REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #176
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Glad I didn't get the Note 7. I've always been a Note series user and loved each and one of them; however, I ended up getting the S7 Edge because my previous phone crapped out before Note 7 got released.

I work at Metrotown and everyday I walk by the Samsung Store to get groceries from Superstore or lunch in the mall, Samsung store practically dead empty...
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #177
My homepage has been set to RS

How can anyone trust this company going forward? Lmao.

Samsung washing machine owners warned after explosion reports - Sep. 28, 2016
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #178
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
I'm still waiting to find out the true numbers (in Canada) of confirmed Note 7 cases. Anyone have these stats? I truly believe this is BLOWN out of proportion. LOL
Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #179
Got MOD?

The Canadian numbers should be pretty low since there haven't been very many reports.

Samsung was super fast on my replacement. Registered on 20th. Got my replacement on the 26th with return label and box.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #180
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
lol my parents just bought the exact same washing machine i believe
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #181
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
silly question but i just got my note 7 new one in the mail, i take it i have to go to best buy so they can put the warranty/ect on that new phone right
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:02 AM   #182

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
silly question but i just got my note 7 new one in the mail, i take it i have to go to best buy so they can put the warranty/ect on that new phone right
Most likely, since there is a serial number on your receipt.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:29 AM   #183
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
How can anyone trust this company going forward? Lmao.

Samsung washing machine owners warned after explosion reports - Sep. 28, 2016

Although that can happen to possibly any machine with the incorrect settings/load inside of it.

Had a older LG machine the inner barrel separated from the motor of our machine when we did our dogs bed

Much like how the customers sue car maker for their car rolling away when they "parked" whilst in Drive.
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #184

Smoking Samsung Note7 Prompts Airplane Evacuation - ABC News

LMAO

Quote:
A Southwest Airlines flight was evacuated today after a Samsung phone filled the cabin with smoke.

The phone's owner, Brian Green, told ABC News that the device was a replacement Note7, which is supposed to be free of a battery defect that has sparked fires and prompted a massive recall.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #185
God of Unce

Old 10-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #186

Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane - The Verge

100% confirmed a replacement note 7 using the IMEI as well. I hope none of you note 7 users plan to travel soon. Note brand is done after this, they're gonna scrap the name.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #187
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Incoming $0 on contract Note 7s
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #188

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
god i hope they have some decent promos when they come back.... the pixel sucks so bad ill take my chances with the battery
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #189

Quote:
Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane - The Verge

100% confirmed a replacement note 7 using the IMEI as well. I hope none of you note 7 users plan to travel soon. Note brand is done after this, they're gonna scrap the name.
Samsung looking into reports of overheating Note 7 replacements

I can't believe the timing of this. This Southwest Air Note 7 fire happened only five days after this above article that states users in Korea, USA, and abroad were complaining of their replacement Note 7's running unusually hot. Samsung's response at the time was "replacement Note 7's pose no safety concerns. All phones can fluctuate in temperature".

This whole situation now just screams corporate incompetence. I was reading a rumor that when the Note 7 battery issues first came to light, the battery OEM manufacturer went on record saying the problem is the circuitry/design on Samsung's end, not the batteries themselves. Does anyone have links for that? Could it be that Samsung is trying to pass off the blame and has now released replacement phones that still have the uncorrected issue?
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Samsung looking into reports of overheating Note 7 replacements

I can't believe the timing of this. This Southwest Air Note 7 fire happened only five days after this above article that states users in Korea, USA, and abroad were complaining of their replacement Note 7's running unusually hot. Samsung's response at the time was "replacement Note 7's pose no safety concerns. All phones can fluctuate in temperature".

This whole situation now just screams corporate incompetence. I was reading a rumor that when the Note 7 battery issues first came to light, the battery OEM manufacturer went on record saying the problem is the circuitry/design on Samsung's end, not the batteries themselves. Does anyone have links for that? Could it be that Samsung is trying to pass off the blame and has now released replacement phones that still have the uncorrected issue?
Honestly Samsung should be thanking the gods right now. If that phone caught fire while the plane was in mid air 6000 feet there'd be a shit storm raining down on them.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #191
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Honestly Samsung should be thanking the gods right now. If that phone caught fire while the plane was in mid air 6000 feet there'd be a shit storm raining down on them.
I wish it happened on plane.

The phone itself probably wouldn't be enough to take down the plane, but enough to do some damage to get Samsung to get their shit together.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #192
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

I dunno, an iPhone 6 caught fire on a flight to Hawaii back in March and nothing happened. It probably didn't get much coverage because exploding iPhones wasn't the hot news item at the time?
Old 10-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #193
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Samsung should just scrap Note 7 line all together.. its going to end up costing them more to push the product out then buying it all back...
Old 10-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I wish it happened on plane.

The phone itself probably wouldn't be enough to take down the plane, but enough to do some damage to get Samsung to get their shit together.
It wouldn't take the plane down but if you read the article smoke filled the entire cabin with the phone burning into the floor. Imagine being a passenger for hours in a airplane filled with smoke.

Samsung will probably just scrap the Note lineup and release two different sized Galaxy S phones but the damage is done. It'll take a few years for people to get over this.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #195

I believe iPhone blowing up are far less common, don't happen when they're brand new, and I recall reading related to improper charging or something

Samsung had a chance to correct it and they should've made sure it was bulletproof for take 2

this is far worse than antennagate/bendgate and got way more coverage than Toyota's sticking pedal recall.

their mobile device sales this year and next will be greatly affected....but will probably bounce back after a while because we seem to have short memories.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #196
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I'll have a short memory about it because one of their phones never blew up on me. I'd buy another Toyota because one of their gas pedals never got stuck on me either.

For the few people it happened to then they are probably swearing off the brand forever. The rest will probably forget if the S8 looks like a badass phone.

I'm sure other phone companies will take some digs about it when they release their own flagship, but that's the game.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #197

you could make $600 if you enter a testimony

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-wa...ecall-debacle/
Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'll have a short memory about it because one of their phones never blew up on me. I'd buy another Toyota because one of their gas pedals never got stuck on me either.

For the few people it happened to then they are probably swearing off the brand forever. The rest will probably forget if the S8 looks like a badass phone.

I'm sure other phone companies will take some digs about it when they release their own flagship, but that's the game.
I think you're a delusional fan boy.

People can forgive Toyota because they actually did a proper recall and owned up. Samsung just immediately re-released a dangerous product which caught fire on a plane. Just skimming the reddit android sub and I see people posting that their replacement phones get hot for no reason (not charging, screen off etc)

Currently every airline in the world announces and checks beforehand that no note 7 is allowed to be turned on. Every new Samsung phone announcement news piece for the next couple years will mention this note 7 debacle.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #199
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I don't even own a Samsung but yeah, I must be a fanboy.

Has it even been proven that this latest device that blew up was just a repackaged Note that didn't have any changes to it? Or are we going with people on Reddit saying their phone feels hot as fact that Samsung just reissued the same phones without changing the batteries?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:15 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I don't even own a Samsung but yeah, I must be a fanboy.

Has it even been proven that this latest device that blew up was just a repackaged Note that didn't have any changes to it? Or are we going with people on Reddit saying their phone feels hot as fact that Samsung just reissued the same phones without changing the batteries?
Posted an article a few posts above you from TheVerge proving its a replacement device. They ran the serial # on Samsungs website and it says a SAFE device.

Also this is what you posted earlier "I'll have a short memory about it because one of their phones never blew up on me". So you don't own a Samsung or you do?