REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #201
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Posted an article a few posts above you from TheVerge proving its a replacement device. They ran the serial # on Samsungs website and it says a SAFE device.

Also this is what you posted earlier "I'll have a short memory about it because one of their phones never blew up on me". So you don't own a Samsung or you do?

I had an S4 a few years ago, but even if I had never owned a Samsung phone before that doesn't change the fact that one never blew up on me. We'll see how this goes, but I'll be surprised if it's because they fucked up again and have to recall every replacement unit as well.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I had an S4 a few years ago, but even if I had never owned a Samsung phone before that doesn't change the fact that one never blew up on me. We'll see how this goes, but I'll be surprised if it's because they fucked up again and have to recall every replacement unit as well.
Your logic is that you use to own one of their devices, which did not have issues -- so they get a pass on any future fuck ups. Corporations love people like you.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #203

Quote:
Your logic is that you use to own one of their devices, which did not have issues -- so they get a pass on any future fuck ups. Corporations love people like you.
My logic is whether or not you have owned one of their devices, if a problem didn't directly affect you then you're less likely to care when it comes to buying their products in the future.

If one of their products brought down a plane and killed everyone on board that would be different.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #204

Quote:
My logic is whether or not you have owned one of their devices, if a problem didn't directly affect you then you're less likely to care when it comes to buying their products in the future.

If one of their products brought down a plane and killed everyone on board that would be different.
Your logic is flawed. A lot of shitty things have never directly affected me, I still attempt to stay away from them.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #205

Sure and they'll lose some business from that but it's not going to spell the end for one of the best selling phone companies in the world. If anything they'll rebrand the Note line and most people will forget about it. If this happened to Apple how many fanboys would actually swear off using their products? Not fucking many.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #206

Quote:
Sure and they'll lose some business from that but it's not going to spell the end for one of the best selling phone companies in the world. If anything they'll rebrand the Note line and most people will forget about it. If this happened to Apple how many fanboys would actually swear off using their products? Not fucking many.
Nokia was once the largest and most successful phone maker in the world.

This did not happen to Apple, this happened to a company with a history of bad quality control.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #207

Quote:
Nokia was once the largest and most successful phone maker in the world.

This did not happen to Apple, this happened to a company with a history of bad quality control.
What's your point with Nokia? They lost their spot as top dog because they didn't get with the times, and Apple and Android took it from them. They didn't have some big PR blunder and never recover. Horrible example.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #208

Quote:
What's your point with Nokia? They lost their spot as top dog because they didn't get with the times, and Apple and Android took it from them. They didn't have some big PR blunder and never recover. Horrible example.
Point is any giant in the mobile business can fall -- Noka was untouchable for a very long time. Samsung has been #2 to Apple for a while now but that's going to change pretty fast.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #209

Quote:
Point is any giant in the mobile business can fall -- Noka was untouchable for a very long time. Samsung has been #2 to Apple for a while now but that's going to change pretty fast.
To who, HTC or LG lol

Unless the Pixel phone takes off not much will change. Apple might steal some customers away.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #210
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
This whole fiasco is definitely going to affect Samsung, but only in the short term.

Samsung is the number one smartphone manufacturer in the world at 22.8% market share. The next one is Apple at 11.7%.

Samsung also has so many divisions (beyond smartphones and televisions) that even if it's mobile division were to take a hit, it wouldn't matter much overall.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #211

Quote:
To who, HTC or LG lol

Unless the Pixel phone takes off not much will change. Apple might steal some customers away.
My money's on Google's Pixel -- if we're talking about the high-end market strictly. They're ramping up marketing this time around and it looks like it's the perfect time to do it.

Who knows though, there's just too many different Androids out there to choose from -- it could just be all of the other Android makers sharing the pie of ex-Samsung users equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
This whole fiasco is definitely going to affect Samsung, but only in the short term.

Samsung is the number one smartphone manufacturer in the world at 22.8% market share. The next one is Apple at 11.7%.

Samsung also has so many divisions (beyond smartphones and televisions) that even if it's mobile division were to take a hit, it wouldn't matter much overall.
Yeah thats if you include shitty low spec phones. They make all kinds of models.

Correct me if I'm wrong but mobile is their biggest division, which is what we're talking about here not the overall conglomerate.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #212
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Yeah thats if you include shitty low spec phones. They make all kinds of models.

Correct me if I'm wrong but mobile is their biggest division, which is what we're talking about here not the overall conglomerate.
My point is that the Note 7 will cost Samsung customers this year and next (for those signing new contracts), but it will not cause them any long term harm.

I threw in that division comment because a lot of people are thinking that the Note 7 is going to ruin Samsung.. lmfao

Samsung makes a lot of money off their lower and mid-range phones. While most people here in Canada might have Galaxy S phones, but for the rest of the world, the A and J series are extremely popular.

If I were to bet, I'd say most people switching away from the Note 7 will just either end up settling for the S7/S7E (brand loyalty) or an iPhone (money).

No one is going to be getting the Pixel other than Nexus users that don't already have a 6P. It's been the same in previous years and it will be the same again this year, except this year, the pricepoint of the phone is in the Note 7 and iPhone territory.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #213
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Posted an article a few posts above you from TheVerge proving its a replacement device. They ran the serial # on Samsungs website and it says a SAFE device.

Also this is what you posted earlier "I'll have a short memory about it because one of their phones never blew up on me". So you don't own a Samsung or you do?
Maybe he used to own a samsung...?
turb0triX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:26 PM   #214
Got MOD?

My replacement Note 7 working perfectly fine. No overheating issues or anything. I was going to order the Pixel but after seeing the specs and price will not be. Too bad. I've owned every nexus phone since the Galaxy Nexus. Too bad since I sold my 6P already.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #215
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Frikken still waiting for my replacement
Still using the "dangerous" phone
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #216
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
My point is that the Note 7 will cost Samsung customers this year and next (for those signing new contracts), but it will not cause them any long term harm.

I threw in that division comment because a lot of people are thinking that the Note 7 is going to ruin Samsung.. lmfao

Samsung makes a lot of money off their lower and mid-range phones. While most people here in Canada might have Galaxy S phones, but for the rest of the world, the A and J series are extremely popular.

If I were to bet, I'd say most people switching away from the Note 7 will just either end up settling for the S7/S7E (brand loyalty) or an iPhone (money).

No one is going to be getting the Pixel other than Nexus users that don't already have a 6P. It's been the same in previous years and it will be the same again this year, except this year, the pricepoint of the phone is in the Note 7 and iPhone territory.
Yep wife was going to get the note 7 for sure. After seeing all the issues, just bought the s7 edge when it was on sale at the Samsung store at metrotown. Trade in your old device (broken flip phone from the early 2000s for me) and got $200 off. Final price out the door for a s7e was $756 taxes in. Not bad considering a note 7 would have cost a few hundred more. The battery life on the edge is overpowering.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #217
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Are the notes available for sale yet?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #218
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Mane View Post
Are the notes available for sale yet?
No. I just had a online chat with a Ssmsung rep through their website a few hours ago. Wouldn't give me a time line either
Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #219
Got MOD?

Same. I just contacted my Rogers business rep and they couldn't give me an ETA.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #220
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Rumours out of the US suggest carriers there might stop selling the Note 7 altogether. Two maybe three replacement Note 7s caught fire recently.

Samsung knew a third replacement Note 7 caught fire on Tuesday and said nothing - The Verge
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #221

A fourth replacement Galaxy Note 7 caught fire in Virginia this morning

Don't know if this is true or not since The Verge is the only news outlet reporting four replacements burning up, but if it is true then the issue is becoming serious.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #222

Samsung says it's 'working diligently' as fifth replacement Note 7 burns - The Verge

5th replacement note 7 caught fire today. Samsung says they're 'working hard on it' LOL.

Quote:
Another replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has caught fire, this one in Houston, Texas. Daniel Franks was at lunch with his daughter and wife when their replacement caught fire while sitting on the table, he told The Verge in an interview. It had been replaced at a Best Buy store in late September.

Franks said that his eight-year old daughter regularly plays Minecraft on the phone and wondered what could have happened if she was holding it or it was in his pocket or sitting on a nightstand.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #223

Quote:
Samsung says it's 'working diligently' as fifth replacement Note 7 burns - The Verge

5th replacement note 7 caught fire today. Samsung says they're 'working hard on it' LOL.
I'm finding it odd that The Verge is the only news outlet reporting five Note 7 fires. They also appear to be quick to post any news story about the Note 7 (AT&T halting sales, Australian carrier Telstra halting replacements).

The only Note 7 fires covered by multiple news outlets were the first two that The Verge reported. The latter three are only reported by The Verge. Makes me wonder if they have some sort of biased interest in all this.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
I'm finding it odd that The Verge is the only news outlet reporting five Note 7 fires. They also appear to be quick to post any news story about the Note 7 (AT&T halting sales, Australian carrier Telstra halting replacements).

The only Note 7 fires covered by multiple news outlets were the first two that The Verge reported. The latter three are only reported by The Verge. Makes me wonder if they have some sort of biased interest in all this.
Because its a major tech blog?

You think CNN will report daily on this?

Anyways we're at 7:

We?re up to seven reports of ?safe? Galaxy Note 7s exploding [Update] | Ars Technica
Old 10-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #225
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Samsung temporarily halts production of Galaxy Note 7: official

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote