REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #8026
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

lol guys, i alrdy said i bougth 225's. i want to keep her stock sizes.
Advertisement
arturiusma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #8027
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

coo coo i see

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #8028

does any one know some that will want to buy my rx7 when it si done

looking to sell it for 3500 or so

hp ball park is

250 to 300 hp and 300 to 400 turq

in car that is 2780 is not bad

and she is closey gear so this whould be great 1/8 mile car

in 1/4 mile i think it may run out of gearing

alot fo the v8 rx7s get about very low 13 or 12's with tration

this car will all so have ho;lly duble pumper on it as well as 150 shot of the funny stuff can do 250 but really that is to much

any ways put the word out caus ie want the moey for the supra

and if it sell for good pric ei can faily get rid of my tire ont eh white car i hate them

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #8029

yae i sold my intercooler

now i got get my parts in form jb that took for ever to come in

but not at lest i can start ot make an exhuast for the white car

i thinks i going to do dump on teh supra but don't knwo yet

what do you gusy think i should do dump or tie it back inot the system

i don't knwow aht i wana do

Old 01-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #8030

ooo can't weight for the new part's ooooooooo

on the side note i just pick up a holly duble pumper for the rx7

but i own him for some thing but i don't know what yet i hope it jsuit for that clutch swap here wanted ??????

eh we will see thou

Old 01-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #8031

woo traction! sorta!
lol my car sooorta tries to get traction in 2nd now... instead of before where there was nothing till 3rd or 4th... only driving in slick surfaces.. so well have to do more investigation when it gets dry out.. which i wont think will be any time soon :S
Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #8032

what tires

Old 01-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #8033

tires
hankook h405's 225/50/r16. it was raining pretty damn good tonight so it hought it would be a good time to test them out.. defiantely a big improvement over my pilot xgt's. car still slide out as soon as the turbo hit, but had muuuch more control.. definately could tell what it was going to do.. didnt slide as easy.. but still none the less.. i want it to be dry so i can test them some more... but that wont be for anuther month or so :s
Old 01-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #8034
HELP ME PLS!!!

christ, i was driving the supra today, and in the rain it feels like i need 275's out back to keep the damn thing in order.

i've gotten far too used to driving around torqueless rotary power.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #8035

oh and btw my tires were just over 100 a tire... so im happy
Old 01-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #8036
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Anyone done 1jz swap?

Hey just wondering if there's anyone on the lower island that's done a 1jz gte swap into their mk3. I told you guys a little while aog that i thought i'd spuna bearing and needed that replaced...well it turns out i did spin a bearing and it ruined the crank and connecting rod. So for a rebuild the top end and bottem en will need to be redone and $$$. I don't have the skills/tools to do a proper rebuild so i'd have to pay shop prices

Supraforums has a really good section on everything you need to do a swap but i was just wondering if there is anyone locally that has experience with it cause i'm sure that couldn't hurt. Right now i'm trying to find a front clip for sale. I have a few friends who are mechanics so we should have a problem doing a swap but i just thought i'd see if anyone was interested in helping out.
I'll keep you posted on progress, also if anyone can recommend where to get and engine, i've only been able to find one place so far.
cheers
-fletch
CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2249481

-86' SAAB 900s(RIP fall 2005:( )
fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #8037

i dunno how much he is willing to help, but get ahold of randy at bicperformance. he lives on the mainland, but he did do the swap and actually does the install at his shop if u wanted him too.. and i think he sources out his own clips so.. can try and get ahold of him
Old 01-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #8038
I bringith the lowerballerith

yeah that's probably a decent place to start. his website is www.bicperformance.com

but I don't think the swap itself is that hard, moreso just sourcing all the small parts you will need and dealing with the wiring harness.
islandsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #8039

i chould swap it in for yae reall y the biggest thing you will need is montes if you car is per89

but yae i thik going to get some better tires for the supra i am thinking perlie right now stroung ass side wall compaired to teh mx's

but i think the rx7 will loook funny 235 for the front is fine but a 255 on 7 inc rim should look pretty funny all be better for gas milage

Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 AM   #8040
I don't get it

Like ryan already said....if pre-89 the mounts are an issue - There are specific ones out there made for it, otherwise go custom and rig it up

That and the wiring are the 2 biggest pains of the whole ordeal....There are many 1J mk3's out here, but now 2J is the common thing to do since jdm 2jzgte's w/ harness & ecu go for 800-1000 bucks
Old 01-10-2006, 07:36 AM   #8041

Thanks guys
with the 2jz though, how hard is it to mount in a mk3/ will it meet up to a mk3 tranny?

Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #8042

the 2j can but fab in to a mk3

it bolts the same way a 1j does cetp you got to get bellhousing from importer there place in van that can get them

most poeple use the 1j ecu some use the 2j ecu

really if i say my word is the 1jz is waste of tiem 2.5 vs 3 liter 7m

Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #8043

2j are still freaking exp like 3500 to 4000 for motor pending on milage and if it is jdm cause the jdm one were slower then the us one's

Old 01-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #8044
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

i think randy offers custom mounts to bolt a 1jz into a pre89 subframe, doesnt he?

personally i would go with the 1jz over the 2jz, primarily for the costs involved. if you go 1jz, you should be able to make a dent in the cost by parting out all of your 7m parts that are still good.

as for the displacement issue, its kindof up in the air i think. there are several guys running around with basic mods on the stock 1jz turbos putting out more horsepower AND torque than a similar 7m.

if my 7m ever spins a bearing im goin to sell the car and get an sc300/400 and do the 1jz swap into there
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #8045
I don't get it

Personally I prefer the 7M over the 1J....I know a few local 1J's that are big twins or big single and they honestly haven't impressed me at all...

And Ryan...JDM 2J's here are 800-1000 bucks. The turbos are ceramic and don't put out as much power but other than that...same thing, just gotta make sure it's not an aristo one because they're front sump

But with that said, usually go big single anyways if you go 2J since it's more than a task to get the stock twins to fit in an mk3
Old 01-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #8046

So you guys don't think there's rally and advantage to going with th 1j? I was thinking before that losing half a litre probably wasn't a good idea but i've seen that lots of ppl have done it on the supra forums and they go quick..i dunno i guess i just haven't seen a lot of builds for the 7m. The 1j does come stock with more power so that also makes it seem like a better option. I dunno, now i'm kind of wavering between a replacement 7m(easier) or a more powerful 1j. If you guys have opinions that would be helpful. I guess if it's going to cost waay more for a 1j then i could spend that same money on a 7m and build it a bit. Whaddya think?

Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #8047
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
i think randy offers custom mounts to bolt a 1jz into a pre89 subframe, doesnt he?
yup

My views are that the 1jz is a great engine, yes it is less displacement but it was the replacement in 89 for the 7m and it was an updated/ more efficient engine so that's one of the reasons why it puts out more hp.

My only reserves on the 1j are that unless you are mechanically incluned goodluck at finding service options, allthough parts are not too hard to find just pricey.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2126327
89TSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #8048
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by fletch
So you guys don't think there's rally and advantage to going with th 1j? I was thinking before that losing half a litre probably wasn't a good idea but i've seen that lots of ppl have done it on the supra forums and they go quick..i dunno i guess i just haven't seen a lot of builds for the 7m. The 1j does come stock with more power so that also makes it seem like a better option. I dunno, now i'm kind of wavering between a replacement 7m(easier) or a more powerful 1j. If you guys have opinions that would be helpful. I guess if it's going to cost waay more for a 1j then i could spend that same money on a 7m and build it a bit. Whaddya think?
Running off the chart rich under boost(below 9:1) at 15psi with an intake, 2.75" exhaust w/ cat, lex afm and stock fpr to 45psi(crushed it too much) I dynoed 261rwhp & 350tq

After tuning(got an safc), 3" turboback exhaust and 20ish psi, I was without a doubt in the 320-330rwhp range just based on the way I pulled other cars...And well over 400tq

Just because the 1J comes stock with more power doesn't mean its better. Simply put...It's 1/2 a liter less displacement and has a bumped up powerband - When you actually look at it, it revs higher but it also spools later...So the 2 offset themselves really

Also with a 7M you can just throw an upgraded CT on for pretty cheap and it'll support up to 450rwhp....with the 1J, you have to go full big single/big twins to do that...And that's after factoring in it's tiny injectors, wiring hassles etc etc.

PS the 1J's on SF don't go quick. I've seen one run a fast time and that's it...It also happens to be a big single, not stock twins. Everybody just jumps on the bandwagon there because they don't maintain their 7M's properly and think that they won't be able to blow up a 1J from not putting oil in it, with few exceptions
Old 01-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #8049

Hey thanks for all the input guys, putting a 7m back in does make a lot of sense, it'll take less time and fabrication for sure and from what you guys have said it's probably a better anyways as long as it's maintained...unlike the one i'll be pulling(whoever rebuilt the engine um well...forgot to but a bolt back on one of the connecting rod caps )
I guess i'll be looking for a low milage 7mgte now so any recommendations on where to look?
thanks for all the help!
cheers

-fletch

Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #8050
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by fletch
Hey thanks for all the input guys, putting a 7m back in does make a lot of sense, it'll take less time and fabrication for sure and from what you guys have said it's probably a better anyways as long as it's maintained...unlike the one i'll be pulling(whoever rebuilt the engine um well...forgot to but a bolt back on one of the connecting rod caps )
I guess i'll be looking for a low milage 7mgte now so any recommendations on where to look?
thanks for all the help!
cheers

-fletch
Yea....Toronto. jdm 7mgte's for 400-600 bucks all day long