REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #451
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Go Max!

Ferrari should just quit
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:38 AM   #452
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,848 Times in 1,782 Posts
Calling the championships lost for Red Bull after Austria isn't aging too well now
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:39 AM   #453

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-31-2022 at 09:48 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2022, 10:14 AM   #454
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Lol ferrari

You'll see in 6 months
Old 07-31-2022, 10:29 AM   #455
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
Norris did well hanging on the hard tires, perhaps would it have been worth sticking with the hards for Leclerc instead of losing time pitting again for the softs?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:30 AM   #456

Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
I watched the first 25 laps before pausing it and I figured this was going to be an easy Ferrari 1-2 then I opened up Reddit and WTF?!?!

Now I gotta watch the rest of the race out of morbid curiosity.
I was watching the highlights on YouTube thinking it was going to be an easy win for Ferrari.

I see that Max spun, but still wins the race.

And Ferrari out of the podium positions?!

I definitely need to watch this race in its entirety to fully understand what happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:17 PM   #457
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,603 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Calling the championships lost for Red Bull after Austria isn't aging too well now
They still have the fastest car, Leclerc just needs to be in the car and in the booth at the same time.

At this rate we'll be seeing a Red Bull & Mercedes 1-2 at the end of the year
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:18 PM   #458

Thanked 1,603 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
I was watching the highlights on YouTube thinking it was going to be an easy win for Ferrari.

I see that Max spun, but still wins the race.

And Ferrari out of the podium positions?!

I definitely need to watch this race in its entirety to fully understand what happened.
It was exactly what was shown in the highlights, they made Leclerc drive on hards even though he wanted to extend his stint on mediums. Dunno why the engineers don't listen to their drivers when they can feel what's happening in the car.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2022, 02:16 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
It was exactly what was shown in the highlights, they made Leclerc drive on hards even though he wanted to extend his stint on mediums. Dunno why the engineers don't listen to their drivers when they can feel what's happening in the car.
Thanks for the clarification, I was half awake when I was watching the highlights
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:18 PM   #460

After watching the race in its entirety

Max with a super solid drive winning from 10th place and a 360 spin on top of that

Lewis finding that extra pace out of no where on the second half of the race.

George being Mr. Consistency

Charles vs Ferrari Strategists when he got pitted for hards and then back in again for softs, talk about a race being ruined in epic proportions

Lando once again carrying the entire team on his back.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #461

Alonso to Aston Martin in multi year deal. Not sure why he would do that unless Alpine did not want him. AM just seems like a bad situation all around, slow car, fucked up owner-son dynamic.

Oscar Piastri likely to take the second Alpine seat.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 08-01-2022, 10:08 AM   #462
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,717 Times in 1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Alonso to Aston Martin in multi year deal. Not sure why he would do that unless Alpine did not want him. AM just seems like a bad situation all around, slow car, fucked up owner-son dynamic.

The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2022, 02:25 PM   #463

Alonso to take Vettels place at Aston Martin him n Otmar must really dislike each other

And Danny Ric may end up in Alonsos seat

But I read comments saying Ocon is gone too?! didn't see an article for that though
Old 08-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #464
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Piastri's gonna take the Alpine seat unless McLaren decides to offer something ridiculous to Piastri and buyout Danny's contract lol
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Alonso to take Vettels place at Aston Martin him n Otmar must really dislike each other

But I read comments saying Ocon is gone too?! didn't see an article for that though
There's almost no way that Danny Ric is going to Alpine as they will probably promote Piastri. The only way that I can see something like this happening is if Piastri is loaned to Williams for a year or two so he can cut his teeth in F1 there and then come in and hit the ground running at Alpine.

It's really nice to see that Merc is able to keep up with Ferrari and RB as the races are so much more interesting when there are three teams fighting for first instead of 2.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:01 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

Sounded like it was more an issue of the owner not wanting to sign Alo to a Multi year deal. Otmar seemed to be quite positive to him.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 08-01-2022, 08:21 PM   #467
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Alonso: “I still have the hunger and ambition to fight to be at the front, and I want to be part of an organization that is committed to learn, develop and succeed.”

My guy, do you realize who you signed with
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2022, 08:37 PM   #468

Supposedly Alpine was offering Alonso a 1yr deal while AM gave Alonso a 1+1+1+1 open deal entirely up to Alonso @20million plus AM built a new state of the art factory etc etc
Old 08-01-2022, 09:16 PM   #469
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

AM is opening a brand new (ie. state of the art) factory by 2023. Alonso will likely be involved in developing the car.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2022, 10:22 AM   #470

awkward:

Shot:

Chaser:
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #471
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,037 Posts
Awkward. Now I am very curious where Piastri lands.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #472
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,550 Times in 5,150 Posts
Nobody makes mistakes like this in business this big... you can't tell me this stuff isn't being done for the sake of theatre
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #473
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Rumours are he's replacing DR...which makes no sense because DR has the option to extend into 2023, unless I guess McLaren buys him out...and he can then go to Alpine? Bring Cyril back?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:33 PM   #474
private modder

Thanked 2,654 Times in 743 Posts
After reading way too many articles today, I am certain all this chaos was was triggered by Alonso haha.

- Alpine had no clue Alonso was going to leave. They found out by reading the press release! lol

- Alonso's move took everyone by surprise, except Toto Wolff knew! He would have had to sign off on Aston doing the deal as Aston's engine supplier. Which is crazy to me that Toto (and thus Mercedes) has so much sway across everything in F1, but makes sense I guess.

- Alpine already has a contract in place with OP as a Renault junior driver and believes that contract ties him to a seat with Alpine F1 next year.

- If OP is willing to turn down his first seat in F1 with Alpine (solid mid-pack team) just like that, he must already have another seat. i.e. McLaren. i.e. i.e. So long Daniel.

- Because Alpine didn't know Alonso was about to jump ship, Alpine was instead lobbying for Williams to sign OP next year. But OP didn't want to go there and that was the main reason he started talking to others.

- I feel bad for Daniel. He's such a good guy and talented, it's a shame things just never seem to 'click' for him throughout his entire F1 career in the way they did for say Sainz or Russell. Going back to Renault would be rough for him. Kind of like when Homer Simpson quit the power plant but then was forced to ask for his job back lol.

- If OP and Alpine end up in a contractual dispute, the FIA has an independent arbitration panel they can use. The last time this arbitration panel was used was when Jenson Button tried to leave BAR for Williams but Williams put up a block. The FIA sided with BAR so JB had to stay. But then BAR eventually became Ross Brawn's racing team and Jenson won his first and only championship, meanwhile Williams ended up down in the dumps and has been ever since.

- If OP ends up at McLaren, then keep in mind OP's agent is Mark Webber, who was replaced at Red Bull by Daniel, lol
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:39 PM   #475
private modder

Thanked 2,654 Times in 743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Nobody makes mistakes like this in business this big... you can't tell me this stuff isn't being done for the sake of theatre
Funny enough this same exact scenario is happening in the USA right now with Indycar and Alex Palou who said he signed a deal with Zak Brown to be part of the McLaren family next year, possibly F1 or something else. Chip Ganassi was like no way, we have him under contract already.

Quote:
On 12 July, Chip Ganassi Racing put out a press release stating that it had taken up its option on Palou’s services for 2023, the driver having signed a two-year-plus-one-year-option contract towards the end of his rookie season with Dale Coyne Racing.

The statement contained a quote from team owner Chip Ganassi, stating: “Alex’s track record speaks for itself. He’s a proven champion and one of the most formidable drivers in the world. We are very excited to continue working together.”

Perhaps the most remarkable aspect was that this same press release included a quote from Palou himself. This read: “It’s a great feeling knowing I’ll be back with Chip Ganassi Racing next season.

“The team welcomed me with open arms from Day 1, and I’m excited to continue working with Chip, [CGR managing director] Mike Hull, the folks on the #10 NTT DATA Honda and everyone within the organisation. The goals remain the same and we will continue to work relentlessly towards achieving them.”

Why would a driver who had just signed a McLaren contract say that? Turns out, according to Palou, he didn’t.

Some hours later he tweeted: “I have recently learned from the media that this afternoon, without my approval, Chip Ganassi Racing issued a press release announcing that I would be driving with CGR in 2023. Even more surprising was that CGR’s release included a “quote” which did not come from me.

“I did not approve that press release, and I did not author or approve that quote. As I have recently informed CGR, for personal reasons, I do not intend to continue with the team after 2022. This evening’s unfortunate events aside, I have great respect for the CGR team, and look forward to finishing this season strongly together."

Last edited by Eff-1; 08-02-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: