REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #151
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
i got annoyed with the whole "let's make it mandatory to play Canadians during the Canadian tournament"

That was just holy-shit-did-you-really-just-seriously-suggest-that moment. Not a whole lot of people give much of a damn about this tourney already, you really wanna make it mandatory to put sub par product on there? I remember the Caps-Seattle CCL game...jesus that was horrid. My little brother was in a pretty relaxed U14 league years ago and i've found that more entertaining by a gazillion miles.

Just look at the CHL's dumbass ban on import goalies. That's really helped Canada. We're churning out superstar goalies by the dozen its ridiculous.
/s
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #152

Whoo! Canadian Champs!
Time to go to work hungover as fuck tmr!
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #153
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
After Parker's goal, the Impact were pretty resigned to the defeat as they didn't push numbers forward. I guess they need to make the playoffs now with the Drogba signing, so they didn't bother putting it on the line for the Voyageurs Cup.

I'm totally expecting a letdown in Houston (where no team wins), but I would be ecstatic with a draw to keep pace for the Supporters Shield race.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #154
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
And the Whitecaps are now having the same game as Stoke City today. 9 men on at least one bullshit foul, and possibly a fighting 1-0 loss.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #155

Pretty good little rant article lol

Why (Professional) Soccer Does Not, and WILL NOT, Matter in Canada - Eighty Six Forever
Spoiler!

it always annoyed the shit out of me that TSN has FIVE fucking channels showing the same shit

A few games ago i remember they were showing the last few minutes of a fucking CFL game that wasn't even BC or if it was they were getting smoked pretty bad on TSN 1,2,3,4,5

Caps game was scheduled on TSN 2 and surprise, surprise all fucking channels were showing the last few minutes of the CFL game.

I never really understood...what the actual fuck is the point of having five fucking channels that show the same shit? Isn't the purpose of having different channels to cover different fucking sporting events going on at the same time?

anyways...looking forward to watching the Caps play a non-MLS team for once.
shit better be on TV LOL
Old 01-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #156
My homepage has been set to RS

Bump!

Noone has talked about the caps two new signings! Pumped to see how Kudo will do compared to rivero! Also excited to see how morales and bolanos the new mid fielder will do! This year looks very promising from the goal keeping to forwards!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #157
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Indeed. Excited for this new season. Hopefully our new strikers can provide
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #158

Earnshaw retires but stays on with the Whitecaps in a coaching role

Whitecaps backup striker Robert Earnshaw retires
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #159

gonna miss his last second heroics and that epic flip
great addition to the coaching staff though

maybe there will be a 2016 thread afterall haha
still very interested to see who they'll be bringing in at RB to replace Beita and compete with Smith, they've been talking about this all week last week saying it's a few days away from completion and so far no word still

definitely gonna try to go to more games this year
eyeing that July game against Orlando SC to see Kaka
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #160

Vancouver Whitecaps acquire Canadian international Fraser Aird on season-long loan | MLSsoccer.com

that's actually impressive the Caps got him
lots of potential, i'm not sure how he'll do defensively but the kid has some potential
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #161

Great pickup by the Caps. He has spent four years with Rangers which is an extremely valuable learning experience, especially since he was able to break in and play with the first team at such a young age. Plus since he is Canadian, he doesn't take up an international roster spot. And if he fits in well and plays strong, chances are the Caps will complete the transfer permanently.

There are no negatives to this transfer signing. Carl Robinson comes through.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #162

Apparently to be confirmed tomorrow

Blas Perez signed
traded from FCD for Mauro Rosales

If this is true, i'm expecting a Mattocks sale or trade soon.

On paper the Caps offensive depth looks pretty stacked this season
Tons of if's:
If Rivero can get it and keep it together, Kudo's game translates well from J1
Manneh and Techera continue to be a threat from out wide
Morales is healthy and in top form/Bolanos becomes a viable option
Mezquida/Koffie/Laba holds down CDM
Aird adds a viable offensive option from the back end
Parker and Waston become rocks at CB
Ousted continues to be elite

...this team actually has a shot of being a championship team.
I could never say that about previous editions.

Robbo's definitely earning his money this off season tho
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #163

Not sure about this one. He can score goals, but has attitude problems, is known as a dirty "Matt Cooke" type player, and was often injured the past several seasons. And he makes quite a bit of cash. Goes against the usual type of player that Robinson covets...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #164

I honestly hated his ass when he played for Dallas
But I've been watching him for a few seasons now and imo he's an upgrade over Mattocks and Earnshaw if he's healthy.

He's also a pretty clutch scorer.
Word from Dallas is that he was a good guy in the locker room. I can see him mentoring Hurtado and Rivero.
If he can keep his antics or at least his penchant for reds in check this gives the caps a pretty good striker off the bench or during odd times
Old 02-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #165
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
I honestly hated his ass when he played for Dallas
But I've been watching him for a few seasons now and imo he's an upgrade over Mattocks and Earnshaw if he's healthy.

He's also a pretty clutch scorer.
Word from Dallas is that he was a good guy in the locker room. I can see him mentoring Hurtado and Rivero.
If he can keep his antics or at least his penchant for reds in check this gives the caps a pretty good striker off the bench or during odd times
Perez would be a great 60' sub, as with word that Manneh can come on as a sub based on his work coming off the bench. Considering that Koffie might get sold on, I'm guessing a two striker setup might look like this:

Rivero|Kudo
Techera|Morales|Bolanos
Laba
Harvey|Waston|Parker|Aird (Smith?)
Ousted
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #166

even a Perez|Kudo pairing up front looks pretty menacing
...assuming Kudo adjusts nicely

so many if's but this year's edition has pretty good promise

it'll be kinda weird seeing Blas in white...I remember always keeping tabs on him whenever we played Dallas and was pretty happy with the fact that he was away most of last year i think he came on as a sub when we played em last

what do you think of the new sea to sky's?
i didn't like it initially but its starting to grow on me now...i'm curious to see what the long sleeve version would look like
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #167
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Looking forward to the clutch goals and the antics that Blas Perez will bring. Perhaps he can teach Rivero and thing or two about when to go down for a foul and when to fight for position in the box.

He'll be useful in CCL play.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #168

dont mind the jersey looks slick will grow on me more! just curious to see the formation robbo will put out...hoping mattocks gets shipped out which it is looking like it now that perez is with the team!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #169
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
even a Perez|Kudo pairing up front looks pretty menacing
...assuming Kudo adjusts nicely

so many if's but this year's edition has pretty good promise

it'll be kinda weird seeing Blas in white...I remember always keeping tabs on him whenever we played Dallas and was pretty happy with the fact that he was away most of last year i think he came on as a sub when we played em last

what do you think of the new sea to sky's?
i didn't like it initially but its starting to grow on me now...i'm curious to see what the long sleeve version would look like
Like you said in an earlier post and this one, it's the "ifs". I feel like as Whitecaps fans, we've been dealing with too many ifs the past few years. If Daigo Kobayashi performed to the level we thought he would. If Kenny Miller did. If Darren Mattocks developed into what he should have, after showing so much promise. Same goes for Omar Salgado (and to think we could have drafted Darlington Nagbe instead). If Rivero didn't completely disappear after scoring 5 goals in his first 5 games. I don't want to sound like a complete pessimist, because I'll definitely praise what Robinson has done with the club, but I'm starting to disagree with their way of putting it together. All this free transfer bargain basement stuff. I agree with their philosophy of developing younger players but at the same time, I feel like if you want a true impact player, you have to pay for him. Right now, we don't have any true impact players besides Laba.

When I saw the leaked picture of the Sea to Sky jersey, I thought it had some promise, but after seeing it officially...It's terrible. It's way too busy, and choppy. The whole jersey (ie front, back and sleeves) should have the gradient, not just the front. Then, not only do they add the V design in there, but they put in horizontal stripes for good measure! I love the idea of a gradient but they added way too much to it.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #170

bump!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #171
"Entertainment" mod.

Same bullshit long ball to Rivero as last season. It's only game 1, but if they're planning to continue on with this no-buildup shit, there's no hope this year since after Rivero cooled off, he got figured out.

4-4-2 when?
Old 03-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #172
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I strongly agree with the comment above. WTF is with all the stupid long balls that reach nowhere. Even if they do there's barely any support up front.
They have to learn how to build up and play midfield and carry the ball up as a team instead of hopeful breaks up front.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #173
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I concur.
illestchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #174

Robinson has tried Rivero as a lone striker for over one season now and this has not generated any results. How can he keep going with the same formation?

I agree with most decisions he has made, but this is becoming maddening because everyone can see this will not, and will never work.