Thanked 1,152 Times in 389 Posts
Quote:
https://twitter.com/BambulabGlobal/s...46161499906048

Hopefully they release the enclosure as an add-on for the existing P1P.
They did. $190

https://ca.store.bambulab.com/produc...1s-upgrade-kit
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:46 PM   #60
Say! Say! Say!

Yeah, saw it this morning. Pricing is in line with what I expected - $100-150 USD.

Good deal for folks buying the P1S now. Occupies same price point as the P1P before the permanent price drop during their one year anniversary sale.

I'll probably snag this when it becomes available - missed the first batch today.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:19 PM   #61
Say! Say! Say!

Anyone with the AMS having issues with cardboard spools?
Old 08-23-2023, 09:34 PM   #62

^I thought AMS doesn't play well with cardboard spools since day 1 because of shedding? What sort of problems are you having with yours?
Old 08-23-2023, 10:47 PM   #63
Say! Say! Say!

Oh, no problems yet. Just thinking about buying one, but I read cardboard spools aren't great.

Probably not an issue if I was using Bambu filament since it comes on the reusable plastic spools and they sell refills, but the brand I'm using (local family owned and Victoria-based called Matter3D) only comes with cardboard spools.

I believe it's pressed cardboard and I haven't noticed dust on the filament holder.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:25 AM   #64
Say! Say! Say!

Radeonboy, what's the longest you can bridge with PETG without drooping?

https://www.printables.com/model/289...-test/comments

I seem to have an issue with 50mm bridges. They start off okay, but gradually droops as the second and third layer gets placed on top.

Tried a bunch of settings (nozzle temp, min/max part cooling, bridge flow ratio, thick bridges, bridge speed) but haven't found anything that works.

I know PETG sucks for bridging, but am I expecting too much? 50mm doesn't seem very long.

Not sure if I should be placing the print closer to the auxiliary fan and blasting it. I've been test printing without the auxiliary fan on.

Old 08-26-2023, 11:53 AM   #65

I've never tested my machine's limits on bridging, but I can try that print and get back to you on that. I use my machine for very simple prints and always shied away from complex prints that need a lot of tweaking in the slicer.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:01 PM   #66
Say! Say! Say!

Thanks, just been bored so been trying to tweak my PETG profile since I don't print much with it. I think I have the setting dialed pretty well in general, but trying to see if I can get the bridging better.

I didn't test the same print with my PLA profile, but I'm sure I could easily bridge 50mm without an issue.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2023, 04:27 PM   #67
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Would you guys get the Bambu P1S or the Creality K1?

I've been printing with the Creality CR6-SE and been wanting to upgrade and I think it may be time. I like the idea of how fast these printers print as well as having it fully enclosed. I do want to try printing with PETG and ABS in the future and I never tried with the CR6-SE due to the temps required. I also only got this CR6-SE for about $140 from a friend so I don't feel too bad spending a bit more getting one of the above

I've been doing a lot more Fusion360 stuff and trying to build things for my sim rig like attachments and the print speed would make prototyping so much faster.

I do eventually also want to build my own wheel from scratch
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:55 PM   #68
Say! Say! Say!

Creality K1 seems like ass from all the reviews. I've seen two of them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace and they all said they preferred their Bambus. Here's one example.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...48256338634401

Bambu is coming out with some new stuff on the 20th, so might want to wait until after.

I currently have the P1P upgraded to the P1S and I love it. Been getting some ringing on my prints lately, but could be my table being wobbly. Haven't had time to troubleshoot it.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2023, 05:24 PM   #69

Quote:
Creality K1 seems like ass from all the reviews. I've seen two of them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace and they all said they preferred their Bambus. Here's one example.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...48256338634401

Bambu is coming out with some new stuff on the 20th, so might want to wait until after.

I currently have the P1P upgraded to the P1S and I love it. Been getting some ringing on my prints lately, but could be my table being wobbly. Haven't had time to troubleshoot it.
Started watching a lot more videos and that is indeed the general consensus.

I'll def wait it out until the 20th to see what they announce or release.

Is there any way to pay USD on the Bambu site? I have some USD on my PayPal that I was hoping to use on this but doesn't seem like there's a way to
Old 09-15-2023, 05:53 PM   #70
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Started watching a lot more videos and that is indeed the general consensus.

I'll def wait it out until the 20th to see what they announce or release.

Is there any way to pay USD on the Bambu site? I have some USD on my PayPal that I was hoping to use on this but doesn't seem like there's a way to
You could maybe order it on the USA site and then pick it up across the border? They charged me in CAD though I think since it was the Canada website.
Old 09-16-2023, 11:39 AM   #71

Quote:
Thanks, just been bored so been trying to tweak my PETG profile since I don't print much with it. I think I have the setting dialed pretty well in general, but trying to see if I can get the bridging better.

I didn't test the same print with my PLA profile, but I'm sure I could easily bridge 50mm without an issue.
Forgot to respond to this. I printed this out in my usual settings and not sure how to interpret the results here.

Spool was sitting in about 41% humidity. Don't remember what settings I used, but I can probably retrieve that info for you if you tell me what I should look for.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:51 AM   #72

So the A1 mini is def not what I'm looking for so will be thinking of pulling the trigger towards the P1S.

Would you guys get the AMS? I figured it seems to be a pretty good deal since I can do multi color prints and it even has the dehumidifier built in which is something I was going to consider picking up anyways (for 1 roll)
Old 09-20-2023, 11:59 AM   #73
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Forgot to respond to this. I printed this out in my usual settings and not sure how to interpret the results here.

Spool was sitting in about 41% humidity. Don't remember what settings I used, but I can probably retrieve that info for you if you tell me what I should look for.
Ok, yours is way worse than mine, lol. I was only having issues on the 50mm bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
So the A1 mini is def not what I'm looking for so will be thinking of pulling the trigger towards the P1S.

Would you guys get the AMS? I figured it seems to be a pretty good deal since I can do multi color prints and it even has the dehumidifier built in which is something I was going to consider picking up anyways (for 1 roll)
I got the AMS, but haven't did much multi-colour printing yet. The combo price is nice though, so I think if you're thinking about it, I'd get the P1S AMS combo.

The AMS just keeps the existing filament dry since there's an airtight seal. The desiccant doesn't actually draw moisture out from the filament, only the air locked inside. If you get wet filament, you'll still want to dry the spool, and spools can be wet out of the box which will lead to bad print quality or failed prints.

Some people use a food dehydrator to dry their spools. There's also an ongoing kickstarter for the Sunlu S4, which can dry 4 different spools at the same time. Thinking about grabbing one. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-filadryer-s4/

Luckily, I don't think I've encountered any wet rolls yet..
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2023, 12:40 PM   #74

Quote:
Ok, yours is way worse than mine, lol. I was only having issues on the 50mm bridge.

I got the AMS, but haven't did much multi-colour printing yet. The combo price is nice though, so I think if you're thinking about it, I'd get the P1S AMS combo.

The AMS just keeps the existing filament dry since there's an airtight seal. The desiccant doesn't actually draw moisture out from the filament, only the air locked inside. If you get wet filament, you'll still want to dry the spool, and spools can be wet out of the box which will lead to bad print quality or failed prints.

Some people use a food dehydrator to dry their spools. There's also an ongoing kickstarter for the Sunlu S4, which can dry 4 different spools at the same time. Thinking about grabbing one. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-filadryer-s4/

Luckily, I don't think I've encountered any wet rolls yet..
Ahh gotcha, thanks for clarifying that. That makes a lot more sense. When I was looking through their product page it talked about keeping the filament dry so I assumed that's what it meant.

Do you also stick to just the bambu lab filament or do you use generic amazon ones as well?
Old 09-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #75
Say! Say! Say!

I buy from Matter3D since it's a local Victoria business and their prices are unbeatable when buying 8 spools (an automatic 25% discount on PLA/PETG).

The Bambu ones are probably easier to work with as a newbie since they have profiles that are automatically loaded via RFID tags. Third party filament need calibrating for the best print quality and can take a little time.
This post thanked by: