REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #7201
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
WTF is this? NBA teaming up with a Chinese film studio to produce a film

Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard in "Amazing" - YouTube
Perhaps the NBA thinks that a combination of NBA stars and some Chinese actors is a good way to bring greater awareness of basketball in China.

But basketball is already a popular sport in that country. They want to go "Hollywood" by making a high profile film to include NBA players?
-get more Chinese guys to play the beautiful game so that they can bring their talents to the NBA?
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #7202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
lol at ibaka, not the best time to smack talk the best player in the league

Ibaka: ‘LeBron Is Not A Good Defender’ « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

^ he's literally basing his comments on observations a 10 year old would make..... actually im pretty surprised he's that narrow minded, thought he was smarter than that...

He's basing LeBrons defensive capabilities on not being able to guard Durant 1 on 1, you kidding me ? Durant is a beast, he's basically a shooting guard version Dirk Nowitzki, nobody can guard him, but LeBron at least does a good job of crowding him forcing him to drive where he can rely on Bosh to help...
from all the players I can think off the top of my head, I think Scottie Pippen would have done the best job on Durant defensively,

but then again Ibaka could be an absolute genius, maybe he's trying to incite LeBron to dedicate all game and all his energy just guarding Durant on the defensive end, which wouldn't leave much room for his offense and that's what's been killing the Thunder, LeBrons offense...
we shall see later today, game time !

HotJoint, drop in fee is 5.75... they dont have a work out gym there which at first sounds stupid, but when you think about how many surrey jacks would overrun the centre if it did have weights, you then realize the sheer genius of this community centre, lol, it's all old retired people there just hangin out
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #7203
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
saw your video and 2 words came to mind seeing that - Sam Perkins
he took 3's and his feet never left the ground when he was in indiana and seattle. never really got blocked but he was a PF/center and only took open shots

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #7204
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

ibaka just added more fuel to the fire. i see this as the same as lebron/wade making fun of dirk being sick last year. it will just add to lebron's determination to get that first ring.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #7205
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Ramon Sessions has decided not to exercise his player option with the Lakers, instead becoming an unrestricted free agent.
He leaves approximately $4.5 million on the table to hit the free agent market...lol nobody wants to play with Kobe....

Dwyane Wade has hired Tim Grover to help him with his conditioning.
Grover is the founder and owner of Attack Athletics and is known for training Michael Jordan. He has been training Kobe Bryant, but with Bryant's permission, Grover flew to South Florida in order to begin working with Wade. The Palm Beach Post points out that it's "no secret" Wade's left knee has been bothering him. It's worth noting that Grover was "largely credited with getting Wade back into premium shape in 2008."

Last edited by bballguy; 06-19-2012 at 10:41 AM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #7206

Glow, lol I remember Big Sleepy or Big Smooth was one of Sam PErkins' nicknames throughout his career, me and my friends always used to crack jokes on him cuz he always looked like he was fckin high outta his mind

fck I dont think Sessions is gonna get anything over 5 mill a year on the market, i think he knows that too, and he must really wanna gtfo of LA....
yea Grover is the man to go too, everyone has been going to him over the years for rehab and working out, T Mac, Arenas, Wade, etc... they held the draft combine at his Attack Athletics compound last year or the year before that, not 100% sure....

so shit, here I am bashing Wade for sucking over the last few months, and it's his knee that's been slowing him down, didn't know that, guess he hasn't been 100%
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #7207

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMarko View Post
ibaka just added more fuel to the fire. i see this as the same as lebron/wade making fun of dirk being sick last year. it will just add to lebron's determination to get that first ring.
-think that Ibaka made a big mistake with those comments. He just gave the Heat some bulletin board material in order to give them a little extra motivation heading into game 4.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #7208

Um sessions is smart. After him playing pretty good with the lakers last yr....he COULD get more money by testing free agency(kwame got 7 million for Fuk sakes) So I don't see it as him not wanting to play with kobe or lakers. Unlessss they had a fallout right after their season was over
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #7209

Gspec. We've always wanted to check out that gym lol. Seem like a good spot to practice etc
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #7210

^ yea its a real nice gym, check it out for sure,

here's a great interview, i'm just killin time at work till the game later on, lol

Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #7211
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Perhaps the NBA thinks that a combination of NBA stars and some Chinese actors is a good way to bring greater awareness of basketball in China.

But basketball is already a popular sport in that country. They want to go "Hollywood" by making a high profile film to include NBA players?
-get more Chinese guys to play the beautiful game so that they can bring their talents to the NBA?
I thought chinese poeple only play badminton because that is where they dont get sun tan and collide with other players. Also you can meet girls at badminton....
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #7212

It's obvious that Sessions has opted out because he wants a multi-year deal after having a decent season...He'd probably get around the same amount of money/year, but over a longer period of time...

That said, if Kobe would just take a slight step to the side and let Sessions truly handle the point guard job, I bet Sessions could have a real break-out season and demand more money long term....He probably doesn't have much confidence in that happening so he's deciding to opt out now...
Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
I thought chinese poeple only play badminton because that is where they dont get sun tan and collide with other players. Also you can meet girls at badminton....
International - Helen Gao - From Mao Zedong to Jeremy Lin: Why Basketball Is China's Biggest Sport - The Atlantic

A good article about the explosive growth of basketball in China.

An estimated 300 million people play basketball in China according to the Chinese Basketball Association. Almost 1 in 4 people play the sport in that country.
You can compare basketball's popularity in China to baseball in Japan and hockey in Canada. No. 1!

LeBron in a photo-op with university student volunteers in Shanghai. Props to LBJ for bringing a bigger profile to an already popular sport in China.

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-19-2012 at 01:16 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #7214

^ somebody needs to photoshop dollar signs on every one of those students heads....

that's all it's about to these corporations, they don't give a fuck about the actual game itself but only what profit it can bring them, realistically that's the only reason Nike is bringing guys like Bron and Kobe over there... it's a HUUUUUUGE market

half the people I see when I go ball are wearing Kobe's, LITERALLY, half of them for fcks sake, i cant imagine how hot they sellin in China
Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #7215

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ somebody needs to photoshop dollar signs on every one of those students heads....

that's all it's about to these corporations, they don't give a fuck about the actual game itself but only what profit it can bring them, realistically that's the only reason Nike is bringing guys like Bron and Kobe over there... it's a HUUUUUUGE market

half the people I see when I go ball are wearing Kobe's, LITERALLY, half of them for fcks sake, i cant imagine how hot they sellin in China
There's no doubt that Nike and other American corporations are in China for the money. However, I'm not giving any credit to the big companies for introducing the sport of basketball to the Chinese.

My grandpa, and great grandpa played the sport back in the day, after some YMCA missionaires played the game in China.

Basketball is an old school sport in that country as per the article. Kids played the game in schools and in parks when they were growing up:

International - Helen Gao - From Mao Zedong to Jeremy Lin: Why Basketball Is China's Biggest Sport - The Atlantic

Introduced to China over a century ago by YMCA missionaries just a few years after the game's 1891 invention in Springfield, Massachusetts, basketball has seeped into the fabric of Chinese lives. Until the NBA arrived in early 1990s, basketball had come to feel so intrinsically Chinese, most people did not even associate it with America.

I hear people saying that it's all on Yao Ming and Wang Zhi Zhi's shoulders for making basketball popular in China because they were the first Chinese born players in the NBA. Complete bullshit. The game has its roots in China over a century ago.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #7216
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
cant wait till tonight's game, im hoping lebron gives ibaka a HUGE block and do the mutombo finger wag on him

i didnt root for any specific team before, but now, go miami!
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #7217

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts

Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #7218

*Rick Ross grunt*
Westbrook killin it like a dude who just got home to his woman from servin a 10 year bid

lol Mark Madsen

Last edited by G-spec; 06-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #7219

Westbrook is playing with a thunderous roar. The Heat weathered the storm in the first half though. A good run for the Heat after OKC comes out attacking to start the game. -love the pace of this game.

Good move by coach Brooks to take Durant away from guarding James. I had a feeling that OKC's coach wasn't gonna let LeBron get KD into foul trouble for a third straight game.

LeBron is making the Thunder pay with those double teams on him.
LBJ makes the great passes to open shooter like Cole, Chalmers, and Battier for the three. His passing is even better than his shooting. Ibaka or Sefolosha are gonna have to go for the steal or prevent the passes from LeBron to the open guy.

Double teaming LeBron is playing with Miami fire if you ask me. He's too smart, too good a passer to double team as a defensive strategy.

-glad to see that D-Wade is okay after taking that nasty fall on his back.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #7220

lol dat russell westbr00k.....Kept them in the game, and then single-handedly iced it...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #7221

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lol dat russell westbr00k.....Kept them in the game, and then single-handedly iced it...
Yeah, bad decision by Westbrook to foul Chalmers. -guess he didn't realize that the shot clock did not reset at the time.

Speaking of Chalmers, MC had his best game of the playoffs. -made that clutch lay up in the last minute of the game.

-looks like we might see an NBA championship being celebrated on home court this Thursday night.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #7222

Thank goodness LeBron didn't suffer a serious injury. -looks like he suffered cramps in his quads. Ice, gatorade, and a massage should fix that.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #7223
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Westbrook is getting hammered from the media, OKC wins it was Durant, OKC losses its Westbrook's fault, guy cannot catch a break he kept them in the game tonight. Harden was a no-show again for the second straight game.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #7224

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Already said before the season started that the thunder will win a championship because of westbrook or lose it because of westbrook
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #7225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Already said before the season started that the thunder will win a championship because of westbrook or lose it because of westbrook
Cool Story Bro...