REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #176
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

no shooting in surrey. it was a car accident with fatalities. also some of the shootings has nothing to do with turf wars. some are rip offs and others are retaliations for rip offs. the price of coke is insanely high right now and will become higher.
Advertisement
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #177
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
This is why if I know any gang banger friends, I'm getting the hell out of there.
Wannabe or the "real deal", I don't need to be involved in mistaken identity, linked as the gangbanger's buddy, or anything. Even if it was family, I'm ditching.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #178
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Okay I'm out of the loop.

Who are the Bacon Bros. and what is their significance to the recent local current events?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #179
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Okay I'm out of the loop.

Who are the Bacon Bros. and what is their significance to the recent local current events?
This is the best that I could find quickly on google.

http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/...3-a8b6d3ed6bba

But that should give you a good idea. Remember the 6 people murdered in the surrey apartment, the 4 dead were UN members and supposedly the hit was done by the Red Scorpions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 02-18-2009 at 09:00 AM.
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #180
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I was curious as well so I googled what I could and from what I can figure they're associated with the Red Scorpion Gang. They believe they were behind the hit in the Surrey Apartment last year where six were killed including two innocents. The other 4 people in that apartment were connected to the UN Gang and the Independent Soldiers. Things have escalated since and they are going back and forth killing each other and associates.

Bacon brothers associated with Red Scorpion Gang.

Link

The warning was issued in May, following the arrest of James 23, and Jarrod, 25, in connection with two separate RCMP firearms investigations.The pair are charged with numerous weapons offences.According to their bail conditions, the two brothers must abide by a curfew and reside at the family home, not carry weapons of any kind, not wear or possess any paraphernalia associated with the Red Scorpions gang, and must not have any contact with Dennis Karbovanec.

These are four of the people killed in the Surery Apartment.

Link

MIKE LAL, COREY LAL, EDWARD NARONG & RYAN BARTOLOMEO

At approximately 16:31 PM Surrey RCMP were called by the Surrey Fire Department to what was originally thought to the scene of a gas leak at an apartment building in the 9800 block of East Whalley Ring Road. HAZMAT members entered the condo building, and discovered as many as 6 deceased persons inside one of the units. Edward Sousakhone (Eddie) Narong, 22 Corey Jason Michael Lal, 21 Michael Justin Lal, 26 Ryan Bartolomeo, 19 were the victims. They all have been linked to the Independent Soldiers. File #IHIT 2007-LMD-37035 (LM #43,#44,#45) Oct. 19, 2007 Narong connected with UN gang They do not deserve your protection' Four of murder victims had ties to drugs and gangs Guns, Gangs, Drugs.

Please keep in mind this information is taken from the internet and may or may no be accurate. I was just curious so I tried to dig up what I could.

Cheers

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #181
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
Yeah, the name was mentioned but I forgot it. The reporter said it was a pretty big park in Surrey.
'larry maither park'

spelling?

thats what i heard
cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #182

Pretty quiet day so far lol.. world peace is here!!
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #183
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Pretty quiet day so far lol.. world peace is here!!
the day is still young... I'm just waiting for breaking news
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #184
How I Mod your mother

What?!
Its almost 1 o'clock and there hasnt been a shooting..
Whats going on here?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #185
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
there was a shooting yesterday on fraser and something something
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #186
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
there was a shooting yesterday on fraser and something something
Thats old news, it was posted on here like minutes after it happened
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #187
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB20 View Post
so everything illegal the government can't control 100% we shuld legalize?

I'm a grade 9 dropout, obviously I do not have all the answers, but it is painfully obvious to even the most thick-headed that our current policy does not work very well!
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #188
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Funny how things are turning out. People are coming forward willing to snitch on gang members. Even some criminals themselves are coming forward. This is why organized crime, like the HA try their best to stay low. When shootings and violence get out of hand, all hell breaks loose. You scare the public too much and the balance no longer exists.

You need to keep the gangster wannabe's and the small time Johnny's in check, or it all comes down on the people who are pulling the strings. Maybe this is part of a plan to purge the organization(s).

I noticed the police, through the help of the media, are taking advantage of the situation and asking citizens to call in with any information they have on suspicious activity in their community.

As I mentioned before, nothing is going to change unless politicians and people involved in the justice system start to fear for their families' safety. None of them care about the average Joe and his family. It won't be long before vigilantism becomes the only solution. Problem is, how can the community fight back when the criminals are so well armed?

I wonder how corrupt our justice system is. Wally whathisnuts could be a gang member himself. Stranger things have happened.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #189
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
Yup, he was doing a job for one of the Bacon brothers and was innocent and had no gang ties. He was driving a Porsche Cayenne GTS that belonged to one of the Bacon brothers so he could install a deck. His GF got hit as well because she was driving behind. Supposedly she's disfigured from the shooting.
Moral of the story: Don't go joyriding.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #190
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Moral of the story: Don't go joyriding.
if he was joyriding his gf wouldn't have been tailing him you tard.

he was probably dropping off the car, hence the reason his gf was there. so he had a ride back after.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #191
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
^ Ex fucking actly!

Fuck what a idiot, you honestly think he was joyriding?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
if he was joyriding his gf wouldn't have been tailing him you tard.

he was probably dropping off the car, hence the reason his gf was there. so he had a ride back after.

Exactly or he went with his gf to pick up the car from the Bacon's home then the shooters thought it was one of the brothers...

Moral of the story...think before you post.

Anyways, no new shooting yet? =)
Old 02-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
^ Ex fucking actly!

Fuck what a idiot, you honestly think he was joyriding?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #194

Just read 24 hours paper and it said that the guy in the house invasion got shot in the shoulder and Lip... man if he did get shot in the lip, he is lucky to be even alive.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #195
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
man if he did get shot in the lip, he is lucky to be even alive.
Oh man. No sour food for him for a while.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #196
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ ahahah

you guys are letting me down here, we always talk about who died in vancouver over lunch at work now. we're gonna have to talk about some boring news now
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #197
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

false reports of gun shots on fraser and kingsway this morning!!

A swarm of police cruisers and SUVs locked down the intersection of Fraser Street and Kingsway in Vancouver this morning after a false report of shots fired.

Police were quick to close down the area and surround an older model white Ford sedan at around 8:10 a.m.

One male – an Asian man in his late 20s or early 30s – was arrested at the scene and sat handcuffed on the sidewalk as police rummaged through the vehicle.
No word yet on whether injuries were reported or if the incident was gang related.

Vancouver police spokesperson Const. Jana McGuinness said there were no shots fired in the area and said police won’t release any more information about the incident.
tw1sted is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1sted View Post
false reports of gun shots on fraser and kingsway this morning!!

A swarm of police cruisers and SUVs locked down the intersection of Fraser Street and Kingsway in Vancouver this morning after a false report of shots fired.

Police were quick to close down the area and surround an older model white Ford sedan at around 8:10 a.m.

One male – an Asian man in his late 20s or early 30s – was arrested at the scene and sat handcuffed on the sidewalk as police rummaged through the vehicle.
No word yet on whether injuries were reported or if the incident was gang related.

Vancouver police spokesperson Const. Jana McGuinness said there were no shots fired in the area and said police won’t release any more information about the incident.
good stuff, I like your avatar, I hear that you're pretty hot....
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #199
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,338 Times in 5,648 Posts
Those arrests this morning were in relation to some kidnapping and a ransom was being asked from some family in china
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #200
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Those arrests this morning were in relation to some kidnapping and a ransom was being asked from some family in china
http://www.news1130.com/more.jsp?con...19_141628_4324

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Vancouver Police say five people have been arrested in connection with a kidnapping of a student on Sunday. Police say several takedowns this morning were related to the case, including an incident at Kingsway and Fraser around 8 this morning, and another at Main St. and SE Marine Drive.

Police say they rescued the kidnapping victim without injury, and apprehended a number of suspects using 'flash-bang' grenades.

Police say the victim--an 18-year-old student from China--is okay.

7seven is offline   Reply With Quote