REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 07-21-2002, 04:54 PM   #551
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

alot of people have MSN on revscene, canadian rx7, nanimo rx7, bcty, me, alot of others too
Advertisement
88 Rx7 Turbo Deuce. 3 inch exhaust, FCD, intake, blitz blowoff valve, lowered, tinted, Apex'i Safc and a list as long as my arm
DC450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 07:36 PM   #552
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by DC450
Why dont y'all get one
its what i have on my car now and i love it! if u have any questions about install or results feel free to ask.. it was pretty cheep with all the shipping and i think Total Delivery Systems deliverd it.. quality was great.. and i think i have a pic kickin aound somewhere.. ill look for it! shipping was fast and i got it in about a week and a half.. ill go find that pic!!
tyler
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 07:47 PM   #553

i thought i had a different pic but this is all i have.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:11 AM   #554
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Nice shot of the Exhaust(From what you can see!)

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 04:19 AM   #555
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

bad toby bad (aka enraged) rx7 are no diffent then supra's there pretty much the same car

aka same class

same handling (exceptd the size)
power i find the supra turbo's to have better feel

as for na supra are good but can't get to much power out of em
as you can out of na rx7

car's i like supra turbo mrk3/mk4/and both na's and as well as rx7 na's but don't like the turbo thou power is to crappy feel to it mostly the reson on how the turq comes in mostly

hehehe this may be funnny well for me

i was going down the high way and there is jhon a friend of mine driven his mustage any way his flew passed my going pretty fast and i chould not let him leav me in the dust so i spend after him any way long turn was comeing up and looks like he didn't slow down so his car was leaning like mofo i just whent around the long turn any way we pulled of and you know what takeing that spee that he took around that turn he broke his front strut from all the stres he put on it so now it is sitting at my house tell i fix it and he gives me the parts

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha

Last edited by NashMan; 07-22-2002 at 04:27 AM.
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 11:03 AM   #556

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan
bad toby bad (aka enraged) rx7 are no diffent then supra's there pretty much the same car

aka same class

same handling (exceptd the size)
same handling? surpas lick ass at handling unless u pour tons of money into the suspension then ou will have a half decent worthy car. Period!
Old 07-22-2002, 12:05 PM   #557
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Sorry this is kinda off topic but....how hard is it really to convert a N/A to a turbo? I'm quite mechannically inclined and have a fair amount of tools. I've also worked on quite a few cars. I know the bottom line is that I will need:

motor & trans (and associated parts like starter and alt.)
(probably shift linkage as well)
ECU & wiring harness
LSD (and driveshaft?)

but will I need to modify the engine mounts? Would it be worth my time to install a stand alone instead of installing the ECU and "piggy backing" it?

Thanks for the help.
Andy

"Some people like to have sex, some people like to get drunk and pass out of the couch. To-mato tom-ato." Slammedcivicsi
MidnightMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:23 PM   #558

not to be mean in any way have you ever dreven a supra befor

caues what you said is a bunch of bull

drive supra then you can coment on that topic

buth have the same sway
both have same chassi flex in less it targa taga felw to much
but i find that rx7 ten to nose plow mor ethent he supra does cause the supra ass end whant to go out caues of the lsd

any ways i can go on about both cars and how they are desighed but as for the motor i still lerning

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 07-22-2002, 05:09 PM   #559
Need to Seek Professional Help

Yup I've driven a Supra, YOUR Supra. It has a great suspension setup and I still think the my rex handles better (just needs to be stiffened up a bit).

You seem to be the only person that thinks Supra's handle really well. I've talked to several owners and they all say it's a bit of a boat.

Why can't you admit that your car isn't the greatest car ever built?

I'm not neccessarily saying the handle bad, but you're insane to insist that they beat RX-7's in handling.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.
EightTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 05:40 PM   #560
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

they dont have the same sway!!! the supra has sway but the rx7 has almost none....i wanna ride in a supra turbo to see what a amazing power band your turbo has..we get full boost right around 4500 rpms to about 6500rpms...well atleast my car does...i get boost right around 2000 when i stomp it...its not just rx7's that have a "crappy" feel!!!!!! its the turbo not the car!!!! If your car doesnt have similar numbers then u must have one of those magic supra turbo's u lucky bastard..
Old 07-22-2002, 06:31 PM   #561

you son't get it none of you driven supra be for non i have driven both

as for the power it cuse there is no turq at all tell the turbo kicks in you have no turq tell that turbo kicks in and is like littel kick in the butt when you get going

as for handleing my car was once stock if you knew that

andi have driven on stocker befor

they hande the same pretty much butt eh size is the only thing diffent

hell the mrk 4 is the same size and every thing but that is best racer out of japan

i am not saying it is the best but they are pretty much the same supra are sweet at high speeds and low speeds

rx7 are crappy at high speeds but at low speeds there really nice

what gives it off is the wide the car is

supra will stick rx7 will slide aka drifter car i am sorry to pop your bubble but ti is all ture

i can go on and on about both cars for ever but in the end there just about the same

Old 07-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #562

new rules NashMan.. if u wanna post here anymore.. type right! nobody really cares what u have to say and futhermore wanna try and figure out what you are saying ha... just learn to type!

and for the n/a to turbo swap.. u might as well get a halteck to save some problems u need fuel pump and bigger injectors turbo and all accessories.. do a search on rx7club.com this has been beaten to death there... u might want to do what i was going to do buy a j-spec and tranny and drop that in.. oh and a rear end.. with a halteck you will be set! oh you will need fuel with that as well!

tyler
Old 07-22-2002, 08:35 PM   #563

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan
you son't get it none of you driven supra be for non i have driven both

as for the power it cuse there is no turq at all tell the turbo kicks in you have no turq tell that turbo kicks in and is like littel kick in the butt when you get going

as for handleing my car was once stock if you knew that

andi have driven on stocker befor

they hande the same pretty much butt eh size is the only thing diffent

hell the mrk 4 is the same size and every thing but that is best racer out of japan

i am not saying it is the best but they are pretty much the same supra are sweet at high speeds and low speeds

rx7 are crappy at high speeds but at low speeds there really nice

what gives it off is the wide the car is

supra will stick rx7 will slide aka drifter car i am sorry to pop your bubble but ti is all ture

i can go on and on about both cars for ever but in the end there just about the same
Damn man do you know anything about jap cars???The supra is a tank from the factory and could keep up with a 7 at low speeds.The Rx would kill a supra otherwise with it 50/50 power to wieght distribution.My friends 89 supra has upgraded suspension and he said it like two differents cars.Before he said it was just to big of a car to handle good so my advice to you is to do research before you start shooting off like a idiot.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

Old 07-22-2002, 08:38 PM   #564

The MKIV Supra isn't the best racer out of japan either way.The silvia and skylines are better than both.As much as I hate to admit to it, it's true.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:57 PM   #565

well i do know what i am talkign about and i have driven both i am sorry but i can drive any car out there there all the same to me i can pic em apart i do just get in like like littel sunny boy and oooh new car hehehehe

as for you friend that is nto me that is your friend

i put cars inot classes and the rx7 is light the supra is far from tank in at around 3400 to 3500

don't you know that car like really fast one have down foruce to make cars stay ont eh ground oops i shooting my moth of grow up lern cars rx7 are not the king or every thing

i just hate one sided poeple they dumb and have the time they don't know shit

Old 07-22-2002, 10:01 PM   #566

now your going to turn this into a fight.... i have respect for lots of cars... u can make any car handle great with a lot of money.. u could make an actual tank handle great with some modifyed slicks... we know tons about our cars.. well most of us and can pick them apart as well all 4 moving parts weight has nothing to do with downforce so dont try and say that it does.. you know those big spoilers that are on the back of all the Hondas.. ya the real versions of those add downforce! weight is what you dont want it a fast car.... thats why u see gutted interiors... look ma spelled everything right!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #567
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

RX-7=GOOD
Supra=BAD...haha,j/k.

BTW...tyler, where did your sig go?
Old 07-22-2002, 11:24 PM   #568

hu wha what you mean

don't you have any clue what down force is i think you better look up on that be for you start telling me things

light cars fly and spin heavy car do not

now if you where to take light car add down force then you get weight from speed do you know your shit i don' t think so

i never said any thing but = as for you you dispize the supra i not hacking any car well i hate ff cars

look inot cars more well at lest down force

Old 07-22-2002, 11:37 PM   #569

First of all, YOU are the one coming in here acting all high and mighty, YOU started this.

Hmmm so you're saying heavy is good eh?

*goes and fills car with bricks*

Now I'm fast baby!!!!

Oh and who needs a turbo man? Street port!

P.S. What Tyler said about downforce made perfect sense, what are YOU talking about??

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Drinking when we're not thirsty is one of the few things that separates us from the beasts.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:46 AM   #570

the more weight you have the more grip you got

the less weight you got the more you drift

down force adds weight to your car

supra/ rx7 are petty much the same thing

as for race car's out tof japan the most pop is the supra

as for the one you list thous are driffter cars and you don't see many drift raceing around here

i can go on and oh about car and the diffs and the sims of both cars

and as for saying my car can not handle that caues you don't knwo how to use the power whiht turning if you give less you nose plow you give to muc you spin and you should know that by now

any who both are pretty much the same
i can drive any car out there and drive it just like i can drive any car and there petty much the same race or just curuis

i can adaped to car fairly well and most cars are the same espliy the supra and rex and the 300zx

as for mustage's ect that bit diffent caues of the power is low end power

Old 07-23-2002, 11:34 AM   #571

weight does not make cars go fast.. and no supras do not rule in japan. we are not talking about cars that weight 2 pounds when we say light we are talking about cars that are light for example Georges car.. 980KG.. there is still weight there and he will still get traction.. he would get better traction if he had slicks that were 12" wide.. hey thats weight, that would help grip the road.. give it up. u have no idea what your talking about.. you came fresh outta the 4th grade with little or no concept of how to spell and you know a bit about cars.. drop the macho 4th grade attitude and just say that your wrong! lighter cars = faster = because they dont weight much, they need downforce from big wings = like indy cars with 15" wide slicks! light cars are not as stable as heavy cars but can be made to be with actual body kits that work. Heavy cars = will never compete with light cars because they are slow = because there heavy.. and 3000lbs like your car = heavy not light = which equals as u read about not fast! thank you.

p.s - my sigs right there!

Last edited by bcty; 07-23-2002 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:11 PM   #572

Stand on a scale.......

Record the number......

Now get your friend ( Wind being redirected to push you downward == downforce )

And then read the scale.... are you trying to tell me the number wont change...........

Downforce will also slow your car down considerably because:
Wind resistance slows you down. You need to use wind resistance to push you down.............

now as for my car i have more hp and turq then any rx7 to push that weight around

each car was desighed to race

now a rx7 are great at low speed s but once you pass 100 klick's you weight is at a bad point you lose tration

now you say put bigger tires on now you go slower

the supra is more grip car then driftter and i still have not one clue one what your trying to prove

i said they pertty much the car and yes the supra is alot well know then any other car from japan go ask any hick that loves his chevy ask him about 2 cars just 2 240 z car or 280 z or the supra and ask em if they know what they are

i can go on and on about both cars ad trear em to shead's telling
what they do hwo they handle ect

all i care about is cars and i have no girl friend so you see where most of my time goes

and not ready froms and bevealign every thign i read ether

Old 07-23-2002, 02:39 PM   #573

i agree with you on the most part... my car will not loose tracton at 100+ because of aerodynamics.. the wings and functional bodykits add down force.. my car weights 1130kg if i was driving at 140km/h my car would weight somewhere around 1300kg.. because the wind and aerodynamics of the car come into effect and pushes my car to the ground..i dont loose tracton i gain tracton. u think u loose traction because u cant take a 90 degree turn like u couldve at 50km/h cars get heavyer as they go faster.. an indy car weights about 200kg without the driver but when going 250mph they probally weight 2000kg ish because if they didnt they would fly off the track.. without that huge wing on the back and the spoiler on the front they would be fucked. i think you are on the right track to actually understand physics.. maybe u could go take a class.. i think you are on the right track just word your response better... downforce is created by spoilers and bodykits.. so.. if my car had 300hp and your car had 300hp.. my car weights 1000kg and your car weights 3300kg.. which car is going to go faster.. this is with full bodykit and spoilers... figure that.. think about your resopnce before you post again..
Old 07-23-2002, 04:18 PM   #574

I've made turns in your car, that's all I need to do to know that your car feels like a boat compared to my rex.

2001 Ford F150 *SOLD*
1988 RX-7 GX *SOLD*

Old 07-23-2002, 04:27 PM   #575
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Well nashman is right about the downforce and heavy cars getting better traction at high speeds... but who the fuck takes a corner going 200+ km/h and dumb fuck that wants to die...White_fc3s car would smoke yoru car in a race so dont even talk about hp to weight ratio..rx7's have just as much hp and they do torque so we r even on that part....of corse we dont have lots of troque below our turbo range, we dont have a huge V6 turbo, we have a 1.3L turbo..wtf do u expect...

What do u mean the rx7 will slide?!?! going around corners heavy cars are way worse buddy...they only have more traction when at high speeds and gongi straight because they need more upforce do make then lose traction due to their heavy weight....

HEAVY CARS CORNER WORSE!!!!!!!!!TOO MUCH G-FORCE...ITS LIKE A FAT MAN RUNNING AND TRYING TO TURN AROUND QUICK..IT TAKES HIM WAY LONGER THEN A SLENDER PERSON BECAUSE HE HAS SOO MUCH WEIGHT TO STOP AND CHANGE DIRECTION.....The extra weight will cause the supra to slid off the road because of all the momentum...think before u post this dumb shit...