REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #12876
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
his teammate tried to high five him but IGNOREDDDDDDDD
Advertisement
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #12877
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,504
Thanked 7,099 Times in 1,842 Posts
Canucks ticket prices plummeting online

Quote:
There’s not a whole lot of silver linings to the Vancouver Canucks collapse – unless you’re a bargain hunter for cheap tickets.

On the reseller website StubHub, the cheapest tickets for the remaining eight home games have decreased between 10 and 45 per cent from where they stood on January 22nd.

The Canucks were 10 games above .500 then, and the cheapest tickets for an April 1st game against the New York Rangers were going for $73.50.

Since then, Vancouver has won just 3 of 16 games – and now the cheapest tickets can be found below face value for $40.70.

The number of tickets available for each game on StubHub have gone down by only 5-15% during that period as well. It means that there are just as many people putting their tickets back on the market as those purchasing them.

Earlier this week, Mike Gillis sent a letter to season ticket holders, explaining the trade of Roberto Luongo and asking them to keep confidence in the team.

“Usually you don’t see a letter like that until the postseason. To do that before the renewal of season tickets, I’ve never seen that before. There’s a lot of fans that do not want to come back. They’re disappointed. The decision making has been atrocious,” said Kingsley Bailey of Vancouver Ticket Services on Unfiltered.

He said further ticket breaks by the team itself would be necessary.

“They’re going to have to come up with some types of packages.”


Canucks ticket prices plummeting online | Globalnews.ca
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #12878
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,096
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
Excellent

Suck it, Aquilini
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #12879
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,892
Thanked 2,189 Times in 983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Excellent

Suck it, Aquilini
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, bad karma is coming to Aquilini. Lower ticket prices as a result of an on-ice product that fans are not happy with.

He lets go of 1000 people from the Aramark concession firm in his arena because he doesn't wanna pay people $13 to $18 bucks per hour so that they cook and serve overpriced food. One thousand people are out of a job because of this greedy ass owner.

Aquaman is getting a bad name in Vancouver rightfully so.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #12880
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,096
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
They already have a horrible rep prior to buying the Canucks. Everyone that has had any business dealings with them have all said they're nothing but sleazy scumbags. What they did to Gaglardi just proves it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #12881
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,504
Thanked 7,099 Times in 1,842 Posts
I would think most of the aramark staff would apply to work at rogers arena still they have the skills and experience in working in a sports arena, but yes they will be taking a cut in pay, so not all is lost.
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #12882
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,368
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
They already have a horrible rep prior to buying the Canucks. Everyone that has had any business dealings with them have all said they're nothing but sleazy scumbags. What they did to Gaglardi just proves it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Honestly...any rich guy at some point is probably sleazy in their business dealings.

Jim Pattison started to roll out PriceSmart instead of Save Ons was because of unions as well wasn't it?

Gaglardi is probably a similar type.
highfive is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #12883
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,096
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Honestly...any rich guy at some point is probably sleazy in their business dealings.

Jim Pattison started to roll out PriceSmart instead of Save Ons was because of unions as well wasn't it?

Gaglardi is probably a similar type.
Oh, I don't doubt that.

It's just that the overwhelming consensus seems to be that they're nothing but scumbags.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #12884
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,096
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
I would think most of the aramark staff would apply to work at rogers arena still they have the skills and experience in working in a sports arena, but yes they will be taking a cut in pay, so not all is lost.
I'd expect Local 40 to fight this. What's the point of a contract if you decide to rip it up whenever you feel like it?
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #12885
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,607
Thanked 1,019 Times in 462 Posts
^^Most likely some kind of out clause he took advantage of, otherwise he would face some kind of repercussion.
Expresso is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #12886
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: n zone
Posts: 2,679
Thanked 1,924 Times in 611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Basketball and soccer players are by far the softest/girlie-men/pussys of all pro athletes, especially Lebron. The guy was making a huge deal that he had a broken nose a few weeks ago, left the game and missed another game after because of a broken nose. You have hockey and football players breaking noses and just shrugging it off like no big deal all the time without missing a shift.
this is true, although its lulzworthy when these neckbeard couch potatoes nhl fans (of which their are thousands) call out professional athletes for being pussies

Hockey Fans Using Rich Peverley To Shit On LeBron James Are The Worst
Sid Vicious is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #12887
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,139
Thanked 2,532 Times in 903 Posts
Colorado to be a team to get a 1st overall pick the previous year then win the president trophy?
Mackinnon is the NHL's next big thing.


- "Don't tank for 1st overall, i rather the canucks make it into the playoffs so i can be entertained"
Mike Oxbig is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #12888
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,528
Thanked 1,659 Times in 843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Yeah, bad karma is coming to Aquilini. Lower ticket prices as a result of an on-ice product that fans are not happy with.

He lets go of 1000 people from the Aramark concession firm in his arena because he doesn't wanna pay people $13 to $18 bucks per hour so that they cook and serve overpriced food. One thousand people are out of a job because of this greedy ass owner.

Aquaman is getting a bad name in Vancouver rightfully so.
To be honest though most fast food place (McDonald's Burger King, KFC) pays min wage and I don't see how serve food in Rogers Arena is anymore different yet they are pay more.
Mr.HappySilp is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #12889
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,334
Thanked 458 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
this is true, although its lulzworthy when these neckbeard couch potatoes nhl fans (of which their are thousands) call out professional athletes for being pussies

Hockey Fans Using Rich Peverley To Shit On LeBron James Are The Worst
Lebron is a superstar. The NBA protects him. That's why the NBA is the most popular league in the world out of all the North American Pro Leagues. The NHL should take notice by protecting Crosby. Fuck the no-name players, the NHL should protect / favour its superstars.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #12890
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,727
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Pretty sure the popularity of the NFL in the states alone outweighs the global popularity of the NBA
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #12891
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,295
Thanked 4,192 Times in 1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Pretty sure the popularity of the NFL in the states alone outweighs the global popularity of the NBA
Posted via RS Mobile
Literally.

__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #12892
RS.net PIMP
 
7seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver/LA
Posts: 4,903
Thanked 3,067 Times in 828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Pretty sure the popularity of the NFL in the states alone outweighs the global popularity of the NBA
Posted via RS Mobile
Yup, revenues and ratings numbers wise, the NFL just destroys all other professional leagues in worldwide numbers. Ratings wise for the year 2013, out of the top 31 most watched TV programs, 30 of them were NFL games, only program that wasn't was the Thanksgiving Day parade special.

The NBA has been in serious trouble with declining attendance, revenues, ratings, etc... In a recent Harris poll, Americans where asked to name their favorite sport and NBA sunk to the same level as the NHL.

Quote:
Pro football is the most popular sport in America for at least the 30th straight year.

That's according to a survey taken this month by the Harris Poll, which has been asking adult fans, ages 18 and over, about their favorite sport since 1985.

In 2014, 35 percent of fans call the NFL their favorite sport, followed by Major League Baseball (14 percent), college football (11 percent), auto racing (7 percent), the NBA (6 percent), the NHL (5 percent) and college basketball (3 percent).
__________________

13 Range Rover SC
11 Yukon Hybrid
13 Accord V6 Coupe
7seven is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #12893
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: richmond
Posts: 247
Thanked 68 Times in 36 Posts
no surprise that the NBA is decline. only a handful of team are true contenders. the rest of the league are just appetizers. tell me what average fan can get hyped for their team knowing full well they won't beat OKC, Miami etc...
TPMarko is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #12894
I don't get it
 
cow20xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 409
Thanked 84 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Yup, revenues and ratings numbers wise, the NFL just destroys all other professional leagues in worldwide numbers. Ratings wise for the year 2013, out of the top 31 most watched TV programs, 30 of them were NFL games, only program that wasn't was the Thanksgiving Day parade special.

The NBA has been in serious trouble with declining attendance, revenues, ratings, etc... In a recent Harris poll, Americans where asked to name their favorite sport and NBA sunk to the same level as the NHL.
Difference is the NBA is the next most popular professional global game behind soccer. The money made in Asia alone makes up for the lesser popularity in North America.
Posted via RS Mobile
cow20xx is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #12895
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,892
Thanked 2,189 Times in 983 Posts
Gillis is being non-commital on Torts' future on the team.

Canucks GM Gillis noncommittal on future of Tortorella

I say Torts stays as coach and Aquilini fires Gillis, cause scumbag bosses like Aquilini, support their Italian brothers.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #12896
RS.net PIMP
 
7seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver/LA
Posts: 4,903
Thanked 3,067 Times in 828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
Difference is the NBA is the next most popular professional global game behind soccer. The money made in Asia alone makes up for the lesser popularity in North America.
Posted via RS Mobile
In terms of worldwide revenues, NBA/basketball is not, soccer yes but only if you combine the revenues of all the pro soccer leagues, so many individual pro soccer leagues. While it is profitable, basketball still ranks behind NFL, soccer and baseball in terms of revenues and ratings.

Based on the fiscal numbers of all leagues off their 2012 seasons, NFL total worldwide revenues was approx $6.6 billion, NBA was approx. $3.6 billion, the next closets pro basketball league to even generate was a German league in the millions of dollars, not billions. The biggest Soccer league, the Premier League revenues was $2.9 billion. MLB approx $5.8 billion.

In 2013, NFL worldwide revenues was over $9 billion How The National Football League Can Reach $25 Billion In Annual Revenues - Forbes

Basketball might be more popular than football in terms of numbers of people playing worldwide but that hasn't translated into $$$ or ratings. I deal with a lot of advertisers with some of the major film studios I work with, we see a lot of reports on ratings and revenues on various aspects of entertainment (sports, film, tv, music, etc..) as we have to compete for sponsorship/ad dollars/revenues.
__________________

13 Range Rover SC
11 Yukon Hybrid
13 Accord V6 Coupe
7seven is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #12897
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,334
Thanked 458 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

Basketball might be more popular than football in terms of numbers of people playing worldwide but that hasn't translated into $$$ or ratings. I deal with a lot of advertisers with some of the major film studios I work with, we see a lot of reports on ratings and revenues on various aspects of entertainment (sports, film, tv, music, etc..) as we have to compete for sponsorship/ad dollars/revenues.
Of course bball is more popular. That's just trivial. But the NFL just rocks every pro sports league in the world for revenue. Average NFL team is worth almost $1 billion dollars.

As a superstar athlete, you want to be a superstar in the NBA. The endorsements for players trumps players from other leagues.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #12898
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 2,110
Thanked 755 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I'd expect Local 40 to fight this. What's the point of a contract if you decide to rip it up whenever you feel like it?
Posted via RS Mobile
I doubt they can do much. There's likely a clause for an early termination fee.
& some of the money will go to Aramark employees for severance.
subordinate is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #12899
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,139
Thanked 2,532 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Gillis is being non-commital on Torts' future on the team.

Canucks GM Gillis noncommittal on future of Tortorella

I say Torts stays as coach and Aquilini fires Gillis, cause scumbag bosses like Aquilini, support their Italian brothers.
16 mill decision if the Canucks let Gillis and Torts go.

Only a 1st overall type hype player can make that revenue back to cover their ass.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #12900
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,603
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
Unless Gillis resigns and then they wont have to pay him out
murd0c is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net