REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #101
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,690 Times in 1,527 Posts
i turned it off after that dumb ass call.
As a Canucks fan, i'm pretty used to getting shit call and the shaft but this was total fucking bullshit. I can't even give that piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. It was a fucking joke.
i guess it goes to show the MLS reffing is nowhere near the standard.
that or refs just hate any team with Vancouver on it. Probably both.

They've definitely hit a dry spell, hopefully thing turn around and they go back to the form they were in at the beginning of the season. Anyone seen the new turf at BC Place? I'm lookin forward to seeing it...lol, the turf at home looks so fucking depressing.
Advertisement
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #102
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,794 Times in 823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
i turned it off after that dumb ass call.
As a Canucks fan, i'm pretty used to getting shit call and the shaft but this was total fucking bullshit. I can't even give that piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. It was a fucking joke.
i guess it goes to show the MLS reffing is nowhere near the standard.
that or refs just hate any team with Vancouver on it. Probably both.

They've definitely hit a dry spell, hopefully thing turn around and they go back to the form they were in at the beginning of the season. Anyone seen the new turf at BC Place? I'm lookin forward to seeing it...lol, the turf at home looks so fucking depressing.
I believe that the ref in the Rapids game was suspended last season due to allegations that he was involved in match fixing.

There are some pictures of the turf installation on BC Place's Instagram feed: https://instagram.com/bcplacestadium/
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #103

Well hot damn, who'd have thought we'd be 2 and 0 against the Galaxy so far.

Ends LA's 29 game unbeaten streak at home.

Easily Rivero's worst game...the lack of finish was concerning hopefully the week off will do em some good.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:06 AM   #104
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 2,877 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Well hot damn, who'd have thought we'd be 2 and 0 against the Galaxy so far.

Ends LA's 29 game unbeaten streak at home.

Easily Rivero's worst game...the lack of finish was concerning hopefully the week off will do em some good.
You have to admit his vision for the assists were rather crisp though. Yes Morales posted his shot, and the other to Mattocks was just too strong, but at least Rivero won't hesitate to pass the ball if he notices open space.
CorneringArtist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #105

3 points are 3 points, but people seem to be pretty muted about the win last night. It probably should have been 2 or 3 nil.

This year's version of the Galaxy just doesn't seem to have it. Even when Gerard comes in, I just don't see them being a contender this year. Seattle will be the team to beat in the west this year, with possibly Dallas coming in second.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #106
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
You have to admit his vision for the assists were rather crisp though. Yes Morales posted his shot, and the other to Mattocks was just too strong, but at least Rivero won't hesitate to pass the ball if he notices open space.
Agreed. I can really only fault him for the heavy pass to Mattocks. The first one was more on Morales. Do you know what's worse than a striker who's having trouble scoring? A selfish striker who's having trouble scoring. Let's keep in mind he also assisted on the Manneh goal, so I don't think he played that bad of a game.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #107

Rivero is the best forward the Whitecaps have had in the MLS era. He does so many things off the ball that help the team. The problem is that no one else has really stepped up, though Manneh always gives us hope that he may break out.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #108
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
been to almost every home game so far...... they play so much better away haha.

The 5 feet 3 dude gets bullied all the time, quiet sad really

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #109
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
We all know if it was Mattocks in the same situation with the ball there wouldn't be a pass and probably a shot 4ft over the crossbar.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #110
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
been to almost every home game so far...... they play so much better away haha.

The 5 feet 3 dude gets bullied all the time, quiet sad really
Techera gets bullied, but have you seen the chaos he creates if he's given space? That, and he gets tons of fouls called from slightly over-aggressive defenders LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
We all know if it was Mattocks in the same situation with the ball there wouldn't be a pass and probably a shot 4ft over the crossbar.
He showed spaghetti legs, and his inability to cross as well. He can't finish his breakfast.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #111

it's good to see Techera's starting to adapt well, the guy's a foul magnet lol
at that height his game is really all about speed and smarts

maybe i'm overreacting with Rivero but it looks like he's hit a wall offensively...the game in LA could easily have been 3-0

Manneh's fun to watch only when he's on his game but i guess the good thing is that he's only 20 so can't really fault him for inconsistency

is Hurtado on his way out? guy hasn't played in ages...plus if Mattocks is going away for Int'l duties you'd figure he'd at least draw in as sub.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 PM   #112

Mmmmm...dat penalty save by Ousted early.

Did Morales get the call for Chile?
Old 06-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #113
My homepage has been set to RS

Mannehhhh
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #114

Nvm looks like Morales is day to day with a calf strain.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #115

Got damn....Ousted with another pk save.
Give that man a medal.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #116
HELP ME PLS!!!

Man what a game by Ousted ... 2 saves!

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #117

damn...NYC FC set to sign Pirlo by the end of this week.

Lampard, Villa, Pirlo...Euro retirement club haha
I should really get around to picking up those tix for September's matcha gainst them.

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 06-23-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #118

Villa has been decent for NYCFC, but Lampard is going to get pretty roughed up in the league at age 37. He probably won't even play in Vancouver because of the turf.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #119

Thread bump.

9 points from the road trip was pretty good, but we threw away 3 points on Saturday night. I guess that's what happens when all 3 DPs are on the bench to start the game.

There's been some news in the league though - Pirlo signs with NYCFC and Dos Santos is confirmed to be signing with the Galaxy. I've got a ticket to see the aging superstars of NYCFC - it'll be interesting to see who plays on turf and who doesn't. Will the likes of Koffie and Laba make Pirlo and Lampard ragged by the end of the game? Will Kah clobber David Villa in the box?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:47 PM   #120
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

That game had some very suspect refering...
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #121

lol that was reminiscent of the Canucks, can't put away cellar dwellers
2/3 of the Rapids wins are against Vancouver

But i guess they deserve the break and yeah, all DPs were off the pitch
i'm trying to score some tickets for the the nyc fc game...hopefully their stars will play.
David Villa looks like he's been finding his groove lately
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 07-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #122

i've always wondered the cost analysis of turf vs natural grass
is BC Place just not designed for a natural grass field? or is that more a cost-related thing?

Caps have maintained they may be active in pursuing high-profile names/talent during the transfer period but its hard to find known skilled players willing to play in shit turf fields.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 07-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #123
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
i've always wondered the cost analysis of turf vs natural grass
is BC Place just not designed for a natural grass field? or is that more a cost-related thing?

Caps have maintained they may be active in pursuing high-profile names/talent during the transfer period but its hard to find known skilled players willing to play in shit turf fields.
I've heard of a few stadiums in Germany using hybrid turf, I wonder why the stuff used at BC place is garbage.

And the All-Star Game voted in Lampard, Pirlo, and Gerrard, despite all three of them having only played less than a few games collectively. Bullshit "popularity" it is...

However, I'd like to see some more firepower from Europe stepping in. Lots of potential abound for players wanting out.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #124

no surprise there really...it's always been a popularity contest.

that hybrid turf stuff is pretty cool. i have to assume it must be money and that extensive renovation would be needed to make BC place support natural grass so i guess this city is stuck with turf for the foreseeable future, which sucks.
Tt'd be nice to see some more Euro names but at the same time, it'd be nice to see hidden gems step up.
Whitecaps would really be handicapped pursuing any European firepower or even mid-level names. Good luck convincing someone to play half a season on turf. Some good scouting and surprise talents is pretty much what's gonna take the team to the top.

I scored some tix for the nycfc game in Sept. Pirlo and Lampard better make appearances lol
Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #125

The stuff used at BC Place is "garbage" because it is a multi-purpose facility: Lions, home shows, concerts, and monster truck shows. There's no way you could put grass, or even a hybrid system in there because the grass wouldn't survive. Even if you were to roll in natural grass, there's no where to store it anywhere near BC Place - land for grass growing/storage is simply way too expensive in Vancouver.

The Whitecaps are stuck with turf until they get their own stadium. The chances of that happening are nil unless they build one in Langley or Abbotsford. If they do, they're done as an MLS team as their prime market is 20-something urbanites.

If these Euro signings are the wave of the future, the Whitecaps are finished as top-tier hopefuls. They'll be mid-table at best because they won't be able to attract marquee talent.