REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #276
noob

^ source?
Advertisement
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #277
I don't get it

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/New...spx?ID=1067437
for the nguyen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #278
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Hmm Gilmore and Dominion. Is that down the road from the Starbucks near the Gilmore station?

Kev
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #279
noob

thank nguyen
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #280
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
It was a stabbing, not a shooting.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/New...spx?ID=1067470

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #281
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
One of the bullet proof cars that belonged to the bacon brothers
That's pimp. But what's the point of being pimp when you still live with your parents?

http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/...3-a8b6d3ed6bba
(Courtesy of SumAznGuy)

Quote:
All three adult sons have continued to live with their parents at either the family home - 35475 Strathcona Court - or at rented residences in Surrey like the one where the April 2007 shooting occurred. Current leases held by the brothers for a Corvette, two BMWs, two Mercedes and an Acura all list Strathcona Court as their residence.
(Article dated: June 5, 2008)
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #282
Banned By Establishment

I, for one, am glad we have all these shootings and killings.

Perfect example of why we should legalize drugs.

Keep shooting and killing guys, we need to show the governments of the world that prohibition does not work.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #283
I STILL don't get it

just love living in abby , so much fun!

- 84 civic -
- 89 ef -
- 93 eg -
- 92 eg built ls-v -
- 89 240 coupe sr20 -
- DD , 90 ef slammed, loud and extremely obnoxious to wake up you island drivers.
..::lazybum::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #284
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
DELTA (NEWS1130) - Delta police are investigating what they call a "significant" incident. There are reports that one person has been shot dead.

The investigation has 64th Avenue closed to all eastbound traffic from the Highway 91 turnoff near Watershed Park. Highway 10 is closed to all traffic at Highway 99, Highway 91and Scott Road.

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/m...02_222740_7800

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #285
My homepage has been set to RS

^ Wow shit!

O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\
JHuJHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #286
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
CKNW Breaking News...

Delta Police confirm one man has been found shot to death in a vehicle.
Police say the incident was reported to them about 6:30pm No word yet if it's a gang related shooting.
Hwy 10 from Scott Road the Hwy 91 is closed to all traffic.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #287
Banned By Establishment

Hahahahahahaha... wait, let me guess... cops have no suspects!

Clueless police, millions per day made from the drug trade, politicians talking big...

This system is funny! I want more blood in the streets. I'm laughing my ass off that this is popping off the way it is and nobody has anything close to a solution to stop it.

You can't stop it when there is SO MUCH MONEY to be made!

Cars, houses, tattoos, Ed Hardy, hot women, the occasional shooting... the Vancouver gangsta lifestyle!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #288
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

right by panorama ridge. soon enough this is going to be like the states. everyone that "looks" like a gangster or driving a "gangster" car will be pulled over and harassed and it will be legal to do so.
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #289
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
yea im sure good old Jim Chu will be able to live up to his big front page headline that "Arrests are coming"

yea right..
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #290
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I drive that stretch every day. Was coming home just now and trying to exit onto Number 10 highway. Police had blocked off the exit entirely.

It must have happened at the curve.

Kev
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #291
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

damn
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #292
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Gan...091/story.html

Quote:
VANCOUVER — Three people linked to the United Nations gang, including a senior ranking member, have been charged with attempted murder in connection with a targeted hit on a Bacon brothers’ associate outside a Surrey strip club Feb. 16.

The weekend arrests and charges are the first related to a series of brazen 2009 shootings that have left a trail of dead and wounded across Metro Vancouver.

Longtime UN gang member Barzan Tilli-Choli, 27, and associates Nicola Cottrell and Aram Ali, made their first appearance behind bulletproof plexiglass in Surrey Provincial Court’s room 107 Monday morning.

Extra security was in place for the appearance, including metal detectors at the front door, and additional police in the courthouse.

The trio each face two counts of attempting to kill Fraser Sutherland, 40, and Tyler Willock, 27, with a firearm.

Tilli-Choli was charged in Vancouver in 2007, along with UN gangmates Thanh Kiet Kha and Koth Gott Chanthapathet, with assault and uttering threats, but was convicted only of a breach. Two other threatening charges laid in Vancouver in 2006 were dismissed.

Cottrell has no other charges in B.C. according to a provincial court database search.

Ali, 23, was already facing a series of drug trafficking and stolen property charges in North Vancouver when arrested in the attempted murder.

A fourth accused, Sarah Trebble, was also charged over the weekend with being in the vehicle knowing there was a firearm inside.

Trebble is the former live-in girlfriend of full-patch White Rock Hells Angel Larry Amero, The Vancouver Sun has learned. She and Amero share a car lease for a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, according to personal property records.

Prosecutor Ralph Keefer refused to comment on the case outside court Monday.

But The Sun has learned that Willock is a close associate of Jonathan, Jarrod and Jamie Bacon and the Red Scorpion gang, and was the intended target of the shooting outside T-Barz strip club on East Whalley Ring Road and 104th Ave. But Sutherland, who was driving his leased Range Rover with Willock in the back, is the one who ended up wounded when the bullets started flying.

Surrey RCMP said at the time that Sutherland’s vehicle left the scene and headed for Langley but couldn’t make it home. An ambulance attended to him at 216th and Fraser Highway about 12:40 a.m. Feb. 16.

Tilli-Choli has assumed a greater role in the UN gang since leader Clay Roueche was arrested in the U.S. last May on cocaine and marijuana smuggling charges. Roueche remains behind bars in Seattle awaiting trial in April.

Tilli-Choli is also close to Mike and Peter Adiwal, twins convicted of a gangland kidnapping who have played leading roles in the Independent Soldiers.

Tilli-Choli, Cottrell and Ali were still wearing their street clothes when they were led into court Monday and placed in separate prisoners’ boxes.

A tattoo reading “Barzan” with a Chinese character underneath could be seen on the back of Cottrell’s neck.

A young woman in the public gallery began weeping uncontrollably when she saw Ali, gesturing to him through the glass. A sheriff had to calm her down as tears streamed down her face.

All three were remanded in custody until March 10, when they will have a bail hearing.

Trebble was released from custody on the weekend with a promise to appear later in March. She has no previous charges nor convictions, according to court files.

Willock, the intended victim of the Feb. 16 hit, is also facing five gun charges laid in December after an incident last July in Langley. The counts include: careless use of a firearm, unauthorized possession of a firearm and ammunition and occupying a vehicle in which there is a firearm. He was released on $1,000 bail on Dec. 18.

The feud between the Bacons, their Red Scorpion associates and the rival UN gang has been brewing for almost a year. Police have issued four public warnings —including two last month — telling the public to steer clear of the Bacons or risk getting caught in the crossfire.

UN member Duane Harvey Meyer was shot to death on the steps of an Abbotsford home May 8, 2008. Hours later, a young stereo installer named Jonathan Alex Barber was gunned down by mistake as he drove one of the Bacons’ vehicles along Kingsway in Burnaby. Police said the suspects are from the UN and that Barber was completely innocent.

UN associate Mike Gordon was murdered in Chilliwack in August and Bacon associate Dennis Karbovanec was shot twice Dec. 31, 2008, but recovered. Jamie Bacon was shot at Jan. 20, but was uninjured.

Former Red Scorpion associate Raphael Baldini was gunned down outside a Surrey mall Feb. 3, three days before close Bacon associate Kevin LeClair was killed Dec. 6 in a hail of automatic gunfire outside a Langley mall.

Baldini associate Nikki Alemy, whose husband Koshan has UN gang links, was shot to death in front of her four-year-old Feb. 16 — hours after the T-Barz shooting.

The rash of shootings, many in daylight hours in crowded public places, have prompted a flurry of political reaction, including proposed changes to the Criminal Code to toughen laws against gangs and other organized crime groups.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #293
Banned By Establishment

Gangster = money, pussy, fame
Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #294
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
theyll be out in no time
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #295
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
theyll be out in no time

lol charges won't stick

You'd be more punished caught street racing at PK...
Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #296
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
At least they made some arrests it's a step in the right direction. If there guilty (call me biased but I'm sure they are) here's to hoping they get convicted of Murder 1.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #297
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
At least they made some arrests it's a step in the right direction. If there guilty (call me biased but I'm sure they are) here's to hoping they get convicted of Murder 1.

and 6 people take their place hoping to earn a piece of that $6 billion dollar B.C. drug trade pie.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #298
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
and 6 people take their place hoping to earn a piece of that $6 billion dollar B.C. drug trade pie.
Perhaps, but whats the alternative? Just let them kill whoever they want whenever they want with no consequences? The system isn't perfect, the cops are far from perfect but doing something is better then nothing.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #299
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Perhaps, but whats the alternative? Just let them kill whoever they want whenever they want with no consequences? The system isn't perfect, the cops are far from perfect but doing something is better then nothing.

Legalize, regulate
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #300
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ +1