REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2021, 12:13 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Fuel prices to skyrocket... How long can this planet sustain its growing population?

I dont watch the following Utopia TV show but it brings to mind some startling facts about oil eventually running out with massive increases in human populations that could lead to world wide violent clashes.

Future wars are said to be over fresh water resources but perhaps nuclear technology will convert salt water so that wont be a big problem.

How would you implement population control when not all countries will be in-agreement of, for example a one child policy as China used to practice in the past?

Utopia party scene - A monologue on overpopulation

https://gloria.tv/post/UFvfHSyw9ksK1iRoWoTLGY4fK
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2021, 03:57 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Climate change will make earth uninhabitable before this happens, don't worry
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2021, 05:35 AM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^^^ Climate change is natural, its a cycle, we're in an interglacial period that didn't start long ago (time wise) its going to get a lot hotter regardless of mans attempts at intervention, it may even get a lot cooler depending on the earth/space (mega eruptions etc) /shrug

ppl just like freaking out about one thing or another, make mountains out of molehills, and our egos are too big to realize we're insignificant
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:58 AM   #4
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
get ready for climate lockdowns
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
^^^^ Climate change is natural, its a cycle, we're in an interglacial period that didn't start long ago (time wise) its going to get a lot hotter regardless of mans attempts at intervention, it may even get a lot cooler depending on the earth/space (mega eruptions etc) /shrug

ppl just like freaking out about one thing or another, make mountains out of molehills, and our egos are too big to realize we're insignificant
Can I please join you in 1999? I miss it too
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #6
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
So stop pouring motor oil down the drain?
Old 10-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
which post apocalyptic scenario are we looking at?

Mad Max?
Waterworld?
Resident Evil/Army of the Dead?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:38 AM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Can I please join you in 1999? I miss it too
It's great but lonely
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:50 AM   #9

UN report warns of global water crisis amid climate change

Honestly I can't stand to read this stuff, knowing there's nothing I can do about it. This generation will likely be gone before it gets too bad (who really knows though) and that is a morbidly comforting though.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:26 AM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I feel like Canada is well ahead in terms of doing their part in combating climate change with all the green initiatives. I just find the constant conversation we need to do more is becoming stupid now. We should start helping out countries that don't have the resources. What good is it when say for example Canada a green leader, and then say 10 countries under-sourced to even have the basic living needs (yet alone target climate change). It's team-work to make the world a better place.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #11
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
The problem is -- a lot of the times, the countries that do not have the resources also happen to have governments that are at least rather corrupt and/or inefficient. And green stuff are all expensive, and requires on-going support to keep them running. There is just no easy way to go about doing it.

On the issue of how long the planet can sustain a growing population, recall that most (all?) 1st world countries are either population neutral or experiencing both population decline and an aging population. It is the less developed worlds that are still fueling the population growth. An additional point to consider is -- the economy everywhere across the world is pretty much built on a model that requires population growth. It is no coincidence that Japan's declining population is at least partially aligned with its 30-year economic slump.

I am really sorry to say this -- but IMO, the human race is doomed. Hopefully, I'll be dead long before the whole world collapses down on us though...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #12
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Are we also gonna run out of covid vaccines charles? I need my 20th dose of motor oil

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Pretty sure you were trying to post the John Cusack speech in Utopia on Amazon Prime. Decent theory though. Lots of people that believe in the Georgia Guidestones. Humans should be culled so the elite can survive.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:39 AM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

Yes that clip is in the second link you just quoted.
I think any culling is to do with better control and efficiency to reach goals.
Theres also the X-Files episode that talks about generational passing down of a mechanism that causes death.
You can see one of the scientists is clueless but Scully knows better... the DDT pesticide used to be sprayed on everything, from directly being sprayed on children (theres Youtube video) to playgrounds ect... this moved up the food chain from grass to cows milk which caused Polo like symptoms.
As expected this put the public in fear mode and they lined up for Polo shots. Little do people know or as Scully was probably eluding to was that a monkey virus tainted those shots which create cancers.
Last year I had posted a CBC documentary talking about a mother whose child had a tumour in its brain and that same cancer causing virus from the shot had been found in the biopsies meaning the mother had infected the child with it.

Truth be known that the reason why many die today of heart attacks and cancer is because of seed and vegetable oils... that kind of fat oxidizes unlike the animal fats that humans were using previously without such ailments.

So part of the grand scheme is to make people sick and take their life earnings at a ripe age of 70.
As the elites reach their goals of empire building they yet feed cheap food to the populace all the while killing them early for efficiency.

Lastly I think this whole Extinction Rebellion agenda is also to further tax (the more poor the more childless) but also served with a side dish of continuous in your face gay agenda seeing those leader trannies prance about in the protests.
Systemic homosexuality is the other population control device.

Quote:
Climate change will make earth uninhabitable before this happens, don't worry
I bet were heading into a warming cycle that will devastate a few populations but never close to real danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
get ready for climate lockdowns
More like find more excuses to empty citizens pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

Mad Max?
Waterworld?
Russia, China and Iran are independent allied nations that should be stable and come to rational problem solving like limiting the number of children.
I dont believe China took to extremes, like forcefully aborting fetuses when it had its limited child policy, but probably more in terms of punishments.

I believe the majority of other countries are mostly under the control of the Anglo empire and will be met with sneaky die off plots and not chaos scenarios unless of course said empire decides to go to war with the independent countries I mentioned above.

Quote:
UN report warns of global water crisis amid climate change

Honestly I can't stand to read this stuff, knowing there's nothing I can do about it. This generation will likely be gone before it gets too bad (who really knows though) and that is a morbidly comforting though.
There is nuclear technology to help but with places like Africa I dont think its all about water drying up in most places... but people far away from underground aquifers that would have no access.
One reason the powers that be nefariously wanted Gaddafi dead, another is the African gold coin currency he wanted to implement. A destitute Africa equals a resource rich Europe.

Quote:
Contracts were awarded in 2001-02 for the next phase of Libya’s Great Man-Made River project, an enormous, long-term undertaking to supply the country’s needs by drawing water from aquifers beneath the Sahara and conveying it along a network of huge underground pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I feel like Canada is well ahead in terms of doing their part in combating climate change with all the green initiatives. I just find the constant conversation we need to do more is becoming stupid now. We should start helping out countries that don't have the resources. What good is it when say for example Canada a green leader, and then say 10 countries under-sourced to even have the basic living needs (yet alone target climate change). It's team-work to make the world a better place.
You couldnt be more wrong. Canada is one of the top leaders in pollution... it burns 1 part energy to extract 2 parts from tar sands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Are we also gonna run out of covid vaccines charles? I need my 20th dose of motor oil
Im curious would you take 1 to 2 booster shot a year for the next 10 years if it was passport mandatory?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 10-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
wasn't it predicted we'd be out of petrol by now back in the 80s
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Does it matter? Aren't we going all Electric in the next 10 years?
Tesla is going to save us all.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:13 PM   #17
I subscribe to Revscene

Coal burning still powers a good portion of electricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
wasn't it predicted we'd be out of petrol by now back in the 80s
There are new oil field discoveries every so often... but its still a limited supply.

Censorship hitting new levels.

This is the best explanation Ive read on our planets cycles.
Quote:
The Milankovitch Theory explains the 3 cyclical changes in Earth's orbit and tilt that cause the climate fluctuations occuring over tens of thousands of years to hundreds of thousands of years. These fluctuations include changes in the shape (eccentricity) of Earth's orbit, the tilt (obliquity) of Earth's axis, and the wobbling (precession) of Earth's axis.
Eccentricity

Climate Science Investigations South Florida - Temperature Over Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

On the issue of how long the planet can sustain a growing population, recall that most (all?) 1st world countries are either population neutral or experiencing both population decline and an aging population. It is the less developed worlds that are still fueling the population growth. An additional point to consider is -- the economy everywhere across the world is pretty much built on a model that requires population growth. It is no coincidence that Japan's declining population is at least partially aligned with its 30-year economic slump.

An interesting look at population growths. Financial uncertainty seems like the key problem for people having less children in the advanced countries.

Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 10-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
^ so... Canada are not having enough babies?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:18 PM   #19
I subscribe to Revscene

It has a low fertility rate. To keep a population the same every couple needs to have 2 children. 2 parents die, 2 offspring stay alive.

Note in the video above it mentions one reason women are having less children is for more opportunities.

Opportunities like commuting to work

Paying taxes

All that work and saving $5000 a year
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #20
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Pretty sure low birth rates have to do with income inequality. Basically the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer.

I don't know about you guys, but if you can barely afford a roof over your head, pretty sure you're not wanting to bring another human being into the world.

Just a thought.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:26 PM   #21
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Pretty sure low birth rates have to do with income inequality. Basically the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer.

I don't know about you guys, but if you can barely afford a roof over your head, pretty sure you're not wanting to bring another human being into the world.

Just a thought.
India has entered the chat

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #22
I bringith the lowerballerith

COWspiracy comes to mind. It's a documentary on netflix.

Husbandry to feed billions of people meat and the amount of resource it uses up.
After watching cowspriacy, ive started to eat vegetarian/vegan dishes here and there. Not for the compassion of animals but because it helps the Earth.

Also we are moving towards a sharing economy. Think modo, lime, tool rentals, etc etc, just reducing all the redundancy's with a more connected network of humans.

All buildings and houses with solar panels that produce electricity and not just use but provide back the surplus energy back in to the grid.

Its going to take a long time but if EVERYONE believes this is the way, humans will get that shit done fast.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #23
Need to Seek Professional Help

Nothing really to worry about. We'll see another global cataclysm soon enough and our civilization will be reset again.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #24
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
COWspiracy comes to mind. It's a documentary on netflix.

Husbandry to feed billions of people meat and the amount of resource it uses up.
After watching cowspriacy, ive started to eat vegetarian/vegan dishes here and there. Not for the compassion of animals but because it helps the Earth.

Cows can feed on land which is not suitable for farming. The veggy movement is in line with the cheap fat oil movement to reduce life expectancy.

Eating less Meat won't save the Planet. Here's Why
youtube.com/watch?v=sGG-A80Tl5g

Are Cows really Bad for the Planet? Why did we start blaming them?
youtube.com/watch?v=SdrhpThqlCo
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 10-11-2021, 09:00 AM   #25
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

Mad Max?
Waterworld?
Resident Evil x Mad Max combo for sure.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote