REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
The Official 2015 Whitecaps FC/MLS Thread

Seeing as this hasn't been made yet, I figured I should start. Checked previous history and it looks like it's usually posted on the Off-Topic forums but mods feel free to move if necessary.

Shitty end last year but lots to look forward to this year. I've been used to watching EPL games but since the WFC came to town it's been something of a growing interest. It's nowhere near the intensity and skill of games in Europe but its slowly getting better.

Besides that flub in the first game, Rivero is looking like a good pick up. Toronto win was predictable but I'm looking forward to another step in the right direction this year and the CONCACAF Champions League.

If anyone saw the Montreal game against Pachuca a few days ago...that was epic and I'm looking forward to the Caps participation in the 2015-16 tournament.

Here's hoping this year is another step in the right direction...and that Toronto continues to choke despite spending huge.

Advertisement
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,928 Times in 965 Posts
dont think toronto's win was predictable if vancouver was like -250 or someshit

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #3

Didn't see the odds but they definitely look to be the better team on paper vs the caps.

The 1st half went well enough...lol
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #4

went to the game, first 30 minutes it looked like vancouver could of scored 3+ goals easily

dominated toronto but lost gas after that

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
2-Wheelin' Mod

I'm a HUGE TFC fan and travel to see them play. I was in the TFC supporters section on Saturday. TFC was lucky not to be down 3-1 at the half. However, Vancouver just got dismantled in the second.

I think Vancouver has some very talented individuals but I worry about a lack of chemistry and it's not at all clear who the leader of this team is. I'm not sure who is going to reign on those conflicting personalities up front. That said - a successful Whitecaps team is good for Canadian soccer so I wish you Whitecaps supporters all the best ... except when you play Toronto.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,051 Times in 610 Posts
...the only Vancouver team ill cheer for
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
I'm a HUGE TFC fan and travel to see them play. I was in the TFC supporters section on Saturday. TFC was lucky not to be down 3-1 at the half. However, Vancouver just got dismantled in the second.

I think Vancouver has some very talented individuals but I worry about a lack of chemistry and it's not at all clear who the leader of this team is. I'm not sure who is going to reign on those conflicting personalities up front. That said - a successful Whitecaps team is good for Canadian soccer so I wish you Whitecaps supporters all the best ... except when you play Toronto.
Altidore is a troll...lol
but he looked legit in the first game.

It's a work in progress...Robbo said that the Caps will be trying to develop and showcase young talent, i'm just hoping his little South American escapade pays off. Imo, the team is still a legit CB and a proven striker or two away from doing damage. It's still up in the air if Hurtado and Rivero can actually fit in and give the team that missing offense since that dickbag Camillo left.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
I was at the game too. It was the first game in which I can honestly say that Robbo got out-coached. He made substitutions that seemed to be pre-determined as opposed to changes that responded to how Toronto clogged the midfield. It was baffling why Mezquida wasn't subbed on.

Long ball is fun, but I think other teams understand how to shut the 'Caps down.

Rivero is going to be a great pickup. His movement is probably the best out of all of the strikers we've had. I'm sure he'll be more clinical as the season wears on. The team just needs to get him the ball.

Michael Bradley should have been carded for his tackle on Pedro in the 1st half. But, he's a dominant player when he's on. Giovinco looks to be the real deal too.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post

I'm jealous. You guys got Giovinco. That's the only reason I went to the game.

Little dude made the difference for you guys. First goal was all his set up, and helped with the second too.

Caps should have won that game though. Played how a team playing their season opener at home should play, up until the half. That miss in the 10th minute was brutal too lol
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #10

damn, just checked...nyc fc doesn't visit until Sep 9. Will most likely go to that game. Too bad Orlando isn't visiting this season.

slightly off mls but anyone catch the PSG/Chelsea game yesterday? that game was full of lulz
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #11
I subscribe to Revscene

exciting we got a couple of new guys this year
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #12

mario balotelli is making less than giovinco this year lol

didnt know MLS players get this much , other than david beckham

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #13

Giovinco's salary is pretty much the Caps payroll this season lol
Kaka makes $6.6M with Orlando.

NYC FC has oil money behind it.
Maybe a mainland businessman will buy the Caps one day...
watch the kit change from Bell to "Tsingtao" LOL
Old 03-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #14

Not a bad start...that Morales miss point black tho.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #15
2-Wheelin' Mod

Great result in Chicago ... to go on the road and take 3 points like that ... terrific job to the Whitecaps. They should be very happy with that result.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #16
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

The caps have really looked good in these two games and are imposing their will when they get the ball. They're creating a ton of chances, but with the amount they've missed I hope it doesn't become a trend. Looked a lot like early 2014 when we had a "legit" goal scorer in Miller. The amount of speed we have is fun to watch, but our defence is suspect when it gets past Laba/ Teibert/Koffie, but they clean up when called on.

I'm happy Rivero is looking as advertised as well. His movement is opening up space and when given an opportunity he'll take it. I think the 15 Robbo thinks he'll score will be easy to get if he keeps playing like this. When he comes off though, I hope that the depth will be there to pick up the slack
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #17

doesn't look good for Rosales being in Sat's game.
Excited to watch how we do against OFC tho...they already look good and Kaka is as advertised.

lol i was watching a clip of NYC FC the other day and i was like

is ManCity playing an exhibition against NYCFC...then i realized they have similar kits.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #18
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Not a problem if Rosales misses the OFC game, Mezquida has looked great so far, especially with his link up play with Rivero. Not sure if he can play 90 minutes though.
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #19

i doubt he could...he's barely a 60 minute player right now but if he can make those minutes count and his chemistry with Rivero go then they won't need him to be a full time player.

i do agree with the defense assessment though...it's looked suspect so far. I wonder when we're gonna see our draft pick (iirc he's some promising college CB) or who Robbo has in store. Waston was a good pick up but the back end is still lacking.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #20
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 2,877 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
doesn't look good for Rosales being in Sat's game.
Excited to watch how we do against OFC tho...they already look good and Kaka is as advertised.

lol i was watching a clip of NYC FC the other day and i was like

is ManCity playing an exhibition against NYCFC...then i realized they have similar kits.
Well considering that group that runs City is majority owner of the club, it's not too much of a surprise. Although the concept is quite interesting since they could send young players to NYC to get some playing time at a level that's a bit higher than English Championship/League One/Two play.

Morales needs to find his form soon though, he's starting brutally slow right now.

And while I'm on the subject of lower-tier English football, here's a clip of the Worlds Strongest Footballer (According to EA) Adebayo Akinfenwa, doing his best Marshawn Lynch impression and scoring a beautiful screamer.

CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #21

yeah...nycfc with their oil money, inb4 they get like 5 championships in a row when they start sending MC prospects to NYCFC, not sure how the rules would apply though (is there an import rule on MLS besides designated players?)

never heard of that guy, googled him and saw this pic

Spoiler!

this guy's actually a fucking striker?
also got a Beast Mode clothing label haha
brb...adding him to my FUT for the lelz
Old 03-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #22

Damn, the impact are killing it at the semis right now.
Good game so far.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #23
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
i doubt he could...he's barely a 60 minute player right now but if he can make those minutes count and his chemistry with Rivero go then they won't need him to be a full time player.

i do agree with the defense assessment though...it's looked suspect so far. I wonder when we're gonna see our draft pick (iirc he's some promising college CB) or who Robbo has in store. Waston was a good pick up but the back end is still lacking.
I'm disappointed that Andy O'Brien wasn't brought back. He really held the backline together with his voice and experience. Haven't been impressed with Kah so far, he is too similar to Waston. Doesn't make sense to have two CB's that play the same game, need to have complementary styles. I'd rather see Rodriguez, Parker or Dean beside Waston in the next game. The back line is just getting exploited right now.
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #24
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
Any predictions for tomorrow's game? I could see this game going either way - we could lose 2-0, or we could win 3-1 if one of players finally breaks out.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #25

i think 2-1 Orlando, could be more if Kaka gets a corner fest and if the back end doesn't keep it togther.
I'm hoping Rivero gets another one...he's still getting a feel for the NA game but it looks like he's fitting in nicely.

The Impact got so lucky with Cameron Porter...straight out of the draft and the kid is playing with so much poise and confidence in CONCACAF Champions League.