REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 03-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
TRT will change your life if you have low T. For a while I thought I had cancer or something, I felt so shitty all the time. And my mood.. fuck. Got tested, was low, got on TRT and it made life livable again. If you're approaching 40, and think you might feel crappy for no apparent reason (so not like CivicBlues), get that shit tested. A dude with low T is basically PMSing non stop.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
. Those of you younger than me taking cocktails of supplements, what prompted you to do so? Poor diet? Lack of Energy? Family History? Just genuinely wondering.

mostly for energy levels, noticed during my 20's i'd be super hyped to play sports and what not with ton of energy to spare...mid 30's i notice i don't feel the same as 20's... i pretty much started doing all this at 25 and noticed it has kept me looking younger. but its probably genetics mixed in too. Strippers asking me how old i am getting a lap dance
i feel like collagen is bullshit since there really hasn't being any real studies on it and way too expensive. like $40 a container. supposedly good for joints too but i stopped buying it years ago.
Old 03-13-2023, 04:18 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
Also doesn't help that collagen smells like jizz.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 10:08 AM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Have you got testosterone tested?

Wondering where you can get advanced testing for things like that

I usually go for full blood work every 8 months or so but wouldn’t mind paying for some advanced testing
Just ask your doctor or walk in clinic doc. Tell him/her you want to have your testosterone tested, say you have low libido. Job done, you'll get a req to get tested with Lifelabs, no charge.

Only thing that sucks is that they only test your Test, not Free Test (you'd have to pay for that).
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2023, 03:38 PM   #30
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
TRT will change your life if you have low T. For a while I thought I had cancer or something, I felt so shitty all the time. And my mood.. fuck. Got tested, was low, got on TRT and it made life livable again. If you're approaching 40, and think you might feel crappy for no apparent reason (so not like CivicBlues), get that shit tested. A dude with low T is basically PMSing non stop.
What kind do you do? I noticed there are patches, gels, injections...

Seems like there's a fair amount of risk with it too?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:43 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
What kind do you do? I noticed there are patches, gels, injections...

Seems like there's a fair amount of risk with it too?
Injections, once per week. Going on 7 years now? As for risk, it depends on what you mean by "fair amount". If you're taking levels to get you to normal, it's not very risky. But it's a drug, and all drugs have some risk. It's part of why I take coq10 and arjuna and fish oil - these all help with heart health. I used to exercise a lot but fell off during covid and am finding it hard to get back on that horse...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:34 AM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Gel and injection have similar efficacy, although you absorb more via injections, the gel is more expensive and you have to be somewhat cognizant of cross contamination with your spouse (not a major concern though, you'd have to be hugging them soaking wet with the gel).

If you're a man over 35 I'd always recommend getting your test checked.

The risk from being on TRT is the fact that you'll likely have to stay on in perpetuity, you might also need to regulate your estrogen if that's a factor (depending on the TRT dose and your body).
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote