REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #12876
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
his teammate tried to high five him but IGNOREDDDDDDDD
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #12877
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Canucks ticket prices plummeting online

Quote:
There’s not a whole lot of silver linings to the Vancouver Canucks collapse – unless you’re a bargain hunter for cheap tickets.

On the reseller website StubHub, the cheapest tickets for the remaining eight home games have decreased between 10 and 45 per cent from where they stood on January 22nd.

The Canucks were 10 games above .500 then, and the cheapest tickets for an April 1st game against the New York Rangers were going for $73.50.

Since then, Vancouver has won just 3 of 16 games – and now the cheapest tickets can be found below face value for $40.70.

The number of tickets available for each game on StubHub have gone down by only 5-15% during that period as well. It means that there are just as many people putting their tickets back on the market as those purchasing them.

Earlier this week, Mike Gillis sent a letter to season ticket holders, explaining the trade of Roberto Luongo and asking them to keep confidence in the team.

“Usually you don’t see a letter like that until the postseason. To do that before the renewal of season tickets, I’ve never seen that before. There’s a lot of fans that do not want to come back. They’re disappointed. The decision making has been atrocious,” said Kingsley Bailey of Vancouver Ticket Services on Unfiltered.

He said further ticket breaks by the team itself would be necessary.

“They’re going to have to come up with some types of packages.”

Canucks ticket prices plummeting online | Globalnews.ca

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #12878
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Excellent

Suck it, Aquilini
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #12879
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Excellent

Suck it, Aquilini
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, bad karma is coming to Aquilini. Lower ticket prices as a result of an on-ice product that fans are not happy with.

He lets go of 1000 people from the Aramark concession firm in his arena because he doesn't wanna pay people $13 to $18 bucks per hour so that they cook and serve overpriced food. One thousand people are out of a job because of this greedy ass owner.

Aquaman is getting a bad name in Vancouver rightfully so.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #12880
i like gifs

They already have a horrible rep prior to buying the Canucks. Everyone that has had any business dealings with them have all said they're nothing but sleazy scumbags. What they did to Gaglardi just proves it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #12881
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
I would think most of the aramark staff would apply to work at rogers arena still they have the skills and experience in working in a sports arena, but yes they will be taking a cut in pay, so not all is lost.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #12882
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
They already have a horrible rep prior to buying the Canucks. Everyone that has had any business dealings with them have all said they're nothing but sleazy scumbags. What they did to Gaglardi just proves it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Honestly...any rich guy at some point is probably sleazy in their business dealings.

Jim Pattison started to roll out PriceSmart instead of Save Ons was because of unions as well wasn't it?

Gaglardi is probably a similar type.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #12883
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Honestly...any rich guy at some point is probably sleazy in their business dealings.

Jim Pattison started to roll out PriceSmart instead of Save Ons was because of unions as well wasn't it?

Gaglardi is probably a similar type.
Oh, I don't doubt that.

It's just that the overwhelming consensus seems to be that they're nothing but scumbags.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #12884
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
I would think most of the aramark staff would apply to work at rogers arena still they have the skills and experience in working in a sports arena, but yes they will be taking a cut in pay, so not all is lost.
I'd expect Local 40 to fight this. What's the point of a contract if you decide to rip it up whenever you feel like it?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #12885
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
^^Most likely some kind of out clause he took advantage of, otherwise he would face some kind of repercussion.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #12886
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Basketball and soccer players are by far the softest/girlie-men/pussys of all pro athletes, especially Lebron. The guy was making a huge deal that he had a broken nose a few weeks ago, left the game and missed another game after because of a broken nose. You have hockey and football players breaking noses and just shrugging it off like no big deal all the time without missing a shift.
this is true, although its lulzworthy when these neckbeard couch potatoes nhl fans (of which their are thousands) call out professional athletes for being pussies

Hockey Fans Using Rich Peverley To Shit On LeBron James Are The Worst
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #12887

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Colorado to be a team to get a 1st overall pick the previous year then win the president trophy?
Mackinnon is the NHL's next big thing.

- "Don't tank for 1st overall, i rather the canucks make it into the playoffs so i can be entertained"
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #12888
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Yeah, bad karma is coming to Aquilini. Lower ticket prices as a result of an on-ice product that fans are not happy with.

He lets go of 1000 people from the Aramark concession firm in his arena because he doesn't wanna pay people $13 to $18 bucks per hour so that they cook and serve overpriced food. One thousand people are out of a job because of this greedy ass owner.

Aquaman is getting a bad name in Vancouver rightfully so.
To be honest though most fast food place (McDonald's Burger King, KFC) pays min wage and I don't see how serve food in Rogers Arena is anymore different yet they are pay more.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #12889
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
this is true, although its lulzworthy when these neckbeard couch potatoes nhl fans (of which their are thousands) call out professional athletes for being pussies

Hockey Fans Using Rich Peverley To Shit On LeBron James Are The Worst
Lebron is a superstar. The NBA protects him. That's why the NBA is the most popular league in the world out of all the North American Pro Leagues. The NHL should take notice by protecting Crosby. Fuck the no-name players, the NHL should protect / favour its superstars.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #12890
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Pretty sure the popularity of the NFL in the states alone outweighs the global popularity of the NBA
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #12891
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Pretty sure the popularity of the NFL in the states alone outweighs the global popularity of the NBA
Posted via RS Mobile
Literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #12892
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Yup, revenues and ratings numbers wise, the NFL just destroys all other professional leagues in worldwide numbers. Ratings wise for the year 2013, out of the top 31 most watched TV programs, 30 of them were NFL games, only program that wasn't was the Thanksgiving Day parade special.

The NBA has been in serious trouble with declining attendance, revenues, ratings, etc... In a recent Harris poll, Americans where asked to name their favorite sport and NBA sunk to the same level as the NHL.

Quote:
Pro football is the most popular sport in America for at least the 30th straight year.

That's according to a survey taken this month by the Harris Poll, which has been asking adult fans, ages 18 and over, about their favorite sport since 1985.

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #12893
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

no surprise that the NBA is decline. only a handful of team are true contenders. the rest of the league are just appetizers. tell me what average fan can get hyped for their team knowing full well they won't beat OKC, Miami etc...
Old 03-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #12894
I don't get it

Quote:
Yup, revenues and ratings numbers wise, the NFL just destroys all other professional leagues in worldwide numbers. Ratings wise for the year 2013, out of the top 31 most watched TV programs, 30 of them were NFL games, only program that wasn't was the Thanksgiving Day parade special.

The NBA has been in serious trouble with declining attendance, revenues, ratings, etc... In a recent Harris poll, Americans where asked to name their favorite sport and NBA sunk to the same level as the NHL.
Difference is the NBA is the next most popular professional global game behind soccer. The money made in Asia alone makes up for the lesser popularity in North America.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #12895

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Gillis is being non-commital on Torts' future on the team.

Canucks GM Gillis noncommittal on future of Tortorella

I say Torts stays as coach and Aquilini fires Gillis, cause scumbag bosses like Aquilini, support their Italian brothers.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #12896
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
Difference is the NBA is the next most popular professional global game behind soccer. The money made in Asia alone makes up for the lesser popularity in North America.
Posted via RS Mobile
In terms of worldwide revenues, NBA/basketball is not, soccer yes but only if you combine the revenues of all the pro soccer leagues, so many individual pro soccer leagues. While it is profitable, basketball still ranks behind NFL, soccer and baseball in terms of revenues and ratings.

Based on the fiscal numbers of all leagues off their 2012 seasons, NFL total worldwide revenues was approx $6.6 billion, NBA was approx. $3.6 billion, the next closets pro basketball league to even generate was a German league in the millions of dollars, not billions. The biggest Soccer league, the Premier League revenues was $2.9 billion. MLB approx $5.8 billion.

In 2013, NFL worldwide revenues was over $9 billion How The National Football League Can Reach $25 Billion In Annual Revenues - Forbes

Basketball might be more popular than football in terms of numbers of people playing worldwide but that hasn't translated into $$$ or ratings. I deal with a lot of advertisers with some of the major film studios I work with, we see a lot of reports on ratings and revenues on various aspects of entertainment (sports, film, tv, music, etc..) as we have to compete for sponsorship/ad dollars/revenues.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #12897
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

Basketball might be more popular than football in terms of numbers of people playing worldwide but that hasn't translated into $$$ or ratings. I deal with a lot of advertisers with some of the major film studios I work with, we see a lot of reports on ratings and revenues on various aspects of entertainment (sports, film, tv, music, etc..) as we have to compete for sponsorship/ad dollars/revenues.
Of course bball is more popular. That's just trivial. But the NFL just rocks every pro sports league in the world for revenue. Average NFL team is worth almost $1 billion dollars.

As a superstar athlete, you want to be a superstar in the NBA. The endorsements for players trumps players from other leagues.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #12898
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
I'd expect Local 40 to fight this. What's the point of a contract if you decide to rip it up whenever you feel like it?
Posted via RS Mobile
I doubt they can do much. There's likely a clause for an early termination fee.
& some of the money will go to Aramark employees for severance.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #12899

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Gillis is being non-commital on Torts' future on the team.

Canucks GM Gillis noncommittal on future of Tortorella

I say Torts stays as coach and Aquilini fires Gillis, cause scumbag bosses like Aquilini, support their Italian brothers.
16 mill decision if the Canucks let Gillis and Torts go.

Only a 1st overall type hype player can make that revenue back to cover their ass.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #12900
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Unless Gillis resigns and then they wont have to pay him out
Closed Thread