REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 07-23-2002, 04:31 PM   #576
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

haha one more thing accoring to nashman a semi truck will get better traction on a corner then his supra will.. therefor the semi will out corner a supra any day of the year...all that downforce it has woohoo hahahah
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2002, 04:44 PM   #577
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

im goin to jump in say a quick thing. i beleive supras and rx7s are designed for different goals. supras are highway queens. race one from a roll, it'll dust you off. however, they cant launch, the rear suspension geometry is all wrong. and they handle very well for a car their size (3500 +/- lbs), and can be made to handle more than 1.0 lateral G with the right setup. springs, shocks, sway bars, tires, it all has to do something to do with it.

now, i dont know alot about rx7s, but im learning. from my limited knowledge, rx7s handle better becuase they are lighter, but also, one detonation or overheat, and the engine is pretty much toast, correct? supras can take alot of abuse. the only problem with MKIIIs are the head gasket can blow, but that can easily be prevented. there are lots of supras running around with more than double stock HP on stock internals.

im not sayin supras or rx7s are better, each person has their own reasons for liking them. honestly, if i hadnt bought a supra, i would have bought a 89ish turbo rx7.
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:48 PM   #578
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianRX7
haha one more thing accoring to nashman a semi truck will get better traction on a corner then his supra will.. therefor the semi will out corner a supra any day of the year...all that downforce it has woohoo hahahah

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #579
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

nashmans downforce theory was close but mine went into detail and was right on.. hopefully he takes notes. i think we are trying to keep engines out of this one... Supra engines are very strong and i say they are good for that. but if u take good care of the car it should not detonate or overheat. NASHMAN :gun2:
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:03 PM   #580
Need to Seek Professional Help

13b's can definately take some abuse. You can rev the shitzu out of em.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.
EightTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #581

im considering an engine swap down the road (2-3 years), but i would go with the 1JZ-GTE, not the 2JZ-GTE. the 1J is a 2.5L I6, twin turbo, 8000 rpm redline, while the 2J is a 3.0L I6, TT (would have to go single to drop it into a MKIII) 6500 rpm.

the headgasket blows (mostly) becuase of bad gasket design, and Toyotas rated torque for the factory was only 58 ft-lbs, while it needs to be at least 72.

what does the rx7 redline at? a wankel on a bike? that would be insane. but most bikes rev to 12+ k anyways, so the biggest advantage would be wieght, correct?
Old 07-23-2002, 06:13 PM   #582

Quote:
Originally posted by EightTrack
13b's can definately take some abuse. You can rev the shitzu out of em.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

Old 07-23-2002, 06:16 PM   #583

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
im considering an engine swap down the road (2-3 years), but i would go with the 1JZ-GTE, not the 2JZ-GTE. the 1J is a 2.5L I6, twin turbo, 8000 rpm redline, while the 2J is a 3.0L I6, TT (would have to go single to drop it into a MKIII) 6500 rpm.

the headgasket blows (mostly) becuase of bad gasket design, and Toyotas rated torque for the factory was only 58 ft-lbs, while it needs to be at least 72.

what does the rx7 redline at? a wankel on a bike? that would be insane. but most bikes rev to 12+ k anyways, so the biggest advantage would be wieght, correct?
12a's start to redline at 7500 while the 13b's start at around 7800.

Old 07-23-2002, 06:20 PM   #584

sweet. my beast of an I6 will bounce off the limiter at around 6600. i need another 2000 RPM hehe
Old 07-23-2002, 06:57 PM   #585

13b's redline at 7000 rpm for 86-88 and then 89-92 they redline at 8000 rpm..those r for the n/a's..the turbo's redline at 7000rpm

Well they have made a wankel motorbike a while back..i read that a long time ago on the rx7club forums..i have no other info then that on the bike though......

its soo easy to stop a wankel engine from detonating just as how its easy to prevent the blowing of a head gasket...80% of the blow engines are because of modding them wrong which leads to it running lean...also the rotary engine can handle 650hp on stock internals also...well thats the max max
Old 07-23-2002, 07:12 PM   #586

Grrrr, just stuck my head under my car to check out my catback and there's a small leak right near the muffler. Is it a big deal? There's a tiny spot where there is no weld.

I'm sure if I stop in there he'll fix it, but is it even worth the trouble?

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:16 PM   #587

Quote:
Originally posted by EightTrack
Grrrr, just stuck my head under my car to check out my catback and there's a small leak right near the muffler. Is it a big deal? There's a tiny spot where there is no weld.

I'm sure if I stop in there he'll fix it, but is it even worth the trouble?
If it's not a turbo don't worry about it that much.If it is then fix it because you can lose some pretty good hp just from a small leak.

Old 07-23-2002, 09:40 PM   #588
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

what do think i am dumb

a supra has higher skid pad then rex

and i hate to say this but die hard troy even said the supra will do better one track then rex

and rex will do better on low speed track

heavy means less needs of donw force the supra the way ti is desighed has not much down force at all

ps supra are not v6 there stright 6

supra's are more track car/race car

rex are driftter

if you have power ot move a heavy car it is fine if you don't then you shit out of luck

supra are more power full then rexs if you find turbo A or get 1jzgte both are around 280 hp and i not sure of the turq

and as for head gast it no the gasket it self is the botl patten ect but who care's about that

but you still have nto answered me i ask some person ont eh street and ask him what is the best car out of japan to 3 diffent peopel and the answer was supra/300zx/and evo lancer

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:55 PM   #589

NOT YOUR GEN SUPRA THOUGH!!!!!!!!please post the skid pad numbers they both do big guy....the rx7 owns the supra on the auto-x what r u talking about...im done, u r soo stubron and wont get it through your head that your gen supra aint shit...it has more power but it aint faster in stock form...
Old 07-24-2002, 12:06 AM   #590

Quote:
Originally posted by CanadianRX7
NOT YOUR GEN SUPRA THOUGH!!!!!!!!please post the skid pad numbers they both do big guy....the rx7 owns the supra on the auto-x what r u talking about...im done, u r soo stubron and wont get it through your head that your gen supra aint shit...it has more power but it aint faster in stock form...

Old 07-24-2002, 04:06 AM   #591

look up the supra on info befor you shoot your mouth off

look up 1jze or the turbo a supra all factory

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 07-24-2002, 04:51 AM   #592

i found out why chris's 86 626 was so quick he has god dame 4.11 in turbo car nad his gears are so close it not funny

your rexs are so long why they do that i have no clue mixed whiht your 4.10's you may have to get taller gears as for power gain humm i don't know i do some math but i think it mostly the trans

on the highway you can beat him just by speed alone

but as for drag humm i think he whould win

both car weigh the same give or take 20 pounds

one big reson why it quick and turq as well is it stroker motor and mixed whiht turbo yikes

he has famly car sleeper ehhhe

oh and one more thing he has no ic so alot less turbo lag

but if i put that ic in for hijm i wounder if it will make hsi car go fast or mae it slower caues of lag resones humm

ps i liek your new sound of you car now alls you got to get is some fire under there ehhehe

ps don't you just love my slipping clutch

Old 07-24-2002, 09:46 AM   #593
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

you are the stupidest fuckin kid i know.. dont post here again.. you will get shot down... dont post again please.. supras blow ass on the track they are a huge boat they can lick my harry donky ass.. 2nd gens like mine pull .9G on the skidpad stock i am sure im pushing well over that now.. and i bet i have just now your dumb dont post here anymore nobody likes you cuz u just cant grasp the idea that your car is king shit! say off the road. dont post here and go to hell.. on any racing track and on the road u want the lightest car.. why dont you go up to Greg Moore and tell him to put a couple of bricks in the back of his Indy car.. tell him it will make him go faster! the point is to keep it as light as you can and keep it on the ground that is the main focus on high speed cars! learn your shit go home.. no matter what you say u will not win a any debate with us.

Dont honor this thread with your presence again, thanks

tyler
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 11:56 AM   #594

Once my car is lowered it should pull in to the .9's on the skidpad. Not to bad for a first gen. A turbo 86 626????What motor is he running the 323 GTX turbo engine or what???What a ugly sleeper.

BTW Supras were built for straight line shooting like a 5.0 mustang.Only the MKIV Supra was built to handle!

Old 07-24-2002, 02:23 PM   #595

well well well well as for what eninge the 626 has in it i have not clue the car don't look that bad but i don't liek the front end

as for rex being shigt liner that is funnny my car sucks monkey ball for that

the only thing i getting at you have never ever in you life drove one EVER so this make you pro on what the car is and stuff

your a guppy when it comes to this you read shit and say shit the then next guppy comes along eats whwta this guppy s say and spead it every where tell guppy at all teh littel fishes aroud the hole tank

you though my car was v6 you thought supra only had 235 to 240 but that is wroug they were 280 hp whiht the 1jgte or the turbo a beefed up 7mgte

i can lighten up my car to about he same weight as rex but why get rid of power seats heated seat' and all the neato toys if i did not want i whould get rid of it

i cam in here saying there pretty much the same car in spec of stright lineing and handleing and such but your sayign rex are better in ever thing if they where they whould be 10 x popura then the supra

as for the 626 he has screw for his turbo so i think he is pushing more then stock boot's what ever stock boost is

tyler i can't beleav any thign you say about the supra caues you have never driven one

i whould beleav some things that greg says caues he has driven one being my car

Last edited by NashMan; 07-24-2002 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:37 PM   #596

"If you are comparing the turbo models, they would be similar in the 1/4. The supra made 230/240 hp/tq vs. 200/195 hp/tq in the turbo RX-7. The RX-7 was lighter and out handled the Supra by a large margin.

They can both be had for fairly cheap, but 2nd gen Turbo RX-7's seem to be rare. As for reliability, I don't know much about RX-7's, but MkIII Supra's are quite reliable except for the head gasket issue. (If it's fixed properly it won't be a problem again.)"

That's from a Supra owner, for what it's worth.

I really don't think this will ever end though so lets drop it. We've already filled this thread with enough shit.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Old 07-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #597

I'd just like to say, I'm not trying to dis Supra's. I like them, I almost bought an 87 turbo instead of my rex. I have driven Nashman's Supra on a few occassions and it's fun to drive, but definately belongs on the highway, as I totaly stick by my original claim that they handle like boats COMPARED TO RX-7's.

They're fast and feel incredibly solid and very stable at high speeds, at 100 it seriously feels like you're doing 50.

Like I said though, my position has not changed.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Old 07-24-2002, 02:56 PM   #598

just found a bit of info for everyone. curb weight is 3535 in 91. 0-60 in 6.2 seconds (auto), braking 70-0 is 174 ft, and skidpad is 0.85g. not bad for a fat pig liek the supra

however, brakes are crap. single piston, tiny rotor for a car of its weight. better tires than stock would help the skidpad quite a bit.

it gets down to the fact that RX-7s are lighter, by just over 500 lbs in the 91 model year. that means less weight to accelerate, brake, turn, etc.

it doesnt really matter to me if you like Supras or not, but make sure you know that not all Supra owners are liek Nashman hehe i liek both, but i bought a Supra. i might look for an RX-7 as a daily driver once the Supra gets a bit too fast to drive to work every day
Old 07-24-2002, 03:02 PM   #599

I apologise for my ignorance, but the skidpad is a test of grip, which doesn't neccessarily translate into all out handling ability.... correct?

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Old 07-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #600

exactly. skidpad is just a measurement based on speed and time around a circle.

if you want to say which is better, you would have to get a single driver to put to cars through the paces at a track.

You like RX-7s? Good. I like Supras. as long as none of us are ricers, im happy