REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2015 Whitecaps FC/MLS Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702102-official-2015-whitecaps-fc-mls-thread.html)

6o4__boi 03-10-2015 02:54 PM

The Official 2015 Whitecaps FC/MLS Thread

Seeing as this hasn't been made yet, I figured I should start. Checked previous history and it looks like it's usually posted on the Off-Topic forums but mods feel free to move if necessary.

Shitty end last year but lots to look forward to this year. I've been used to watching EPL games but since the WFC came to town it's been something of a growing interest. It's nowhere near the intensity and skill of games in Europe but its slowly getting better.

Besides that flub in the first game, Rivero is looking like a good pick up. Toronto win was predictable but I'm looking forward to another step in the right direction this year and the CONCACAF Champions League.

If anyone saw the Montreal game against Pachuca a few days ago...that was epic and I'm looking forward to the Caps participation in the 2015-16 tournament.

Here's hoping this year is another step in the right direction...and that Toronto continues to choke despite spending huge.

http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dyn...y=80&size=420x

Verdasco 03-10-2015 06:09 PM

dont think toronto's win was predictable if vancouver was like -250 or someshit

6o4__boi 03-10-2015 06:30 PM

Didn't see the odds but they definitely look to be the better team on paper vs the caps.

The 1st half went well enough...lol

Verdasco 03-10-2015 07:03 PM

went to the game, first 30 minutes it looked like vancouver could of scored 3+ goals easily

dominated toronto but lost gas after that

Sunfighter 03-10-2015 08:27 PM

I'm a HUGE TFC fan and travel to see them play. I was in the TFC supporters section on Saturday. TFC was lucky not to be down 3-1 at the half. However, Vancouver just got dismantled in the second.

I think Vancouver has some very talented individuals but I worry about a lack of chemistry and it's not at all clear who the leader of this team is. I'm not sure who is going to reign on those conflicting personalities up front. That said - a successful Whitecaps team is good for Canadian soccer so I wish you Whitecaps supporters all the best ... except when you play Toronto.

Tegra_Devil 03-10-2015 08:37 PM

...the only Vancouver team ill cheer for ;)

6o4__boi 03-11-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfighter (Post 8607846)
I'm a HUGE TFC fan and travel to see them play. I was in the TFC supporters section on Saturday. TFC was lucky not to be down 3-1 at the half. However, Vancouver just got dismantled in the second.

I think Vancouver has some very talented individuals but I worry about a lack of chemistry and it's not at all clear who the leader of this team is. I'm not sure who is going to reign on those conflicting personalities up front. That said - a successful Whitecaps team is good for Canadian soccer so I wish you Whitecaps supporters all the best ... except when you play Toronto.

Altidore is a troll...lol
but he looked legit in the first game.

It's a work in progress...Robbo said that the Caps will be trying to develop and showcase young talent, i'm just hoping his little South American escapade pays off. Imo, the team is still a legit CB and a proven striker or two away from doing damage. It's still up in the air if Hurtado and Rivero can actually fit in and give the team that missing offense since that dickbag Camillo left.

Tapioca 03-11-2015 10:02 AM

I was at the game too. It was the first game in which I can honestly say that Robbo got out-coached. He made substitutions that seemed to be pre-determined as opposed to changes that responded to how Toronto clogged the midfield. It was baffling why Mezquida wasn't subbed on.

Long ball is fun, but I think other teams understand how to shut the 'Caps down.

Rivero is going to be a great pickup. His movement is probably the best out of all of the strikers we've had. I'm sure he'll be more clinical as the season wears on. The team just needs to get him the ball.

Michael Bradley should have been carded for his tackle on Pedro in the 1st half. But, he's a dominant player when he's on. Giovinco looks to be the real deal too.

vafanculo 03-11-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfighter (Post 8607846)

I'm jealous. You guys got Giovinco. That's the only reason I went to the game.

Little dude made the difference for you guys. First goal was all his set up, and helped with the second too.

Caps should have won that game though. Played how a team playing their season opener at home should play, up until the half. That miss in the 10th minute was brutal too lol

6o4__boi 03-12-2015 07:19 AM

damn, just checked...nyc fc doesn't visit until Sep 9. Will most likely go to that game. Too bad Orlando isn't visiting this season.

slightly off mls but anyone catch the PSG/Chelsea game yesterday? that game was full of lulz

Durrann 03-12-2015 07:46 AM

exciting we got a couple of new guys this year

Verdasco 03-12-2015 08:34 AM

mario balotelli is making less than giovinco this year lol

didnt know MLS players get this much , other than david beckham :lawl:

6o4__boi 03-12-2015 08:40 AM

Giovinco's salary is pretty much the Caps payroll this season lol
Kaka makes $6.6M with Orlando.

NYC FC has oil money behind it.
Maybe a mainland businessman will buy the Caps one day...:troll:
watch the kit change from Bell to "Tsingtao" LOL

6o4__boi 03-14-2015 02:25 PM

Not a bad start...that Morales miss point black tho.

Sunfighter 03-15-2015 10:13 AM

Great result in Chicago ... to go on the road and take 3 points like that ... terrific job to the Whitecaps. They should be very happy with that result.

RacingMetro92 03-15-2015 10:29 AM

The caps have really looked good in these two games and are imposing their will when they get the ball. They're creating a ton of chances, but with the amount they've missed I hope it doesn't become a trend. Looked a lot like early 2014 when we had a "legit" goal scorer in Miller. The amount of speed we have is fun to watch, but our defence is suspect when it gets past Laba/ Teibert/Koffie, but they clean up when called on.

I'm happy Rivero is looking as advertised as well. His movement is opening up space and when given an opportunity he'll take it. I think the 15 Robbo thinks he'll score will be easy to get if he keeps playing like this. When he comes off though, I hope that the depth will be there to pick up the slack

6o4__boi 03-18-2015 09:06 AM

doesn't look good for Rosales being in Sat's game.
Excited to watch how we do against OFC tho...they already look good and Kaka is as advertised.

lol i was watching a clip of NYC FC the other day and i was like
:suspicious:
is ManCity playing an exhibition against NYCFC...then i realized they have similar kits.

Liquid_o2 03-18-2015 09:39 AM

Not a problem if Rosales misses the OFC game, Mezquida has looked great so far, especially with his link up play with Rivero. Not sure if he can play 90 minutes though.

6o4__boi 03-18-2015 11:11 AM

i doubt he could...he's barely a 60 minute player right now but if he can make those minutes count and his chemistry with Rivero go then they won't need him to be a full time player.

i do agree with the defense assessment though...it's looked suspect so far. I wonder when we're gonna see our draft pick (iirc he's some promising college CB) or who Robbo has in store. Waston was a good pick up but the back end is still lacking.

CorneringArtist 03-18-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8611718)
doesn't look good for Rosales being in Sat's game.
Excited to watch how we do against OFC tho...they already look good and Kaka is as advertised.

lol i was watching a clip of NYC FC the other day and i was like
:suspicious:
is ManCity playing an exhibition against NYCFC...then i realized they have similar kits.

Well considering that group that runs City is majority owner of the club, it's not too much of a surprise. Although the concept is quite interesting since they could send young players to NYC to get some playing time at a level that's a bit higher than English Championship/League One/Two play.

Morales needs to find his form soon though, he's starting brutally slow right now.

And while I'm on the subject of lower-tier English football, here's a clip of the Worlds Strongest Footballer (According to EA) Adebayo Akinfenwa, doing his best Marshawn Lynch impression and scoring a beautiful screamer.

6o4__boi 03-18-2015 11:51 AM

yeah...nycfc with their oil money, inb4 they get like 5 championships in a row when they start sending MC prospects to NYCFC, not sure how the rules would apply though (is there an import rule on MLS besides designated players?)

never heard of that guy, googled him and saw this pic

this guy's actually a fucking striker?
also got a Beast Mode clothing label haha
brb...adding him to my FUT for the lelz

6o4__boi 03-18-2015 04:21 PM

Damn, the impact are killing it at the semis right now.
Good game so far.

Liquid_o2 03-19-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8611768)
i doubt he could...he's barely a 60 minute player right now but if he can make those minutes count and his chemistry with Rivero go then they won't need him to be a full time player.

i do agree with the defense assessment though...it's looked suspect so far. I wonder when we're gonna see our draft pick (iirc he's some promising college CB) or who Robbo has in store. Waston was a good pick up but the back end is still lacking.

I'm disappointed that Andy O'Brien wasn't brought back. He really held the backline together with his voice and experience. Haven't been impressed with Kah so far, he is too similar to Waston. Doesn't make sense to have two CB's that play the same game, need to have complementary styles. I'd rather see Rodriguez, Parker or Dean beside Waston in the next game. The back line is just getting exploited right now.

Tapioca 03-20-2015 11:10 AM

Any predictions for tomorrow's game? I could see this game going either way - we could lose 2-0, or we could win 3-1 if one of players finally breaks out.

6o4__boi 03-20-2015 11:21 AM

i think 2-1 Orlando, could be more if Kaka gets a corner fest and if the back end doesn't keep it togther.
I'm hoping Rivero gets another one...he's still getting a feel for the NA game but it looks like he's fitting in nicely.

The Impact got so lucky with Cameron Porter...straight out of the draft and the kid is playing with so much poise and confidence in CONCACAF Champions League.