REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #251
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

RCMP = FAIL

Time to light the Bat Signal...

Advertisement

Follow me on Twitter!@Da_Underdawg

Quote:
Sky.J:
im paying half of the car and Ive had enough talking with white trash and chinks
cya lata fuckers

ienhz:
You talk like you're actually better than any of them, ya zerg rushing faggot.
Underdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #252
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

One man is still in hospital after getting shot Friday night in Surrey.

Mounties say it happened near 130th Street and 108th Avenue and the victim is known to police.

A short time later shots were reported near 130th Street and 68th Avenue.

No one was found injured but police did arrest 2 men who are being questioned by the serious crime unit.

Neither are known to police.

Mounties say the shooting appears to be targeted.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/New...spx?ID=1067341
Dr-Vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #253
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMP View Post
-Victims/suspects are known to police.

-shooting appears to be targeted.
No shit, Sherlock.

Follow me on Twitter!@Da_Underdawg

Quote:
Sky.J:
im paying half of the car and Ive had enough talking with white trash and chinks
cya lata fuckers

ienhz:
You talk like you're actually better than any of them, ya zerg rushing faggot.
Underdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #254
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
this evening I saw a police cruiser on 96th and 130th ish or thereabout towing a truck away from a house.... maybe related?

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #255
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

Police investigating suspicious death in Maple Ridge
John Ackermann MAPLE RIDGE (NEWS1130) | Friday, February 27th, 2009 7:45 am
Bookmark

MAPLE RIDGE (NEWS1130) - Mounties in Maple Ridge confirm a crash that happened yesterday afternoon is being treated as a suspicious death.

Police got a call around 1:30 about a car lying upside-down in a ditch near 132nd Avenue and 216th Street.
Neighbours reported hearing shots fired just before, and when police pulled out the vehicle, they found it filled with bullet holes.
The body of a man was also recovered and police plan to release more information later today.
Investigators say it's still to early to link this case to drugs or gangs.

Story

Kev
This murder on the surface appears strange. A 30-year-old Abbotsford man not known to police ends up dead - likely shot - in a rural Maple Ridge setting. He was driving someone else's vehicle - the owner was a woman. People heard what they thought were shots overnight Wednesday and police are checking those reports out to see if they are linked to the death.

But the man's body was not discovered until 1:30 p.m. Thursday when someone noticed the white SUV in the ditch upside down. It looked like a tragic accident, but ended up being another murder - after a few days of calm.

It is a little thin on details, but hopefully we will get more through the weekend. Regardless, there is yet another family no doubt reeling after getting the news of the murder.

Also....

One of the bullet proof cars that belonged to the bacon brothers;

From a distance, the Bacon Brothers' BMW seems like any other black luxury sedan.

But a view from underneath gives up some dark secrets. Note the steel plating boted to the bottom of the vehicle.

This hatch designed to allow drivers to transport skis in the trunk has been welded closed in the Bacon version.

Side windows are plated with steel behind the bulletproof glass.. just in case.

Bulletproof glass laid on its side with a dollar coin to demonstrate the thickness of the material designed to protect the Bacon Brothers from gunfire.

More steel plates from the bottom-side of the Bacon Brothers' bulletproof beemer.

On the inside of the car, more sheet metal is installed and covered with leather to make it appear like the rest of the interior.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #256
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

the duhre brothers got shot at a car exactly like this one a few years back. apparently it was one of their HA buddies
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #257
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
This murder on the surface appears strange. A 30-year-old Abbotsford man not known to police ends up dead - likely shot - in a rural Maple Ridge setting. He was driving someone else's vehicle - the owner was a woman. People heard what they thought were shots overnight Wednesday and police are checking those reports out to see if they are linked to the death.

But the man's body was not discovered until 1:30 p.m. Thursday when someone noticed the white SUV in the ditch upside down. It looked like a tragic accident, but ended up being another murder - after a few days of calm.

It is a little thin on details, but hopefully we will get more through the weekend. Regardless, there is yet another family no doubt reeling after getting the news of the murder.

Also....

One of the bullet proof cars that belonged to the bacon brothers;

From a distance, the Bacon Brothers' BMW seems like any other black luxury sedan.

But a view from underneath gives up some dark secrets. Note the steel plating boted to the bottom of the vehicle.

This hatch designed to allow drivers to transport skis in the trunk has been welded closed in the Bacon version.

Side windows are plated with steel behind the bulletproof glass.. just in case.

Bulletproof glass laid on its side with a dollar coin to demonstrate the thickness of the material designed to protect the Bacon Brothers from gunfire.

More steel plates from the bottom-side of the Bacon Brothers' bulletproof beemer.

On the inside of the car, more sheet metal is installed and covered with leather to make it appear like the rest of the interior.
Very tempting lifestyle..but what a way to go through life.
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #258
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

that kind of lifestyle is not anything to look up to ...
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #259
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
whats the point of having the armour under the car? think somones gonna like roll a grenade under or somthing?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #260
Need to Seek Professional Help

or mines
Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #261
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
whats the point of having the armour under the car? think somones gonna like roll a grenade under or somthing?
no one would be able to tuck a car bomb under the car. best way to kill someone
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #262
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:

You make some good points. And really, they allude to some other issues.

The area in Maple Ridge where the driver was shot is known to have some large grow ops in the area.

Most of the valuable possessions such as houses and vehicles are under a wife or girlfriend's name. I read this somewhere recently, but can't recall the rationale for doing so.

As for the lack of details and the odd "discovery" time. If I recall correctly, Harper was in town that day to talk about the new gang-crime legislation. Having a shooting discovered that morning would sort of fly in the face of the federal government's attempt to discourage such activity.

Kev
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #263
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:

Most of the valuable possessions such as houses and vehicles are under a wife or girlfriend's name. I read this somewhere recently, but can't recall the rationale for doing so.
So the authorities can't seize the items as proceeds from crime b/c its not in their name?
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #264
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Id love to see how that chicks will is setup?

If you really wanna piss the guy off.. kill his gf..
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #265

Just in case anyone is keeping score, here's a good synopsis of activity to thsi point

• Tuesday, Jan. 20

Suspected gangster Jamie Bacon drives his black Mercedes into a Keg restaurant in Abbotsford after a gunman opens fire on him. Bacon is wearing body armour. He is picked up by police and later released.

• Thursday, Jan. 22

An Abbotsford man is shot during a suspected grow rip at his home.

• Friday, Jan. 23

Two men are wounded by gunfire in Abbotsford.

• Saturday, Jan. 24

Shots are fired into a home in the 12900 block 104 Avenue and the occupant of the home is injured. The suspects flee in an SUV.

• Tuesday, Jan. 27

Andrew Michael Cilliers is shot dead in his Surrey driveway in the 6200 block of 131A Street. The 26-year-old is believed to have connections with Hells Angels associates and is known to police.

• Monday, Feb. 2

James Ward Erickson is shot in his Surrey apartment, in the 13300 block of 105A Avenue in a targeted shooting.

• Tuesday, Feb. 3

A brazen shooting at Guildford Town Centre leaves 21-year-old Raphael Baldini dead. He had previously been renting the apartment on the 15th floor of the Balmoral Tower highrise where six men were shot to death in 2007. Two of them were innocent bystanders.

• Tuesday, Feb. 3

A Coquitlam woman is found dead in her Dodge pickup, months after being convicted of drug trafficking. It is described by police as a targeted murder.

• Friday, Feb. 6

Another brazen mall shooting, this time in Langley at Thunderbird Village, near 88 Avenue and 200 Street. Kevin Robert Leclair, a suspected gang member, is killed in the shooting.

• Saturday, Feb. 7

A 22-year-old man is shot in the leg during a robbery in Coquitlam. A 19-year-old man is in custody.

• Sunday, Feb. 8

A 28-year-old man in Vancouver is shot several times in Kitsilano. He survives, but has been unwilling to co-operate with police. Victim is suspect in 2007 gunfight at Dover Park in Richmond.

• Wednesday, Feb. 11

Surveillance video from a Langley Shell Station shows two cars circling the gas pumps shooting at each other. It is not known if anyone was injured in the incident.

• Wednesday, Feb. 11

A 23-year-old man is shot dead in his Vancouver basement suite in what police describe as a targeted shooting.

• Thursday, Feb. 12

Shooting at Como Lake and North Road in Burnaby in the early afternoon. Four men are arrested, but two are now believed to have been targets, and the other pair had unwittingly given the shooters a ride.

• Monday, Feb. 16

Man is found in Langley suffering a gunshot wound, which police believe was sustained at about 12:30 a.m. outside T-Barz strip club in North Surrey, near 104 Avenue and East Whalley Ring Road.

• Monday, Feb. 16

Woman is shot dead in a vehicle by Green Timbers Park at 146 Street and 96 Avenue. A four-year-old child is also in the car, but does not suffer physical injuries.

• Tuesday, Feb. 17

Two men invade a home on Fraser St looking for a target. The tenants of the home, two brothers and their mother, claim mistaken identity. The older brother is shot in the shoulder and the mouth but survives. A struggle ensues between the younger brother and one of the suspects. The younger brother emerges with the gun and shoots the suspect to death. The other suspect flees the scene.

• Thursday, Feb. 19

A man is thrown off a balcony to his death in a Coquitlam highrise. Four men are arrested. The deceased is linked to a man wounded in a 2007 gunfight at Dover Park in Richmond.

• Sunday, Feb. 22

A man is shot multiple times in front of his home on 12th Ave near Fraser Street. Victim survives and is known to police.

• Thursday, Feb. 26

A man is found dead in rural Maple Ridge. Originally thought to be a single vehicle accident, an SUV discovered upside down in a ditch is riddle with bullets. The driver, shot to death. Victim is not known to police.

• Friday, Feb. 27th

A man is shot inside a house known for drug activity. The victim, who was shot in the head, alive but in serious condition, is known to police.

Tried to fill in some missing pieces and everything after the 16th. Feel free to add to it.

Kev
Old 03-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #266
Banned (ABWS)

hehe it feels like we are trying to solve the crime here or something
CSI Revscene
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #267
In RS I Trust

so my buddys is a sprinker fitter working across from where one of the bacons lives in port moody.

He called me and said that a guy dressed up as a janitor went into the building then all of a suddon the swat team rushed into the building. Bringing the same guys back out. One of the guys he works with lives in the building and found out this janitor guy was found hiding in a closet once he got into the building with a ak47 in a bag.

Kinda funny how that wasn't on the news thats for sure (it happened in wed/thursday)
Old 03-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #268
My homepage has been set to RS

i wonder how many shootings are not reported on the news? a while ago there was on in poco that was never on tv or anything.
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #269
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

they need a ride like obamas
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #270
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
so my buddys is a sprinker fitter working across from where one of the bacons lives in port moody.

He called me and said that a guy dressed up as a janitor went into the building then all of a suddon the swat team rushed into the building. Bringing the same guys back out. One of the guys he works with lives in the building and found out this janitor guy was found hiding in a closet once he got into the building with a ak47 in a bag.

Kinda funny how that wasn't on the news thats for sure (it happened in wed/thursday)
way to fuck up an ongoing investigation.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #271
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
You make some good points. And really, they allude to some other issues.

The area in Maple Ridge where the driver was shot is known to have some large grow ops in the area.

As for the lack of details and the odd "discovery" time. If I recall correctly, Harper was in town that day to talk about the new gang-crime legislation. Having a shooting discovered that morning would sort of fly in the face of the federal government's attempt to discourage such activity.

Kev
Sorry, that was a quote from Kim Bolan's blog.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #272
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
way to fuck up an ongoing investigation.
cause we all know the gangsters are reading this thread to get inside info

and if they are your welcome
Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #273

Quote:
Sorry, that was a quote from Kim Bolan's blog.
Ahh no worries. I occasionally read it too.

It's always fun when someone points out her lack of using racial definitions when brown people aren't involved.

Kev
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #274
Need to Seek Professional Help

What about those Stabbings DT?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #275
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

lol another shooting just now in burnaby
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote