REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:47 AM   #26
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
and I now make more sounds when I pee than when I poop.
Jeezuz, STI? And I'm not talking a Subaru. lol
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #27
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,226 Posts
Grey hairs are one thing, anyone else getting thick single hairs growing out of their ear cartilage? Wtf is this shit?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:13 AM   #28
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Grey hairs are one thing, anyone else getting thick single hairs growing out of their ear cartilage? Wtf is this shit?
Yeah, I tweeze the random thick hairs that grow on the part of your ear called the "tragus".

At what age did you guys start experiencing hair loss???
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
^^ YES THIS. I was going to contribute this too, I have a single "pube" that's started to grow out the middle of my damn ear cartilage. WTF. I find vast enjoyment plucking the damn thing though.

Any ways. I've been thinking about this same topic for some time. I turned 40 a couple of years ago and have noticed changes. 30s were like meh, same old same old but the 40s so far have been different for me. I'm noticing deterioration in strength and stamina for sure.

Things I used to be able to lift or move around and physical work I used to endure.. I'm sadly beginning to understand that those days are behind me.
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #30
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
TLDR; Places where hair is growing where it didn’t before lol
Old 11-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
We moved a couple of months ago. Some old neighbours asked us if we were going to do the move ourselves. My wife and I both looked at each other, a bit dumbfounded at the question, and said, "No, we hired movers and are renting boxes to pack up our things".

Doing a move on your own is when you're in your 20s and early 30s when you're broke and have no kids. You know when you're old when you have too much crap, nice furniture, etc. and have to hire movers.
Lol 100%, I'm never moving shit again and I'm never helping anyone move if your a good friend and ask me for help I'll offer you some money towards your move.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #32
MG1

But the comradeship is priceless, not.

I offer my truck and trailer and say, “This is my contribution. Don’t like it? Rent a truck.” I don’t even pack. Break something and I’ll feel like shit for a grand total of 16 seconds.l, depending on item.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #33
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Personally speaking, the worst part of growing old is seeing your parents and relatives all ageing and dying off. While I understand that death is an inevitable part of life, it doesn't make it any easier to experience.

My dad turned 70 at the start of the year and we found out he has terminal pancreatic cancer back in March.

You guys have no idea how hard it was having to be the "strong" one during our diagnosis meeting with the oncologist. The life expectancy of a terminal pancreatic cancer patient that doesn't go through treatment is on average 6 months. The life expectancy of someone that goes through treatment is about 1.5-2 years. Obviously, these numbers are just an average and each person could live longer or shorter and it just depends on how 'lucky' you are.

His hair has grown a little bit compared to when he first started chemotherapy and the tumours have either remained stable or reduced in size, so we know that he's improving a little bit. However, we know our time with him is limited, considering regular pancreatic cancer patients have a 7-8% 5-year life expectancy, let alone someone that's terminal.

Everyone only has 1 set of parents so make sure to check in on them, especially during these COVID times of isolation.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #34
linguistic ninja

So sorry to hear of that Ch28. I hope your dad comes through it with as little pain as possible, however much time he has.

Fuck Cancer, esp. Pancreatic. Still gets me choked up watching Jeopardy right now knowing Alex Trebek worked literally until his last days

Old 11-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I have so much white hair on the side of my head. Picked up my dad genes, white hair early. I am in mid 30's....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:54 PM   #36
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
That's my fade starts with 0 guard....

For that 10 days or less, I'm (grey) free.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #37
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Yes!

I have one that grows right on my "tragus"

And I have to shave it off.. It's wiry and thick so it's hard to shave too

Edit: I guess I'm not the only one. Maybe I should pluck it instead
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #38
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I've got lots of ear hairs I think it's cuz I shaved some odd fine hairs before n they just came back thicker n thicker so now my helix n tragus get a shave
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #39
linguistic ninja

Yes, it's the Tragus for me too!

Also getting wiry thick single hairs in the eyebrows and nosehairs. Not a huge deal but just some other things I've noticed. Facial hair seems to be coming in higher on the cheek as well in single hairs

Old 11-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Spread your wisdom to the young people on revscene MG1, what's one of your best advice.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #41
MG1

For the hair?

I got me one of these and it works. Practice makes perfect. First few times, I thought it was a huge waste of money. I did get it at 60% off at the Aberdeen Zwilling Warehouse Clearance Centre.

https://www.zwilling.com/ca/zwilling...archsuggestion

Other ones out there, but you know............. brand power, lol.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #42
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
i don't know about ear hair. never occurred to me to check over on the side of my head. but i did notice some long eyebrow hairs. like i have 1 that's getting close to the length of my eyebrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:22 PM   #43

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
In life in general
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #44
MG1

Best advice.... fuck as much as you can. Fuck until it drops off............. never mind this save yourself for the right person crap, 'cause when you get old, it ain't gonna happen as much as you'd hope. Plus, you could get hit by a bus waiting for the right person and die a fricken virgin.

Having said that, no glove, no love.

I learned that the hard way when I was in college. Thank god for Alexander Flemming. Nuff said.

In my youth, I was madly in love with this one girl, my father gave me some good advice. "Son, there are two types of girls in this world. Ones you have fun with (can't remember the exact words) and the ones you marry." You save your heart for the right person.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #45
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
This one hasn't been mentioned yet, so is it just me, or is it happening to some of you guys as well?

I'm getting random and not-so-random muscle aches / stiffness / knots / trigger point / DOMS issues that either don't go away, or are only going away very, very sloooooowly. If I were doing physical work / physical stuff and I get them, at least I understand where they are coming from, and can try to take counter measures (like stretching, massage, etc.) to minimize and mitigate them. The ones that pisses me off is, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, and all of a sudden this band of muscle becomes super stiff and sore like I have just punished it with a 3 hr workout.

At any given time, there are at least a couple of places where I am stiff and sore. If I have the means to afford it, I'm sure I could use a couple hours' worth of deep tissue massage everyday.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:39 AM   #46
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
CBD is your friend bro, inflammation caused pains were all but eliminated when i was taking CBD, pretty crazy
Old 12-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Keep the mind young everyone!
Old 12-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #48

For me it has been injuries. Didn't have a major injury playing soccer for over 20 years. In the past two years I have had severe shoulder and ankle injuries that never properly healed. Retired from soccer and still going to see doctors and physios for these injuries. The body just won't heal itself like it did in my 20's.

Agree with watching your parents age. It is tough - even though they are in good health right now, you never know what could happen Although my dad is 73 and is in better shape than I am, he can do 10 chin ups without even trying.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #49
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
For me it has been injuries. Didn't have a major injury playing soccer for over 20 years. In the past two years I have had severe shoulder and ankle injuries that never properly healed. Retired from soccer and still going to see doctors and physios for these injuries. The body just won't heal itself like it did in my 20's.
Esp when it comes to playing sports, I find that we really have to know how to pace ourselves now; otherwise it becomes far too easy to get injured, and then it is just no fun.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #50
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Dad got kidney cancer last yr in Nov, removed one and March full chemo. Happy and normal as F right now, he is 71. Cousin just passed away yesterday on route to hospital just due to headache; took an advil, went back to bed. Lips turned blue and called the ambulance. Awaiting final autopsy.

I am turning 40 and I am in the best shape of my life due to a lot of good community exercise; cycling + ping pong. Family matters the most, please go spend time with them.

STOP being BUSY is my key one.

Pic from the book Essentialism.

Got a promotion?
got married / have a kid?
Family Death
Health scare?

You can add fire to one of the burners. You can put more time on 1 burners maybe 2 MAX.. something has to give!

I am saying no to A LOT of things. Don't give a shit on TV, wrote off watching sports. Don't give a shit about friends for the sake of 'hanging out' just to get shit face. Don't get me wrong, we all have our vices... pick and choose.

2) Build friends and learn something. Friends are like seasons. It's OK if they come and go. ESP during COVID. My social community went down to zero, those who stayed around were true friends. I joined a few book clubs which were extremely benefitial.

I wanted to ensure I am remembered and be doing stuff within a community. Last thing I want is to be known to have watched all Netflix videos and only have a IG followers.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: