REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #476
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
and dont forget to open your packages..i got hell for not opening my shoes one time..guard said there may be a bomb
Advertisement

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #477
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Remember to bring your receipts, last couple times I went they asked to look at it.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #478
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
When you guys signed up for tsb shipping did you get a confirmation email after registering?I tried to email them but no reply and it's been a couple of days. I just want to make sure I'm in the system before ordering.
Posted via RS Mobile
dmak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #479
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
Remember to bring your receipts, last couple times I went they asked to look at it.
If you are claiming over $100, they ask for receipt. But they usually just take a look and let you go. I never paid taxes on my goods. One time, I was following behind a guy that had his trunk searched. I had my receipts in my hand already and the border guard just waved me through instead.

I don't think I was ever asked for receipt if I claim under $100 though.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #480
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
and dont forget to open your packages..i got hell for not opening my shoes one time..guard said there may be a bomb
This! It depends on which boarder guard you get. I've gotten away with not opening my package on some occasions. But better safe than sorry.

With receipts/invoices I've been able to show them a copy on my phone. Again, this depends on who you get. Some prefer a printout.
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #481
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
You should open them anyways to check that you were sent the right items. I've had the wrong item sent to me before and it's a pain to have to bring them back over the border to send it back. I've also been given a package intended for someone else before too...
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #482
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
Depends what its for. Basically if they ask you what it is, what the value is, and if they think it doesn't quite correspond, they will ask for a receipt.

I've had them also ask for Ebay receipts and they will actually check the item # on their computer to make sure the receipt was altered to decrease the value of the item.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #483
I don't get it

they never asked me for a receipt. they often asked me to open the trunk. if you bought something for the car, they let you pass if they think its a low amount. they let me pass when i bought a $270 cold air intake. they let my friend pass when he bought new tires for his rav4.

so it also really depends on their MOOD.

and you should open the package before heading to the border so you know it is the right thing you got. tlc and tsb have exacto knives for you to open your boxes. why not use them EH?
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #484
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Doesnt matter how much stuff I am bringing back. Its just plain simple common sense to have recepits when bringing anything back to Canada.

Also, opening the boxes is also common sense, how do u know if u they shipped u the right stuff? How do u know what is exactly in the box? Its for your own good and if for some reason the box got mixed up during shipping (which have happend to me in the pass) and theres like 9k worth of goods when u are declaring 200bucks. Good luck explaining this to the guard, because saying I didnt know wont be good enough to get u out of it.
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmak4 View Post
When you guys signed up for tsb shipping did you get a confirmation email after registering?I tried to email them but no reply and it's been a couple of days. I just want to make sure I'm in the system before ordering.
Posted via RS Mobile
check your junk mail. I thought I never got confirmation for prshell but it was actually in my junk.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #486
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
If you are claiming over $100, they ask for receipt. But they usually just take a look and let you go. I never paid taxes on my goods. One time, I was following behind a guy that had his trunk searched. I had my receipts in my hand already and the border guard just waved me through instead.

I have never paid any taxes on my goods too but they asked for receipt the last 3 times I went and I claimed: $300, $150 and $60.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #487
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

anyone know if there is gonna be duty on Rota Wheels? it depends where the wheels are made from right?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #488
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
anyone know if there is gonna be duty on Rota Wheels? it depends where the wheels are made from right?
If it's made outside North America - it should be 7% (that's duty only, you'll have to pay HST as well). However, I think most of the customs officers will be lazy and only charge HST - I haven't heard of many people paying Duty.

That said, be prepared to pay for it. If you don't have to pay, consider it a bonus.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #489
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

most rota's are built in philippines so yes there will be duty. always find out where it's made in. SOME officers go ape shit over where it's made.
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #490
Rider

I never bought any used auto parts and having them shipped to Point Roberts. Would the process be the same? Declare the value you paid to seller?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #491
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
My Rota's were made in Philippines as per the box. Is the price difference really big compared to buying locally? When I bought my rota's the price difference was about 20-30$ per wheel so I decided to buy local instead of from the states as you still have to go pick them up and risk paying duty and all of the hassle.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #492
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink View Post
I never bought any used auto parts and having them shipped to Point Roberts. Would the process be the same? Declare the value you paid to seller?
yes and bring proof. ie paypal receipts, emails, etc. better to be safe than sorry. if you happen to get the super anal border officer, be prepared to have them call the seller to verify the amount you paid for the items or look up the ebay item numbers
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #493

Finally got around to trying out PRShell and it's by far the best out of TSB and TLC.

Open 7 days a week so Sunday trips are painless. They are more expensive though... They go by size of the package not weight. $5.50 for something that would cost $2.50 at the other places but it's worth not having to wait at the border + to get in.

You get your own customer number so there's no mix up with names too.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #494
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Yup. I love using these 24/7 ones! Left house yesterday at 7pm and was home by 830. From burquitlam. 24/7 parcel and only charged me 3$ for a huge box lol
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #495
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
Finally got around to trying out PRShell and it's by far the best out of TSB and TLC.

Open 7 days a week so Sunday trips are painless. They are more expensive though... They go by size of the package not weight. $5.50 for something that would cost $2.50 at the other places but it's worth not having to wait at the border + to get in.

You get your own customer number so there's no mix up with names too.
Tsb also goes by size too. Years ago I had a big light box and was charged the higher rate because it took up more storage space. I think they have made their policy and pricing structure more black and white since so there are no surprises.

But prshell is solid, good hours, service, no line. I've found their prices better than tsb for the most part.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #496
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

+1 for PRshell so far only good experiences with them and really liking the email notifications which TLC did not properly do even though I talked with them about it at their location
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Tsb also goes by size too. Years ago I had a big light box and was charged the higher rate because it took up more storage space. I think they have made their policy and pricing structure more black and white since so there are no surprises.

But prshell is solid, good hours, service, no line. I've found their prices better than tsb for the most part.
TSB goes by weight unless the size to weight ratio is large.
Rates | TSB SHIPPING PLUS

prshell goes by combined measurements (L+W+H). Sucks if your package is 12"x12"x12" and <5lbs it'll get charged the medium rate.
Untitled Document
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #498
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
P2P just goes by weight, so if you get a lot of not-so-dense stuff it is better. I tend to get jackets and T-shirts so not necessarily heavy but sometimes big boxes.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #499
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
TSB goes by weight unless the size to weight ratio is large.
Rates | TSB SHIPPING PLUS

prshell goes by combined measurements (L+W+H). Sucks if your package is 12"x12"x12" and <5lbs it'll get charged the medium rate.
Untitled Document
I think that's how I got shafted. TSB don't mention specifically what a 'large' size to weight ratio is, so there is some inconsistency and potential for disagreement.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #500

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
24/7 receives my parcel

But got placed on the shelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote